Why your FPS droping and MS increasing

SamSalaBim

Hay I decided to share little bit information about "your" Pc and your needs. I will say about AM4 system only, there almost no information about that in internet so you can believe or continue to blame game. Today there is 3 motherboards chipsets for sell (320, 450, 570) all for DDR4 All for rysen etc. What they differences well its really easy PCIE Gen 2x4, 3x4, 4x4. What does its mean for you? Your PC bus speed 5k, 8k, 16k. So what?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nvidia_graphics_processing_units And everything was counting in Clock speed MT/s (Mega Transfers for a second, its not megabytes or gigabytes pleas don't misunderstood and see differences)

5k its up to GeForce GTX 980 (its last video card in Serie with 5000 MT/s

8k its up to GeForce GTX 1650

16k its from 1660, because GTX 1660 already have 10k Clock speed.

Well there lots and lots models but you got idea, so pleas if you upgrading your video card upgrade your motherboard to, they not just different cost and ram speed. 

the game is bottlenecked by singlecore cpu speed, not pcie bandwidth... 

am4 has pcie3x16 or even pcie4x16 for your gpu, but usually pcie3x8 should be enough. 

and ping has to do with the network from your pc to the bns server. 

so decreasing the distance and hops is the best way to decrease latency.

please dont confuse others.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Immunity said:

the game is bottlenecked by singlecore cpu speed, not pcie bandwidth... 

am4 has pcie3x16 or even pcie4x16 for your gpu, but usually pcie3x8 should be enough. 

and ping has to do with the network from your pc to the bns server. 

so decreasing the distance and hops is the best way to decrease latency.

please dont confuse others.

well it actually uses 3-4 cores, but some parts of the client might be limited to one core, maybe.

the ingame ping is not only issued by the network connection, when the client starts to getting bottlenecked because of the issues above, it also starts to become unable to handle the data traffic in time, which causes increase of ping (too).

But something else, for Ryzen CPU in chiplet design you should care about RAM speed, because this clock also may limit the communication between the chiplets (and Cores) of your CPU.

On 4/9/2021 at 3:35 PM, SamSalaBim said:

Hay I decided to share little bit information about "your" Pc and your needs. I will say about AM4 system only, there almost no information about that in internet so you can believe or continue to blame game. Today there is 3 motherboards chipsets for sell (320, 450, 570) all for DDR4 All for rysen etc. What they differences well its really easy PCIE Gen 2x4, 3x4, 4x4. What does its mean for you? Your PC bus speed 5k, 8k, 16k. So what?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nvidia_graphics_processing_units And everything was counting in Clock speed MT/s (Mega Transfers for a second, its not megabytes or gigabytes pleas don't misunderstood and see differences)

5k its up to GeForce GTX 980 (its last video card in Serie with 5000 MT/s

8k its up to GeForce GTX 1650

16k its from 1660, because GTX 1660 already have 10k Clock speed.

Well there lots and lots models but you got idea, so pleas if you upgrading your video card upgrade your motherboard to, they not just different cost and ram speed. 

Almost nothing of this post makes any sense. I'm going to tear your post apart. First off, there's TONS of info out there about AM4 Socket CPUs...not sure how you failed to find info.

There are far more then three motherboard chipsets for AM4 Sockets as well, though 300 series (A300, A320, B350 and X370) are pretty much obsolete at this point. But right there is FOUR chipsets. 400 series has just the B450 and X470...older hardware but still compatible with a lot of Ryzen CPUs. And the most current ones, the 500 series, with A520, B550, and X570 chipsets. Both 300 and 400 series are PCIe Gen 3.0, and 500 is PCIe Gen 4.0, the current standard for PCIe. The x4 or x8 part after the gen indicates the number of data lanes available...virtually all motherboards these days will have, at minimum, a single x4 slot, and a single x16 slot which is commonly used for GPUs.

Getting a new motherboard if you're upgrading a GPU is very situational. If you're on some ancient, pre-AM4 motherboard, odds are you're looking to replace the whole thing anyways. If you got a X470 board like I got? I could get almost any GPU upgrade right now and it would be perfectly fine. Maybe it would struggle to use a RTX 3080 or 3090 at its full potential, but only the highest end CPUs can really use it at maximum anyways.

I choose to blame the game, because it has clear optimization issues. A Ryzen 7 2700X and GTX 1060 should not struggle to run this game. While my RAM is not the best, I do not believe upgrading to DDR4-3000 or 3200 over my current 2400 sticks would suddenly make the game run flawlessly. Upgrades can only carry you so far when the game itself has issues.

That was nice... But you sed completely nothing... i don't sed "you cant run" You can like I can run this game even better with my gen 2 motherboard and Geforce 740. Pleas write your I writed mine. Pleas write your differences with your "more motherboard chipsets", I don't trying to list them all, just saying that there is 3 who makes biggest differences. You still don't get what I writing, so again to 1st class sorry its not VIP lodge its plackart from school. So:

PCIE Gen 2x4 have 5k MT/s its 5000 connections with motherboard in 1 second;

PCIE Gen 3x4 have 8k MT/s its 8000 connections with motherboard in 1 second;

PCIE Gen 4x4 have 16k MT/s its 16000 connection with motherboard in 1 second;

Video Card was measured up to 14k Clock speed, its mean its uses up to 14000 circles as uses clock in 1 second, from that was (clock speed), if you still don't get it 1 circle starting at its sending request and ending at it getting what requested, its size can be up to 32 Gigabytes in total 1 second of packets.

YES you can put 14k Clock speed video card in 2x4 (5k) motherboard, YES its gonna work, but its gonna work for you on 5k Clock speed there is no rum for 14k. So if your system 8k and your video 10k and you "trying increase your clock speed" in reality you doing nothing, that was your bottleneck, all what you gonna get increasing your MS, its like you trying move 10k+ cars from town in streets where is 8k maximum possible, They building 3 levels roads and highways around city's for that.

In which exactly part you " I'm going to tear your post apart"? To saying there is RAM and Processor?

Can some mod here pls remove this thread ? This guy is just confusing players with less technical knowledge. The performance of this game or any other game has nothing to do with the Mainbaord. It was tested even in the worst case scenario the difference of PCIE 4 and PCIE 1.1 is like 14 fps in high demanding games.

I dont feel like this belongs here in the forum.

Well test its not actual event, At "testing programs" from Geforce 740 to Geforce 1050Ti its 2.5 times increase of frames, at my system, but in reality I have Gen 2 motherboard with 5k, at 740 it using 100 % video and 40% my processor, at 1050Ti its using 40%-50% of both and newer more, yes in game I got some increase in some rare places, but mostly its staying same as before - 740 its 5k, 1050Ti its 7k. I will write what gonna be latter when I change my system and my video will be still 1050Ti.

No one, I repeat, NO ONE, is using a x4 PCIe slot for GPUs to begin with, unless you're doing some odd cryptomining set up. So even discussing those is a pointless endeavor. Gamers are universally using a x16 slot...and even the mighty RTX 3080 cannot fully utilize it a Gen 4x16 PCIe slot. The x4 or x16 or whatever refers to how many data lanes the port has.

Again, the issues with the game have little to do with hardware. Your posts continue to make zero sense and are spam. Reported.

That was very cool from you to be SO enthusiastic, but  instead drooping your "OPINION", prove it in facts and numbers. I write something at physically so YOU give something to, now you sound like another angry kid with his anger why sun started new day and he cant sleep longer. And there entire internet for chats like yours now Prove IT.

Right... now anyone can see WHY no one bother to explain anything to anyone anymore. Even when "you" asking "is there optimization now for PCIE In Gen 4? for 3.0 video card series" "yes their are" well YOU NEED IT with 1660 and up video cards already 3th year...

Edited by SamSalaBim

1 hour ago, SamSalaBim said:

That was very cool from you to be SO enthusiastic, but  instead drooping your "OPINION", prove it in facts and numbers. I write something at physically so YOU give something to, now you sound like another angry kid with his anger why sun started new day and he cant sleep longer. And there entire internet for chats like yours now Prove IT.

1 hour ago, SamSalaBim said:

Right... now anyone can see WHY no one bother to explain anything to anyone anymore. Even when "you" asking "is there optimization now for PCIE In Gen 4? for 3.0 video card series" "yes their are" well YOU NEED IT with 1660 and up video cards already 3th year...

You're continuing to make absolutely no sense. I'm not angry at all, either: I'm correcting massively incorrect info that you're providing. Even if you had the most absolutely top of the line hardware, it will make minimal difference in this game as is due to the lackluster performance of Unreal Engine 3 in general. You also seem to have absolutely zero understanding of the differences between FPS and MS. FPS is simply how many frames the game is managing to 'draw' per second. MS is your ping. Your internet connection, NOT your hardware dictates that.

Facts DUDE Facts, u making completely no sense at all. I DONT have using Unreal Engine 3 at my system limit, its starting  at 3.5 MH processor and 1660, and its already 10k connection with motherboard at that moment. Why u so scary to write your system parameters here to prove you "right". And you new user so u just don't know how PCs works when its lags and what "tests" results at that moment was. Plug and Play at windows was really nice, but people like you stucks on them.

3 hours ago, LynMasterRace said:

No one, I repeat, NO ONE, is using a x4 PCIe slot for GPUs to begin with, unless you're doing some odd cryptomining set up. So even discussing those is a pointless endeavor. Gamers are universally using a x16 slot...and even the mighty RTX 3080 cannot fully utilize it a Gen 4x16 PCIe slot. The x4 or x16 or whatever refers to how many data lanes the port has.

Again, the issues with the game have little to do with hardware. Your posts continue to make zero sense and are spam. Reported.

And what exactly do you mean by that? I see just "Need and integration" They made 10k video cards same year they released 16k motherboard connections, Today people care less to "make max" care more about electricity, so they released lower motherboard separately from main line with 8 and 4 to stop waste power on what you don't need. No one releasing 10X parameter just because they can, its gonna cost fortune and no one gonna buy them, well maybe you, geforce 5.0 video Serie card with 3k EU and gonna put 14k connectors in 8k system.

• Luumi locked this topic