Can We Get a Nerfed Dungeon Event Like the Previous Call to Arms?

CastielSeven

Alternatively, they could just buff elder scale dungeons to have acceptable drops. It was ridiculous for them to only drop 5-15 scale fragments when they were released, it's twice as ridiculous now when that tier of gear is largely outdated. The benefit of a nerfed dungeon event would be to make scale farming somewhat reasonable. Most of us have already solo farmed CC hundreds of times to farm scales for mains, it's ridiculous to have to do the same for alts when the gear is outdated already.

Elder scale dungeons should be adjusted to be more in line with the other older dungeons, dropping at least one full scale per run. I mean, WC and BC both frequently dropped 2 full scales when elder scales were brand new and onyx scales still somewhat relevant. We are already on the doorstep of an entirely new tier of scales with the next dg release.

2 hours ago, Killifishy said:

Alternatively, they could just buff elder scale dungeons to have acceptable drops. It was ridiculous for them to only drop 5-15 scale fragments when they were released, it's twice as ridiculous now when that tier of gear is largely outdated. The benefit of a nerfed dungeon event would be to make scale farming somewhat reasonable. Most of us have already solo farmed CC hundreds of times to farm scales for mains, it's ridiculous to have to do the same for alts when the gear is outdated already.

Elder scale dungeons should be adjusted to be more in line with the other older dungeons, dropping at least one full scale per run. I mean, WC and BC both frequently dropped 2 full scales when elder scales were brand new and onyx scales still somewhat relevant. We are already on the doorstep of an entirely new tier of scales with the next dg release.

Not really...its not about how outdated something is but how relevant it is. Elder scales are still needed for some end game upgrades. Until that changes there wont be a change in drops until  the new scale tier is added.

Not to mention there are multiple places to farm said elder scales and considering CC doesnt cause a wipe and with newer gear it becomes a cheese anyway it does not need a nerf.

I never said it needed a nerf, only that it's scale drops should be brought in line with the other older dungeons. It was a bad choice to limit scales as much as they did and continuing to make them a bottleneck does not help players stay interested in the game. Repeatedly grinding old content is considerably less appealing than grinding current content. It does nothing to encourage new players to stick with the game or encourage old players so invest more time/money in the game gearing more characters.

6 hours ago, Killifishy said:

I never said it needed a nerf, only that it's scale drops should be brought in line with the other older dungeons. It was a bad choice to limit scales as much as they did and continuing to make them a bottleneck does not help players stay interested in the game. Repeatedly grinding old content is considerably less appealing than grinding current content. It does nothing to encourage new players to stick with the game or encourage old players so invest more time/money in the game gearing more characters.

Personally, these are my thoughts:

1. Making dungeons drop fragments is alright, however, if the amount dropped is less than a full scale (even if its 19 fragments) its jsut an artificial way of stretching content which granted is stupid, but they havent changed it for the past few years, so you can be sure they wont change it in the future because they want you to dump as much time as they can squeeze out.

2. If they did not make it the way it is now, there would be far less party options for those dungeons. Granted most can run it solo, but still.

3. The Core requirements for accessories keep increasing, which again artificially stretches everything and gets players burned out after the first 20-30 runs of a dungeons because not only do you need 100 runs to buy it you need to do 200 runs because you need so much more cores.

I think the loot in general needs to be completely overhauled. But lets not kidd ourselves it will happen. The Core and achievement requirements need to be overhauled aswel. The goal is to keep people doing dungeon runs and keep them "interested" in it and not let them burn out after the first few runs.

Remember when dungeons regularly dropped things we needed? Remember when loot wasn't only a quarter of a scale on last boss only? Remember when dps didn't increase exponentially every other month? Remember when we didn't have 50 different rng procs on items? I digress. It's only ever getting worse, get used to it. They don't care. It's not a game, it's addiction with a job where employee is the one paying the salary.

Have a nice day! o/