Forums

Dokkaebi lag

Pulsing

4 hours ago, Pulsing said:

After 5th round, it becomes unplayable. I know it's Mushin Tower, but why put the event dungeon there?

I wanted to post the same cause i die at stage 7 due to several seconds of freeze time but since UE4 comming soon i dont think they will boother even looking into it.

My PC:

Intel Core I7 @stock

GTX 1080

32GB of Ram

Installed on NVME SSD

• Like 1

I get to stage 7 also and lag so bad I can't run away. Sounds rigged at this point.

btw, 3-4 years they said their are no more optimizations they can do in the current engine.  I think they just don't wanna spend the money on making it optimized. Also like last poster said UE4 coming out in a few months and we can only hope at this point that the performance gets better.

Edited by Garlend
  • Like 1

Yeah the lag gets really bad after the 5th round. I will be doing okay then have a Huge Lag Spike and and find 90% of my HP gone or that I am Dead.
I upgraded my comp a few moths back and since then have never had lag anywhere else but in this instance.

DUDE, your 5th round lag means u using to slow mother board and its just cant process all information in time (cant say to old, because 5k was released this year to with lower power consumption and cost), as u say its 5th so u using 5k motherboard speed as known as 2x16, u know right world released 3x16 as 8k, and 4x16 as 16k? So do you really asking game management keep this game in lowest level just because some people don't want to progress?

Edited by SamSalaBim

2 hours ago, Exchallenger said:

I get insta die at stage 10. no lag no freeze. it happens always. if u think u dying cuz of lag, u wrong. there is different someting.

u ran out of time

• Like 1

On 7/26/2021 at 5:10 PM, SamSalaBim said:

DUDE, your 5th round lag means u using to slow mother board and its just cant process all information in time (cant say to old, because 5k was released this year to with lower power consumption and cost), as u say its 5th so u using 5k motherboard speed as known as 2x16, u know right world released 3x16 as 8k, and 4x16 as 16k? So do you really asking game management keep this game in lowest level just because some people don't want to progress?

u have no idea how computers work.

• NCSOFT

We always welcome dicussions, only please remember to be kind to each other.

I also want to check in with you on this topic and thank you for your reports so far.
From the information listed here some of you only experience the lag after certain stages and with certain characters, but they seem to occur at different stages for most of you.

• Are you still experiencing the lag?
  • And have you experienced this lag in Mushin's Tower before the event started (so before July 14) or only after the event?

@Rynara I can only speak for myself but yes the lag still occurs in the event dungeon "Kaebi Village" and it won't disappear unless you (the publisher) fixes this problem yourself!

In my personal opinion the two main reasons behind the lag in this dungeon are caused by it's design itself and the difference between single hit (Gunslinger for example) and aoe classes (Destroyer for example).

The dungeon starts with a wave of "X" monsters which will home onto you unless they are ranged monsters which are few followed by 1 bossmonster after all monsters are killed OR enough time has passed. After a few rounds (monster phase + bossmonster) the amount of monsters per wave and the amount of waves of monsters increases along with their health.

Since a new wave of monsters will spawn after "X" amount of time whether you killed all monsters from a previous wave the amount of monsters on screen increases as you progress through the different rounds. If you can't kill the monster fast enough this will cause the game to lag because it has to load more monster at the same time than it ihas to do in normal dungeons. At the same time it causes lag if you hit like 30+ monster with a single attack like "Iron Wiill Destroyer" with his RMB Skill instead of one monster at a time like a "Destruction Gunslinger" would with his RMB Skill.

The above should show you why the round in which the lag occurs differs for every Person or class.

I myself play as a destroyer and the lag begins for me around round 9 and round 10 is almost unplayable.

@Rynara The lag indeed only happens inside Kaebu Village and as person above me stated, it mostly happens with multihit characters such as Astromancer.

In my opinion the game is unable to keep up with the amount of combat data it needs to handle every second, causing significant loss of performance and sometimes extremely long freeze durations everytime a skill is cast, if you attack more than 5 enemies at once. The way game handles combat every time you attack seems to become more and more inefficient as the amount of attacks per second increases. This is just my observation based on the fact that these freezes and lag spikes only happen when in combat with high number of monsters or players and never in any other situation.

Now add in other players and their combat data into the mix and yea, you get a very bad result.

Edited by Amarathiel

@Rynara still laggy, all my chars are ranged so multi hit ofc always happens

I feel like the worst place to put this event dungeon is in Mushin, always crowded even without event dungeon it makes the area very bad to visit, most of my dc happen in Mushin

how anyone can go as high as some do in Kaebi is a mystery. but I guess us lil ones never will be able to climb rank while event spots so badly chosen

I've disconnected a couple of times before being able to collect the loot, but hey, its just the occational fusion stone and etching stone, not to count the number enchanted tickets I've lost due to that