Blade and Soul Unreal Engine 4 - Big Change

SylviaSoul

Hi Everyone, 

It's official that B&S NA will update UE4 soon! (https://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/unreal-engine-4-coming-2021/)

I saw the KR version of UE4. Characters would look quite differently! My question is... Would we get a free Character Alteration Voucher? Has anyone been to KR servers experiencing it? If not, and if my old characters look ugly under UE4, I have to pay for vouchers for all my characters???? That would be a disaster...

Any thoughts?

27 minutes ago, SylviaSoul said:

Hi Everyone, 

It's official that B&S NA will update UE4 soon! (https://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/unreal-engine-4-coming-2021/)

I saw the KR version of UE4. Characters would look quite differently! My question is... Would we get a free Character Alteration Voucher? Has anyone been to KR servers experiencing it? If not, and if my old characters look ugly under UE4, I have to pay for vouchers for all my characters???? That would be a disaster...

Any thoughts?

yes, there been already some posts about this, even from me!

the only true question is: we got Friday now, where is our news update?

PS: free Character Alteration Voucher would be always welcome, I need plenty anyway

48 minutes ago, Belido said:

the only true question is: we got Friday now, where is our news update?

I think you need to wait for the right time in their time zone not NA one. The announcement i think is supposed to come from NC HQ in KR.

1 hour ago, SylviaSoul said:

Hi Everyone, 

Any thoughts?

Aion couple of years ago had a character model upgrade, and the results were so bad everyone got outraged and NCWest gave everyone a free voucher..

However..NCWest has only gotten worse in terms of hearing their players, i dont expect any free voucher, probably a sale.

2 hours ago, moveZneedle said:

Aion couple of years ago had a character model upgrade, and the results were so bad everyone got outraged and NCWest gave everyone a free voucher..

However..NCWest has only gotten worse in terms of hearing their players, i dont expect any free voucher, probably a sale.

That is what I'm afraid of. I search some KR UE4 ver. playing on YouTube... The new look of those characters is like those in Black Desert Online, which I don't like. If I have to pay for appearance changes for all of my characters... I'll probably be away from this one and wait till BS2.

3 hours ago, Grimoir said:

I think you need to wait for the right time in their time zone not NA one. The announcement i think is supposed to come from NC HQ in KR.

Their time is ahead of us... They will be in Saturday this evening NA time....

Why bother with ue4, the game is dead.. and all that's left is a bunch of cheating little kids who after a year still aren't banned..

Ncsoft already made everyone quit..

Not just by not banning cheaters, but also their endless p2w bs... terrible balance.. terrible servers etc.

1 hour ago, sFMos said:

Why bother with ue4, the game is dead.. and all that's left is a bunch of cheating little kids who after a year still aren't banned..

Not just by not banning cheaters, but also their endless p2w bs... terrible balance.. terrible servers etc.

Chance is extremely big that UE4 port will no linger have working xml edits which means all those "cheats" will be useless if they do not use the XML files anymore.

7 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

Chance is extremely big that UE4 port will no linger have working xml edits which means all those "cheats" will be useless if they do not use the XML files anymore.

That would be nice, but they'll find a new way to cheat..
And that won't solve the wintrading in arena either... 
Nor the p2w that keeps getting worse every update..
Doubt many people that quit for these problems will return to the game with ue4.. why spend time on a game if the owner won't even ban cheaters for over a year.. just cause "whales are muh income" 

1 hour ago, sFMos said:

May I ask why you even bother to visit this forum, if the game is such a dead thing? Stop wasting your time! Just don't look behind, leave it and be gone.

Edited by Belido

4 minutes ago, Belido said:

May I ask why you even bother to visit this forum, if the game is such a dead thing? Stop wasting your time! Just don't look behind, leave it and be gone.

Stay in denial then and act like the game isn't dead..

The paid cheat program has more active members than this game.

And it's basically because there's no other game atm..
Also was hoping ncsoft would one day wake up and see what a mess the game became, and actually start doing something about it..
But that hope is faded, now just waiting for a new game rly..
Not gonna spend a single penny on this one anymore.

Edited by sFMos
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Belido said:

So this is your goal, interesting!

The goal is for ncsoft to wake up and stop destroying their game, or letting 12 year old cheating kids do it for them.

Like i care if you think the game is dead or not... like i gain anything from that.

And i understand you cannot ban all cheaters... but if they are doing it in the open... or on video, and are still playing a damn year later... then something is obviously wrong with the way they handle cheating.

Edited by sFMos

A lot of players that quit was due to performance, not that the game is p2w or cheaters because a lot of the players dont really care.

Once ue4 comes and the performance will actually be really improved i am sure a lot will come back to play.

8 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

A lot of players that quit was due to performance, not that the game is p2w or cheaters because a lot of the players dont really care.

Once ue4 comes and the performance will actually be really improved i am sure a lot will come back to play.

That's just part of why people quit, they did quit cause of the cheating, wintrading and p2w as well.. (ofc especially pvpers)
Also because of the ridiculous amount of things to upgrade in the game, etc..

And the performance problems been ignored by ncsoft for a long time, no word on it at all from them..

So why would people bother playing again, if the chance exists it will be good at the start... then get terrible over time.. and ncsoft will just ignore it again.
To keep players, and to have them return to the game... you must show you give a f...
And ncsoft shown time after time, that they don't care about EU players..

This problem existed when i played Lineage2... when i played Aion... and now again in this game.

Edited by sFMos

14 minutes ago, Wolfengel said:

Okay, the news from friday (NA) / saturday (EU) is very, hmmm, informative.

Come there something more on information? e.g. videos, pictures etc.

guess true info can be expected in summer 2021 when KR getting this update.

29 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

lol not in this life

23 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

Maybe all versions will get the update at the same time o.o

in some gaming website they called summer 2021 for KR.

meanwhile I found a little video (well I'd loved to see some real raid situations but nvm)

[B&S] Blade & Soul'Taedongrok' UE4 official teasing video

1 hour ago, Wolfengel said:

Okay, the news from friday (NA) / saturday (EU) is very, hmmm, informative.

Come there something more on information? e.g. videos, pictures etc.

for you some more video stuff I found:

[B&S] Blade & Soul'Tae Dongrok' UE4 asynchronous loading official teasing video

[B&S] Blade & Soul'Taedongrok' art official teasing video

[B&S] Blade & Soul'Taedongrok' UE4 optimization official teasing video