Current trend to grief 6v6 games

ImoutoMaster

Hello, 

i just wanted to write about it since no one else has done it yet. 

There is a current trend if you see someone you dont like in 6v6 que you simply log into some char without gear sometimes not even lvl 60. There are several people known for that but i dont bother reporting them cause i know from the past, Support will not do anything about it as they usually do. 

I just wanna say here people stahp ! it destroys the game for atleast 4 players "if you get the one you want to grief" if you are unsuccesfull you are destroying the game of 5 player its not worth it !

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2021 at 10:35 PM, ImoutoMaster said:

Hello, 

i just wanted to write about it since no one else has done it yet. 

There is a current trend if you see someone you dont like in 6v6 que you simply log into some char without gear sometimes not even lvl 60. There are several people known for that but i dont bother reporting them cause i know from the past, Support will not do anything about it as they usually do. 

I just wanna say here people stahp ! it destroys the game for atleast 4 players "if you get the one you want to grief" if you are unsuccesfull you are destroying the game of 5 player its not worth it !

So what you're saying is people without gear aren't allowed to play 6v6?
That's ridiculous..

How about you tell ncsoft to fix their rating system instead so gearless people can fight at bronze, better geared people at silver, even better geared at gold.. and good people + good gear at plat.. with exceptional players at diamond..

Like the system was originally designed.

They should ban the afkers and flamers though.

Edited by sFMos
  • Like 1

On 1/11/2021 at 6:51 AM, sFMos said:

So what you're saying is people without gear aren't allowed to play 6v6?

I didnt say that anywhere here. I do think without gear you should not be able to join 6v6 at all but if you dont have gear and join cause you dont know better its fine to me as long as you dont que again knowing what this gamemode is.

I am talking here about the minimum of 1st gen legendary PVP stuff like the Belt from Drowning deeps and Beluga Soul shield. The cost to get this stuff is litterly 0 silver and 0 gold. If you join multiple times and dont care its simply griefing the games.

How about you tell ncsoft to fix their rating system instead so gearless people can fight at bronze, better geared people at silver, even better geared at gold

How should they do this ? There is no reasonable way to balance the rating system in 6v6 to get such a result. If you say "make the gear score count" you will not get a que anymore cause game wont find a perfect game also why should i upgrade my gear if my enemy always has the same gear. If you say "game lvl count" people will create hm 12 story chars and send all their gear there. ......... Its simply not possible. The current rating system is great and fine the problem is the low playerbase which is why the game is forced to make matches like it does right now. The Balance needs to be reworked so we get more players not the rating.

Like the system was originally designed.

It was designed for a huge playerbase but like i said offer a solution which i am unable to disprove its use. I cant think of a single system that would bring a good result without making 6v6 unplayable.

They should ban the afkers and flamers though.

Nah simply ban them from chat. But agan alot of the flame is behind a reason like people joining without gear on purpose.

Also this whole thread was about people who have mains with max gear for example and they see another player in que which they dont like and decide to switch to one of their low bob no gear chars to lose on purpose without risking their own rating.

12 hours ago, ImoutoMaster said:

I didnt say that anywhere here. I do think without gear you should not be able to join 6v6 at all but if you dont have gear and join cause you dont know better its fine to me as long as you dont que again knowing what this gamemode is.

I am talking here about the minimum of 1st gen legendary PVP stuff like the Belt from Drowning deeps and Beluga Soul shield. The cost to get this stuff is litterly 0 silver and 0 gold. If you join multiple times and dont care its simply griefing the games.

How should they do this ? There is no reasonable way to balance the rating system in 6v6 to get such a result. If you say "make the gear score count" you will not get a que anymore cause game wont find a perfect game also why should i upgrade my gear if my enemy always has the same gear. If you say "game lvl count" people will create hm 12 story chars and send all their gear there. ......... Its simply not possible. The current rating system is great and fine the problem is the low playerbase which is why the game is forced to make matches like it does right now. The Balance needs to be reworked so we get more players not the rating.

It was designed for a huge playerbase but like i said offer a solution which i am unable to disprove its use. I cant think of a single system that would bring a good result without making 6v6 unplayable.

Nah simply ban them from chat. But agan alot of the flame is behind a reason like people joining without gear on purpose.

Also this whole thread was about people who have mains with max gear for example and they see another player in que which they dont like and decide to switch to one of their low bob no gear chars to lose on purpose without risking their own rating.

Well like you said the rating system is designed for a much larger player base..
They could just let people lose less rating at lower ranks for example.. but keep it the same at higher ranks..
And this would also get more people to join, same goes for 1v1 arena..

Most new people won't even bother trying cause they'll face a ton of top 5 people before they even reach gold..

If new people can at least reach gold, then at least they'll feel like it's worth it.. and not just an utter waste of time..

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sFMos said:

Well like you said the rating system is designed for a much larger player base..
They could just let people lose less rating at lower ranks for example.. but keep it the same at higher ranks..

this would help new players in their very first game but it increases the suffering by alot if you are simply lucky and win some matches. 6v6 is RNG after all.

But i agree it would make the que a bit better but also it would probably make it harder to get a match in low elo at all cause even less people would be in que there. Your idea is basically "make low elo dead so high elo can have bigger numbers at their medal".

8 hours ago, sFMos said:

And this would also get more people to join, same goes for 1v1 arena..

Most new people won't even bother trying cause they'll face a ton of top 5 people before they even reach gold..

What is the reason for thoose top 5 players to play in such a low elo ? they cant find matches above 1700 and they want to earn Soul stones. You wont increase 1v1 playerbase by simply making the game even more dead than it already is. Thoose top 5 players will probably get even faster to a rating they cant find matches anymore due to your idea and if they derank it takes ages for them to get other players making it a huge pain and it might even result in more players quitting pvp cause well no games.

It would simply make the top players lose on purpose way earlier cause they know there is no que above a certain point. Just like they do right now.

In terms of 1v1 we need a class based ranking as i suggested alot of times since 5 years now. If you have 1 FM on your account who is 1800 rating then all ur fms have to have the same rating.

8 hours ago, sFMos said:

If new people can at least reach gold, then at least they'll feel like it's worth it.. and not just an utter waste of time..

Like i said i dont think top players will leave silver.

21 hours ago, ImoutoMaster said:

this would help new players in their very first game but it increases the suffering by alot if you are simply lucky and win some matches. 6v6 is RNG after all.

But i agree it would make the que a bit better but also it would probably make it harder to get a match in low elo at all cause even less people would be in que there. Your idea is basically "make low elo dead so high elo can have bigger numbers at their medal".

What is the reason for thoose top 5 players to play in such a low elo ? they cant find matches above 1700 and they want to earn Soul stones. You wont increase 1v1 playerbase by simply making the game even more dead than it already is. Thoose top 5 players will probably get even faster to a rating they cant find matches anymore due to your idea and if they derank it takes ages for them to get other players making it a huge pain and it might even result in more players quitting pvp cause well no games.

It would simply make the top players lose on purpose way earlier cause they know there is no que above a certain point. Just like they do right now.

In terms of 1v1 we need a class based ranking as i suggested alot of times since 5 years now. If you have 1 FM on your account who is 1800 rating then all ur fms have to have the same rating.

Well it's kind of a vicious circle..
They can't find opponents, so they farm low ranking.. and that will stop new players from playing.. and keep the people who do play silver.. so then it's normal they don't find matches at higher ranking..
If the lower ranked people being farmed by 10 people with each 10 alts all day.. then they'll never reach the rank of their main..
Also a lot of these people farm low ranked people, and then boost their 2nd account to plat that way...

Limiting ranking to 1 char per class (and actually banning wintraders) would probably help a lot, but then you probably also need to change the que a bit..
Now you need to be within 100 rating of your opponent, but if they would change that to 200-300... but just give like 2-3 points per match(but still give soulstones).. then the lower rank people won't really mind losing, and you don't have to kill the fun for everyone else.. 

And not sure what the best solution for 6v6 is, it's kinda hard to judge how it would be if you would make it easier to get out of bronze/silver.. 
Many people just don't wanna play atm cause they just get flamed, or 1shot... even with basic gear.. or even basic pvp gear.
Think it would be worth a shot to see if more people will be interested then

1 hour ago, sFMos said:

Limiting ranking to 1 char per class (and actually banning wintraders) would probably help a lot, but then you probably also need to change the que a bit..
Now you need to be within 100 rating of your opponent,

Actully its more like 150 Rating right now or even 200 sometimes very rare thou.

1 hour ago, sFMos said:

but if they would change that to 200-300... but just give like 2-3 points per match(but still give soulstones).. then the lower rank people won't really mind losing, and you don't have to kill the fun for everyone else.. 

Thats not correct sadly. This would increase the times you get matched against the same player and if you get farmed 3 times by the same player even if its only 2 points you will get annoyed and thats another reason to simply not play pvp anymore your idea would simply make it so we can play against him like 10 times or whatever making pvp even worse than it is. Easiest way to make it more new player friendly is in my oppinion this class based ranking and making it impossible to que against the same player more than twice in a row.

1 hour ago, sFMos said:

And not sure what the best solution for 6v6 is, it's kinda hard to judge how it would be if you would make it easier to get out of bronze/silver.. 

Its super easy currently cause it is rng. Just get urselfe basic PVP equipment and try to help the team objective wise. Dont run in without gear thinking you can be helpfull in a 6v6 fight.

1 hour ago, sFMos said:

Many people just don't wanna play atm cause they just get flamed, or 1shot... even with basic gear.. or even basic pvp gear.

Well thats on them if they are lacking the skill, gear, class to be viable. I simply said i expect them to have the basic gear to join. Not to be usefull but to show your other players you are actully trying and your purpose to joining is not griefing a game like some very funny Archer does.

• 2 months later...
On 1/13/2021 at 10:01 AM, ImoutoMaster said:

Well Said man , all top players are currently in 1500 silver , make it near impossible to reach gold while wintrading with eachother , we know ncsoft doesn't give a damn , class based ranking  and limiting hmcoin reward to the highest character per account  , would fix arena  , but anyway the game is dead as ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ , u're playing vs the  same 10 players , sadly the game had the best pvp in any mmo , ncsoft strikes again .

• 4 weeks later...

This post is now pretty old and just like all the other posts no information from the staff like @Hime.

I believe this is ur job to manage the community but yet we are not getting any kind of answer or even a text like "i am sorry but pvp dosent matter to us".

Ive looked over the rankings in 1v1 at the end of this season and can tell every single top 5 spot was a wintrade this season.

Also 6v6 is unplayable since FM thrid and assasin third got released and we are still waiting for some kind of balance patch. I mean you can litterly go afk at spawn if you encounter a high gear fm or if you dont have an assasin in beluga but enemy has one you also can go afk at spawn and wait.