Share your Unreal Engine 4 questions with us!

Rynara

• NCSOFT
1 hour ago, Wesker said:

so ive noticed in korea where ue4 is already running that some costumes that are for us Tailorable cant be tailored in korea is this a thing depending on region or will some costumes lose the support for the Tailor shop in UE4? 
UE4:
https://ibb.co/qk1p0nm

UE3:
https://ibb.co/f06jKHz

There shouldn't be any code changes to customizable costumes so those might be two different versions (even though they dont look different). Do let us know if you have costumes that were customizable and it changed after tomorrow.

12 minutes ago, Raiden12 said:

Server Maintence when, and how long?
Thank you for you work and time! ❤️ 

Posting the times shortly. It's going to be a long one. 😱

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Hime said:

@Raiden12Just posted the maintenance times.

We're looking at a 12-14 hour maintenance (yes, it's long) and aiming for the servers to be back online at 4:15 p.m. PDT / 1 a.m CEST.

cool, so I can follow the old saying "Never play on Patchday"  for once 😄 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Belido said:

I haven't heared about this, but that doesn't mean much.

Its because when it went like on KR there was a bug similar to the one we had with that soul event that prevented people from logging in. So it was advised to unequip everything to make sure you do not error out jsut in case the bug is included xD

̶h̶e̶l̶l̶o̶C̶a̶n̶ ̶w̶e̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶l̶e̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶1̶ ̶f̶r̶e̶e̶ ̶a̶p̶p̶e̶a̶r̶a̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶n̶g̶e̶ ̶v̶o̶u̶c̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶u̶p̶d̶a̶t̶e̶?̶ ̶I̶ ̶s̶a̶w̶ ̶a̶ ̶v̶i̶d̶e̶o̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶p̶a̶r̶i̶s̶o̶n̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶b̶o̶d̶i̶e̶s̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶r̶a̶c̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶u̶e̶3̶ ̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶s̶u̶s̶ ̶u̶e̶4̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶I̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶i̶r̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶r̶a̶c̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶n̶g̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶f̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶U̶E̶4̶.̶

Edit: just saw the one that can be earned from event that comes a month later... 

Edited by Kalionz

Hi I am downloading this pre-patch EU4 now, but it says I need to remove the old blade & soul files.

I am not sure how to find them all and what to do, can you please tell me step by step how to make sure that the old files are gone and just this new UE4 is on my pc.

Thanks so much for listening and helping me.

• NCSOFT
1 hour ago, Mewling said:

Hi I am downloading this pre-patch EU4 now, but it says I need to remove the old blade & soul files.

I am not sure how to find them all and what to do, can you please tell me step by step how to make sure that the old files are gone and just this new UE4 is on my pc.

Hi Mewling, it shouldn't prompt you to delete the old game files. Could we get a screenshot of what you're seeing? Thanks!

• Like 1

It isn't asking me to do anything, I was just under the understanding that I needed to delete the old Blade & Soul 3.

Maybe I am confused.

*After UE4 update is live your original UE3 Client will need to be manually uninstalled from your system for uninterrupted player experience.

Edited by Mewling
additional information.

39 minutes ago, Mewling said:

It isn't asking me to do anything, I was just under the understanding that I needed to delete the old Blade & Soul 3.

Maybe I am confused.

*After UE4 update is live your original UE3 Client will need to be manually uninstalled from your system for uninterrupted player experience.

My understanding is that after the UE4 version goes live, you can safely uninstall the UE3 client to free up drive space. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mewling said:

Maybe I am confused.

P.S. -- But I can see how the way they phrased it ("for uninterrupted player experience") might sow some unnecessary doubt.

I think the only game-related interruption that might occur would happen if someone still tried to log in with the UE3 client instead of the UE4 client.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mewling said:

Why keep ue3 files and try to download ue4 aswell, better to start menu>control panel>uninstall bns then restart PC.
Open NC launcher, pre-download ue4 and done... 

26 minutes ago, Mewling said:

Okay, thank you. I will take it off after the Eu4 is done. 🙂

it's the launcher which needs an update, as long UE3 was still live it made some issues trying to uninstall, but now (for me roughly 1h after server down) the launcher was updated on restarting it and after this, all traces of UE3 been erased from launcher-window/settings.

• Like 1