What's the point of subscription outfits

Yasu

So, tell me NC. What's the point of purchasing a yearly subscription to obtain limited outfits, only to then see those same outfits sold for nothing.

The Silver Dragon outfit was a huge spending for me to get, I did use the subscription to my best, but I'm still irked that this outfit is now back for so cheap. This is insulting. It wasn't a RNG outfit or anything, this was an outfit that you could only get for dropping a huge bag of money. All of the other outfits given in the Anointed Outfit Selection Pouch from the Starter Bundle II are not even remotely close to what the monetary value of Silver Dragon was. Once again, I'm disappointed. 

3 minutes ago, Shekinah said:

Just have to agree. Was really weird to see that outfit there.

I'm all for obtaining outfits easily and having them come back etc but I would assume such outfit, which wasn't RNG at all, you bought it or you didn't, would NOT come back for such a cheap price.. especially since it was THE first year prem outfit . It was like a token of being a veteran. This just rubs me the wrong way.

Edited by Yasu

3 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

Wait, where can you get it now? o.o Because i dont see it anywhere lol

There is a new Starter Bundle II (F10), it has an Outfit pouch that allows you to select two outfits.

Edited by Yasu

1 minute ago, Yasu said:

There is a new Starter Bundle II, it has an Outfit pouch that allows you to select two outfits.

I see LOL...thats extremely dissapointing. We all bought the premium subscription for 1 year back then to get the exclusive outfit and now its jsut given our for cheap LOL

The most funny part is, Urban Legend was in a RNG box, then it was added to the clothing merchant, once they added it to the premium sub for 1 year it was removed from the clothing merchant. Not gonna lie, what they did now with the silver dragon made me mad. they should refund us now the 365 day sub since it was advertised with an Exclusive outfit for 365 subscribers.

16 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

I see LOL...thats extremely dissapointing. We all bought the premium subscription for 1 year back then to get the exclusive outfit and now its jsut given our for cheap LOL

The most funny part is, Urban Legend was in a RNG box, then it was added to the clothing merchant, once they added it to the premium sub for 1 year it was removed from the clothing merchant. Not gonna lie, what they did now with the silver dragon made me mad. they should refund us now the 365 day sub since it was advertised with an Exclusive outfit for 365 subscribers.

Right? It said it was EXCLUSIVE. People had an entire year to purchase it. We spent a lot of money thinking it was NEVER coming back. If I knew it would come back for so cheap, I wouldn't have wasted money on that subscription. If they had released Gold Dragon, that would've made a lot more sense.

Edit: I submitted a ticket. I asked for my money back or to remove the item. They're just mocking their veteran players at this point.

Edited by Yasu

On 1/11/2017 at 6:39 PM, Liinxy said:

Greetings,

The Silver Dragon costume will be replaced by the Samurai outfit set when the 365 Day Premium Membership is refreshed and as of right now, we don't believe it will be available again. If you want to be guaranteed the Silver Dragon costume, we do suggest purchasing it before the Samurai set takes its place.

Well, that's a big bag of disappointment. 

Another thing to note. 

There is an outfit box given by the current event that gives you nearly all the outfits you would've obtained by buying the Starter Bundle II. Just goes to show again, that the Silver Dragon should of NOT been offered in that box since it's all outfits you can obtain for free otherwise. I'm further annoyed as this goes.

fMdCrBd.png8AZiA6O.png

There never is a permanent exclusivity on certain outfits. Rather be happy that new and old players alike can enjoy the outfit and put some money into the game.

The quote even said that they are unsure if it comes back again, which is not a "Yes, we will never ever ever will bring it back again <pinkypromise> ". 

So be a good sport about it, you enjoyed it for the last 5 years . There are so many other things you should rather complain at , having some outfits coming back is certainly not one of them.

You are of course entitled to your opinion, but I would be rather happy that other people can get some cool outfits too and have some fun.

The world is bleak enough as it is.

And just for clarification, I'm also a person that played the game at release and came back  just a year ago.

On another note, what's up with my Divine Aura @Hime, still waiting for that precious beauty to be back into the store again.

Edited by Jearom

• NCSOFT
On 4/14/2021 at 12:33 PM, Yasu said:

So, tell me NC. What's the point of purchasing a yearly subscription to obtain limited outfits, only to then see those same outfits sold for nothing.

The Silver Dragon outfit was a huge spending for me to get, I did use the subscription to my best, but I'm still irked that this outfit is now back for so cheap. This is insulting. It wasn't a RNG outfit or anything, this was an outfit that you could only get for dropping a huge bag of money. All of the other outfits given in the Anointed Outfit Selection Pouch from the Starter Bundle II are not even remotely close to what the monetary value of Silver Dragon was. Once again, I'm disappointed. 

Hello Yasu,

We've temporarily removed the Starter Pack II from the Hongmoon Store to adjust the Anointed Outfit Selection Chest. We'll be removing the Silver Dragon outfit because as you mentioned, it was exclusive to the first year of Premium Membership. And for your information, the purchases of Pack II were small.

2 hours ago, Jearom said:

There never is a permanent exclusivity on certain outfits. Rather be happy that new and old players alike can enjoy the outfit and put some money into the game.

The quote even said that they are unsure if it comes back again, which is not a "Yes, we will never ever ever will bring it back again <pinkypromise> ". 

So be a good sport about it, you enjoyed it for the last 5 years . There are so many other things you should rather complain at , having some outfits coming back is certainly not one of them.

You are of course entitled to your opinion, but I would be rather happy that other people can get some cool outfits too and have some fun.

The world is bleak enough as it is.

And just for clarification, I'm also a person that played the game at release and came back  just a year ago.

On another note, what's up with my Divine Aura @Hime, still waiting for that precious beauty to be back into the store again.

I do appreciate this perspective but to Yasu's point, there are costumes that should remain exclusive like this and the Founder's Packs. Recolors however... :YeharaBig:

• Thanks 1

@Hime Okay, well that is unfortunate because I know some people who would have been happy to get that outfit.

Does that mean you will also remove the outfit of people that purchased the pack now? Because otherwise poor people like Yasu would feel that their exclusivity is endangered.

30 minutes ago, Jearom said:

@Hime Okay, well that is unfortunate because I know some people who would have been happy to get that outfit.

Does that mean you will also remove the outfit of people that purchased the pack now? Because otherwise poor people like Yasu would feel that their exclusivity is endangered.

i personally dont think it needs to be removed from those that bought it already. If the chest gets adjusted, its already good and brings back the exclusivity. Mistakes can happen. Since purchases were small, it isnt a big deal now.

I get the whole thing about the exclusivity, yet I am pretty upset that it was not announced,

I wanted to get the bundle for both my friend and myself and ordered NCoins for it,

the bundle was removed while I was waiting for the Ncoins to arrive and now I'm being denied a refund in the support.

Edited by Sparten

1 minute ago, Sparten said:

I get the whole thing about the exclusivity, yet I am pretty upset that it was not announced,

I wanted to get the bundle for both my friend and myself and ordered NCoins for it,

the bundle was removed while I was waiting for the Ncoins to arrive and now I'm being denied a refund in the support.

the bundle will be back once the chest is adjusted. So you can wait a bit and then buy it. It will still be the same just without that one costume as choice. Iexpect it to be back latest at next maintenance i would say.

1 minute ago, Grimoir said:

the bundle will be back once the chest is adjusted. So you can wait a bit and then buy it. It will still be the same just without that one costume as choice. Iexpect it to be back latest at next maintenance i would say.

I am aware that the bundle will return, the reason I wanted it however was that specific outfit. I wasn't aware about the controversity about its exclusivity as I wanted to purchase it.

On 4/16/2021 at 1:54 PM, Hime said:

Hello Yasu,

We've temporarily removed the Starter Pack II from the Hongmoon Store to adjust the Anointed Outfit Selection Chest. We'll be removing the Silver Dragon outfit because as you mentioned, it was exclusive to the first year of Premium Membership. And for your information, the purchases of Pack II were small.

I do appreciate this perspective but to Yasu's point, there are costumes that should remain exclusive like this and the Founder's Packs. Recolors however... //content.invisioncic.com/w306168/emoticons/30.png

Thank you!

On 4/17/2021 at 7:56 AM, Sparten said:

I am aware that the bundle will return, the reason I wanted it however was that specific outfit. I wasn't aware about the controversity about its exclusivity as I wanted to purchase it.

I think Hime hinted at Gold Dragon perhaps replacing Silver Dragon. We will have to see

Edited by Yasu

20 hours ago, Yasu said:

I think Hime hinted at Gold Dragon perhaps replacing Silver Dragon. We will have to see

That's fine, but i honestly couldn't care less about a golden version of that outfit.

However i care about getting my money back, this is just ridiculous. Something I want to buy disappears spontaneously from the shop and I'm being denied my refund. Should i in the future always expect that the item i want gets removed before i get to click the buy button and get scammed out of my money? 

1 hour ago, Sparten said:

That's fine, but i honestly couldn't care less about a golden version of that outfit.

However i care about getting my money back, this is just ridiculous. Something I want to buy disappears spontaneously from the shop and I'm being denied my refund. Should i in the future always expect that the item i want gets removed before i get to click the buy button and get scammed out of my money? 

Generally if you bought Ncoins from the actual NC website, they should refund you. If you bought ncoins via a code from a different site, they will not refund you.

8 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Generally if you bought Ncoins from the actual NC website, they should refund you. If you bought ncoins via a code from a different site, they will not refund you.

Bought them via the ingame store with Klarna. Support tells me that my payment option won't be refunded. It doesn't mention anywhere that this would be the case. This is extremely frustrating.

47 minutes ago, Sparten said:

Bought them via the ingame store with Klarna. Support tells me that my payment option won't be refunded. It doesn't mention anywhere that this would be the case. This is extremely frustrating.

Well...if i am not mistaking Klarna falls under Sofort....in that case it is stated:

There are some European payment methods that cannot be refunded. This includes:

PaySafeCard

SOFORT Banking

SOFORT Uberweisung

SEPA Direct Debit

Finnish E-Banking

Please ensure that if using any of the payment methods above that you are purchasing the correct item as we cannot refund any charges associated with these payment options.

Any other European payment methods such as GiroPay, iDEAL, BanContact, Dotpay, Trustly, PayPal and credit/debit card can be refunded.

• Like 1

@Jearom

It's not about not giving people outfits and it's not about not wanting people to enjoy outfits. 

It's just some people like the exclusivity of certain things as incentive to purchase. It's not an opinion, that IS the whole point of it in the first place.

It's about value, economics and such. That is how it works. 

@HimeAs I can see you resolved the issue with Silver Dragon pretty fast. What about the Samurai costume though? It was also exclusive for premium member buyers, yet it was put in trove. What are you gonna do about people who spent money for that specific costume? I even messaged your support team during trove, and all I got for an answer was to check out the forums and see if there is a topic about it. And now that I found a related topic, I'm asking you, what can be done? Since support didn't do anything for me, neither was I refunded for the crit meter not working while trove, when I bought keys... So, writing support didn't really help me at all. Hope that if more people see this, maybe something can be done about this issue, because it's been 5 years that I've been collecting these limited time costumes, yet 3 of them aren't limited anymore. (Urban Legend was also in a rng loot box, which makes it not exclusive for premium member buyers only)