Are you *ever* going to do anything about rampant cheating in both pve and pvp?

Asuramon

I would just like to have a peace of mind and give up hope if you aren't going to do anything.

Cheating has reached such levels that no one bothers to hide it anymore. In fact, if you aren't cheating, you're the odd one out. It's disgusting.

Is UE4 gonna wipe the slate clean? Is there an incoming feature/software that will prevent tempering with client files? Server-side checks? ANYTHING AT ALL?

Asking because on numerous account's I've reported people with explicit evidence only to see them happily run around weeks and months later. With all the same cheats as well

• Like 2

If you mean pure exploits and things like tampering with gcd / HM Boots / HM Jump, auto escape (altough that can be exploited back, since it's easy to perceive when you know someone uses such a thing..), etc. then I whole-heartedly agree.

Things like tampering with the data files, though? Removing anything that can provide you with at the very least minor boost in performance, just so you can *maybe* actually enjoy the game as it's supposed to be? Debatable.

"State of the game" and alike are a bit overused by everyone, but I guess it relates here to the fact of people exploiting the game files specifically.

13 hours ago, Asuramon said:

I would just like to have a peace of mind and give up hope if you aren't going to do anything.

Since atleast 3 years cheaters are not getting banned and if they are the permanent ban is getting lifted after some days. Since @Himeor any other mods are never answering to questions related to PVP or cheats i think its safe to assume they dont care. Its not like they have to implement some heavy anti cheat i mean even cheat engine is enough to give you speedhack and jump hack. I know 2 people who use it to ignore mech in TC for example.

Cheating has reached such levels that no one bothers to hide it anymore. In fact, if you aren't cheating, you're the odd one out. It's disgusting.

It depends on what you call a cheat. Speedhack, Jump Hack or stuff like Meme KFM Wolf are cheats cause they give you advantages but stuff like simple rebinds or insta transmute is just making the game playable which Ncwest clearly has no interest in.

Asking because on numerous account's I've reported people with explicit evidence only to see them happily run around weeks and months later. With all the same cheats as well

Press F11 look at PVP ladders. See people above 1900. Ban people. Thoose 3 steps are needed to get rid of wintraders and NCwest cant even do that. Its not possible they will ban cheaters cause for cheaters most of the time you actully have to investigate if they actully cheated.

Topic made me giggle. As long game is client-sided (and NC settles with poor/no anti-cheat) we wont see any changes.

vor 6 Stunden schrieb TheHitsu:

If you mean pure exploits and things like tampering with gcd / HM Boots / HM Jump, auto escape (altough that can be exploited back, since it's easy to perceive when you know someone uses such a thing..), etc. then I whole-heartedly agree.

We speak bout noclip, nodmg, highburst, questionable sin ult on summoner, SB when there isnt any WD/WL in their team, [list goes on]...Reports dont help, ppl even teleport with the horn in hand now. We sent massive libraries of clips already, and people in question still do that, concluding cheating is the newest insentive in growing stronger.

vor 6 Stunden schrieb ImoutoMaster:

Press F11 look at PVP ladders. See people above 1900. Ban people. Thoose 3 steps are needed to get rid of wintraders and NCwest cant even do that. Its not possible they will ban cheaters cause for cheaters most of the time you actully have to investigate if they actully cheated.

They even clear punishments for severe cheating so... and F11 as you put it, is a nice indicator. But I recall that one KFM who reached floor 110 (yes 10floors above max) in astonishing -7something seconds(yes negative time to clear something that is not existing). Now guess what happened: KFM in question got rank 1 reward for cheating.

Cheats
When we all play by the rules, we all win. This is especially true of games that can be competitive, like Blade & Soul. We do not tolerate cheaters in the game, and we do not tolerate posting links to cheats or any other malicious programs on the forums. This includes in game exploits that affect the integrity of the game experience.
We encourage players to report cheating and exploiting to the Customer Support team when they see it, to help us improve the experience for the overwhelmingly vast majority of honest players.

Super heavy fail on this... 

They do tolerate cheating...They do tolerate bugs... If you report any of this you will see the player the next day and more then likely the rest your time in game.  People are showing it off in game even. BNS has officially breached its own costumer service contract.  Right @Hime.  Fix your game in NA/EU or fix your code of conduct.  

• Thanks 1

You know what's sad? Blade and Soul Forums starting to fall in line with Aion and Lineage 2 forums. Literally all their games are having the exact same problems and there not doing anything about it. Cheating, performance issues, p2w. It's actually sad..

2 hours ago, LynMasterRace said:

Hime can only reply when NCSoft allows them to. I'd also like to remind people that Hime has no control over who gets banned, additions to the game, ect ect.

sad but true.

4 hours ago, LynMasterRace said:

Hime can only reply when NCSoft allows them to. I'd also like to remind people that Hime has no control over who gets banned, additions to the game, ect ect.

While the second part is obviously true, a community manager should be responsible for communication. It's preposterous that they're silent about something of this magnitude that warps the perception of their product.

We, as NCSoft's customers, need to know if they're willing to draw a line in the sand.

Breach of contract

Breach of contract is a legal cause of action and a type of civil wrong, in which a binding agreement or bargained-for exchange is not honored by one or more of the parties to the contract by non-performance or interference with the other party's performance. Breach occurs when a party to a contract fails to fulfill its obligation(s), whether partially or wholly, as described in the contract, or communicates an intent to fail the obligation or otherwise appears not to be able to perform its obligation under the contract. Where there is breach of contract, the resulting damages will have to be paid by the party breaching the contract to the aggrieved party

We sign a contract every time we log in. So they are too.

Edited by sojaa

I don't know about anybody else.  Personally all the cheating that goes on completely removes what made this game fun in the first place. Any victory that is gained through an unfair advantage leaves me with no sense of accomplishment. Without that, we might as well be playing Pong.

• Like 1

On 6/5/2021 at 7:47 AM, sojaa said:

the resulting damages will have to be paid

Problem with ur text is this lil thing. There is no way you can go to court and say "ive lost xxx ammount of $$$ cause of the cheaters".

1. You need to have proof how much money youve lost cause of this. I am sure you have no documents showing you what ranking you would have gotten and there is no real conversion rate for HM coins.

2. You actully have to pay the expenses to sue them urselfe which is most likely more than you would get out of sueing them.

Dont get me wrong here i totally understand where you are comming from and some practices NCwest does are against multiple laws which would probably be enough to close down their whole buisness if someone sued them but the risk is to high to sue them so they can do whatever they please.

• NCSOFT

Let me follow up with the team in terms of anti-cheat methods with UE4. Currently, we do have detection tools that catches cheaters, and our team works off of the reports you send.

57 minutes ago, Hime said:

Let me follow up with the team in terms of anti-cheat methods with UE4. Currently, we do have detection tools that catches cheaters, and our team works off of the reports you send.

first ue4 cheats have just been released btw.

Its the Programm cheatengine they are using thats a simple value edit which should be a piece of cake detecting every cheater ingame in mere seconds.

Edited by ImoutoMaster

10 hours ago, Hime said:

Currently, we do have detection tools that catches cheaters, and our team works off of the reports you send.

It just won't do any good if you see it but don't do anything about it. I doubt that you can see it.

There are way too many things I see every day in B&S that make me doubt that.

Some examples? Ok. Lets start:

People use speedhacks with cheatengine every day in dungeons and your tools dont take action against it...

People use skills like the often reported jumpskill EVERY DAY...

People (even if they get reported for multiclients) can run 10 clients daily without getting detected and punished...

People manipulate global cooldowns of their skills, which SHOULD be noticeable if you would look for it....

People using the autocombat feature in many areas and dungeons where it is not intended... no one prevent them from doing it... last event was the perfect example for it...

People using pixel macros and scripts for their attack rotations... auto escapes in fights... auto air combos... and so on...

Is that fair to the players who don't cheat? NO!

Is that fair to the players who invested time to report you this? NO!
Is that the current state of the game. YES!

Weren't you the ones who removed the anticheat system from the game? YES!

This and many other questions lead me to a very important and (for me) unanswered question:
IF you really can detect this things... why dont you do something against it? 

How many people try to play fair and report cheaters while others cheat every day and profit from it without getting punished for it?

How much time people invested for "helping" you finding this cheaters and nothing happened?

"We appreciate your effort in reporting these incidents to us, we'll make sure to thoroughly investigate these accounts and take action"

"Currently, we do have detection tools that catches cheaters, and our team works off of the reports you send."

I would REALLY like to believe you (NO JOKE!!!)... BUT... lets be honest: How could i?

The game wouldn't have nearly as many cheaters if you would see the cheats and take action against it. Thats a FACT.

This whole topic is years old... and until now you already ignored A LOT of feedback from the players while the problem became bigger and bigger.

Sure, in the end it's up to you how and if you enforce your rules, but please don't say you're doing something while it's clearly seen in the game (every day) that it's EITHER too little or a lie.

Take that as a feedback from me which I only write because the support advised me to do so not because i think it will change something.

But hey... you can always proof me wrong. 🙂

• Like 4

and on the top. almost funny:

people using an autocancel for cut-scenes, bugging their main quest line that way and keep other players and support busy to find help for that buggy game 😄 

On 6/2/2021 at 7:45 AM, Dokkoudou said:

Cheaters pay bills I guess. But yeah, we cant use 3rd party...while NC employees in stream use 3rd party to start the game. bigbrain

They do all kinds weird stuff that is backwards. Like breeching their conduct and rules themselves. Seen it on streams also. Its growing keep these kinda post alive if they dont do something they will lose players and no new ones will come.

Edited by sojaa

On 6/8/2021 at 7:51 PM, Hime said:

You should update those detection tools for the super jump edits people are using to avoid mechanics in dungeons (if i am not mistaking these are edited mount skills that are already in the client), or the dash edits that let people dash much further than their skill allows.

As people use both of them to cheat mechanics in dungeons and raids.

On 6/12/2021 at 8:01 PM, Grimoir said:

You should update those detection tools for the super jump edits people are using to avoid mechanics in dungeons (if i am not mistaking these are edited mount skills that are already in the client), or the dash edits that let people dash much further than their skill allows.

As people use both of them to cheat mechanics in dungeons and raids.

This isn't really the problem, the problem is they aren't banning people.

It would be easy to ban the win traders for example, especially the ones trading it with their own accounts.

13 hours ago, sFMos said:

This isn't really the problem, the problem is they aren't banning people.

I think otherwise since the playerbase is pretty low instead of banning id like the approach of perma banning them from F11 if its something pvp related and restict their ability to multi run certain dungeon for example in pve if its pve related. For example not allowing them in raids for 2 weeks etc.

This would result in serious dmg to the player cause people know they cant 100% expect this player to come at the raid time making this player unatractive and raid is the biggest gold spot for thoose.

It would be easy to ban the win traders for example, especially the ones trading it with their own accounts.

I can count several players wont write any names but i can tell you ive reported several including the one you mentioned. You can pretty much open F11 and everyone above 1800 needs to be banned from F11. I mean in 1380 i get people i know played in worlds. Thats litterly the lowest elo you can have.

Also look into this thread of mine: 

But even though the whole server knows "player who earns $$$ through hm coins but is actully not allowed here since he is from RU" for example is feeding 7 accounts full of chars to plat, ncsoft can't figure it out.

He might even do more. To my knowledge 90% of the plat 1v1 chars are probably him and nearly all 1700+ chars in tags.

If you look into my thread and see the vid. I consider myselfe to be one of the best Warlocks left (its an alt) but i cant even manage 1550. Ok a big factor is that every class ingame counters Warlock expect destroyer and gunner but even so silver should not be a problem for me.

P.S @ Mods we are talking about wintrade the most cause its the most obvious in this game. It dosent need detection tools it just needs 1 player who is not bad in pvp to know at xxxx rating is no que. Guess how they manage to get like 200 rating above the rating you cannot continue since no que.

Edited by ImoutoMaster

3 hours ago, ImoutoMaster said:

I think otherwise since the playerbase is pretty low instead of banning id like the approach of perma banning them from F11 if its something pvp related and restict their ability to multi run certain dungeon for example in pve if its pve related. For example not allowing them in raids for 2 weeks etc.

This would result in serious dmg to the player cause people know they cant 100% expect this player to come at the raid time making this player unatractive and raid is the biggest gold spot for thoose.

I can count several players wont write any names but i can tell you ive reported several including the one you mentioned. You can pretty much open F11 and everyone above 1800 needs to be banned from F11. I mean in 1380 i get people i know played in worlds. Thats litterly the lowest elo you can have.

Also look into this thread of mine: 

He might even do more. To my knowledge 90% of the plat 1v1 chars are probably him and nearly all 1700+ chars in tags.

If you look into my thread and see the vid. I consider myselfe to be one of the best Warlocks left (its an alt) but i cant even manage 1550. Ok a big factor is that every class ingame counters Warlock expect destroyer and gunner but even so silver should not be a problem for me.

P.S @ Mods we are talking about wintrade the most cause its the most obvious in this game. It dosent need detection tools it just needs 1 player who is not bad in pvp to know at xxxx rating is no que. Guess how they manage to get like 200 rating above the rating you cannot continue since no que.

Yeah, all season long... from early morning to the middle of the night this guy is wintrading his endless alts from 1400->1900..

Often has multiple chars logged in at the same time, one 1400, one 1500, one 1600 etc, and indeed he did play tournaments.

It's so sad ncsoft lets this guy destroy arena, it's impossible for me to even touch this guy after years of playing.. mainly because the matchup is just completely unbalanced atm, but it's just clear this guy doesn't belong at silver.

it's impossible for new, and even many old, actual pvpers to get ranked atm..

All the rewards go to this kid who destroys their game, it's ridiculous this is going on for over a year now and nothing happens.. even after like 100 people reported this guy.

And i think the moment ncsoft shows they actually care, and at least warn him... they will stop...

But they know, ncsoft isn't doing anything... so they just do what they want.

Edited by sFMos