Can We have another Call 2 Arms Event Soon?

No? 2 months is by far too often. ^ months is fine. you arent supposed to get freebies every 2 months without actually grinding the game. Every 6 months is perfectly fine.

Edited by Grimoir
  • Like 1

Eh, the items given out by the C2A are great for newbies, but they're considered (at least the accessories) borderline obsolete by most of the community. Shortening the interval probably wouldn't hurt. Two months is probably too often considering they pretty much invalidate the earlier crappier part of the grind (not really a negative, IMO). I'd be down with a 4-month interval, though.

Unpopular oppinion but i think we dont need c2a at all cause gear is very easy to obtain.

1. we need 1 million dps to solo everything (not dst) till cc.

2. https://bns.life/char/eu/sf+mrsfutanari/ has a bit over 1 million already you need litterly like 1 day to reach that threshhold if you are dedicated

3. If you consider everything that gives you free stuff nowdays you could come to 3 million or even more stable dps. (Mushin tower etc.) if you are dedicated maybe 2 or 3 days.

4. Gear from call to arms was just slightly better than what we got for free in the normal game (aside from weapon). Next one might be better but i doubt it.

5. Most new players who come due to c2a leave after c2a too cause it brings them at a point you cant accomplish very much with low effort anymore. I think new players need alot of accomplishments (sorry if its the wrong term not a native speaker) in terms of gear so they feel like its worth farming but c2a skips that.

And about call to arm I personally agree most event are so bad design that people not want to do event and stay offline 

Just this current event is live example.of bad outfit event + annoying part only higher dugeno have event token

58 minutes ago, Jernjomfru said:

The game just needs actual catch-up mechanics overall. We start out so far behind that it literally takes months before you can participate in content that is a tier BEHIND the current one. It's pretty awful.

How much dps do you need to solo the stuff:

Everything till CC = 1 Million DPS

Dream Song theater = 7,1 Million DPS

CC =  ~ 3 Million dps

I dont know about the dps requirement of the dungeons above but i am 100% sure 2 Million is enough in a group for all of it expect for Dollhouse maybe.

If we dont count Raids 4 Million should be enough for everything.

What do you need for 4 Million DPS ? depending on class and soul/heart mushin tower Accesories are enough if not you can farm the elder scale stuff.

My Elder Scale SF does around 8 Million. You can reach 4 Million in like 2 weeks or even faster.

@ImoutoMasterAh yes, the minimum requirements argument. Mathematically correct, practically and embarrassingly unrealistic. You and I both know that 4 million dps is not a realistic goal for a new player to reach in 2 weeks, nor is it enough to get you into groups. You're not kidding anyone. It takes weeks to even get the basics of the game down and learn both mechanics of the content that is relevant for you as well as the systems. I parse about 7m now, and having done plenty of dungeons it's a little chunk higher than average for people at my level of gear so I'm doing fine. But it's taken me 3 months to get here, and there are much, much further between upgrades now and I'm still 2 tiers behind top now.

If it hadn't been for C2A I would have been even further behind, getting those materials, gems and such was a big timesaver, but even with such an event I'm not even ready to step into the top tier content after having played dilligently for 3 months.

It's bad, to an extreme level, even for an MMO. While I grinded out the sovereign gloves, I saw a grand total of 0 box drops in SP/H0/CC. Now literally hundreds of runs in, I've still seen nothing.

Noone's saying they mind doing what needs to be done at each step, noone's complaining that they don't get thrust to the frontlines immediately, the point is that it takes way, way too long. 
The changes they made for the talisman this recent patch, is something that should have been done for every slot. Outdated items should take less time to obtain. That is the essence of what catch-up is.

That being said, I've burned out on the game, it's been several months and it still feels like I've barely taken a few steps up this mountain of a climb.

UE4 can't fix sh*t core game design.

1 hour ago, Jernjomfru said:

@ImoutoMasterAh yes, the minimum requirements argument. Mathematically correct, practically and embarrassingly unrealistic. You and I both know that 4 million dps is not a realistic goal for a new player to reach in 2 weeks

Why not ? ive seen enough reach that in 2 weeks. Some of them even reached 7 Million. They are actully asking experienced players how to progress fast and dont use their time to complain as to how hard it is to get pet gems or whatever.

, nor is it enough to get you into groups.

This is not part of this argument. Also if you are in a guild it is enough to get into the groups of course randooms want you to have more gear they dont know your experience. You might not know any mechs so more dmg is needed.

You're not kidding anyone. It takes weeks to even get the basics of the game down and learn both mechanics of the content that is relevant for you as well as the systems.

I cannot agree with that. Mechanics are very few in this game and the mechs that exists are very basic. Remember we are not talking about hardmdoes here.

Everything else a new players needs to learn he gets by asking exp players in their guild or whatever.

I parse about 7m now, and having done plenty of dungeons it's a little chunk higher than average for people at my level of gear so I'm doing fine. But it's taken me 3 months to get here, and there are much, much further between upgrades now and I'm still 2 tiers behind top now.

This depends strongly on class of course. But it dosent change the fact that 4 million dps is aquired relly fast nowdays due to all the free gear.

If it hadn't been for C2A I would have been even further behind, getting those materials, gems and such was a big timesaver, but even with such an event I'm not even ready to step into the top tier content after having played dilligently for 3 months.

Why not ? if you have enough players willing to learn you can do all the content with 7 Million dps expect for hardmodes and the Blackmoon non plebraid.

Its always about how much you want to reach a goal.

It's bad, to an extreme level, even for an MMO. While I grinded out the sovereign gloves, I saw a grand total of 0 box drops in SP/H0/CC. Now literally hundreds of runs in, I've still seen nothing.

So and why are you running theese dungeons if you are sick of them ? I always tell new players to do atleast 1 run of the Pirate island per day. They might drop a ticket to get the accesorie instantly and even if they dont drop one they get atleast 1 full Elder scale per day there reducing the time you need to farm the dungeons significantly.

Noone's saying they mind doing what needs to be done at each step, noone's complaining that they don't get thrust to the frontlines immediately, the point is that it takes way, way too long. 

And thats where we booth disagree. I would be on your side if we wouldnt have events with free mats like all the time.

After story finished:
1. Skybreak spire for the Ring and Earring

2. Mushin tower stage 8 - 20

3. Do VT to get ur Mystic Badge

4. Doing dailys and weeklys for mats if a good event than event too just the usual stuff each day.

5. Meanwhile run Outlaw island each day for free scale and maybe free 3rd gen accesories

6. cause youve done the dailys you will have enough white coins to buy a legendary soul badge

7. start upgrading soul, heart, etc. with the mats aquired over the time so you have first legendary stage (soul 2nd stage)

8. Do Twighlight temple to get the Ring and Earring

At night farm the afk farm places for the gems. Also in the meantime Learn your class ! If you are a sf and constantly use Right punch for example of course the dmg is low. Most classes are hold ur macro and you are fine anyway.

Now the dmg should be around 2 Million. All of the steps can be done in like several days. If the player keeps going with the daily stuff and keep upgrading 4 Million will be aquired pretty quick.

Its just my oppinion but i think new players need alot of accomplishments so they feel the increase. If they are like some veterans who dont upgrade their gear for sometimes months cause its so expensive i dont think they gonna stay for long.

Edited by ImoutoMaster