Here we go again :joy:

lillvargen

"Event token in Primeweald available, expect not to find spots cause it got peeled back to 1 channel again"

Seriously? "we will expand channels when too many chars in the existing one"

hmmmm will be intresting to see how that will work

@Hime

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lillvargen said:

"Event token in Primeweald available, expect not to find spots cause it got peeled back to 1 channel again"

Seriously? "we will expand channels when too many chars in the existing one"

hmmmm will be intresting to see how that will work

@Hime

We tested it in EU during level 45 content at Misty Woods for Blackwrym. Channel limit is around 50 persons in the area, so yep is gonna be crowded until next channel opens up. Only way to trick the system is to make a call in faction chat and ask everyone to come primewald to spawn a 2nd channel, however when they all leave, ch1 will have low amount of ppl and ch2 will be grayed out, which means ppl in ch2 will be able to farm in peace but none else will be able to join.

Take this information with caution, during Nyraka event there was like 200 persons in 1 channel, and same for Hunters Refugee, which means depending on the area channel limit can be altered, we don't know how many ppl can fit in 1 channel in a non openworld area, so they can set it like a normal channel to 50 people or to 200 and screw all of us, because why not. Part of their marketing strategy is to frustrate your experience so you cash out instead of suffering in company of another 200 people in the area.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lillvargen said:

the thing is, they open it manually, its restricted to 1 channel until they decide to give more people spots to farm their event stuff on

let me guess, whenever a GM shows up in the zone and the area seems overcrowded, another channel will be started 😄  

Most likely, the problem is that the channel "cap" is way to hell to high to be remotely reasonable. Technically "working as intended." Lowering the channel cap would probably be the best solution. The last temporary AFK zone had the same issue until the cap was lowered if I recall correctly.

• Like 1

@CgaibWe also learned back then there is both soft-cap and hard-cap to channel size. The soft cap is when it stops letting players join "normally" but you can still "taxi" people in using parties until you hit the hard-cap. Same happened in hunters refuge, within seconds the soft-cap was reached and people were using party invites from inside to taxi people in making it impossible to enter without an invite since the channel was being pushed to the hard-cap.

Also didn't most people farm there tokens in advance since you got extra tokens for the daily quests during the previous event + they told us in advance you will be able to use the tokens to buy the event currency during this one? Ik I did and alot of others did but I guess some never noticed the extra tokens or the read the notes on the next event.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the Problem is that there is a bug in the system. For the last 2-3 months every time there was an update this would happen. We would go from 2 channels back to just 1, players would complain and on the next maintenance it would be fixed.

But my guess is NCsoft has become LAZY and just can't be bothered to fully fix the problem.

• 2 weeks later...