What is the game's developer doing taking so long to fix the bug in Thornwind Cave?

blooash23

I don't understand,

This bug in this dungeon has been exploited by tons of people farming the dungeon, Yes if you have eyes to open it is so crystal clear.

People with brain can easily know how to solve this bug (If you are reading this I assume you have brain and it's so easy to fix this bug)

And yet the Support team keep replying with Template: "please note that this is a known issue already and the Dev Team is looking into this for a possible resolution for this."

This issue has been there since the dungeon came out and yet the developer is still 'trying to find possible resolution' to this bug?

Like Hello????
Like what on earth??

It takes 2 months to 'find a resolution' to such an easy issue? Just widen the fire, so easy , take 2 months to crack your head to find resolution?

I doubt so.

The answer is they are not even doing it. Period.

Because if they are really trying to fix this, it is such an easy job to fix.

Unless the whole team of this game is such incompetent (Which I doubt so)

Is there still GM in this game?

Is there still communication with developer on this game?

Does the company even care about the bugs of their game?

All the answers are NO i guess, 

because again, otherwise it will not take months to 'find resolution' to such an easy issue.

REMINDER that it is just "TO FIND RESOLUTION" that is taking months.

Resolution to an issue that's it. 

Do they even work?

Or just scavenging the $$ that come into their pocket?

And when there is no fix, as if the game is saying 'go ahead and keep enjoying the bug, I will just close one eye'.

It comes back to how many players will feel 'left behind' for not exploiting the bug, and it has become the norm now.

That's how many people farmed the items, got easy items, and now it has become part of the game. Because it has taken months just to 'find resolution', which doesn't even take me 1 minute to find.

What a joke.

Edited by blooash23

why do you care so much?

if ppl need to skip boss 1 let them do it and if you wanna fight go ahead.

its not a gamebreaking bug and iam sure they have other things to do wich have a higher priority

Edited by Vesra
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Vesra said:

why do you care so much?

its not a gamebreaking bug and iam sure they have other things to do wich have a higher priority

Because people are getting rewarded for cheating in this game and ncsoft doesn't do anything about it..

Everyone should care about that.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2021 at 10:50 PM, Vesra said:

why do you care so much?

I guess this person is one of the cheaters.
otherwise honest player will not say this. LoL

Well, then call it bug abuse. It's still something unintended by the game. And old players maybe remember that people got banned for bug abusing during level 45 times in Ogong's dungeon.

It should be banable like all the other cheats. From macro, xml, autocast, gcd and so one. Sadly, I doubt anything will change here.

16 hours ago, Sayahell said:

is not exploid kill boss 1 killing with skill !

exploid is this jump paket by boss 2 btw too dodge enrage timeror   or  by CM !

It is cheating because you are supposed to need at least 3 people (with brain) to clear this boss 1, but people did it with cheat bug that makes them able to solo this dungeon.

On 6/26/2021 at 10:50 PM, Vesra said:

why do you care so much?

this reply clearly showed that this player got mad for other honest players pointing out/reporting cheats/bugs, and hence he is definitely one of the people doing it.

Typical cheaters who got mad when honest people point out they were cheating.

9 minutes ago, blooash23 said:

this reply clearly showed that this player got mad for other honest players pointing out/reporting cheats/bugs, and hence he is definitely one of the people doing it.

ofc, this is known issue! having open wounds is one thing, someone sticking their fingers into it is another. 

Like our Jinny liked to say, nothing ever goin to change in this rotten world.

3 hours ago, blooash23 said:

Oh didnt know that i can skip Boss 1 as a Sum good to know.

Just dont go in TC if you dont wanna have it skipped simple.

and btw dont call someone a cheater if you dont know him. 

On 6/30/2021 at 7:52 AM, ImoutoMaster said:

Well thats where you are wrong. Every class that has some ability to put some stacks under boss or some attack that dmg the boss for a longer time can do the skip.

If your talking about jet-pack to skip then any class + spec in game can do it, you don't need an aoe for it.

@blooash23As far as i'm aware they have "fixed" or atleast tried to fix / patch b1 in KR, eu just isn't caught up to that patch yet.

that problem is not B 1 in TC

ptoblem is  gcd / xml Jet pack jump if the  dont nothing against this hacks !

y can post what y want , they do nothinng  XMl  data must delete from Game / launcher !

they can t fixes this with patches 

This is never end  story -btw  PPl see Mech from KR Stream and so same In NA / EU 

IN KR there is no XML  !!

2 hours ago, Sayahell said:

that problem is not B 1 in TC

ptoblem is  gcd / xml Jet pack jump if the  dont nothing against this hacks !

y can post what y want , they do nothinng  XMl  data must delete from Game / launcher !

they can t fixes this with patches 

This is never end  story -btw  PPl see Mech from KR Stream and so same In NA / EU 

IN KR there is no XML  !!

You do realise that the people making alot of the XML's use the KR server to test them and find out what does / doesn't work and when they get patched so that they know in advance what they can abuse on eu / when it will be fixed before the patches hit eu right? The difference is the KR playerbase overall is more honest / less likely to cheat so they appear to have less issue's with it.

On 6/29/2021 at 1:23 PM, Vesra said:

Oh didnt know that i can skip Boss 1 as a Sum good to know.

Just dont go in TC if you dont wanna have it skipped simple.

and btw dont call someone a cheater if you dont know him. 

Oh sure then dont come to troll into a legit complaint of cheaters in the official forum if you are not a cheater then?

Because only cheaters that have their interest disturbed who will come and ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ at the  honest player who is reporting a valid bug that provides unfairness to the game?

Hope that makes sense.

@blooash23Nothing about the boss is actually bugged, they simply over-extended his reset-range so it's more of an un-intended mechanic. On the other hand the most common bug abused in this is game using revivals charms on party-wipe to avoid reseting the boss and to continue the fight (an exploit they specifically had to add a mechanic to new dungeon to try and prevent however you can still manipulate it to do charm runs, it's just not as easy as Halycon Hill for example). But i'm sure you've never got a dungeon clear as you or a party member has self-ressed straight after a wipe then used a party res to skip mechanics and avoid having to restart the fight. ^^

15 hours ago, Bobthemonk said:

@blooash23Nothing about the boss is actually bugged, they simply over-extended his reset-range so it's more of an un-intended mechanic. 

well you described a bug, but OK, call it un-intended mechanic, the same way you had that "The Great Loot of Bamboo Village" event....

A bug is when something isn't functioning the way it is supposed to / the way it is intended. The difference being that the boss has the correct reset-range so it is working 100% as intended, they simply didn't realise that the ledge was within that range.

If they made a new boss and set it's hp to a point they thought was fair / killable and it turned out players didn't have enough dps to kill the boss does that mean the boss is bugged since they intended for us to kill it but we can't? No because it is the hp they intended they just didn't realise it was to high. (the same as the reset-range is the range they wanted + intended they just didn't realise that it also covers the ledge).

Also if you mean the one with the npc having the wrong price, they never intended for that to be the price so it was a bug. I don't think anyone seriously denied that it was a bug, they just joked about it being an event.

4 minutes ago, Bobthemonk said:

Also if you mean the one with the npc having the wrong price, they never intended for that to be the price so it was a bug. I don't think anyone seriously denied that it was a bug, they just joked about it being an event.

I think neither that NPC price nor the possibility to reset and bypass a boss in that dungeon were intended.

2 minutes ago, Belido said:

I think neither that NPC price nor the possibility to reset and bypass a boss in that dungeon were intended.

So your saying that in my example, even though the boss would have the exact hp that they intended, the boss would still be classed as "bugged" since they intended for it to be killable but players wouldn't have enough dps to kill it?

14 minutes ago, Bobthemonk said:

So your saying that in my example, even though the boss would have the exact hp that they intended, the boss would still be classed as "bugged" since they intended for it to be killable but players wouldn't have enough dps to kill it?

pretty much the same, as if were unable to max your pet back in time at that other issue, imho

9 hours ago, Bobthemonk said:

Done wasting my time on a troll.

Easy solution. Just call people not sharing your opinions trolls. Problem solved.

You could have just disagreed, but I guess some itching deep inside tells you that I am not fully wrong.