Currency Exchange

SayhaSeer

Why was there limit removed from Currency Exchange? I thought it would never go below 1:1?. In less then a week it went from 1:1 to 1:0.40 

and continuing to decline. 1,000 Gold is now only worth 400 NCoins and probably will continue to decline //content.invisioncic.com/w306168/emoticons/36.png

b2CSbK8.png

Edited by SayhaSeer

3 hours ago, SayhaSeer said:

Why was there limit removed from Currency Exchange? I thought it would never go below 1:1?. In less then a week it went from 1:1 to 1:0.40 

and continuing to decline. 1,000 Gold is now only worth 400 NCoins and probably will continue to decline 

well some players been asking for this long time ago, it shouldbe a fix for the ingame economy and as NCwest stopped the decrease of gold income, I guess they are following this approach now. If you want to blame anyone, better look into the player base. Sad but true. 

3 hours ago, Belido said:

well some players been asking for this long time ago, it shouldbe a fix for the ingame economy and as NCwest stopped the decrease of gold income, I guess they are following this approach now. If you want to blame anyone, better look into the player base. Sad but true. 

They did? never seen, but then I haven't been visiting forums lately, unless by "long time ago" you mean few years back then maybe. They could have done a better job of handling the ways of gold sink is done, that many other MMO companies did successfully without hurting the player base.., copying the idea wouldn't have hurt. but oh well, I was just curious as I'm pretty sure NC confirmed themselves a few years back that Currency Exchange would "never" go below 1:1, but can't find the post, it was probably posted on twitter by Jonathan, but I guess things change. I doubt it will fix anything though, time will tell. 

4 hours ago, Hime said:

The Currency Exchange is supposed to adjust its rates based on the average transaction price of the last 7 days and you are able to list your gold at +/- 50%.

I know the rate is determined solely on how players sell and purchase gold using the Currency Exchange, and you can list the gold within +/- 50% of the current Standard Rate, rounded to the nearest whole number, but at the same time, it was capped at 1:1. NC had to adjust the Currency Exchange rates multiple times in the past because it kept dropping way too low  - and I'm pretty sure Jonathan also confirmed that Currency Exchange would never go below 1:1, as we all know Jonathan is not working with NC anymore and I know it was long time ago and things change, but will there be any plans on interfering and re-adjusting it back? going from 1:1 to 1:0.40 is a huge fall.

24 minutes ago, SayhaSeer said:

They did? never seen, but then I haven't been visiting forums lately, unless by "long time ago" you mean few years back then maybe. They could have done a better job of handling the ways of gold sink is done, that many other MMO companies did successfully without hurting the player base.., copying the idea wouldn't have hurt. but oh well, I doubt it will fix anything though, time will tell. 

A huge fail? Did you manage to miss a whole year of being unable to sell gold at all, continuously posting it at 1:1 for 48 hours at various intervals praying that yours happens to come to the top of the list when once in a blue moon someone buys gold from there instead of doing what sensible people do and trade items on black market instead, for a much better ratio? At least now people can actually sell their gold safely for a change for a ratio that is a lot closer to the real although unofficial gold/NCoin prices.

Edited by Rhiakath
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rhiakath said:

A huge fail? Did you manage to miss a whole year of being unable to sell gold at all, continuously posting it at 1:1 for 48 hours at various intervals praying that yours happens to come to the top of the list when once in a blue moon someone buys gold from there instead of doing what sensible people do and trade items on black market instead, for a much better ratio? At least now people can actually sell their gold safely for a change for a ratio that is a lot closer to the real although unofficial gold/NCoin prices.

exactly i love it i waited like 4 years for that xD now finally you actually can get some hmc :3 awesome

4 hours ago, Rhiakath said:

4 hours ago, Mizuki said:

exactly i love it i waited like 4 years for that xD now finally you actually can get some hmc :3 awesome

It was possible to sell gold all the time you just have to sell the max possible and have some patience. Nobody wants to buy odd amounts and if you just put up 1 or 2 stacks ofc your chance of selling is low, i did always sell max 1k stacks and it always sold eventually.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rhiakath said:

A huge fail? 

Never said anything about "A huge fail"

6 hours ago, Mizuki said:

Did you manage to miss a whole year of being unable to sell gold at all, continuously posting it at 1:1 for 48 hours at various intervals praying that yours happens to come to the top of the list when once in a blue moon someone buys gold from there instead of doing what sensible people do and trade items on black market instead, for a much better ratio? At least now people can actually sell their gold safely for a change for a ratio that is a lot closer to the real although unofficial gold/NCoin prices.

Never had problems selling gold for HM coins either, I always posted 10 times, for example 997..., 891..., 794..., 697...  ...100  etc which ever listing was emptiest and everyday or every second day something was sold, either it was 500 or above/below, just kept changing the value that it was sold while refreshing the rest when it's needed with this strategy I didn't had problems buying HM coin when needed, most people they don't post 999 or so, they post 1,000... to ...100 in a whole-sum number with another hundred players that post everyday, which makes your list go hide in the queue, be smart about it and you won't have problems selling at 1:1

Edited by SayhaSeer

3 hours ago, SayhaSeer said:

Never said anything about "A huge fail"

Never had problems selling gold for HM coins either, I always posted 10 times, for example 997..., 891..., 794..., 697...  ...100  etc which ever listing was emptiest and everyday or every second day something was sold, either it was 500 or above/below, just kept changing the value that it was sold while refreshing the rest when it's needed with this strategy I didn't had problems buying HM coin when needed, most people they don't post 999 or so, they post 1,000... to ...100 in a whole-sum number with another hundred players that post everyday, which makes your list go hide in the queue, be smart about it and you won't have problems selling at 1:1

but sometimes you dont want to wait years for selling some gold for hmc, this now is worth for both sides... 

gold is not that much worth as ncoins/hmc, are this is simple fact and like Hime sayed

18 hours ago, Hime said:

The Currency Exchange is supposed to adjust its rates based on the average transaction price of the last 7 days and you are able to list your gold at +/- 50%.

now alot more people can get hmc so it's good for both sides. 

i mean i cant see why it's not ok to adjust the gold price to the ncoins/hmc, gold meanwhile you can get alot better as it was in the past, so from my point of view it is ok.

6 hours ago, Mizuki said:

but sometimes you dont want to wait years for selling some gold for hmc, this now is worth for both sides...

Fun Fact: Blade and Soul is not going anywhere, so it doesn't matter if you buy it instantly or few days later... would rather wait a day or two and get 950 HM Coins for 1,000 Gold than sell it in an hour and only get 360 HM Coins, that's 590 HM Coins loss just because you wanted it quick, so I'm sorry if I don't see how this is worth for both sides..., you are literally paying 2,645 Gold for 950 HM Coins, 1,645 Gold over paying just because you want it now..., even for me with hundreds of thousands of gold, sounds kind of stupid... no offence to you though, definitely won't be using this any time soon, but if that's what you want to do, then this is your time to shine, it's your gold, but definitely not worth it in my opinion. 

Edited by SayhaSeer

7 hours ago, SayhaSeer said:

Fun Fact: Blade and Soul is not going anywhere, so it doesn't matter if you buy it instantly or few days later.

another fun fact is bns does not but some outfits/bundles or anything like that does. 

would rather wait a day or two and get 950 HM Coins for 1,000 Gold than sell it in an hour and only get 360 HM Coins, that's 590 HM Coins loss just because you wanted it quick, so I'm sorry if I don't see how this is worth for both sides

the amount of traded ncoins/gold are now alot higher, so lets say you have the same amount of people trying to sell gold for hmc the early days where you could sell your stuff, then i can tell you, never ever you might have sold anything! 

then this is your time to shine

my time ofc i got my hmc i wanted so ye. 

i never thought seeing people who actually are not happy about it cant believe that this post even exist. 

but ye i guess there is always some people who're not happy about anything. 

good luck with not spending gold ^^ other people will do.  

3 hours ago, Mizuki said:

i never thought seeing people who actually are not happy about it cant believe that this post even exist. 

The only people happy about it are the gold buyers and the sellers who can't do math or are too impatient to sell their gold. I can't be assed to login to check but pretty sure that with those rates most things are not worth buying anymore.

• Like 1

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Cor:

The only people happy about it are the gold buyers and the sellers who can't do math or are too impatient to sell their gold. I can't be assed to login to check but pretty sure that with those rates most things are not worth buying anymore.

indeed, I was able to sell a 2-3 k gold each week at 1:1 before, but ppl want their gold sold asap and the result we see now. But maybe I am just too poor to blow my Gold into F9 at this prices.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mizuki said:

This guy not good at math , great for you for selling your gold for LITERALLY nothing .
Any math before or you just excited you can sell gold ?

You know people do some math , what items are in F10 and F5 ,convert price of selling gold/recive hmcoins  with F5 gold price , if is worth or not ?? 

Just a quick math  3x vials in F10 are 800hmcoins , to get 800hm coins at rate or 1:0,30 right now in game you need to sell 2,962.96 gold  for 3 vials, for that gold how many oils you buy from F5 or faction ?? 5 sacred oils 

Now for your enthusiasm give me some example of items you buy from F10 with hmcoins and i will make for you quick math . I'm dead curious what items you buy from F10 with hmcoins.

Little offtopic, not long time ago people were crying that gold from dungeons was nerfed and suddenly now people have tons of gold and sell for nothing worthing ,just throw away the gold ,damn strage 😄

Your gold your decisions ,don't take this as insult or something bad ,just pointing out something bad you do . 

Edited by Zuzuzuzuzu
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Mizuki said:

another fun fact is bns does not but some outfits/bundles or anything like that does. 

the amount of traded ncoins/gold are now alot higher, so lets say you have the same amount of people trying to sell gold for hmc the early days where you could sell your stuff, then i can tell you, never ever you might have sold anything! 

You should have HM Coins in advance to everything, if you sell gold only when there's an item/outfit in the store that you really want, then it's just a you problem and nothing more.

Let's say I spend 30,000 Gold in the trove, that's 28,500 HM Coins I believe; of saving up from Currency Exchange at the rate of 1:1, then during trove I spend another 5,000 to 10,000 Gold buying items from trove it self and then if I am lucky I get 10,000 to 15,000 Gold worth of stuff back, I mean sometimes you get more, but the chances of that happening are the same as walking outside of your house and seeing a £100 laying there waiting to be picked up by you.... With the current Currency Exchange rates you would need to spend 80,000 Gold to receive 28,800 HM Coins, that's 50,000 Gold Increase, then again you spend another 5,000 - 10,000+ Gold buying from trove it self and then you will probably get again 10,000 to 15,000 Gold worth of stuff back... like BRUH..., //content.invisioncic.com/w306168/emoticons/36.png and that's just trove... there's literally nothing worth buying in F10 to be worth the amount of gold that you waste in Currency Exchange for the amount of HM Coins you receive..., before you could casually even make some profit, they often post Premium Transformation Stones, Sacred Oils, Evolved Stones ETC in Daily Special.., some items have Fixed Price which brings extra profit, and some items are only good to be bought once or twice before price becoming not worth it...

At the current Currency Exchange rates.. right now aka 1:0.40 there is nothing, NOTHING that is worth buying, unless you want to buy some Premium Transformation stones for 1,000 Gold and then sell it back to the market for 460 Gold *Cough* *Cough* //content.invisioncic.com/w306168/emoticons/7.png

There's only 4 types of people who are benefiting from this.

1. People who have no clue what they are doing, and are aka happy with this change.
  2. NCsoft; because their NCoins are probably being bought more often... (you can now buy around 2,500 Gold for the price of 1,000 NCoins, where before you could buy only 1,000 Gold for the price of 1,000 NCoins.)
  3. People who are buying the gold with NCoins.
  4. People who are buying gold from Gold Sellers.

There's 2 types of people who are being affected by this change.

1. People who have general understanding and knowledge to know that this is a big RIP OFF (probably pretty high majority of people in what's still left in Blade and Soul population, but can't speak for everyone)
  2. Gold Sellers/Re-Sellers as their prices have also been impacted. aka are now cheaper.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Hime @Amraith Forum Emoji's are not working by the way. //content.invisioncic.com/w306168/emoticons/36.png

Edited by SayhaSeer

19 hours ago, Mizuki said:

That's bound to happen in every environment you work in, in every game you play, it's called "Feedback" an opinion,

you don't have to agree with every feedback you see on the forums, that's completely in your right, every person has different types of feedback and different types of opinions, if you want to drop 80,000 Gold instead of 30,000 for the same amount of HM Coins, then you sure can, does that mean it's a logical thing to do? absolutely no. I very rarely create posts in General or give any feedback because I can't be bothered, I would rather spend my free time in Player to Player Support forum tab helping other players solve their Game problems then typing threads like this, because that's what I enjoy the most in these forums, but... player feedback is the most important part of any existing game, might not work very well in this company, but feedback is feedback nevertheless.

4 hours ago, Rmccn08 said:

I think the point here is this was a good change. Majority of the player base wanted this change so they did it. End of story.

Since your speaking on behalf of the "majority", please show me, where exactly people asked for this change?, Because I can't seem to find any threads or posts relating to Currency Exchange on Forums, Reddit or discord? 

13 hours ago, SayhaSeer said:

Since your speaking on behalf of the "majority", please show me, where exactly people asked for this change?, Because I can't seem to find any threads or posts relating to Currency Exchange on Forums, Reddit or discord? 

I think we got at least 4-5 majorities in this game 🤪

jokes beside, it always sounds more important to speak for the majority! And if you can't get your majority to speak up, you just speak for the silent majority - problem solved😇

Edited by Belido

20 hours ago, SayhaSeer said:

There was actually a lot of complaints from players to have the rate lowered since barely any gold was selling for what it was and bots were actually outnumbering normal player offers.

1 hour ago, Grimoir said:

There was actually a lot of complaints from players to have the rate lowered since barely any gold was selling for what it was and bots were actually outnumbering normal player offers.

dunno maybe you play in US, on EU server there weren't this much 1000g offers, if 20-30 players did same as me, we would have had that count easily.

And btw. how do you detect bot offers? the same way you spot the lot of complaints?