Stop LFP DT with trash gear!

Walex 2

Just now, Walex 2 said:

How can i start my own LFP? Did you even read my issue.

There is no issue, it working that way since ages. If you want or need a reliable team, don't use LFP. If you don't care, just use LFP. Ofc you can suggest em to implement a "walex-team-finder", but I fear they will not....

• Like 1

• Hime locked and unlocked this topic

Form your own party by listing it and list the gear or AP requirements you want and recruit that way. But consider this, how do the under geared players get better gear if no one will carry them thru those dungeons?  Some of the mats they need can only be acquired thru running certain dungeons so what can they do if players refuse to carry anyone whose gear doesn't match what they think it should?  In fact, I have seen players with what I would consider lesser gear out-damage the so-called geared players.

10 hours ago, ScarletRaven said:

Form your own party by listing it and list the gear or AP requirements you want and recruit that way.

This is one way but it can take like half an hour to get a reasonable group and i am not talking about only 3000 ap dudes or something i am talking about like 2.3k ap which is totally reasonable for Dollhouse.

But consider this, how do the under geared players get better gear if no one will carry them thru those dungeons? 

Maybe by doing the intendet path ? I am pretty sure he is not talking about people with 3rd gen accesories and Thrownbreaker even tho thats hard at the limit for Dollhouse i am sure he is more likely to complain about people with like Story gear and raven stuff and i have to agree theese people should be completly locked out of current dungeons (Naryu Sanctum and Dollhouse) unless its a premade group to carry him.

LFP is such a great option but its unusable due to the problem mentioned here with thoose story gear people. Some of them may not know they cant do the dungeon with their gear (which is stupid if you think you can do newest dungeons right after story) but others do this intentionally to trap other players so your only solution is kill game to leave the lobby or wait 30 minutes till the que ends and you can finally leave the group just to encounter this again.

Some of the mats they need can only be acquired thru running certain dungeons

There is no discussion about Cathedral cliffs, Hangar or whatever its only about current dungeons like Naryu Sanctum and Dollhouse. New players dont need mats from there yet ! Nobody bothers it if they join anything below santum cause 1 single player can easily carry through it. Its only about the dungeons thoose players have no reason to be in there yet other than being toxic and make the game miserable for others.

I have seen players with what I would consider lesser gear out-damage the so-called geared players.

Ive seen that too but thats not the majority so you have to have the mindset "thoose are not gonna have the optimal dmg output" otherwise your groups will not be enough most of the time and you waste alot of time.

Before anyone thinks i am one of thoose elitists i might do "elitist like dmg with my main but i am neither a whale nor am i discriminating anyone cause of their gear i carry everything through all dungeons i know can be successfull with just me which is everything below sanctum. All i expect of a player is to not leech on purpose. Some even expect you to carry them through iron ark and call you toxic if they say no cant do.

In my experience, I have never seen anyone recruiting for Naryu Sanctum or Dollhouse use LFP in the dungeon lobby. Mostly they recruit thru forming a party and stating gear requirements or in faction chat for those dungeons. TBH, I have never run either of those due to the fact that the no one ever wants to teach you to run them whether you have the gear for it or not. Granted, players should be locked out of dungeons they don't have the gear for, but there needs to be a happy medium that will allow players to at least learn the mechanics of running the higher dungeons. I am just now starting to run Cathedral, Hangar, and Stonescale so even though my main has 2400 AP, I don't know the mechs of those dungeons so I am hesitant to join for them. I have watched YouTube videos of how to run them but that rarely helps very much in the actual running since people hardly ever do the mechs as shown in them.

17 minutes ago, ScarletRaven said:

TBH, I have never run either of those due to the fact that the no one ever wants to teach you to run them

Thats a personall problem. I cant learn with guides too they always try to teach you the full mech even tho you may not even need half of it that confuses me.

My way of learning is simply asking my guild or my challenge mode group. Its kinda scummy to expect them to learn the mech but thats the easiest way for people who cant learn well from guides.

I also teach everyone the mechs of the dungeons as long as they ask me but well i expect them to have minimum required gear of course. The worst part is you may accept people with minimum gear to your party and then they keep silent the whole time and duck up the mech even tho you asked them 3 times if they know mech and if you need to explain it.

• Like 1