System Error After Update.

Scarlet Shadow

@Himeso Emergency Maint it is i guess. please sooner than later, for the sake of all the EU players and NA players.

Just call it and ignore those that are yapping for compensation as this is both NCWest's and our fault to some extend, as we didnt delete the item and NCWests fault for not testing if this causes a problem.

I mean the emergency maint shouldnt take more than 30 mins anyways, as you basically just remove the item / insert a fix that ignores the faulty item in the Character Database.

Also yes i do know how MMORPGS Backends work.

4 minutes ago, ThunderDex said:

@Himeso Emergency Maint it is i guess. please sooner than later, for the sake of all the EU players and NA players.

Just call it and ignore those that are yapping for compensation as this is both NCWest's and our fault to some extend, as we didnt delete the item and NCWests fault for not testing if this causes a problem.

I mean the emergency maint shouldnt take more than 30 mins anyways, as you basically just remove the item / insert a fix that ignores the faulty item in the Character Database.

We are not suppose to "delete" items, so this is definitely not our fault not even a single one.
For a second thing, compensation should be on a place, EU players could not play for a whole day (from 1 PM to 11 PM ATM and still can't log in) we should be compensated with event and daily stuff at least.

Edited by Shîro

1 minute ago, ThunderDex said:

The "Relic" system is supposed to address these sort of issues so no I don't see how it is the players fault at all. You should be able to login at any point after an item is deprecated and not have it affect your play.

I do agree that it should be an easy fix if it is the only issue.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ThunderDex said:

Relax.. its a game.. not my life on a silver thread. Ill try tomorrow. Thanks for the effort 

Server: EU
Character: Cupidfoxy

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

18 minutes ago, ThunderDex said:

Those that are "yapping" are already at disadvantage for this event, as they can't even login at all.

This means we lose daily stuff, dungeon runs (it's a pain (usually impossible) to do daily dungeons on EU after 9pm UTC (which is the time at which I'm writting this)) and doing the event for today is going to be nearly impossible (because of reset times).

It's not "yapping" - it's EU players getting reamed while NA players see no consequences at all!

We start the day by losing everything on the very first day!!!

Before you say something, think about others.

18 minutes ago, ThunderDex said:

and our fault to some extend, as we didnt delete the item

YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO DELETE ITEMS!!!!!

This is an MMORPG!
Not an "item deleter simulator".

This is the first event in which having the past event stuff causes us problems.

First time since 2016.

It is beyond unreasonable to assume any fault on players, at all.

Edited by Cupidstar
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Cupidstar said:

Those that are "yapping" are already at disadvantage for this event, as they can't even login at all.

This means we lose daily stuff, dungeon runs (it's a pain (usually impossible) to do daily dungeons on EU after 9pm UTC (which is the time at which I'm writting this)) and doing the event for today is going to be nearly impossible (because of reset times).

It's not "yapping" - it's EU players getting reamed while NA players see no consequences at all!

We start the day by losing everything on the very first day!!!

Before you say something, think about others.

YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO DELETE ITEMS!!!!!

This is an MMORPG!
Not an "item deleter simulator".

This is the first event in which having the past event stuff causes us problems.

First time since 2016.

It is beyond unreasonable to assume any fault on players, at all.

Well let me tell you then, i work in IT and its 90% to fault of the user. Most of those Error 40s or Layer 8 issues also dont see the problem with themselves, that being said, i do NOT defend NCWest's fk up.

There are supposed to be safety measures in place, still one couldve thought 2 meters and just deleted said item, i myself missed to delete it and cant log into my main, so thats that.

and NCWest shouldnt delay the emergency maint any longe and just pull the plug, if people are ready or not doesnt matter give them 15 mins to log off, pull the plug delete the item or set a fix for the faulty Database call and start the Servers again.

Well let me tell you then, i work in IT and its 90% to fault of the user

this is 100% NC and 0% user, it's specified in the event description and tooltiip that item will be antiqued today, user weren't asked to get rid of it, and we even have a tool in game called antiquewindow to deal with those old items.
they just ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ up hardcore with the database 

• Like 2

Just now, Spacenick said:

this is 100% NC and 0% user, it's specified in the event description and tooltiip that item will be antiqued today, user weren't asked to get rid of it, and we even have a tool in game called antiquewindow to deal with those old items.
they just ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ up hardcore with the database 

well why didnt you antique it then? if it ran out yesterday?

Just now, ThunderDex said:

Well let me tell you then, i work in IT and its 90% to fault of the user. Most of those Error 40s or Layer 8 issues also dont see the problem with themselves, that being said, i do NOT defend NCWest's fk up.

This makes no sense.

There are supposed to be safety measures in place, still one couldve thought 2 meters and just deleted said item, i myself missed to delete it and cant log into my main, so thats that.

This makes no sense.

This was NEVER the case since January 2016 - That's over 5 years...

and NCWest shouldnt delay the emergency maint any longe and just pull the plug, if people are ready or not doesnt matter give them 15 mins to log off, pull the plug delete the item or set a fix for the faulty Database call and start the Servers again.

I agree, but NCWest won't do that for a few more hours, and then the maintenance may start late as well.

And may take a few more hours.

When you look into it, at least 2-4 hours have passed.

If the emergency maintenance takes 30 minutes, and they do it in 15 minutes, that'll be 10pm UTC.
This means that in all countries (except Portugal - Azores) it will be 12pm! Some countries (Portugal, Portugal - Madeira and UK) will be 11pm.

There won't be almost anyone online to do things.

This is an extremely optimistic timeframe.

NA players will see no consequences at all, as most of the continent wouldn't be past 8pm.

In short: EU players get reamed, NA gets no consequences.
This is why EU players MUST be compensated with what we lost, if we could login and do the event and dungeons.

6 minutes ago, ThunderDex said:

well why didnt you antique it then? if it ran out yesterday?

If you logged out before 10pm UTC, you wouldn't get a chance (that's the time at which the message showed up).
You would have to do all dailies then sell the item in a merchant.

Others (like me) kept it to see how we could evolve it later, to do not waste all the effort for the unfinished soul.
Makes no sense to play until the soul is on stage 2 or 3 or 4, and just throw it out because NCWest could break the game in a way never seen before.

Edited by Cupidstar
  • Like 1

I am Having the same problem on my main WL char on NA server. I can log in with my alts, but cant log in with WL gives same error. (SystemErr - (300 : Server Authentication Failure).

NA Server

Name of char: Patixya

Edited by Paty

Murphys law, you ever heard of that? apparently not.

in short: if anything can go wrong, it WILL go wrong.

i mean the no compensation did apply if it woulda been till in 3 mins, dont tell me you actually need 1 hours for your 5/7 dailies, if thats the case you are doing something wrong. i take a max of 30 mins SOLO for 5/7.

Murphys law, you ever heard of that? apparently not.

in short: if anything can go wrong, it WILL go wrong.

i mean the no compensation did apply if it woulda been till in 3 mins, dont tell me you actually need 1 hours for your 5/7 dailies, if thats the case you are doing something wrong. i take a max of 30 mins SOLO for 5/7.

Not everybody is a whale that has stage 10 +20 weapons.

Plenty of people can't solo dungeons, and recruiting takes time.

Depending on how this event actually works, 1 hour for dailies doesn't seem too bad.

Last event REQUIRED that you did ALL DUNGEONS everyday!

That takes time...

Again, you're only thinking about yourself: think about others.

• Like 3