Nerf Naryu Sanctum

luzt

Hello NCsoft,

Now that Naryu Sanctum isn't the "Newest" dungeon anymore could you bring the time to clear it more in line with modern dungeons?

The rewards we receive aren't in line with the time with spend there.

Nobody asked for the revamp of this long dungeon with 3 bosses (with 1 being an HP sponge) and 2 minibosses.

You could see it in the dip of player activity when it was released and the following months untill Dollhouse dungeon and 3rd spec BD were released.

Which brought back a surge of players.

The bosses have too much HP and there is too many of them, ideally boss 2 + miniboss 2 should be entirely removed (or bring their hp to 1 - since thats easier)

When you run this dungeon a few times you start feeling depressed and wonder where your evening has gone..

People need to force themselves to run it and that's just bad in so many ways, some lost interest in the game due to it.

Add to that, minibosses dont reset our skills and still have tons of HP, portal to boss 1 disappears after its killed,

end note this dungeon needs to be modernized.

Hopefully you seriously consider my suggestions.

Thanks for reading

2 hours ago, luzt said:

Hello NCsoft,

Now that Naryu Sanctum isn't the "Newest" dungeon anymore could you bring the time to clear it more in line with modern dungeons?

The rewards we receive aren't in line with the time with spend there.

Nobody asked for the revamp of this long dungeon with 3 bosses (with 1 being an HP sponge) and 2 minibosses.

You could see it in the dip of player activity when it was released and the following months untill Dollhouse dungeon and 3rd spec BD were released.

The bosses have too much HP and there is too many of them, ideally boss 2 + miniboss 2 should be entirely removed (or bring their hp to 1 - since thats easier)

When you run this dungeon a few times you start feeling depressed and wonder where your evening has gone..

People need to force themselves to run it and that's just bad in so many ways, some lost interest in the game due to it.

Add to that, minibosses dont reset our skills and still have tons of HP, portal to boss 1 disappears after its killed,

end note this dungeon needs to be modernized.

Hopefully you seriously consider my suggestions.

Thanks for reading

Considering that NS drops the best PVE bracelet, I'm pretty sure NCSOFT has no plans to nerf the dungeon itself. I was hoping that in the last update, we would receive the 3rd dungeon difficulty that KR has. That would be very beneficial for us and the other regions.

6 hours ago, luzt said:

The dip was mainly caused by a concurring event that was running and players preferred to run the event stuff rather than sanctum. Also its a new tier dungeon scaled for current end game, so it will not be nerfed any time soon.

3 hours ago, Rmccn08 said:

Considering that NS drops the best PVE bracelet, I'm pretty sure NCSOFT has no plans to nerf the dungeon itself. I was hoping that in the last update, we would receive the 3rd dungeon difficulty that KR has. That would be very beneficial for us and the other regions.

Beneficial exactly how, since the easiest mode has 0 drops except naryu silvers. Not to mention it should not count towards the 100 clear achievement so you would not even get any cores or bracelet from it.

Yeah a nerf might be needed.  So i can just run it in F8 like any other dg's and take randoms.

At the moment, NS and basically rest of the upper dg's are hard to get into mainly because of declining playerbase and existing playerbase who actually know how to run it is not many.   I know how to tank and far mark, problem is i cannot do it alone and i can only do either one (you cannot far mark and tank at same time esp in 1st and Xanos), unfortunately from what i see most dont run it, those run does it with their own team maybe recruiting 1-2 randoms at a time in faction But in general nobody runs it.

Teaching run appears to be quite problematic as many doesnt seem to be patient enough or even understand english in the first place ;-;. 

14 hours ago, Rmccn08 said:

Point is, its not worth the effort.

the drops absolutely suck, the cosmetics are probably the worse we have had in a HM dungeon and the only item worth getting is the bracelet ull replace in a few months. So no theres nothing to consider. but at the same time NCsoft is the most incompetent gaming company when it comes to feedback. they dont care for anyone but filling their own pockets. NCwest being run by a Korean doesnt help anyone either.

11 hours ago, Grimoir said:

The dip was mainly caused by a concurring event that was running and players preferred to run the event stuff rather than sanctum. Also its a new tier dungeon scaled for current end game, so it will not be nerfed any time soon.

Beneficial exactly how, since the easiest mode has 0 drops except naryu silvers. Not to mention it should not count towards the 100 clear achievement so you would not even get any cores or bracelet from it.

Thank you for that helpful and useful insight Grimoir. Your words and opinions continue to keep the game in a horrifyingly dying state. Keep it up. 

Edited by Rmccn08
Error

59 minutes ago, moveZneedle said:

the drops absolutely suck, the cosmetics are probably the worse we have had in a HM dungeon and the only item worth getting is the bracelet ull replace in a few months. So no theres nothing to consider. but at the same time NCsoft is the most incompetent gaming company when it comes to feedback. they dont care for anyone but filling their own pockets. NCwest being run by a Korean doesnt help anyone either.

I agree. I'm just pointing out why it wont be nerfed even though it should be.  

2 hours ago, moveZneedle said:

I think it is actually worth the effort. Made over 30k gold from others bidding on the bracelet and scale fragments.  Costumes from dungeons are the same as they were from the original version so that has nothing to do with it.

10 hours ago, JoannaRamira said:

Yeah a nerf might be needed.  So i can just run it in F8 like any other dg's and take randoms.

At the moment, NS and basically rest of the upper dg's are hard to get into mainly because of declining playerbase and existing playerbase who actually know how to run it is not many.   I know how to tank and far mark, problem is i cannot do it alone and i can only do either one (you cannot far mark and tank at same time esp in 1st and Xanos), unfortunately from what i see most dont run it, those run does it with their own team maybe recruiting 1-2 randoms at a time in faction But in general nobody runs it.

Teaching run appears to be quite problematic as many doesnt seem to be patient enough or even understand english in the first place ;-;. 

I mean thats a player issue and not really a dungeon problem. If they do not want to invest 5 minutes into watching a mechanic video that explains what to do thats on them.  If they do not want to invest the time to learn it they should not be in there in the first place.  there are actually a lot of  people running it however no one wants to run it in F8 where no one even cares to learn mechanics, so most groups only take players they know.

1 hour ago, Rmccn08 said:

Thank you for that helpful and useful insight Grimoir. Your words and opinions continue to keep the game in a horrifyingly dying state. Keep it up. 

Yes because any opinion that is different from your own is bad for the game. The easy mode you referred to from KR has no drops and the clears do not count towards achievements, that mode is purely there to just finish the daily challenge and thats it. End game gear should not be given for free. If someone does not want to run it or learn mechanics to run it he does not deserve it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grimoir said:

I think it is actually worth the effort. Made over 30k gold from others bidding on the bracelet and scale fragments.  Costumes from dungeons are the same as they were from the original version so that has nothing to do with it.

This is so 🐃💩 my friend , you make around 50-60g(if people bid 10g per fragment) per run in HARD MODE if you have 30 fragments + in drop and the bracelet it self is not that high gold share also is not dropping 1 per 10 runs , LOOOOOL , i'm really curious you total NS runs and tell me how many are NM and HM .
To make 30k+ you need to have 400 runs of NS and i can put my hand in fire you barely have 120 runs there ,everyone hate this dungeon.

This dungeon is stupid bad as time and rewarding, normal mode wipe, to clear with random daily run it take 15-20min for sure ( these are facts ,don't try to say something about this here )
Hard mode take 12-15min with full whales team aka 9-12mil dps boss dead ,not everyone in game is whale with this dps, so for f2p whales players this take 15-18min per run 
Now imagine spending 15min average time per run per 100 runs( you have to do more for 300 cores ,before house of idols ), you needed more than 30h total for 1 item , not saying doing that dungeon multi it just burn you out to death , 1st and 2nd boss no rewards,long fights.

I have 40 runs in NS and all hard mode and i stop here ,i got my bracelet from CM and i paid 11k gold  for it since gold is useless and easy to get while TIME is the most valuable thing in life . Since then i never did NS ,not even for fun 1 run or daily ,  *** this dungeon , i was already decided to skip this bracelet and go for next one only because of the hate of this dungeon .

If you like waste time from life in this dungeon ,good luck my friend ,is your chooice ^^ .

For this dungeon to be friendly boss 1-2 need the HP reduced  to 50%,and the mini boss before boss 2 as well reduce HP with 70% ,let boss 3 as it is .

Don't try to argue ,"i love the game " ,this is not about love the game is about enjoying in a good mood and with pleasure ,not being an masochist to torture your self .

1 hour ago, Grimoir said:

I

I mean thats a player issue and not really a dungeon problem. If they do not want to invest 5 minutes into watching a mechanic video that explains what to do thats on them.  If they do not want to invest the time to learn it they should not be in there in the first place.  there are actually a lot of  people running it however no one wants to run it in F8 where no one even cares to learn mechanics, so most groups only take players they know.

The issue is that there are so many of them already.  It's very disturbing.

Might as well nerf it so everyone regardless of skill or whatnot can get in.  Too bad that the day of 2016-2017 has passed. 

@Zuzuzuzuzu

And I enjoy actually having to engage and do something during a boss fight instead of them dying very fast. Reason I solo some dungeons to actually have some fun as they dont then die instantly. It would be too boring of a game then.

Enjoying the combat system and slowly grinding the gear is what the game is supposed to be, not reaching max gear in relatively short period of time. Using 15 minutes is actually ok for a dungeon that is supposed to be endgame content. It's supposed to be enjoyable to fight all the different boss and deal with their mechanics instead of trying to skip them or kill bosses before any mechanics can happen or having them nerfed so that it's boring button mashing then. Running a dungeon say 10 times(or how many times you want or can) a day until I get the gear I want is not bad at all to be fair. But this is just my opinion about it.

Chance of death actually makes it more fun, forces you to learn how to play. How to deal with that particular boss.

@JoannaRamira

As for the skill required, well I got bad news. Top gear is not really meant for people who don't have the skill necessary to complete the dungeon or if they don't have the necessary time to grind the gear in the first place or they don't want to do either for whatever reason. Not everyone should be able to get in. The game has to and should expect higher and higher levels of skill and knowledge and dps as you go up with the gear. Until it no longer is the best gear(in this case the currently best bracelet in the game) because updates. At least that is how I see it.

1 hour ago, Amarathiel said:

@JoannaRamira

As for the skill required, well I got bad news. Top gear is not really meant for people who don't have the skill necessary to complete the dungeon or if they don't have the necessary time to grind the gear in the first place or they don't want to do either for whatever reason. Not everyone should be able to get in. The game has to and should expect higher and higher levels of skill and knowledge and dps as you go up with the gear. Until it no longer is the best gear(in this case the currently best bracelet in the game) because updates. At least that is how I see it.

I'm not even talking about ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ gearing. I am talking about making a party.  or a difficulty to make one.  I dont give a rat ass about how top end dungeon should not be accessible to everyone I just want to make a party and do stuff.

The dungeon would be perfectly fine if first two bosses had actual loot like in the days when Sanctum was actually relevant for the first time, with more creative loot like chest fragments and keys that were actually worth bidding on. The biggest problem with it now is that it's old design dungeon with modern loot distribution.

And don't tell me it's hard to learn, when the dungeons is literally from the golden age era that actually had engaged player base making proper detailed guides on YouTube that explained everything.

Fix the loot and it's fine.

i knew the mechs from the past and ran the new version once (with strong experienced players). 

it was a waste of time and i will never run it again. 

just give us the easy modes already!

people who want to have a challenge can still run normal+hard modes.

On 1/2/2021 at 11:51 AM, Grimoir said:

Yes because any opinion that is different from your own is bad for the game. The easy mode you referred to from KR has no drops and the clears do not count towards achievements, that mode is purely there to just finish the daily challenge and thats it. End game gear should not be given for free. If someone does not want to run it or learn mechanics to run it he does not deserve it.

Everybody on this forum has good takes and bad takes, myself included. You need to get over the fact that if you make a point that I believe is bad, then I'm going to tell you. That's your problem. Anyway, you mentioned the benefit of that 3rd difficulty. Completing the daily challenge. The DC is a core part of how a brand new player progresses throughout the game. Furthermore, a new player can go into a dungeon they've never gone into before, and get some sort of understanding of the bare basics of the bosses and mechanics, without getting crucified, or people leaving the party because of a wipe. It's just giving more access to players in general. I wouldn't mind if the 3rd difficulties still had drops and counted towards gear achievements, but I understand if it doesn't because the dungeons are extremely easy. Your problem is it's not beneficial to you. But that's not my issue. My concern is with the game as a whole.

11 hours ago, Josalina said:

This dungeon is far to easy and the mechs haven't changed a bit from the beginning.  It's far to easy and dumbing this down for people who refuse to gear themselves would be a crime.  

If you read the thread you would know theese people complain about the dungeon being to long for what it gives. They are not complaining about having to do mechs.

15 Minutes per run (with a decent group) times 100 = 1500 Minutes which is 25 Hours of gametime and even then you do not have enough scales (unless you bid on them) or cores to get ur Bracelet.

Personally i agree to their statement but a nerv would automaticcly mean no mechs etc. aswell so id like them to remove first two bosses instead it would reduce the gametime aswell. Another way would be make scales drop from first two bosses so its worthwhile.

Bottom line is NS is just too hard for most people to complete now. I tried to run it with a full HM 20+ party AND a lvl 30 player as the tank (only time I've seen lvl 30 tbh). Surprisingly the result was epic failure. And that was just the first boss! I categorize it as "impossible'. 

7 hours ago, campclan2 said:

Bottom line is NS is just too hard for most people to complete now. I tried to run it with a full HM 20+ party AND a lvl 30 player as the tank (only time I've seen lvl 30 tbh). Surprisingly the result was epic failure. And that was just the first boss! I categorize it as "impossible'. 

Sweetheart lvl's mean nothing there, if you fail mechanic=wipe nonetheless.The first boss granite titan and last boss xanos have party wipe mechanics, second boss agony is freebie have no wipe mechanics. You dont even need to do the spears if you don't wanna.Soo friendly advice learn for yourself either with friends or guides youtube and find/stick with ppl that know the mechanics cause lvl won't save you there.

40 minutes ago, Puril said:

Sweetheart lvl's mean nothing there, if you fail mechanic=wipe nonetheless.The first boss granite titan and last boss xanos have party wipe mechanics, second boss agony is freebie have no wipe mechanics. You dont even need to do the spears if you don't wanna.Soo friendly advice learn for yourself either with friends or guides youtube and find/stick with ppl that know the mechanics cause lvl won't save you there.

Amen

9 hours ago, campclan2 said:

If you are HM 30 and dont know how to draw a line in first boss of NS then something is wrong with you. You simply had a really bad group. You can even rez charm all bosses in Naryu Sanctum you dont even need mechs but if you join a randoom group they will leave to fast. Thats why people are asking for far more AP than NS needs. 2.3K in EU is normal for NS normal mode cause even if people are to dumb for mechs they still can rez charm and dps is enough.

As i mentioned above i do agree NS needs a nerf cause of how long it takes to complete considering the rewards you get from completing it but i dont think the mechs have to be removed just cause some players are incapable of drawing a line with some adds or looking at some eyes at behind them. Compared to dungeons of today NS is super easy mech wise and people can still not manage.

• Like 1