Forums

EU/NA region desperately needs GameGuard back

GenericNick

Or any sort of anti-cheat  measure, really.

Things have spiraled out of control to the point where despite recent TOS changes people are more obnoxious about their cheats than ever; publicly requesting for cheat engine users in faction/zone chats with no repercussions. 

GCD edits / Rotation XMLs / autocasts / speedhacks run rampant in every possible aspect of the game.

We all know that.

We'll take the hit on game performance gladly if it means evening out the playing field.

• Like 1

Do you know what Gameguard did back then ? litterly nothing cause there was a bypass to it which was also very easy to do. Also as long as we are running at UE3 i doubt it would be wise to ban for xmls etc. cause alot of thoose edits to the game are the only reason why this game is even remotely playable.

I do agree we need bans for cheats obvious but i do not agree it bringing anything to the game that would reduce the performance even more cause 5 FPS in raids is definetly not worth playing. In terms of cheats just look at the f11 leaderboards anyone above 1800 wintraded cause que stops around 1650 if you are lucky you might come to 1730 but you wont make it to 1900 without wintrade this is so freaking obvious and has been reported so many times that most if not all players simply stoped reporting it.

1. AFAIK GG (or a similar system) does the job and isn't bypassed in other regions.

2. There's no xmls that "make the game playable". You can't xml yourself more fps in a raid. Xmls are either outright cheats or minor QOL changes everyone can easily live without.

• Like 1

heres one of my attempts at a mass of words to convey my feelings on the topic of needing effective guards against cheats/abuses -

I’m glad to have made myself a part of this game and to come back to all that ive built for myself within it every day im able to and to build yet more; it hurts to see the ToS abusers get away with their non-sense, and i can feel when the game functions differently (and for me: worse,) during the times when im resolved to witness and share experiences with what i can perceive as those consistent and/or subtle cheaters. 

im certain the mere reputation keeps potential players from considering this game an option.  im also certain that some players whether cheating or legitimate aim to disrespect the game due to being more invested in some other enterprise, and/or are willing to flex their various societal disconnections in that way.

No doubt it is a big problem, and no doubt it is an Unnecessary problem. If this topic wasnt so impactful, the development efforts could be directed more efficiently towards an even stronger sense of community as well as self-fulfillment; 

but it seems there’s a kind of movement that purports mutual exclusivity between self-fulfillment and a sense of community... I wholeheartedly disagree with such notion, but this is a realization one needs to believe for themselves, not because theyve been told that its the right thing to do, unless they really trust said source...

I just hope more people get to appreciate Blade and Soul because of the Genuine interactions they can share across its unique medium.

i have no envy for the figures charged with cleaning up a mess of this potential magnitude; some of their decisive actions may be gratifying but ultimately, i think it would become clear that people spend their time in this game because they enjoy everything it can mean to them; But, the severity of the hurt that those clearly disrespectful attitudes can inflict, has lasting consequences for all around them, intentional or not.

- im happy to have put so much thought into this post even though the context is potentially darkening

thanks everyone

and to carry on, much love

as always, take care

• Like 1

Gameguard can be bypassed in other regions. Don't act like it's some flawless shield that instantly bans any and all cheaters forever...it didn't do a thing when we had it before (or its replacement, Xigncode, which also could be bypassed). UE4 might kill off a lot of the cheating though, if they've dramatically overhauled things.

On 5/17/2021 at 7:31 PM, GenericNick said:

1. AFAIK GG (or a similar system) does the job and isn't bypassed in other regions.

There has been no anti cheat system in BNS yet that hasnt been bypassed. There is no region with a working anti cheat. The difference is:

KR very few cheaters in the first place cause people wont let you join their raids etc. if you do. Also KR bans them sometimes.

TW no knowledge about them but i doubt there are much cheaters.

CH well there is a reputation system for their citizens and cheating ingame actully lowers your score.

RU they ban cheaters and wintraders manually.

EU/NA they ignore everything.

• Like 1

In all honesty, personally, i dont really care who uses what in PVE, as l;ong as it helps the group clear the dungeon / raid faster its whatever.

In terms of content with rankings, i mean...it sucks, but what they should do is remove the Venture token rewards from them entirely, since the bigger abuse is a person getting top ranks with multiple characters/  accounts, and thats far worse than using XML edits for it.

As for battlegrounds, i dont mind at all if the XML is purely a button reassignment or simple mode changes, but if its edits like for archer that removes certain skill steps or kfm, giving them 100% immunity or FM autocasting things then yes they should get banned for it.

7 hours ago, Grimoir said:

In all honesty, personally, i dont really care who uses what in PVE, as l;ong as it helps the group clear the dungeon / raid faster its whatever.

In terms of content with rankings, i mean...it sucks, but what they should do is remove the Venture token rewards from them entirely, since the bigger abuse is a person getting top ranks with multiple characters/  accounts, and thats far worse than using XML edits for it.

As for battlegrounds, i dont mind at all if the XML is purely a button reassignment or simple mode changes, but if its edits like for archer that removes certain skill steps or kfm, giving them 100% immunity or FM autocasting things then yes they should get banned for it.

This time I 100% agree with you.

People do complaint that i have less dmg then i should be in raids/dungeons, but I dont use any cheats (except removing skill/charcter visuals).

And I completely stopped pvp due to the mass amount of cheaters in there..and pvp was the most fun part of this game for me.

4 hours ago, Gman said:

And now another cheat appeared...TC 1st boss skip thingy.

Its not a cheat. If anything its a very smart way to go around it.

2 hours ago, Shekinah said:

From what I know it'a bug abuse. And I remember the time people got banned for bug abusing in ogong's lvl 45 dungeon.

Technically its not a bug abuse because nothing in it is bugged. It works the same way dungeon path blocks worked for years. If anything the one that discovered this should get a prize for thinking outside the box.

5 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Technically its not a bug abuse because nothing in it is bugged. It works the same way dungeon path blocks worked for years. If anything the one that discovered this should get a prize for thinking outside the box.

so not much different from "Costume/Pet Event", was no bug either, just some odd values.

6 minutes ago, Belido said:

so not much different from "Costume/Pet Event", was no bug either, just some odd values.

that was actually a bug because the costume prices were different only at that one vendor, hence anyone could see it was unintended.

Either way pretty sure a lot of the cheating would stop if NC actually enforced rules and banned some accounts as precedence.

On 5/25/2021 at 3:17 PM, Kicsiduda said:

it's not a cheat, it's the clever use of your character

On 5/25/2021 at 7:43 PM, Grimoir said:

Its not a cheat. If anything its a very smart way to go around it.

It IS an exploit/abuse... NCSoft tried to fix it several times in KR to prevent people from abusing it.
Unfortunately, they couldn't seem to fix it 100% which is the reason why people abuse it at the moment.

But back to the topic:

YES. B&S needs an anticheat AND a publisher who finally care more about this topic.

EU/NA are the regions which are full of cheaters compared to other regions. 
Speedhacks, flyhacks, jumphacks, ladder/rank manipulation, abusing multiclients for raids/dungeons... and so on...

All this cheats are also abused in rankings... how do you want to compete with cheaters in rankings? (rhetorical question!)

People are daily using *** in this game for several hacks to gain an advantage from it..

People queue with multiclients in 6v6 to manipulate the ranks and boost their own character.. since years..

Also often abused are unused skill ID's who dont have any conditions to use.

Do you guys remember the skill id abuse where people killed other players (fishers) with the "Scarlet Conservatory 3rd boss skill"?

OR do you remember the "godsword" skill abuse? The skill from the solo dungeon (eva) before it gots released?

People abused it for dungeons to sell stuff like scales and other things to others...  they solo'ed whole raids to get the loot for alts... and so on. 

Ok... the skill IDs from eva and scarlet got already fixed by NCSoft KR BUT the rest of the unused skill ID's get daily abused in this game.

And i see that every day in nearly every party... Especially in the new/higher dungeons... jumpskills, dash skills and so on combined with speedhacks.

Want to know a fun fact?

Using cheats ingame and posting cheats (or videos of people who abuse it) in the forums are BOTH not allowed....

BUT .... only in the forums you have to be afraid of getting banned for it, while in the game people use it every day and get huge benefits from.

And while people doing this NCWest is sitting on their ❤❤❤ and do nothing.

A bit sad to be honest and every day i continue playing this game where i daily see people using this cheats is proofing me right that we need it.

Sad especially for a company that tells us: "rest assured that we are committed to removing any account breaking the rules from our game."

That doesn't seem to be going so well to be honest (if you ask me).

On 5/26/2021 at 1:16 AM, Grimoir said:

Either way pretty sure a lot of the cheating would stop if NC actually enforced rules and banned some accounts as precedence.

Right. Enforcing rules and correct their mistake of taking away the game's anticheat.
They knew the game have a lot of cheaters but they deleted the anticheat.. wtf.. who in their right mind does that in this situation?

With this action they opened the doors for cheaters and made it super easy to cheat.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, CrazyDude90 said:

Right. Enforcing rules and correct their mistake of taking away the game's anticheat.
They knew the game have a lot of cheaters but they deleted the anticheat.. wtf.. who in their right mind does that in this situation?

With this action they opened the doors for cheaters and made it super easy to cheat.

The problem was, with the anticheat we had, the game performance was horrible, and i mean, 1000% worse than it is now. So i could see why it was removed.

also lets not fool ourselves that our old anti-cheat actually did anything asside negatively impact performance. It was more or less useless to have it.

8 hours ago, CrazyDude90 said:

Using cheats ingame and posting cheats (or videos of people who abuse it) in the forums are BOTH not allowed....

BUT .... only in the forums you have to be afraid of getting banned for it, while in the game people use it every day and get huge benefits from.

And while people doing this NCWest is sitting on their ❤❤❤ and do nothing.

Actually, if you stream on Twitch, and you are reported for using a cheat, twitch will ban your account.

1 hour ago, Grimoir said:

The problem was, with the anticheat we had, the game performance was horrible, and i mean, 1000% worse than it is now. So i could see why it was removed.

Nonsense the game used to run much better at that time.. saying it's 1000% worse than it is now is just ridiculous

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sFMos said:

Nonsense the game used to run much better at that time.. saying it's 1000% worse than it is now is just ridiculous

It did not. There were players that even got an up to 30-40 FPS boost in game once the anticheat was gone.

1 hour ago, Grimoir said:

It did not. There were players that even got an up to 30-40 FPS boost in game once the anticheat was gone.

Meanwhile for everyone else it just got worse.

This game used to ran just fine with much worse hardware during that time, could even stream without issues at raids or group dungeons..

Now it's laggy as hell even if you don't stream, turn all settings down, have better hardware & hide all people and effects..

And i'm not saying the anti-cheat didn't have problems, or that you got less fps from removing it...
But saying it's 1000% worse than it is now, is just silly.. cause the game just used to run much better during that time.. 

Edited by sFMos

also lets not fool ourselves that our old anti-cheat actually did anything asside negatively impact performance.

sorry but thats totally wrong... in my case (and i am also speaking for the people who played with me in the said time) there was 0 difference after they deleted the anticheat. People cried about the performance because they didnt knew the issues which had caused the decrease in FPS. Today we know it better.

4 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Thats a lie. Sorry but no anticheat system have that much impact on a game. Same for B&S. Now we know one of the big issues why the game runs very bad and "eats" a lot of performance (the text). 

Actually, if you stream on Twitch, and you are reported for using a cheat, twitch will ban your account.

I am so glad to see that you read what i wrote. (caution irony). I talked about the game itself and his forum.

3 hours ago, sFMos said:

Meanwhile for everyone else it just got worse.

Yeah and another reason is because people manipulate the global cooldowns ingame which ends up in more hits on bosses = more calculations = less FPS.

Some player go even further and delete/edit skill ID's which also ends in more hits.

• Like 1

Can I just ask why has a chunk of this topic been removed without a word of explanation or acknowledgement of the issue by the mod team?

@NCstaff Can we expect any sort of repercussions towards "superjumpers"? This is one thing you CAN do, it's super easy to detect by a log filter. There can be no false-positives, no excuses and every day you guys let it slide it encourages people to use any new cheat that can/will eventually pop up with impunity.

Edited by GenericNick
  • Like 2