Any of thoses items still have any use ?

Hello so i didnt played BnS for a pretty long time, just reinstalled it, but in my storage i have a lot of items that might have no use at all anymore since a lot of things have changed

so could anyone tell me what should i keep ? or if somes still is worth to keep for.... ( as BnS become pretty messy with all thoses items, all that still might have no use at all but still in the game, and no real clear list / explanation... so.. yeah )

thanks !

So here the list :

- faction insignia

- essence of blackwyrm

- drake core

- Hellion core

- Lesser demon spirit

- naksun badge ( might have missed the npc using them at the tower )

- Warrior token  ( might have missed the npc using them at the tower )

- imperial core

- scarlet bloom

-orb of ascension shard

- rare element

- bloodstone fragment

- blackstone & fragment

- silver scale & fragment

- honing oil

- frozen feather

thanks !

1 hour ago, wootwoots said:

So here the list :

- faction insignia (used for clan crafting and clan upgrade)

- essence of blackwyrm (not really of use. can still be traded at ther merchant though)

- drake core (no use as you get those stuff for free during story)

- Hellion core (barely any use as this equipment tier can be skipped I'd say)

- Lesser demon spirit (used to transmute sacred oils so worthy)

- naksun badge (merchant kangcha near storage in mushins tower)

- Warrior token  (merchant kangcha near storage in mushins tower)

- imperial core (used to buy decent equipment, keep them)

- scarlet bloom (keep them to buy decent soul shields)

-orb of ascension shard (used for cold storage and heavens mandate, keep them)

- rare element (used for crafting, keep them)

- bloodstone fragment (used to upgrade pvp equipment or buy pvp stuff)

- blackstone & fragment (only used for low tiers equipment but you still need some)

- silver scale & fragment (same as blackstone)

- honing oil (used to buy chests with sacred vials and pet packs, keep them)

- frozen feather (used at cold storage merchant after each boss. buy the costume but other than that I don't recall anything good)

Shekinah provided an excellent and thorough answer. One small thing I would add is that Bloodstone Fragments can still be useful even to PvE players. The PvP merchant also sells the old Hongmoon Skill items (Achievements > Character > Skills), such as offals and Hongmoon Secret Technique books, which gives you points that can be used to enhance specific skills (K). It's not much but if you have spare fragments lying around, it's free damage.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Unya said:

Shekinah provided an excellent and thorough answer. One small thing I would add is that Bloodstone Fragments can still be useful even to PvE players. The PvP merchant also sells the old Hongmoon Skill items (Achievements > Character > Skills), such as offals and Hongmoon Secret Technique books, which gives you points that can be used to enhance specific skills (K). It's not much but if you have spare fragments lying around, it's free damage.

Oh i see, never was to the point to get thoses upgrade things always wondered how it work, thanks for the tips. But i only have 10 boodstone fragment, so... i guess i will do nothing with it for now ... ^^

And indeed found the naksun badge,  Warrior token, exhange, you get nothing now from it, i just exhanged thoses i had left and deleted the rest

that game has became such a mess with all thoses material / currency / exhange oO it could use such a huge clean up & new organisation to make all that more clear 

bare in mind you have been away for a while, new players don't get most of the things that are useless nowadays, if you hover over items you can easily see what to use where, the game is not a mess, more likely people sitting on old content items occupy inventory space

Le 27/05/2021 à 14:10, lillvargen a dit :

bare in mind you have been away for a while, new players don't get most of the things that are useless nowadays, if you hover over items you can easily see what to use where, the game is not a mess, more likely people sitting on old content items occupy inventory space

I kinda disagree as the game has now new windows a bit over the place, there is not a single central "menu" to have everything displayed ( like BDO did )

there is no way to click on a item to know where the trader is for exemple ( and there is 3648951 different trader all over the place because the game as 6524 different currency ) And you also have a dragon express.

You dont have centralized and handy wait to have a good overview about all the various currency / trader / where they are etc...

there is no information on a lot of tool tips, there isnt a central "wiki kinda of things" with every informations

its like the skill windows and skill effect, somes effets just are a line spread accross a skills, there is no efficient "summary" of each effect, there is no search box to directly search what you need to know etc etc

Imho you are just well used enough to BnS, but really after a BDO where everything is honestly very well informed, or has very handy way to search for informations, BnS is pretty horrible for that point ( even regarding all badge soul badge  or  soul shield as you can have somes all over the place 

Edited by wootwoots

comparing peaches and dumplings now are we?

plenty items have been densed down. some new mechanics have been added to the game...yes if new rushes C2A event it is overwhelming (or in this very case, when returning), but even BDO doesnt resemble what BD was back in the early days.

as sfor central menus. yeah DE has no keybinding nor does anything but F10 within your Inventory. Most ussed and relevant still are Ctrl I and Ctrl J with most important informations. Features like Ctrl H, Shift P and Ctrl L. Might not be "known" if you skip quests that teach you.

most traders reside in Mushins with a very limited exceptions. (thinking of TSS/BM NPC buuut might be wrogn here) HMA should be pretty packed imo.

and to give a little insight on BDO. this lets you travel days for some material that you gathered already and used, but still hunt for more but cant complete since you already have it. but it doesnt count for some weird reason. or more  realistic: each enemy wears pants, we kill 50 enemies for their worn pants. after 50 kills we dont have 50 worn pants because? [reason is downscaling] and this isnt grindy in your oppinion? so yes, each game does a very different approach but also in each game you still get too many obsolete items to this day.

if this sounds to harsh, since you grew out of bns and into bdo, thats absolutely fine. ultimately I didnt enjoy BDO to much, but atleast we tried and made us an opinion.