Why BnS still have stamina ?

wootwoots

I really dont understand why that game still has that, or, unless i'am not at that point a purple quest give you infinite stamina.

somes maps like moonrefuge have infinite stamina and it work like a charm, and, so far i'am aware doesnt allow you crazy game breaking things, and it wouldnt be different everywhere else.

If ppl want skip [whatever], in the worse case, need to waste some time waiting stam regen. In the world, stam neither offer anything interesting beside just spending more time for no particular reason "walking" once we run out..

any changement planed for that part ? or at least provide a increase stam regen speed with each purple quest reward on top on the stam pool increase ?

at this point stam is totaly useless. Even if i always considered it as a useless -setting- as dungeons building and maps movement freedom in general + mobs setting never allowed to have game breaking glide usage. And sprinting never allowed to totaly ignore mob agro...

So... yeah... I personaly really see no reason to even keep stam in the game.

it is another necessary and interesting facet to the mechanics of the game.

take 6v6 for example; furthermore it adds another avenue for intriguing balance among classes.

*ahh its been a while and i dont remember if it is infinite stamina in battlegrounds...

keep stamina, but fix the dragon bone inscription gate, especially for such an early purple quest.

On 6/7/2021 at 2:56 AM, swordin said:

it is another necessary and interesting facet to the mechanics of the game.

take 6v6 for example; furthermore it adds another avenue for intriguing balance among classes.

*ahh its been a while and i dont remember if it is infinite stamina in battlegrounds...

keep stamina, but fix the dragon bone inscription gate, especially for such an early purple quest.

If you only consider stam interesting in 6v6, just keep stam for the 6v6 and set it infinite for the pve. its honestly just aid and absolutely useless in pve, whatever if its for questing, dungeon etc. there is just not a single added value to have a stamina system tbh.

Edited by wootwoots

Well, might be reworked with new premium. I mean subscribtion...Since rn, one of the very limited insentives is "less cd on windstride" so you dont need to run, allbeight "/" strolling would still be faster than most unloading screens

• 4 weeks later...

when i was running story 10+ times, i kept active like a speed runner, id use stamina for a little and then use ss and anything else the class had for combat speed, enough to not let stamina totally refill so i could use stamina while the skills came back from cool-down.

ive always looked for what better habits i could be practicing that could further my comprehension of the developer’s viewpoint of the game’s design and balance construction

trying to use what theyve provided to the fullest extent: this has always been entertaining to my thought processes; instead of wishing for change

and less related to this topic but: i do not give anyone in the universe consent to call me a masochist.

I resent the trend of misinformation, and it is way too easy for people to claim knowledge and then end up spreading their own false narratives. 

dunno why, but i felt like i had to put that rant here this time

i cant run story anymore until the next class, so i do miss that adventure as well as keeping current with their changes to it. i remember a few runs i totally forgot about them adding windstride short cuts throughout, and after that i practiced checking the map after every chapter incase i could skip any running bit, just because it could be faster, otherwise maybe id set auto walk and step away for a water refill or just stretch my arms and legs a bit and take a few deeply intentional breaths.

i could see them scrapping the stamina system, but also not: i could see them adding new animations to stamina use and status; we’ve heard talk of mounts, etc

heres one last thing for now,,,: as the game was being built out and they added stamina, what that did was open up maps to more exploration, there is the highest point in the silverfrost mountains that you need 40k stamina for; but, the scenic route to enjoying in-game time, is it a waste of time for you? there might even be higher places than that place, maybe theres a secret place that opens up later that you need infinite stamina to reach, maybe it was bound to happen and asking for it had no effect on the future, or maybe not; is there anything else that would keep you interested enough to forget about things you might have to wait for?

ill check back in a while, unfortunately i dont often see that people reply to my posts on forums. i like to see if my input makes things any better for others as i could hope to intend for; just trying to share my feelings incase theres good ideas to make of them.

20 hours ago, swordin said:

heres one last thing for now,,,: as the game was being built out and they added stamina, what that did was open up maps to more exploration, there is the highest point in the silverfrost mountains that you need 40k stamina for; but, the scenic route to enjoying in-game time, is it a waste of time for you? there might even be higher places than that place, maybe theres a secret place that opens up later that you need infinite stamina to reach, maybe it was bound to happen and asking for it had no effect on the future, or maybe not; is there anything else that would keep you interested enough to forget about things you might have to wait for?

nowadays people don't want to explore, they want to win the game, farm fast and effective by bypass as much as possible, even boss fights if possible, by using the perfect XML built.

@swordin6v6 does have unlimited stam and there is technically no area that requires you to have more stamina to reach. If you sprint directly up a wall, jump off just before you run out of stamina and slow-glide (no sprinting) you stamina recharges faster than you lose hight. You could always use this to climb any wall-runable object regardless of size.

@wootwootsWhen you are sprinting you jump higher, if you use this to jump directly over a mob it will agro then reset since it can't travel directly upwards to target you. This means that as long as you have stamina you can skip every mob in a dungeon that you are not forced to kill to progress. There have also been dungeons in past where you could skip large sections via glideing and I believe we have another dungeon on the way that people tend to glide over a section to skip out on alot of the trash.