General questions about UE4

Cupidstar

30 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

The game runs perfectly fine on a RX480 It even runs fine on my crappy work laptop so....idk where you got that "requirement" from, but its a complete overstatement.

(given if you want fancier visuals, yes a better video card will be needed)

T  tried it on 3 different Pc's a crappy laptop, my old desktop and my new desktop.

Roughly speaking, at least from my experience so far i do see it run better than our current live one. And i cam comparing the UE4 64bit to our UE3 64bit without any modifications.

Areas where our client dips in performance, on the UE4 version everything seems more stable. Now, i am not going to lie, i am a bit disappointed in how this turned out but i cant deny it does run smoother, but don't expect some amazing miracle and performance will depend still on the processor you are running, albeit seems a bit less than currently.

Im running bns on 1050 GTX EVGA (not ti though). Will it run fine with UE4 upgrade?

10 hours ago, Dokkoudou said:

well UE3 even runs on RX460 since it doesnt care about GPU. Just need a powerful CPU, and UE4 seems to need both. Buth even 5800X2080 didnt run smooth, so...not sure until we get it

sry, but wrong, try again.

1 hour ago, Belido said:

sry, but wrong, try again.

How are they wrong? Current BNS barely cares about your GPU (though the better you got will get a minor improvement). I've also seen poor performance in some streams depending on the hardware, so UE4 is not an absolute for improved performance...though over all performance does seem better.

9 hours ago, LynMasterRace said:

How are they wrong? Current BNS barely cares about your GPU (though the better you got will get a minor improvement). I've also seen poor performance in some streams depending on the hardware, so UE4 is not an absolute for improved performance...though over all performance does seem better.

well, while playing BnS I was going from Radeon R9 290 to Radeon RX Vega 56 to RTX 2070 super and while none of them seemed to have full workload while playing, my FPS improved significant on each upgrade (like 10+FPS at populated places). Guess that is BnS art of bottlenecking 😄 

4 hours ago, Belido said:

well, while playing BnS I was going from Radeon R9 290 to Radeon RX Vega 56 to RTX 2070 super and while none of them seemed to have full workload while playing, my FPS improved significant on each upgrade (like 10+FPS at populated places). Guess that is BnS art of bottlenecking 😄 

Yeah, I never quite got the meme of 'GPU doesn't matter'. It does matter, absolutely, but in UE3 it doesn't matter as much as the CPU. I assume you already got a pretty decent one there to avoid a bottleneck on the 2070.