Sell a protection item from downgrading mythical enhancement in f10

Miayu

I used 135 fusion stones to get my wep from +8 to +3. I want to quit, took me like half a year or more to gather those stones because I hate pvp. Why is the system so stupid, that when you fail the upgrade the enhancement stage always goes down?  The most punishing + rng system fo all the games I've ever played. Other games had protection items in cash shop and there the downgrade on failure wasn't even 100% chance. So why can't you sell those too? 

• Like 1

Oh and to note, I only wanted to go initially to +9, then only until +8 to gain what was lost, but in those 135 stones my wep never even went past stage +6 again, so it's not like I tried something impossible.

sorry tohear that.

I just failed 5x to upgrade recently too.,

stupid system indeed, and fusion stones are hard to get (even though more ways now), but still not easy enough for all equipments to be upgraded

this reminds me to another game long ago. They had rng upgrade stones there in a "special offer" and one player just left after paying 100 Euro in shop to get his  weapon downgraded for 2 stages 😃 

2 hours ago, Grimoir said:

if you dont like this you aint gonna like the ancient dungeon dropping accessories with randomized stats xD

oh I am quite relaxed on this, I am a slowmo, I don't try to push things, as I am using my easy living approach and I am good with it atm,  but if I get blocked or forced to much by stupid game rng I just use the door.

On 5/8/2021 at 2:41 AM, Miayu said:

I used 135 fusion stones to get my wep from +8 to +3. I want to quit, took me like half a year or more to gather those stones because I hate pvp. Why is the system so stupid, that when you fail the upgrade the enhancement stage always goes down?  The most punishing + rng system fo all the games I've ever played. Other games had protection items in cash shop and there the downgrade on failure wasn't even 100% chance. So why can't you sell those too? 

Sorry to hear about that,  Blade & Soul has a few RNG upgrades, I always suggest players to NEVER upgrade items that have RNG. NC designed the "mythical enhancement system" as a way to trap new players & get them to spend more money in the F10 Hongmoon store. I suggest only upgrading your base gear & never upgrade your gems since NC will give free gems from events.

Ancient system is a huge trap. I had some fusion stones, so I tought I'll use them on my heart. Later did I realise, the regular upgrade costs greatly increase if you have your item on at least +1. Don't EVER use the ancient system, let the fusion stones rot in your warehouse till the end of time (or till they change the system's core)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kicsiduda said:

Ancient system is a huge trap. I had some fusion stones, so I tought I'll use them on my heart. Later did I realise, the regular upgrade costs greatly increase if you have your item on at least +1. 

this is not true

47 minutes ago, Kicsiduda said:

Then please explain to me, why do I need 5 enchantment stones to upgrade my heart?

You are switching to the next tier of your heart. I am not sure but you could have normally upgraded without ancient but you would have needed 10 enhancement stones then to get to ancient.

Anyway the cost does not increase just cause you are ancient system its still the same ammount of oils and scales you just need the enhancement stones which you would need anyway to get to ancient.

1 minute ago, ImoutoMaster said:

You are switching to the next tier of your heart. I am not sure but you could have normally upgraded without ancient but you would have needed 10 enhancement stones then to get to ancient.

Anyway the cost does not increase just cause you are ancient system its still the same ammount of oils and scales you just need the enhancement stones which you would need anyway to get to ancient.

All right, so dauntless needs 10 enchantment stones instead of 5, and that's just the price catching up. But we are both just assuming, it would be great if it was shown in the game too in the equipment upgrade paths menu. Because this could have been a valuable information. Also I just hope it wont ask me 5 enchantment stones every time I upgrade my heart.

WeM18RB.png

yes this information should be in patchnotes, guides and ingame upgrade paths. 

and ctrl+i is very buggy:

- enhanced equip isnt available

- it doesnt connect your enhanced equip to the non enhanced version, you have to select it manually

- many path materials are wrong or empty ("item desc")

The cost to go ancient or increase ancient rises with each tier. Resolute +1 costs 5 enchantment stone and Dauntless +1 costs 10 enchantments stone. It's the same for all items.

Another trap in this system. If you dont go ancient in the lowest possible tier, it costs way much to do so later.

I am sitting on 194 fusion stones right now and don't see a reason to use them. Also some symbols of ancient items, weapon and such, just look like sh't. Luckily outside of my weapon I got no gear that can be made ancient yet. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The cost of upgrading does not increase at all. However there is one thing to note:

You should ALWAYS first breakthrough to the next tier before awakening. If you first awaken and then upgrade to the new tier it will ask you for 5 more enchantment stones, because you then are breakting through to the new tier + awakening it at the same time.

Had you followed the regular way upgrading and then awaken you would only need the standard 5 stones.

Mystical enchantment is only good for min-maxing at end game. Awakening anything while your other gear isnt upgraded properly is a waste and will not evne give a good damage boost.

8 hours ago, Grimoir said:

You should ALWAYS first breakthrough to the next tier before awakening. If you first awaken and then upgrade to the new tier it will ask you for 5 more enchantment stones, because you then are breakting through to the new tier + awakening it at the same time.

Okay, then this is what made it seem getting more expensive. Like it was already said, the information in game is barely existing.

But then this isn't true at all:

8 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Had you followed the regular way upgrading and then awaken you would only need the standard 5 stones.

Except you are talking about the standard "fusion" stones but those weren't the topic here.

So, if the item is already ancient and the base item is reaching the new tier it will always require 5 additional enchantment stones.

If the base item isn't ancient yet, reaches new tier and then becomes ancient the price increases by 5 enchantment stones compared to what prior tier would have cost.

is that correct?

Mythical is better to upg to asap for example overture talisman vs the new higher skywatch talisman. If you fail say level 5 in the new higher skywatch talisman you get knocked down 2 levels (from 5 to 3) where as in overture only one level (from 5 to 4) so it's more punishing when you fail. Where you won't have a choice is Acc's because they are swapped out for newer acc's. With Soul, Pet, Heart, and Talis though it's pretty much better to if you're going to mythical do it as soon as it's eligible rather than up tier a whole lot and have a more punishing level reduction fail system. Be advised though if you do it to a weapon you can no longer go PVE path and take advantage of like reduced mats costs and swap back over.

Skywatch Talisman (Also Uzume Ear/Ring and Spirit Bracelets)

XVjMHiH.png

Everything else but the new Skywatch Talisman, Uzume Earring, Uzume Ring, Storm Spirit Bracelet, Wild Spirit Bracelet, and Thunder Spirit Bracelet. 

QpP7Y7R.png

Success and cost is retained what isn't is how many levels you drop when you fail. So it isn't "even" to say use 10 Enchantment stones later when sure everything is basically equal with the exception of punishment upon level failure. I'd honestly say upgrade it now or asap because it's more discouraging losting 2 levels at a time during low levels than just 1, gonna def want to save up like 300 fusion stones when you make an attempt to +11 just incase you aren't lucky at all. There's nothing to compensate for losing more levels later such as better rng or cost reduction. In acc's it wont matter as they are crux'd and moved on so you have to start over and deal with a worse punishment system if you fail. For things like Your Soul, Heart, Pet, and Talis you can do something before you get too high. What's the next tier going to be -3 levels early on? Better to do weapon earlier too before a higher weapon is likely to reflect the same kind of loss punishment levels in the future. Though you would be unable to go PVE path to circumvent cost once you mythical a weapon.

Edited by LordSwift
Additional Information Added
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Hime did you see this thread yet? As a result of the disappointment because of this upgrade/downgrade system that is very unfair, combined with the depressingly high amount of runs needed from the new dungeon for gear, almost all my friends have moved on to a new mmorpg... The progress of gear should be determined by the work one puts in the grind, not gated by luck. This is a very depressing and unmotivating system. If fusion stones would be craftable in the same way as transformation stones, this system would be more acceptable. But in it's current state, some players might never upgrade their mythical stage because of being unlucky, even if having 500+ stones that would take forever to gather for some, simply due to having a few downgrades almost meaning starting everything all over again.

As alternate suggestions, if you don't want to add a new protection item to sell, I'd like to add:

-make an alternate upgrade path with no rng, and a higher fusion stone cost to upgrade. This could be until +10.

-make an alternate upgrade path with less chance to succeed the upgrade, but no chance of a downgrade. This way at least people won't grind to downgrade their gear. Could also be until +10.

Edited by Miayu

2 hours ago, Miayu said:

This is a very depressing and unmotivating system.

and VOLUNTARY system. Which means you don't need to upgrade to mythical if you don't want the RNG. It is also not needed to clear any of the current content. I want to see how you will complain about the new upcoming accessories with the RNG stats drop from ancient dungeons if you don't get the stats you want after a few drops.

I prefer to keep it as is and just add more ways to get fusion stones or remove it entirely.

3 hours ago, HateMe said:

and VOLUNTARY system. Which means you don't need to upgrade to mythical if you don't want the RNG. It is also not needed to clear any of the current content. I want to see how you will complain about the new upcoming accessories with the RNG stats drop from ancient dungeons if you don't get the stats you want after a few drops.

I prefer to keep it as is and just add more ways to get fusion stones or remove it entirely.

I agree about removing fusion stones entirely, that would work too.

RNG stats on new accessories aren't an issue, because nothing gets downgraded and I won't lose anything. I don't mind the grind, I mean I play this game afterall lol, not asking to get stuff after just a few runs.