Jump to content
Forums

UE4 Test Server on KR - Koldrak Run 20 man


Recommended Posts

well, in Koldrak he went on max settings all. but still NC rather bothered bringing more texture for outlaw island than actually optimizing the game.

 

on DH needler infu even went 22FPS or less with even screen freezes (which can be a result of the stream itself), but the abysmal low number in F8...yikes, this UE4 release was rushed and even so with the delay they took

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dokkoudou said:

well, in Koldrak he went on max settings all. but still NC rather bothered bringing more texture for outlaw island than actually optimizing the game.

 

on DH needler infu even went 22FPS or less with even screen freezes (which can be a result of the stream itself), but the abysmal low number in F8...yikes, this UE4 release was rushed and even so with the delay they took

This is what scares me. These are test characters, these arent even max geared toons doing 20mil+ dps/s. If your stuttering with this little damage, how bad will it be at full release? Now of course this is Koldrak, but holy ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ man, whats the point of upgrading the game if your not going to fix every damn issue? Its not like the graphics upgrade makes the game look that much better. Then of course there's 20 people here. But in other games, bdo for example, worldbosses generally have almost the entire damn channel on them, as well as field bosses. Theres like 50+ people fighting the boss at one time, and even then I barely miss a beat, 45-60 fps with other players effects turned off, and my graphics at max settings. Then also he could have turned characters off, which im sure would make a big difference. Overall, I think this is....Ok??? Performance?? I'm just worried since I know how powerful this dudes rig is...

Link to post
Share on other sites

nvm. maybe it is just me, but I going to look how things will run on my client on my PC and then I will decide where to go. I seen too much click bait and even more restarted information around this game to run when someone else whistles. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, LynMasterRace said:

Koldrak is a odd situation that seems stupidly laggy for no obvious reason. People with weaker GPUs are likely not going to see much improvement with the update it looks like...

right atm Koldrak sometimes have truly odd moments where the FPS is still 30-40 but it feels like stuttering around at 5 FPS.

At engage FPS often has a quick drop down to 10 while delay rises up to laggy 200+ms. 

so wouldn't be a surprise if the did not fix the mess completely 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Belido said:

right atm Koldrak sometimes have truly odd moments where the FPS is still 30-40 but it feels like stuttering around at 5 FPS.

At engage FPS often has a quick drop down to 10 while delay rises up to laggy 200+ms. 

so wouldn't be a surprise if the did not fix the mess completely 

The weird part is in our current client, it's ONLY Koldrak that does that weird behavior of absurd FPS drops and ping increases. Anywhere else in the game has usual drops and poor performance, but Koldrak stands out and it looks like it continues to stand out in UE4.

Link to post
Share on other sites

not forgetting, but performance is the key issue with this games code (hacks aside, NC doesnt know how to prevent them)

 

yet even test server shows only texture changes, while performance still is as horrible as today. and when 5800x2070S gets same output on UE4 as my 1700xRX460 does...goodnight. because NC need to man up and admit they cant fix their game and let modders do that for them OR they need to fix it themselves.

 

Unrelated to test servers 32is even not supported by NC any more. Its not meant to be used anymore, yet its avaible and working better than their attempt on making a better client. so, yeah. ultimately it just a test server and luckily ppl can stresstest UE4, but 2 main concerns:

 

1. If still nothing was adjusted for a better performance (aside phony fps counter which shows false values) they wont be able to fix in time

2. Testing on KR mega internet doesnt mean ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ when porting this to west. even if its decent by the end of test phase, itll be worse once we get it

 

On 6/3/2021 at 3:20 PM, Rmccn08 said:

This is what scares me. These are test characters, these arent even max geared toons doing 20mil+ dps/s. If your stuttering with this little damage, how bad will it be at full release?

Also newest tier everything gives also more shiny effects and stuff. I hope I am wrong, but UE4 looks grim.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well no one posts his PC parameters for some reason, but if we would accept its his 1660 geforce as todays games limit, and UE4 shud go much beyond it, then your so generous 20 FPS as you noticing its 2X to RT3080 (https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-RTX-3080-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1660/4080vs4038) its shud be more than 50, and pleas don't stop here FTX3080 its 2X even again (https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-RTX-3080-vs-Nvidia-Quadro-P5000/4080vsm197331) its shud be more than 100. PCs newer stopt progressing why u need it only on your 15 year old hardware...? Its your opinion? Thanks we heard you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, SamSalaBim said:

Well no one posts his PC parameters for some reason, but if we would accept its his 1660 geforce as todays games limit, and UE4 shud go much beyond it, then your so generous 20 FPS as you noticing its 2X to RT3080 (https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-RTX-3080-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1660/4080vs4038) its shud be more than 50, and pleas don't stop here FTX3080 its 2X even again (https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-RTX-3080-vs-Nvidia-Quadro-P5000/4080vsm197331) its shud be more than 100. PCs newer stopt progressing why u need it only on your 15 year old hardware...? Its your opinion? Thanks we heard you.

I can only roughly guess what you are trying to tell us, but anyway, mmorpg have a good chance to be bottlenecked  by CPU power. So your GPU guesses might be quite meaningless.  

Edited by Belido
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, SamSalaBim said:

And why everything supposed to be a same and all for you, where challenge and possibility to grow advance and improve. Stuck - play what released 10 years ago.

well, maybe I am just not using such outdated GPUs like you do, because I still play some FPS and such 😃 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, SamSalaBim said:

Well no one posts his PC parameters for some reason

People do and UE4 seems playablle with a GTX 1060.

19 hours ago, SamSalaBim said:

, but if we would accept its his 1660 geforce as todays games limit, and UE4 shud go much beyond it

Just to be safe. I understood you think the GTX 1660 will be the minimum requirement ? And you think the RTX 3080 will multiply the fps or should ? Thats not how it works to be honest.

19 hours ago, SamSalaBim said:

PCs newer stopt progressing why u need it only on your 15 year old hardware...?

I cant really understand this. PCs dont stop progressing thats true but they dont progress as fast as they did like 15 years ago. If you had a 9800 GT or whatever highend was back then. it lasted for how long ? 1 year till you couldnt max the games ? Now you buy a high end GPU and you can play on Ultra for several years.

 

MY GTX 1080 is still capable to run everything on Ultra settings this card is already 5 years old. This was unthinkable 15 years ago.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Prolly its suppose to mean:

PC (hardware) is ever so evolving and being faster/stronger/better. Why then Games (software) doesnt get better itself.

 

Answer (more freely for now, can go in detail if SamSalaBin need more details):

Games generally take time to be made. You cant craft a game to ultilize 3080Ti as a minimum back in 2010. Go figure why! Same is with games and estimates. It can only be coded up to a certain point. There can and sometimes are re-boots but this usually only happens under certain circumstances.

So yeah,  BnS 2 might utilize last Gen hardware, but depending on when coding started. Not when its released.

 

Penultimately this also applies with UE4 here. UE4 already is "old" so "older" hardware such as 1660 will do good-ish. The issue with BnS however is the sheer amount of data which need to be worked on your CPU (not GPU) so a higher clock speed will always outperform a BiS GPU. Only bottleneck standing is if your GPU negativly impacts your CPU. Then and only then a 3080 would be considered better that an 1660.

 

My card is even older and shouldnt be able to handle most games. Still medium settings will provide 20~30FPS for me, so. Only reason I crash is still my CPU which doesnt like my DIMMs.

 

Costwise you need to utilize any budget flawlessly, instead of just getting best hardware there is. There is a reason new gen hardware is "future proof" and not "enhancing past" (they still are capeable, but just to an extend).

 

And this is why people also show CPU not just GPU. DIMMs would also be interesting, latency needs to be considered aswell. Have you ever though about proper cooling? So many factors aside from hardware to "boost" your performance. So even if their system is on point, summer is calling and higher temperatures can also affect things significantly.

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...