Returning player trying to recommend Blade and soul to friends (Removal of side quests and more)

CherryHotaling

One of the huge charms of blade and soul for me was learning about the world and exploring.

I was going to try to get 3 of my friends to join, So I deleted one of my characters to start a new game.

Saw the new gunslinger and was like "Wow! cool class I will try that one before my friends join"

I started playing and was excited to see the story etc.

Then I got to the beach and I noticed something was off, a ton of missing content.

I got to the next zone with the undead and realized all the side quests are missing. All these NPC's wander around but there's no quests for them anymore.

Then I realized that all I have been doing is holding right click and mowing enemies down to get through the main quests.

There is no challenge to the game anymore because I am 6 levels ahead of all the enemies just from story quests.

I became so sad and missing all the side content and also that holding right click to mow down enemies, why would my friends join me? To help me with what? to enjoy what?

I wouldn't need their help to take on a dungeon or boss or help with side quests.

I just end up Beelining from Story quest to story quest holding right click to mow everything down.

How is this any fun anymore?

My wife and I used to play and we used to die a lot to different side quest monsters, making it fun to level up and get better gear.

There is absolutely no reason to explore anymore.

I saw the vide of them working on an unreal 4 version, its beautiful and all but why in the world would it matter if you don't even explore any of those areas anymore? What would make you stay in a zone more than 5 minutes without engaging side quests and reasons to explore every nook and cranny of an area? One good example is I think I spent 2 minutes in the Gloomdross forest, there is 2 main quests in the area, the second one you literally walk away from the camp pick something up and its done and now moving to the next area completely .... COME ON!

I hope with the unreal engine 4 implementation they will bring back side quests and a reason to play through with friends.

I am really sad and upset by this, mostly because I used to love playing in different zones for hours before moving to the next one.

Anyways thanks for listening to my rant, do any of you feel the same?

Edited by CherryHotaling

Right I get that but dont you think everything I said hurts new players incredibly from being immersed in the world?

I know my friends wont play it now that I have seen the state that it is in.

Which really hurts because I really loved this game and wanted to have my friends join me.

How I remember it, many people straight up whined and demanded that the leveling process needs to be changed and a lot of the "useless" quests removed so the developers did exactly that eventually. Removed blue quests and made story and the general leveling process more linear.

Other reason probably is that overtime when the game gets older, leveling gets eventually revamped in any case to allow people reach the new max levels faster. Unfortunate but it is what it is.

yeah, just the whole world get skipped now, all these areas of enemies etc that you never bother with anymore.

A section of warring factions that you never interact with because there's no quests for them anymore, so you just run past them ....

I just got a Story quest that just lets me windstride past all the content that used to be there. its so sad actually. Might as well cut out most of the land and make it a dungeon only game 😞

Edited by CherryHotaling

13 hours ago, Amarathiel said:

How I remember it, many people straight up whined and demanded that the leveling process needs to be changed and a lot of the "useless" quests removed so the developers did exactly that eventually. Removed blue quests and made story and the general leveling process more linear.

I remember it totally differently

The removal of the Blue or Side Quests was a huge shock to the player base and more then a few complained about it and wanted them added back into the game.

• Like 1

On 4/25/2021 at 2:08 PM, Drakor said:

I remember it totally differently

The removal of the Blue or Side Quests was a huge shock to the player base and more then a few complained about it and wanted them added back into the game.

Its nice to know that others feel the same way.

It is a bit heart breaking that all the content is removed.

I remember a quest that I now miss at the beginning of the ghost girls grave and helping her to pass on for example.

It just seems that if they put in the UE4 engine in just for graphics update without putting the blue quests back, they will be missing the point, as there will be ZERO reason for new players to even experience the world at all. They might as well make it a dungeon and Boss rush mode game only at that point 😞

• Like 1