Jump to content
Forums

Share your Unreal Engine 4 questions with us!


Recommended Posts

- Good anticheat when?

- Soul Boost coming to NA/EU servers?

- More punishment against cheaters and wintraders?

 

That's all I want to know, don't worry, I won't blame you guys if you don't answer any of them because the guys over in Korea got the power and you can't talk freely on everything. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello, let me start with the most burning one.   Will our version of the UE4 client come with any sort of protection against 3rd party client modification methods? UE3 ladders and econo

What will be done to players that abuse things possible in the game currently without making use of cheating/XML (file editing) for example wintrading using multiple clients or even with friends. Will

Will the UE4 update bring more eyes to the Arena gamemode? currently dominated by hackers and wintraders for about 2years now. Very curious if the UE4 update will bring change to this or if it'll rema

PVP legit unbalanced. +1 on that.
PVE is playable, its just not the optimal if we talk about how to maximise dps of classes. Yes xmledit helps, but its not like we lose that option. We lose gcd as far as we know atm. The gear diff is huge yes. CTA event is literal garbage in terms of items it gives. KR gives those items in story :))

for new players theres no real content to do sicne noone rly accepts them into higher dungeons, or its extremely hard to farm scales or whatever the hell u want to be competent. or like as a new player seeing that u need like 300 runs for the acc if you dont wanna bid for thousands of golds that u dont have as a new player( lets not talk about tc sellers now)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dragun015 said:

 

Just fyi i have also played since the beta and i have peaked top1 class in eu BG ( first season ) and arena 2018.

 

Trust me i know this topic better than anyone else here.

 

That literally means next to 0. But whatever floats your boat.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • NCSOFT
8 hours ago, Yberion said:

Hello, I think you refer to my question.

 

I wasn't talking about content, but engine version. Like the first UE4 version was on the "KR Test Server" and contained a ton of bugs. They fixed some issues and they released UE4 on the "KR Live Server", but it still contained ton of bugs, but they patched it day after day, week after week. They even had connection bug, etc.

 

7 hours ago, Raiden12 said:

I think it was my question.
What I mean is.. in Korea every Wednesday they fixed some issues, changed few things, etc.

So.. do we get the latest patch in Korea, whats live is in korea, or an older patch?

 

Thanks for the clarity. It's likely we'll just be a few patches behind as typically you'd lockdown a version to release, but we're not releasing Day 1 KR UE4 build. We'll have the major bug fixes that were released.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • NCSOFT
10 hours ago, Azzuray said:

 

Are you freaking kidding ? That patch was made on 30th june on live KR server, and you told us its not present in this UE4 version ??! DB was introduce on 30th June ! are u stripping what we are able to get and what not ?? or you just "assume" that you didnt get this change.

Hi Azzuray, thanks for the date context. That's key here. So we received a skill change document that we work off. It had no mention of changes to Alpha Call or Fighting Spirit so thus the answer given. I had hopes the document would be complete but alas, hopes dashed and those skill changes ARE present in the game. For those who follow the Korean notes closely, the skill changes we're getting are up to July 728.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • NCSOFT
9 hours ago, Narudare Aran said:

So, can we use a joystick configuration software like joytokey or not? It's really important for me.

 

This is not a application we test but I don't see why it wouldn't. Let us know if joytokey doesn't work when we launch on Wednesday.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks @HimeFor sharing with us the Date, that all that matter for us to understand the state on UE4 that is coming. But if we could actualy get the one that come on 07/14/2021 it would be so much bettter for everyone ... It fix a lot of things and also provide balance for a lot of classes and specs ..

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • NCSOFT
4 hours ago, Amane said:

- Good anticheat when?

We recently brought GameGuard back to Lineage II. 👀 But we'll ask the powers that be.

 

4 hours ago, Amane said:

- More punishment against cheaters and wintraders?

We will ask for it.

 

4 hours ago, Amane said:

- Soul Boost coming to NA/EU servers?

Man, they use Soul Boost as the name for a bunch of events. We can't exactly say yes or not on the future content because it can all change but it is on our schedule (for now) for the year along with everything else that was part of the large UE4 update that is now going to be released through out the next few months.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • NCSOFT
2 minutes ago, Azzuray said:

Thanks @HimeFor sharing with us the Date, that all that matter for us to understand the state on UE4 that is coming. But if we could actualy get the one that come on 07/14/2021 it would be so much bettter for everyone ... It fix a lot of things and also provide balance for a lot of classes and specs ..

I understand completely. And um, don't get mad at me. I was looking at the wrong document. We're getting skill changes up to July 28 not July 7...

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

How will the ping be? Will we be getting server side changes with the UE 4 client to optimize and lower ping more? Currently even NA players need to use tools to improve their connection to get ping that's more in line with other titles out there.

 

Also within the recommended specifications... Specifically the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB and why that was chosen when there are differences within the RTX series of cards and shaders vs the GTX. Is the developers intention supposed to be the way the GTX version renders and RTX just interprets it differently?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LordSwift said:

How will the ping be? Will we be getting server side changes with the UE 4 client to optimize and lower ping more? Currently even NA players need to use tools to improve their connection to get ping that's more in line with other titles out there.

 

Also within the recommended specifications... Specifically the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB and why that was chosen when there are differences within the RTX series of cards and shaders vs the GTX. Is the developers intention supposed to be the way the GTX version renders and RTX just interprets it differently?

 

 

Shaders on RTX and higher have a better version and it handles shadows in a better way 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Azzuray said:

Shaders on RTX and higher have a better version and it handles shadows in a better way 🙂

Well I wouldn't say "better" just "differently". I already know why it does what it does but was just curious when they finalized the specs what they were thinking if it was just pure performance vs visuals with how they came up with the GTX series as the recommendation and all.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks like Assassin's will still be overpowered with their C iframe still being unstoppable to cap Beluga Horns. We needed 08/04 skill patch to be released to fix a lot of the class imbalances in this game. Russian region even fixed the C iframe fix individually because they noticed the issue, now Assassin's will still be terrorizing battlegrounds until November since our skill patches are so behind. I was really hopeful for UE4 release to be fixing a lot of the current skill imbalances, but it looks like they'll still exist and I'm worried for the current and new players coming back to touch the game and realize it's the same developer and quit like they did before.

 

When can we expect KR skill patch 08/04 to hit NA/EU? This is crucial and I'm hoping not to have the entire player base waiting until November.

Edited by skyy
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, LordSwift said:

Well I wouldn't say "better" just "differently". I already know why it does what it does but was just curious when they finalized the specs what they were thinking if it was just pure performance vs visuals with how they came up with the GTX series as the recommendation and all.

 

I was always under the impression that minimum specs should always be based on 1080p 60fps gameplay as guideline with i think max graphical options enabled. That might be why they opted for this.

Link to post
Share on other sites

hey @Rynara

i'm playing this game normally with 300ms From Saudi Arabia , but with using GPN (VPN gaming) like WTF,exitlag and noping it's make the game playable with 170+ms so it's really help a lot , it's the anti-cheat will detected that ?

 

also 1 more question that's really i need the answer from it

me and my brother we play this game together so we had our account info we help each others for dungeon , raids , pvp and also farming so both of us using same payment card and everything , but he is in other country close to my country for his work , it's the sharing account will be fine like we do or it's gonna be something different ? 

 

❤️ thx and waiting your reply

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Amane said:

- More punishment against cheaters and wintraders?

 

13 hours ago, Hime said:

We will ask for it.

 

Wait a minute.

You have to ask for more punishment against cheaters and wintraiders? Just who do you have to ask that and why? Isn't that part of your (NCWEST) responsibility?

Shouldn't it be obvious that cheaters and wintraiders offending tos and ruin the playing experince for other players? And thus customers?

But at the same time, you kind of acknowladge that you have done too little in this reagard. Still not sure if this is good.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Shekinah said:

 

 

Wait a minute.

You have to ask for more punishment against cheaters and wintraiders? Just who do you have to ask that and why? Isn't that part of your (NCWEST) responsibility?

Shouldn't it be obvious that cheaters and wintraiders offending tos and ruin the playing experince for other players? And thus customers?

But at the same time, you kind of acknowladge that you have done too little in this reagard. Still not sure if this is good.

It's well known that NCWest has absolutely zero authority to do anything...not that they know much about the game in the first place. The streams prove that much.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, LynMasterRace said:

It's well known that NCWest has absolutely zero authority to do anything...not that they know much about the game in the first place. The streams prove that much.

For everything that is related to programming and such yes. This was out of question.

But even dealing with cheaters and such? This as well is controlled by korean overlords?

This is what gets me angry here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, CoyoteColt said:

 

In the past, the old anti-cheat banned many players for using VPN (exitLag/Noping/WtFast ....) to improve the connection to the server. Will we have the same problem with the new anti-cheat?

 

It was not the anti-cheat. Anti-cheat we used to have literally did not ban anyone. Players who faced that issue were related to scammers / other cheaters / exploiters who used a vpn to hide their IP. If your ip coincided with the one of the scammers you were hit by the ban wave too. All you needed to do is send a ticket and you were unbanned.

 

2 hours ago, Hero irelia said:

also 1 more question that's really i need the answer from it

me and my brother we play this game together so we had our account info we help each others for dungeon , raids , pvp and also farming so both of us using same payment card and everything , but he is in other country close to my country for his work , it's the sharing account will be fine like we do or it's gonna be something different ? 

 

Account sharing has always been at own risk. Worst case if something happens  and you get "hacked" support may not assist you anymore due to the account being shared.

 

29 minutes ago, Kazh Ruzara said:

When will the UE3 servers go offline?

Tomorrow with maintenance. Once maintenance is over you will only be able to play using the UE4 client.

 

14 hours ago, skyy said:

When can we expect KR skill patch 08/04 to hit NA/EU? This is crucial and I'm hoping not to have the entire player base waiting until November.

Your best bet is to wait and check tomorrow. From what i gather it should also be in tomorrows patch, despite Hime saying until July 28th. (The patch notes Hime and the team get for skill changes have always been incomplete or not full / hella inacurate)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Hime unpinned this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...