Forums

Grim Tidings Event

Imrario

@Hime

Thanks for the posting the event article.
https://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/grim-tidings-events-preview/

It would seem we can only obtain 2 Snow Globes each day to exchange for boxes which then can be gifted to friends and stuff.
Is this 2 purchase limit per character or per account as this is not mentioned in the article either?
Apart from the HM store will there be any additional boxes handed out or any obtained via Login rewards?
This is information that is usually left out on the patch notes and we only come to realise on patch day. Please can you let us know?

Thanks,

I

@Hime few question about this event since from article from news there's nothing about this .

1---Dragons express : Does have  Sacred Vials, Pet Packs, Divination Psyche,Pristine Oil, Sparkling Stone Chests ?  There's nothing about this in news article ?!?!
      Like every event we had since release of the game ? ?!?!! 

2--- If you recieve Frozen Gift Box/Holiday Gift Boxes from a person  , can i gift to someone else ,does this method count for the rewards countdown ?!?

3--- Holiday Gift Boxes from F10-hoogmoon store is there any option to buy it individually ( the PRICE IF is ) or the only options is only with the trove packs >?

4--- The Holiday Tove Bundle that include 100x trove key +Special Holiday Gift Box can be bought with HMCoins since in news article doesn't specify exactly ?! 

1 hour ago, Zuzuzuzuzu said:

@Hime few question about this event since from article from news there's nothing about this .

1---Dragons express : Does have  Sacred Vials, Pet Packs, Divination Psyche,Pristine Oil, Sparkling Stone Chests ?  There's nothing about this in news article ?!?!

2--- If you recieve Frozen Gift Box/Holiday Gift Boxes from a person  , can i gift to someone else ,does this method count for the rewards countdown ?!?

3--- Holiday Gift Boxes from F10-hoogmoon store is there any option to buy it individually ( the PRICE IF is ) or the only options is only with the trove packs >?

4--- The Holiday Tove Bundle that include 100x trove key +Special Holiday Gift Box can be bought with HMCoins since in news article doesn't specify exactly ?! 

2 - no

3 - they are tradable but only counts to event if someone sold you personally (or gift)

4 - I think no.

• NCSOFT
21 hours ago, Imrario said:

@Hime

Thanks for the posting the event article.
https://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/grim-tidings-events-preview/

It would seem we can only obtain 2 Snow Globes each day to exchange for boxes which then can be gifted to friends and stuff.
Is this 2 purchase limit per character or per account as this is not mentioned in the article either?
Apart from the HM store will there be any additional boxes handed out or any obtained via Login rewards?
This is information that is usually left out on the patch notes and we only come to realise on patch day. Please can you let us know?

Thanks,

I

@Imrario, good questions.

1. The Frozen Gift Boxes are limited to 2 purchases per day per Account from the Dragon Express.
  2. There are no event rewards in the Login Rewards.

20 hours ago, Zuzuzuzuzu said:

@Zuzuzuzuzu,

1. Correct. There is only one item that can exchanged with Snow Globes and that is the Frozen Gift Box. Yes, this event is different from our usual style.
  2. As mentioned in the article, re-gifting a box you received will not count towards your gifting total.
  3. Yes, there will be options to buy boxes (outside of the Treasure Trove bundle). Full details will be in our Store Update article tomorrow but here are the prices for the boxes:
    • Frozen Gift Box - 1 NCoin/HMC - Limit 3 per Day per Account
    • Special Holiday Gift Boxes (x10) - 240 NCoin /HMC
    • Special Holiday Gift Boxes (x30) - 678 NCoin/HMC

On 12/15/2020 at 8:30 PM, Hime said:

1. The Frozen Gift Boxes are limited to 2 purchases per day per Account from the Dragon Express.

@Zuzuzuzuzu,

1. Correct. There is only one item that can exchanged with Snow Globes and that is the Frozen Gift Box. Yes, this event is different from our usual style.
  2. As mentioned in the article, re-gifting a box you received will not count towards your gifting total.
  3. Yes, there will be options to buy boxes (outside of the Treasure Trove bundle). Full details will be in our Store Update article tomorrow but here are the prices for the boxes:

The 1 HMC option is missing from F10. only 1 NCoin option is available. Oops?

• NCSOFT
12 hours ago, Rhiakath said:

@Hime One more thing. Is total number of boxes counted, or number of unique people we sent them to? Is sending 10 boxes to 5 people each same as sending 50 boxes to 50 different people? How about 1 person?

It's based on the number of boxes you send following the provided guidelines.

13 minutes ago, Rhiakath said:

The 1 HMC option is missing from F10. only 1 NCoin option is available. Oops?

Sorry, there is no HMC option for the 1 NCoin Frozen Holiday Boxes in the HM Store. I should have caught that when I typed it out. :YunmaFeiConfused:

1 minute ago, Hime said:

It's based on the number of boxes you send following the provided guidelines.

Sorry, there is no HMC option for the 1 NCoin Frozen Holiday Boxes in the HM Store. I should have caught that when I typed it out. //content.invisioncic.com/w306168/emoticons/33.png

For a Season of Giving event, it does not seem to be too terribly charitable to make it so players have no choice but to buy NCoin to enjoy all of the rewards from the event. I thought it was a really good move to include a 1 HMC option.

On 12/15/2020 at 10:30 AM, Hime said:

@Zuzuzuzuzu,

i don't see any frozen boxes for 1 HM coin at the store~ you sure its either Ncoin/HMcoin or just Ncoin~ (in the event it says both and now you are saying it too~ so I am confused ~ or you guys just forgot to add it to HMstore?)

On 12/15/2020 at 7:30 PM, Hime said:

@Zuzuzuzuzu,

what if i send 50 boxes to a friend an my friend send the box back to me,i stil get the count?

Edited by sarasanalex

@HimeDoes sending a gift to our other characters count?

Says instead of opening Frozen gifts I can gift to another character instead of saying player

Also is reward similar to trove rewards? In trove every 300 keys = psyches

Every 130 gifts sent is another Hexagonal Gem?

Edited by SilverSparkz
added more words

• 3 weeks later...
  • NCSOFT
On 12/16/2020 at 7:56 PM, Fleetrun said:

Will these boxes still be useable after the 13th? Or will they expire, despite the lack of an expiration date on either the boxes or keys?

On 1/6/2021 at 10:07 PM, Marscarpone said:

@Hime

Do the boxes/keys expire?

We're double-checking to make sure but what we know right now is the Snow Globes can still be exchanged for Frozen Holiday Gift Boxes and Holiday Gift Box can still be opened with Keys. They will eventually expire and we will confirm the date. The Sharing the Love portion of the event will end on the 13th. We will update this on Monday if anything changes here. Thanks!

Since somehow related to this event, Ill add a bullet point asked by two GMs to this thread in hopes of a fair and conclusive discussion: 

Why does NC measure with two scopes? Ppl who pay for trove get keys back and informations for which "there is no tool to review" the current amount gifted. Why are the very few players hindered to know if the boxes did count when half didn't (allbeight obtained from F10 or DC) but then boxes do count that are bought from F5?

I screwed yeah, I took items I got mailed with those from F10. Reportingly it aint a issue to look into data and confirm or tell the correct count. But hey - mostly we should vote for an ingame option neither NC nor NC West would care to implement, only for them to screw us from our rewards.

The sad truth here is. While creating the identical item which wont alter after trading, stands only as a poor excuse to bail out. Since top donators aka those who spent 900trove keys last trove alone plus half their money returned as HMC will get a counter of boxes sent.

And if they will expire. Surely. All items/loot suddenly expires even from regular event tabs, while "redeemable" long after most items just get replaced.

Concluding once again:

Either you can or cannot. Thats cool. Handing out delicate information to those who donate the most, will split the community even more than they already is.