Suggestions and bugs

Sudhri

So, I had some thoughts, I'm sure others do too. Feel free to add on, after all a gm said to post such things here.

The cores: Draken, Hellion, Imperial, Sovereign, and Sanctum. How about an exchange for later in the game, 4 Draken to 1 Imperial, 4 hellion to 1 Imperial, 4 Imperial to 1 Sovereign, 4 Sovereign to 1 Sanctum. Right now some of them are just building up and taking up space, why not make them slightly useful, since like most things, they are untradeable.

The in game npc merchant economy, please, please, please, at least up date it with a high school level of economics. This is just my take, but the buy back by merchants is extremely under thought, or perhaps the one who designed it simply failed high school econ. Either way, assigning a progressive value to things based on level should be simple enough, after all we are keenly aware that items are worth more than one copper.

Daily quests are limited to 40, why? Shouldn't that cap be removed by now?

Item selling to npcs is limited to 1000, why is that cap even there given how horrid the game economic system is?

Trove events: 1 star 75%, 2 stars 15%, 3 stars 7%, 4 stars 3%. This is just my suggestion as by my calculations, 2700 keys and 6 3 stars equates to  .2% repeating. That doesn't even count what might show up in the row, since there are multiple items per tier.  Which lowers the chance even more for any of those top tier items. It wouldn't hurt ncsoft to actually scam people during these things, well, unless you just like to gamble. 
However, all of the material drops were very nice, if a bit meager. The outfits were very nice as well, minus the samurai armor. . .which doesn't even look like samurai armor.  The mastery scrolls were perhaps some of the best drops along with the illusion weapons, materials coming in at the end. My suggestion would be to slightly increase the quantity of materials, to include scales for the tier 1, do outfits for tier two (what ever is old and not in the shop - this should add a huge variety), and make tier 3 high end illusion weapons and such as well as breakthrough materials and such, and make tier 4 the special stuff like the high end souls, hearts, etc. I'm sure others have ideas as well. One thing that certainly needs to be made sure of is the apparent crit meter and ironing out any bugs via play testing before any event release. 

Designer threads, if possible it would be nice to be able to acquire these a bit more often. Quite a few outfits are rather hard to get, but hardly any of them are salvageable. I would suggest the outfits that take 8 or more runs through a dungeon to get to be salvageable for one or two threads.

The armory box event. This is so far an amazing event, save for one thing. People who would need the boost, namely new players or those who just finished the story, probably wont be able to get the remnants needed each day for the key with out pugging and being carried. Granted I can solo enough of the dungeons and dailies to get the coins, but I'm fairly decently geared for three weeks of playing and having started at level 1. Perhaps allowing for any daily quest to give 5 remnants minimum, at times 40, this would allow at least the starting players to amass at least have the cost of the key by farming dungeons they can handle. Still, if done that way it would take them twice the time to get to chest 12, ie, 24 days. Regardless, it would still be beneficial to them.

There is a bug in Nyaru Sanctum, when running up the pillar to the lightning robot wolf which can teleport you back down to the lower center area and lock up your combat functions. I'm not sure how exactly it happened other than I was jumping off the pillar to the top area, went through the door, and was suddenly below. All combat functions would not work and frame rates dropped to the 20's. I wish I could tell you how to repeat it so that it could be solved. 

The chocolate event was amazing, relaxing, and enjoyable. Bravo on that one. I have no ideas for improving that.

The walk meshes in Khandar Vihar could use some attention. There are multiple areas where you cannot cross the flat terrain without getting stuck and having to back travel, the same goes for the lvl 56 raid there (dawn of khanda vihar). 

Dragon pouches are character bound and not account bound, this is rather confusing since they are mostly a cash shop item. 

Feathers, celestial, raven, hive queen. These have limited uses and tend to cluster and pile up in the inventory. Perhaps adding a material box of two to the coin merchants for them would be a good idea. Scales seem to be the more irritating thing to acquire, but any materials would be nice, just to clear them out and make them semi useful in higher levels. Or perhaps make a wheel of fortune for them and some random drops like materials, naryu coins, dungeon outfits, and such. (Obviously from the dungeons you acquire them at). 

A vast majority of things are bound to character, perhaps that could be examined and adjusted some. There are things where it doesn't even make sense why it's bound to character. 

Well, that's all I can think of at the moment. If I find more bugs or come up with other ideas I'll just add to this bit. 

5 hours ago, Sudhri said:

Trove events: 1 star 75%, 2 stars 15%, 3 stars 7%, 4 stars 3%. This is just my suggestion as by my calculations, 2700 keys and 6 3 stars equates to  .2% repeating. That doesn't even count what might show up in the row, since there are multiple items per tier.  Which lowers the chance even more for any of those top tier items. It wouldn't hurt ncsoft to actually scam people during these things, well, unless you just like to gamble. 
However, all of the material drops were very nice, if a bit meager. The outfits were very nice as well, minus the samurai armor. . .which doesn't even look like samurai armor.  The mastery scrolls were perhaps some of the best drops along with the illusion weapons, materials coming in at the end. My suggestion would be to slightly increase the quantity of materials, to include scales for the tier 1, do outfits for tier two (what ever is old and not in the shop - this should add a huge variety), and make tier 3 high end illusion weapons and such as well as breakthrough materials and such, and make tier 4 the special stuff like the high end souls, hearts, etc. I'm sure others have ideas as well. One thing that certainly needs to be made sure of is the apparent crit meter and ironing out any bugs via play testing before any event release. 

Things are already classified in tiers. You have a pool for each star crit and items are randomly chosen out of that pool. Overall i dont think trove needs much changes, except maybe re-clasify the worth of the items. Gems and Gear items should still be extremely rare.

Designer threads, if possible it would be nice to be able to acquire these a bit more often. Quite a few outfits are rather hard to get, but hardly any of them are salvageable. I would suggest the outfits that take 8 or more runs through a dungeon to get to be salvageable for one or two threads.

Designer threads are part of the RNG Costume box, and only costumes salvaged from those boxes give designer threads. This way, costumes from rng boxes "retain their worth" and it is not unfair towards those that got them from said boxes for money. If you would allow them to be obtainable as you say, that would be hugely unfair to those whos only choice to get said outfits was money.

The armory box event. This is so far an amazing event, save for one thing. People who would need the boost, namely new players or those who just finished the story, probably wont be able to get the remnants needed each day for the key with out pugging and being carried. Granted I can solo enough of the dungeons and dailies to get the coins, but I'm fairly decently geared for three weeks of playing and having started at level 1. Perhaps allowing for any daily quest to give 5 remnants minimum, at times 40, this would allow at least the starting players to amass at least have the cost of the key by farming dungeons they can handle. Still, if done that way it would take them twice the time to get to chest 12, ie, 24 days. Regardless, it would still be beneficial to them.

The idea of the event is not so people get carried everywhere. New players can form their won parties and complete the dungeons needed for it easily as they do not require that much DPS.  No one has to carry you through anything, if you think you deserve to be carried you are just feeling entitled to something you are not.

Dragon pouches are character bound and not account bound, this is rather confusing since they are mostly a cash shop item. 

the reason is as there are some quests and events that grant there so to avoid missuse they are char bound.

For the rest i mostly agree with what you mentioned.

• NCSOFT

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestions and feedback. I would recommend creating separate topics for specific bug reports in the dedicated subforum. This makes it alot more efficient to forward and discuss.

:HajoonCheer: