Blade and Soul Unreal Engine 4 - Big Change

SylviaSoul

1 hour ago, SylviaSoul said:

Now, they announced... It will be launched in Q3... what the heck... Q3?! ... sigh...

https://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/unreal-engine-4-coming-q3-2021/

Really? Q3 is July, August, September. KR Is getting it in June at the end of Q2 that's really not all that bad. We're already in March near the end of Q1 2021. Patience cricket! NA will see it within the next 6 months.

If anything players should start coming back now, grinding, and catching up for rather than wait and come back at launch and hope for some catch up event or to enjoy the launch to the fullest without being held back by gear or less of a chance of being unable to enjoy what you want.

Edited by LordSwift
  • Like 2

Great news!!!

for all those who still crying cheater game or dead game pls delete your Account!

we wait so long and now they they bring it 🙌

Bunch of players are waiting for ue4 ...we will see how much psw they will in the future...but prio is for me no läggs not much cheater und a nice gameplay...cant wait !!!

• Like 1

The Plan to Improve

We understood the problems but changing the game engine would mean resetting the development environment.

We believed it would be best for our fans and our future, but this would mean starting from scratch to realign our development pipelines. It would mean a lot of hard work.

So that is what we did.

This is from the page..and makes me worry. Is our BNS going to be reset, or can we continue to play the same dungeons with the same progress we currently have.

10 hours ago, sFMos said:

Stay in denial then and act like the game isn't dead..

The paid cheat program has more active members than this game.

And it's basically because there's no other game atm..
Also was hoping ncsoft would one day wake up and see what a mess the game became, and actually start doing something about it..
But that hope is faded, now just waiting for a new game rly..
Not gonna spend a single penny on this one anymore.

i sent them a ticket before i rage quit for the 2nd time years ago. i said: "this game was fun before. you guys are ruining this game", etc.

guess they didn't even want to listen to players.

look at now. only single server, and still feels so quiet. feels so dead. so different compared to 2017-2018.
it's kinda heartbreaking whenever i play my astromancer.

Edited by josher
correction
  • Like 1

I cannot ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ believe it. They actually did the impossible. These  ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ are actually upgrading Blade and Soul to UE4. It wasn't a meme. It was real. This means that from literally 2018 until now, they have released content for Blade and Soul all year every year, and at the same time worked on the UE4 upgrade. You guys have to read the Revival news thing they have put together. They really have been listening. I really thought we were delusional, for hoping that something might happen. That they might actually pull this off. But they did. This is it. This is the moment we've been waiting for. Blade and Soul is back. It's time for the Revival.

• Like 1

On 3/5/2021 at 9:19 PM, SylviaSoul said:

That is what I'm afraid of. I search some KR UE4 ver. playing on YouTube... The new look of those characters is like those in Black Desert Online, which I don't like. If I have to pay for appearance changes for all of my characters... I'll probably be away from this one and wait till BS2.

As someone who returned to BDO recently im afraid thats not true. The BDO characters still look more realistic and show more emotion even when standing still. Based on Frontier BnS and  the new UE4 Trailer the BnS characters are still emotionless outside of emotes and still look plastic dolls.

And i doubt the characters will be changed dramatically.

23 hours ago, sFMos said:

Why bother with ue4, the game is dead.. and all that's left is a bunch of cheating little kids who after a year still aren't banned..

Ncsoft already made everyone quit..

Not just by not banning cheaters, but also their endless p2w bs... terrible balance.. terrible servers etc.

The game isnt dead, its in  a rapid decline however.

And your attitude is extremepy pathetic if i may add.

Your attitude wont make NCsoft wake up, but ignore you as you offer nothing to anyone in these forums.

The BnS franchise already shot itself in the leg, and it will never recover, and any logical person knows that, but ur attitude damnnnn

let people be happy something positive happens, nancy.

19 hours ago, Rmccn08 said:

I cannot ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ believe it. They actually did the impossible. These mother ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ are actually upgrading Blade and Soul to UE4. It wasn't a meme. It was real. This means that from literally 2018 until now, they have released content for Blade and Soul all year every year, and at the same time worked on the UE4 upgrade. You guys have to read the Revival news thing they have put together. They really have been listening. I really thought we were delusional, for hoping that something might happen. That they might actually pull this off. But they did. This is it. This is the moment we've been waiting for. Blade and Soul is back. It's time for the Revival.

While i understand your excitement, Blade and Soul wont be saved with a UE4 release.

They need to fundamentally change how upgrading works, stats, hongmoon store, new player friendliness etc..

There was never a reason to doubt UE4s arrival honestly. Them being mostly silent in 2020 over it was a good move.

'Dont reveal anything unless u can deliver' is the best way to do things, and NCsoft did it properly.

19 hours ago, moveZneedle said:

As someone who returned to BDO recently im afraid thats not true. The BDO characters still look more realistic and show more emotion even when standing still. Based on Frontier BnS and  the new UE4 Trailer the BnS characters are still emotionless outside of emotes and still look plastic dolls.

Your attitude wont make NCsoft wake up, but ignore you as you offer nothing to anyone in these forums.

The BnS franchise already shot itself in the leg, and it will never recover, and any logical person knows that, but ur attitude damnnnn

So what i say is true, but i'm not allowed to say it.. cause it might hurt some peoples feefies..

And the game is as good as dead.. 
To get people to return, they would need to promise a lot of changes... and even if they did... they never do what they say anyway..

Ncsoft broke lots of promises by now..

Wish there would be a good reason to be happy.. 

And as someone who been playing ncsoft games since lineage2.. it's hard to trust anything they say..

Everytime their game is at a stage between life and death, they let people completely destroy what's left of it.

Lineage 2 had cheaters for years..

Aion, their abyss list was infected with cheaters for years.. whole clans were cheating in dungeons..

People used glidehack to escape death in pvp..

And ncsoft just ignored it..

Just like they do now, with bns.

2 hours ago, moveZneedle said:

As someone who returned to BDO recently im afraid thats not true. The BDO characters still look more realistic and show more emotion even when standing still.

So what? People need to like the look! Realistic images? I get those every morning when I look in the mirror and I truly don't need that in my game! So look into other games, When WoW had it's massive impact to the mmorpgs over 15 years ago, it wasn't for the realistic look either.

Anyway, I can't help myself, the mind-numbing gameplay I experienced in  BoD quite at the beginning broke it for me, no mater what graphics or not. 

And if you want "realistic" graphics, you should go for TESO, you will have the chance to run around in rugs as much as you like. Some like it, I do not.

So for now I prefer to run around in the unrealistic cool outfits BnS has to offer and look forward what 2021 will bring.

33 minutes ago, Belido said:

So what? People need to like the look! Realistic images? I get those every morning when I look in the mirror and I truly don't need that in my game! So look into other games, When WoW had it's massive impact to the mmorpgs over 15 years ago, it wasn't for the realistic look either.

Anyway, I can't help myself, the mind-numbing gameplay I experienced in  BoD quite at the beginning broke it for me, no mater what graphics or not. 

And if you want "realistic" graphics, you should go for TESO, you will have the chance to run around in rugs as much as you like. Some like it, I do not.

So for now I prefer to run around in the unrealistic cool outfits BnS has to offer and look forward what 2021 will bring.

Nah nah, BDO literally has the best graphics of any MMO on the market right now, hands down. They are super realistic. But who cares, UE4 is here. Stop your whining and complaining, it's time to celebrate!

Brings me back to Aion days where they "upgraded" the character creation with the engine update and as a result left many botched characters.... even with the free vouchers.

That's when I stopped playing, completely. I was never able to get any of my characters right again. I hope that does not happen here.

6 minutes ago, marshmallow said:

Brings me back to Aion days where they "upgraded" the character creation with the engine update and as a result left many botched characters.... even with the free vouchers.

For me it brings back old memories of the long gone Vanguard - Saga of Heroes, they told us, they'd remove some bones and triangles to optimize performance. The result was quite ugly and hard to adjust through settings. But nevermind,  performance of the game was still crap and it was shut down a few years after.

59 minutes ago, Rmccn08 said:

Nah nah, BDO literally has the best graphics of any MMO on the market right now, hands down. They are super realistic. But who cares, UE4 is here. Stop your whining and complaining, it's time to celebrate!

OK, we got different ideas of realistic graphics I guess, but nvm that's not why we are here. We are looking for a proper BnS UE4 client!

On 3/6/2021 at 12:36 AM, Grimoir said:

A lot of players that quit was due to performance, not that the game is p2w or cheaters because a lot of the players dont really care.

Once ue4 comes and the performance will actually be really improved i am sure a lot will come back to play.

Thats true, most of my friends(i was the last one playing by the time i quit) quit the game cuz of poor perfomance, imagine having a nice machine and still need to play around settings to make game "playable"...

As the UE4 update arrives, friends also willing to comeback if everything go fine with the update.

I will definitely comeback when UE4 arrives, and if it solves most of the current problems, I will return to main this game ofc. This is a great game with a irreplaceable combat system, really couldn't find another game having such combat mechanics where skills matters. (don't talk about dash or dodge mechanics of other games, they are incomparable to the block and resist mechanics of bns).

Edited by IAmWho
  • Like 1

On 3/7/2021 at 1:35 AM, Belido said:

Ugh.. You lost me at 'so what?'

BDO and BnS characters dont look similar at all.

I also never said what i wanted. So its just you jumping to conclusions for reasons unknown or ure simply taking your anger on me? idk fam.

I like how characters look now, i also like how characters look like on UE4..so far.

Wether i dislike it or not depends on how my preset will look like at June on the korean servers.

Thankfully i got friends from Korea so im not worried about something so minimal, knowing BnS has larger problems than wether graphics and characters look realistic or not~

On 3/6/2021 at 11:26 PM, sFMos said:

So what i say is true, but i'm not allowed to say it.. cause it might hurt some peoples feefies..

And the game is as good as dead.. 
To get people to return, they would need to promise a lot of changes... and even if they did... they never do what they say anyway..

Ncsoft broke lots of promises by now..

Wish there would be a good reason to be happy.. 

And as someone who been playing ncsoft games since lineage2.. it's hard to trust anything they say..

Everytime their game is at a stage between life and death, they let people completely destroy what's left of it.

Lineage 2 had cheaters for years..

Aion, their abyss list was infected with cheaters for years.. whole clans were cheating in dungeons..

People used glidehack to escape death in pvp..

And ncsoft just ignored it..

Just like they do now, with bns.

BnS suffers from the same things like Aion and its not hackers. Its management.

They simply dont care about the player experience, and thats the fact.

They keep releasing unnecessery new item slots, and bns is more pay2win than mobile games, the community is toxic and they keep nerfing gains from lower entry dungeons which hurts new players as if the community didnt do it enough.

Im happy theres UE4 but im also not a sheep to think it will solve BnS's most major problems, for starters they gotta get rid of the NCWest CEO, and get someone who cares about the gaming experience not the mess they got at their offices now. I havent heard any good word from ex-NCwest employees the last 3 years.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, moveZneedle said:

Ugh.. You lost me at 'so what?'

BDO and BnS characters dont look similar at all.

I also never said what i wanted. So its just you jumping to conclusions for reasons unknown or ure simply taking your anger on me? idk fam.

I like how characters look now, i also like how characters look like on UE4..so far.

Wether i dislike it or not depends on how my preset will look like at June on the korean servers.

Thankfully i got friends from Korea so im not worried about something so minimal, knowing BnS has larger problems than wether graphics and characters look realistic or not~

This was not meant as an attack. It was just a viewpoint, and ofc those character are not looking the same, but realism alone will not safe a game either. So it doesn't matter what you  or I like most, it must be liked by a playerbase solid enough to run a mmorpg with.

On 3/6/2021 at 3:39 PM, moveZneedle said:

As someone who has played BDO the past 4 years I agree that their graphics by far are impeccable. As far as emotion I'm not sure about that because their faces to me don't seem to show expression like BnS characters do when they do their idle pose. When BDO characters idle pose they dont make any faces if I'm not mistaken its a blank expression. The "Plastic dolls" comment i can agree bns characters have a doll like cartoon look but thats what I love about BnS character design, I don't always want to play a game where the characters look like real humans. theres enough games on the market that utilize that aesthetic already, it's just BDO dam near perfected it. I have been playing bns for 4 days now. I quit back in 2017 and I am excited for UE4 and they claim to fix the optimization and thats all I care about. As far as p2w most people aren't bothered by that I believe. I mean look at BDO. Player base is great and they have plenty of so called p2w aspects but alot of people don't seem to care to the point of quitting sao i think bns may revive itself solely from optimization fixes but thats just my opinion please don't attack me >.< But i just wanted to share my thoughts with you.