Really wanting the Transcendence Outfit

Candy Cummings

There are a ton of fun looking cosmetics in the game and so much content for me to play as a returning player but there is something i always have wondered.

Back in the day when this was released on pc for the west there were unique outfits you could only obtain by pre purchasing the game which also gave you access to the beta, unfortunately i was too late with this and missed out. Its been years now.

So for the people who missed out, could there be an option to buy the exclusive outfits such as transcendence which i really wish to have. A sort of go back in time cosmetic shop where this is made possible for purchase? Today we have so much already and new stuff incoming, but for collecting purposes and wishes, shouldnt be this a fun option for people to obtain things from the past? Many wishes including mine could be furfilled.

I certainly hope not. they were one of the reasons people bought the founder packs. If they would release them now to everyone that would be completely unfair to those who purchased them. I am sorry you missed out but thats how it is. Other games also do not offer founder exlusive items for everyone because they missed out.

• Like 1

How many founders are still playing the game? Since the launch of this game NC has turned around in many aspects of the "original intended way how things work in this game", especially in the shop. Nothing is set for eternity, I don't see any problem here as long as the price is somehow comparable to the original one. It's easy money for NC to make.

Just my opinion as a founder.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nemises said:

How many founders are still playing the game? Since the launch of this game NC has turned around in many aspects of the "original intended way how things work in this game", especially in the shop. Nothing is set for eternity, I don't see any problem here as long as the price is somehow comparable to the original one. It's easy money for NC to make.

Just my opinion as a founder.

It does not matter how many are still playing. What matters is it was advertised as an Exclusive item which would not be available by any other means..

It would be flat out scamming if they released it for everyone. If they wanna release it they better give everyone the 100$ refunds they spent on the founder items.

This is the announcement that was done for the founder pack costumes:

"In addition to the basic benefits and bonuses, the Master pack also includes costumes and weapon skins that are exclusive to the Master Founder’s Pack, and will never be obtainable again."

• Like 1

I just want to say, that I personally dislike all the early access special cash cow offers.

This sadly remember me to actions when SOE still been existing and had whatever offers for EQ-next and the game was dead before it actually arrived.

A founder here still playing on and off...

It is unfair, because first most of the outfits in this game are timed gated or limited. Granted, most of the outfits do come out again once in a while.

Secondly, with the Master Pack (where you get the Transcendence outfit from) it was stated that it was only for that pack and will not be obtainable again.

Taken from here: https://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/founders-pack-last-chance/

"In addition to the basic benefits and bonuses, the Master pack also includes costumes and weapon skins that are exclusive to the Master Founder’s Pack, and will never be obtainable again."

Edited by marshmallow

On 3/4/2021 at 12:21 PM, Candy Cummings said:

There are a ton of fun looking cosmetics in the game and so much content for me to play as a returning player but there is something i always have wondered.

Back in the day when this was released on pc for the west there were unique outfits you could only obtain by pre purchasing the game which also gave you access to the beta, unfortunately i was too late with this and missed out. Its been years now.

So for the people who missed out, could there be an option to buy the exclusive outfits such as transcendence which i really wish to have. A sort of go back in time cosmetic shop where this is made possible for purchase? Today we have so much already and new stuff incoming, but for collecting purposes and wishes, shouldnt be this a fun option for people to obtain things from the past? Many wishes including mine could be furfilled.

No. they are exclusive for a reason.

They might release a recolor of it. but the actual original version of these costumes should remain exclusive to those of us who purchased the most expensive founders pack.

20 hours ago, moveZneedle said:

They might release a recolor of it. but the actual original version of these costumes should remain exclusive to those of us who purchased the most expensive founders pack.

I would be down for a recolor, i hope they do. if the original upsets the owners too much. Keep it exclusive.

21 hours ago, moveZneedle said:

Doubt even a recolor would be released. Remember how pissed everyone was when they released a recolor of quick Draw which was also a founder exclusive?

They have never offered it again to players.

On 3/4/2021 at 9:07 PM, Grimoir said:

It does not matter how many are still playing. What matters is it was advertised as an Exclusive item which would not be available by any other means..

It would be flat out scamming if they released it for everyone. If they wanna release it they better give everyone the 100$ refunds they spent on the founder items.

This is the announcement that was done for the founder pack costumes:

You're completly right, this is the current state. However as I stated my opinion, I don't mind if it's not exclusive anymore. Times change and I'm not the person who does want others not to have an outfit just because I paid 125 bucks in an advertised boundle with many other things for it. The fun of the master pack has been paid off for me of a long time ago. Money keeps the game alive and I would be happy to see more cosmetical buys than for item progression.

1 hour ago, Nemises said:

You're completly right, this is the current state. However as I stated my opinion, I don't mind if it's not exclusive anymore. Times change and I'm not the person who does want others not to have an outfit just because I paid 125 bucks in an advertised boundle with many other things for it. The fun of the master pack has been paid off for me of a long time ago. Money keeps the game alive and I would be happy to see more cosmetical buys than for item progression.

i get what you mean, but fact still is a lot of those who bought the founder packs buy it for the exclusives. And since they clearly advertised it openly that they would not be obtainable by any other means, if they would allow others to buy it would be flat our fraud.

They were advertised as exclusives, and bought as exclusives. Those who missed out, well tough luck but it is what it is.  I still very much enjoy having the exclusive costume and weapon skin aswel as the exclusive titles no one else gets.

with the current player count I don't think there is "a lot" of player left at all. To make it correct just add some minor changes, ie. in name or color and you will be fine. Everything else will be a business decision, get used to it. 

3 hours ago, Grimoir said:

i get what you mean, but fact still is a lot of those who bought the founder packs buy it for the exclusives. And since they clearly advertised it openly that they would not be obtainable by any other means, if they would allow others to buy it would be flat our fraud.

They were advertised as exclusives, and bought as exclusives. Those who missed out, well tough luck but it is what it is.  I still very much enjoy having the exclusive costume and weapon skin aswel as the exclusive titles no one else gets.

I agree with this post.

The current player population, nor the amount of time that has passed since being released, has nothing to do with if the outfit should be available for everyone now.

If that is the case they can refund the initial cost of the Master Pack for those of us who purchased it or give us the amount in Ncoin.

what is in question here is the integrity of the producers of this environment. 

(obligatory call to ban players continuing to break terms of service)

money is valued on an individual basis despite its commercial worth.

the game development world is a realm of ‘magick’ where they are generating value out of what: ones and zeros: art: history: communion: love; 

this thread’s topic is important; its author is making a serious effort to communicate.

I hope the producers find a way that meets no cause for resistance.

12 hours ago, marshmallow said:

If that is the case they can refund the initial cost of the Master Pack for those of us who purchased it or give us the amount in Ncoin.

Why should they refund the initial cost because of the skins? If you want your money back, then the company should ask you to return your closed beta experience,  3 days headstart, 4 character titels, 48,800 Premium points + Premium lvl 4, 90 days of premium membership, two name reservation, extended booster pack, two character alteration, five extra character slots and 7200 NCoin. That people paid 125$ for 3 skins is a mere lie.

Compared to the disciple pack (75 $) where you have no skins, we also paid for

- 1 character title more (value?)

- 12,400 Premium Points + 1 lvl more (value?)

- 1 name reservation more (value?)

- extended booster pack (value?)

- 20 premium days more (22 $)

- 4800 NCoin more (60$)

- 3 more character slots (value?)

- 1 character alternation voucher more (5$)

- unique head accessory (value?)

- unique weapon skin (value?)

- unique costumes (value?)

It is clearly to see, that the hard value of NCoin and premium membership alone makes it worth to buy the master and not the disicple pack, as you literally get everything else for free. So from that perspective I don't see any reason for a full refund just because of a small part of the purchase.

So i don't see this as a discussion of value. It is a discussion about the privilege of once being one of the people that had the oppertunity to grab this offer.

Edited by Nemises

14 hours ago, marshmallow said:

CvCX0aU.jpg

Well I guess a sentence like "I disagree and want this privilege to continue existing, because..." is to much more work.  But anyway thank you for posting this, as it is exactly what I'm talking about, questioning the current state of things which are listet in the picture and which have already been named by Grimoir and others.