Jump to content
Forums

Recommended Posts

Ngl this is getting a bit ridiculous. We're getting hongmoon hepta gems, rejoice people! You cant get them at all unless you trove, and only trove, because everything else doesnt give a high enough gem to even think about getting your gems to gilded hexagonal, let alone gilded heptagonal!

I mean this is insane. Forget f2p, even p2p players are going to have a tough time getting this ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤. You'll *really* have to pay if that's the case. Reason being, simply math.
Currently from trove, you can get Gilded Hexagonals at best. This isn't exactly the worst, one tier under. However this means you will need 3 rare 3 star crits in order to get one gem to heptagonal, and they must all share the same gems too.
For voucher, we only have Gilded Square and Tri. On average you can buy 2 to 4 per month from daily specials. You need 27 in order to get a Gilded Heptagonal.
Now let's talk about how bad free to play is.
You're better off getting squares from ebon realm, I believe at this point this is a universal truth for almost any free to play player.
At best you can get a *chance* that's not even 50% for a singular Hongmoon Heptagonal Gem Box twice a day per character
Or you can buy a Hongmoon Hexagonal gem chest for Solar Energy, I believe it's 8?
So to do the math
With the current Hongmoon Gilded Hexagonal Gems, you require...243 Hongmoon Heptagonal Gem Chests for one, or 729 Hexagonal Gem Chests
For the Gilded Hongmoon Heptagonal, you are required triple of each.
That puts you at 729 Heptagonal Gem Chest, or 2187 Hexagonal Gem Chests.
All to get one flimsy gem.
Mind you, both of these gem chests are locked out via *dailies*.
If you mindlessly do every character you can get 13 gem chests every two days, making it so you only have to wait....around 350 days for one Gem.
Assuming you get lucky and get 25% drop rate from CS/HM for the heptagonals, you only have to wait...roughly 114 days for on Gem.
What's more, it's adding to the transmutation tab, making it so lengthy that it damn near lags the game tremendously upon opening.
Surely to god it is time for an update. When even the pay to win aspect is behind on ways to obtain gems, and free to play are out of the question, why even have them in game?
This isn't even to say the whole pet gem shenanigans with, yknow, not being able to get transmutable pet gems in any way, shape, or form. But we can get two tiers under max if we're lucky, regardless of whether or not it's transmutable, so at least we have that.

Surely to god it's time for an update.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You do forget that Gems are the most least impactful and least worth upgrades in the game. Other gear is far more worth it than gems. Heptagonal gems wont give you that much of a boost in terms of damage anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

You do forget that Gems are the most least impactful and least worth upgrades in the game. Other gear is far more worth it than gems. Heptagonal gems wont give you that much of a boost in terms of damage anyway.

That's not an argument to justify this case scenario. That's simply stating "eh, I've found a reason to convince myself not to care, so I won't care"
You let one item get left behind, more will follow. And you'll just say "eh, there's other dps increases, I don't care." And considering how AP hungry NA is, gems have their own importance.

It is also worth noting there are three items and procs heavily influenced by AP, which is majorly made up of gems. Albeit they're not as big as the mystic procs, they're still a sizable increase.

Edited by Laura099
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Laura099 said:

That's not an argument to justify this case scenario. That's simply stating "eh, I've found a reason to convince myself not to care, so I won't care"
You let one item get left behind, more will follow. And you'll just say "eh, there's other dps increases, I don't care." And considering how AP hungry NA is, gems have their own importance.

It is also worth noting there are three items and procs heavily influenced by AP, which is majorly made up of gems. Albeit they're not as big as the mystic procs, they're still a sizable increase.

 

Overall having hepta dyads and hepta gems will give you give or take +80 - +147 AP. That is actually not a significat increase compared all other modifiers and stats. Yes, obtaining gems is an issue, however gems is the very last thing to look at in terms of upgrades.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Overall having hepta dyads and hepta gems will give you give or take +80 - +147 AP. That is actually not a significat increase compared all other modifiers and stats. Yes, obtaining gems is an issue, however gems is the very last thing to look at in terms of upgrades.

Its not about how important the upgrade is but how obtainable it is. This game is not supposed to be pay to win but it is.

 

The only ways to obtain gems are:

Solar Energy every 2nd day 1 Hexa

CS and HM every once in a while 1 Hepta drop rate is not 25% for sure.

F10 Shop with deals which only give gilded square.

 

Its simply not reasonable to need multiple years to reach max of something that is by then most likely 1 or 2 tier below but Gems are not the only thing that have this problem.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, ImoutoMaster said:

Its simply not reasonable to need multiple years to reach max of something that is by then most likely 1 or 2 tier below but Gems are not the only thing that have this problem.

 

How long would guess it would take a new joining player to get full BM / TC gear? Mabye they should just give away full IA or smth at end of storyline to speed it up so they can max out before next raid release? While they at it mabye they should give you true brightwill or true thunderflux soul so again you have a chance to max before the next tier comes out?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bobthemonk said:

How long would guess it would take a new joining player to get full BM / TC gear?

Not full BM gear but Full IA gear with all TC Stuff he took like 6 months. Way more reasonable than several years for 20 ap more in ur gems.

 

The point is no matter how dedicated you farm without $$$ its not possible to reach the current max on gems. And here we are not even talking about the fused gems.

 

Full IA Gear on the otherhand is totally achivable of course you are not allowed to have much of a life but you can achive this in several months.

 

You sound like you prefer gear being locked behind a pay wall ? Soul shield psyches, Gems, Pet gems, Unity stones and probably more i cant think of right now. Most of the stuff might be insignificant but its not about that its about money should not give you an advantage it should speed up things which is no longer the case if you cant reach the max no matter how dedicated you are.

 

The only thing still working against the pay to win aspect are the hm coins which i also would like to have removed cause they destroyed the Arena pvp.

Edited by ImoutoMaster
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/8/2021 at 11:03 PM, Laura099 said:

Ngl this is getting a bit ridiculous. We're getting hongmoon hepta gems, rejoice people! You cant get them at all unless you trove, and only trove, because everything else doesnt give a high enough gem to even think about getting your gems to gilded hexagonal, let alone gilded heptagonal!

I mean this is insane. Forget f2p, even p2p players are going to have a tough time getting this ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤. You'll *really* have to pay if that's the case. Reason being, simply math.
Currently from trove, you can get Gilded Hexagonals at best. This isn't exactly the worst, one tier under. However this means you will need 3 rare 3 star crits in order to get one gem to heptagonal, and they must all share the same gems too.
For voucher, we only have Gilded Square and Tri. On average you can buy 2 to 4 per month from daily specials. You need 27 in order to get a Gilded Heptagonal.
Now let's talk about how bad free to play is.
You're better off getting squares from ebon realm, I believe at this point this is a universal truth for almost any free to play player.
At best you can get a *chance* that's not even 50% for a singular Hongmoon Heptagonal Gem Box twice a day per character
Or you can buy a Hongmoon Hexagonal gem chest for Solar Energy, I believe it's 8?
So to do the math
With the current Hongmoon Gilded Hexagonal Gems, you require...243 Hongmoon Heptagonal Gem Chests for one, or 729 Hexagonal Gem Chests
For the Gilded Hongmoon Heptagonal, you are required triple of each.
That puts you at 729 Heptagonal Gem Chest, or 2187 Hexagonal Gem Chests.
All to get one flimsy gem.
Mind you, both of these gem chests are locked out via *dailies*.
If you mindlessly do every character you can get 13 gem chests every two days, making it so you only have to wait....around 350 days for one Gem.
Assuming you get lucky and get 25% drop rate from CS/HM for the heptagonals, you only have to wait...roughly 114 days for on Gem.
What's more, it's adding to the transmutation tab, making it so lengthy that it damn near lags the game tremendously upon opening.
Surely to god it is time for an update. When even the pay to win aspect is behind on ways to obtain gems, and free to play are out of the question, why even have them in game?
This isn't even to say the whole pet gem shenanigans with, yknow, not being able to get transmutable pet gems in any way, shape, or form. But we can get two tiers under max if we're lucky, regardless of whether or not it's transmutable, so at least we have that.

Surely to god it's time for an update.

 

I am with you on all this. I did my gilded penta gems last year with Solar Energy, doing everyday on 9 characters CS/HM + spiders to get Solar from DC 3/3 and some hepta chests. Took me a ton of gold because was a lot of  gempowder an don top of it I don't remember the amounts of Solar Energy but I had back then triangles and I updated to  Squares  then to Pentas. So according to windows calculator every pentagonal gem is 1944 Solar energy, without counting the boxes you get from CS/HM. You get 45 per day within all 9 chars so basically 43,2 days to obtain a pentagon. now multiply it by 5 gems (diamond, aquamarine, citrine, ruby and amethyst) as I have 8 slots and  3 are for obsidian, garnet and fused obsi-garnet. Lets not talk how f2p can even achieve to fuse the gems.

On 7/8/2021 at 11:15 PM, Grimoir said:

You do forget that Gems are the most least impactful and least worth upgrades in the game. Other gear is far more worth it than gems. Heptagonal gems wont give you that much of a boost in terms of damage anyway.

Its not about how they impact, if they are usefull or not, its about the player frustration to be unable to ever get it without spending, or even  spending. How many people did you told in this forum already "your fault" when they complained about 3000 keys and got nothing? Stop it Grimoir, time to switch sides,  the day you get bored of this, you'll understand the damage you did to yourself to support this company with sword and shield on every post you replied.

 

On 7/8/2021 at 11:23 PM, Laura099 said:

That's not an argument to justify this case scenario. That's simply stating "eh, I've found a reason to convince myself not to care, so I won't care"
You let one item get left behind, more will follow. And you'll just say "eh, there's other dps increases, I don't care." And considering how AP hungry NA is, gems have their own importance.

It is also worth noting there are three items and procs heavily influenced by AP, which is majorly made up of gems. Albeit they're not as big as the mystic procs, they're still a sizable increase.

My class benefits a lot from mystic, and im not up for 300 keys every time they feel like, meanwhile in Korea it can be transmuted, neither I am up to pay 16k golds each of those psyches simply because I bought 3 last year and got the minimal out of them, so with my luck I need 20 of those, good luck have fun.

 

On 7/10/2021 at 8:15 AM, ImoutoMaster said:

The only thing still working against the pay to win aspect are the hm coins which i also would like to have removed cause they destroyed the Arena pvp.

No, the HMCoin is controlled by wintraders, cheaters and Gold Sellers, therefore there isn't anything anymore to combat the pay to win. Maybe the few you can get through Mao/TOI etc but those are also full of people competing with a legion of alts and multiaccounts, denying the humble playerbase to get anything, so its like if they would be botted aswell.

 

On 7/10/2021 at 1:30 AM, Bobthemonk said:

 

How long would guess it would take a new joining player to get full BM / TC gear? Mabye they should just give away full IA or smth at end of storyline to speed it up so they can max out before next raid release? While they at it mabye they should give you true brightwill or true thunderflux soul so again you have a chance to max before the next tier comes out?

In other MMORPG videogames you don't progress one tier to another, you just join the game, get a group (or buy the run) and instantly get max tier weapon, accessories, etc and catch up to the geared players. Perhaps not max tier but the one that is 5% less damage than the hardcore tier that requires full dedication etc, but you get me. Its like you get IA9 and I have Fury6. You'll catch up soon anyway.

On 7/8/2021 at 11:03 PM, Laura099 said:

 and free to play are out of the question, why even have them in game?

Someone has to spoonfed the whales that can't do mechanics and the only thing they know is cheating and spitting gold in your face when the legendary item drops, no?

F2p is Furniture in this game, lets look at TC design

1st boss requires 4 humans to block the boss

2nd boss requires at least 2 humans with a brain to handle portals, but since you already got 4 to clear boss1, lets stay with 4 people in the party, minimum

When the good stuff drops, be it scale fragments, psyches or golden chest, the whale is going to spit his gold in your face

When the whale is pleased enough, will leave the group, and you f2p will be stuck without a carry and with no relevant items to progress

In your frustration, you will sell the gold in F9, and another whale will buy it .

In this process, NCsoft made money, you made anger/frustration and the whale is pleased.

Who cares about the f2p? NCSoft at least seems doesn't.

 

I only know if NCS keeps this model, soon the server will be either only whales or f2ps, and the game will die because either none will spend or none will be willing to spoonfed others with their efford.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Cgaib said:

No, the HMCoin is controlled by wintraders, cheaters and Gold Sellers, therefore there isn't anything anymore to combat the pay to win. Maybe the few you can get through Mao/TOI etc

Last season ive still gotten 24k hm coins even tho i didnt really play much. Thats peanuts compared to the wintraders but thats still 300€ worth of F10 stuff.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Talk about goong off topic. HmCoins or no, the fact is its ridiculous to have to pay AND wait an abysmal amount of tine to uograde one item. It caters neither to f2p nor p2p, and forces everything into gambling and praying. 

There should be some sort of fall back, even if its not much, or, again, just remove the damn things cause a whopping 10 people will get them, but in exchange it is lagging the ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ out of the transmutation window.

All to spit in your face and say heres something you'll never get.

Link to post
Share on other sites

well, it is just another carrot on a stick .

Since they removed the cost reduction from the introduction of a new tier, this became just meaningless. Guess I will keep my Dyad Squares a while longer while I just look to upgrade (the simple)  Diamond and Aqua.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dunno if this is offtopic: Would also like to ask why they keep removing the previous stages of dyad garnet/obsidian gems from the transmute. Its like forcing u to swipe if you don't get the gems in time...
If u dont get the previous ones, u are forced to trove for it...
like ...why?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Red0p said:

Its like forcing u to swipe if you don't get the gems in time...
If u dont get the previous ones, u are forced to trove for it...

 

It seems you have already given yourself the answer.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...