Forums

Share your Unreal Engine 4 questions with us!

Rynara

After updating to UE4, my fps is lower than UE3.  I have a 5900x, 32gb ram 3600c15 and a 3080ti, hitting 20fps 4k max setting in muslin tower.  The only way I fixed it was set the shadow from 5 to 1 and that increased my fps from 20 to 45-50fps, which is way more playable.  I didn't had that problem before with UE3 and I can set everything to max and still be able to maintain 60+ fps in muslin tower.  GPU usuage is constant 100% unlike UE3, game play is smoother but I feel like there should be more optimization done to make this game perform better.  I mean I can play cyberpunk 2077 4k max all settings with ray tracing on and dlss set to performance mode while hitting 60 in a crowded city, yet I can't do the same to BNS...

well guys its been a cool run, but sadly without controller support i cant play any more, i have a condition in one of my arms and it hurts badly if i use the keyboard, this was one of the few MMo that use a controller, im hearth-broken, well its BD now T_T, i was waiting for this update so badly... well i hope everyone have a nice gaming experiense, couse mine ends here with B&S

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, NatsumeTomomi said:

well guys its been a cool run, but sadly without controller support i cant play any more, i have a condition in one of my arms and it hurts badly if i use the keyboard, this was one of the few MMo that use a controller, im hearth-broken, well its BD now T_T, i was waiting for this update so badly... well i hope everyone have a nice gaming experiense, couse mine ends here with B&S

You can use any controller to play any games if you use the controller emulator x360ce or xpadder

• Like 2

On 9/6/2021 at 6:28 AM, Rynara said:

Q: Will the controller mode still be available on the UE4 client?

A: Unfortunately, UE4 will no longer support controller mode.

This is just beyond lazy, there is absolutely no reason UE4 wouldn't work with controllers, you're going to lose a lot of players because of this highly unnecessary change or cause players to use 3rd party programs to get controllers to work.

It hurts me a lot to use K&M and I do not enjoying playing it without a controller plus this change was NOT in your patch notes thus it should never have been changed to begin with, seems like I wasted money on this game because the developers are too lazy to do what is right.

• Like 2

God, imagine saying Days before the update was suppose to come out

that there will be no controller support
on the forums, and nowhere else

after almost 6 years of the game
just, not even reimplemented 

i don't know if the UE4 was that much diffrent from UE3 that it would had been that much more difficult to reimplement gamepad support for it to end up on the chopping block

Well, my fps dropped from 120 fps in mushin to 60 fps.
And there are still this ghosts standing around in pvp areas.
Hard to understand why you changed the optic of the game
so much while it never had been an issue, while fps
was a great issue and it got even worse.

I am on a 5600x / 32 GB RAM / 6600 XT

down to 10 fps in mushin tower.

In your UE4 stream everyone told you to show fps,
but you didn't. Now we know why.

Edited by massiveStorms

20 minutes ago, brendon heron said:

well my question is when do they finish with maintenance been trying to play since 3pm on wednesday and still says its in maintenance 

It's actually not in maintenance anymore, servers have been up since 4PM PDT yesterday, you might need to reinstall the game.

The most important question is "WHY?" 

The graphic & no lag & fast loading screens are amazing, but everything rest is... not needed.

Why?:

Removed CTRL + I?

Removed most of the dungeons/raids from CTRL + J ?

Removed some of the dungeons from F8. ?

Buffed THAT MUCH boss ?

Black outfits looks more like grey outfits now?

Changed the dungeons that much, too much HP, it takes forever to find players & do 1 dungeon, why we have KR dungeons with EU gears/rewards?

@Hime - people started to quit the game, you guys better do something with it, or the game will be dead soon. Fix it ASAP.

PVP-Arena still has the issue, that it feels like the fps drop more
and more after some matches. A way to fix it was to get out
of the lobby and back it after a short while.

Another issue is the orientation is messed up when you die in 6vs6
and looking around while dead. When you respawn your orientation
is not straight forward. Please just reset orientation after dead.
That's a really easy short line of code.

On 9/9/2021 at 8:49 AM, Shaun said:

This is just beyond lazy, there is absolutely no reason UE4 wouldn't work with controllers, you're going to lose a lot of players because of this highly unnecessary change or cause players to use 3rd party programs to get controllers to work.

Never knew so many people used controller for BnS.

I tried it once back in 2016, but the controller felt confusing compared to M+K

I quitet a few months ago, came back yesterday to try the game with UE4. I've played the game since beta. It never ran really smoothly, but I kept playing it because I really liked the game. But since UE4 is out, it's just unplayable for me. It's just going worse than before. I can play games like Fortnite, Back 4 Blood (I tested and played the Beta) and any other games with MAX graphics and with stable 40-60 FPS without any problems. But unfortunately that just doesn't work with Blade & Soul and since I don't see myself buying a new graphics card or CPU just for this game, I'll will just leave again and devote myself to my other games that I'm currently playing.

It was a great gaming experience. 

I wish everyone who is still playing this game a lot of fun.

Thanks.

Considering controller support is not a t huge task to add into Unreal Engine 4. And it shows controller buttons still on blade and soul menus. Why decide to remove it considering player base used controllers even your mobile game supports controllers. Or was this a over site that will be added as some of is founding players cannot just play mouse and keyboard if you have limited to little use of say left or right hand. Couldnt the Dev team consider situation that this locks out some returning players from full enjoyment with mislead to see controller ui still there?

First, i think the game looks quite decent with the update, i logged in with my char on the same place as usual and it looked really nice. Maybe the performance drops under load but the look is a real upgrade. The UI, yes it is plain as most of the mobile apps are going to trend towards this look, but it is tiny and in some places hard to read. But the most greatest disappointment of all was the dropping of controller support. I started playing this game because of this reason. i don´t have to be in front of my pc/laptop and can easy play this with a good controller without getting stiffness or pain from sitting there with a mouse and a keyboard like i have to do in my job 8 hours a day. So please, please reconsider putting gamepad support back in the game. it was for me a important reason to choose this game over the other bunch of free mmo´s and later to get premium for now some years. But without i really have to reconsider to stay a premium member on this otherwise for me entertaining game.

• Like 1