More options to spend Refined Honing Oil

Gman

Hello,

When you are doing weeklies and dailies on mulitple characters it is inevitable that you stack up on Honing Oil/Refined Honing Oils. The current event is nice, but most of the players have no options of spending them.

A fist step is removing them from the daily dash.

A second suggestion is making it characted limited, not account.

Edited by Gman
  • Like 1

i agree with you that you slowly stack them up, i have "kind of"  same "issue" i play on 13 chars per day and do the daily. 

but i think that if you are one month short on time you still need the honing oil for your weekly vial/petpack 

and since it's 14 Refined Honing Oil you will loos very quickly your whole Refined Honing Oil. 

Probably you have alot of time and can make it to play everyday and get all the honing oil, but im not sure if this is the same for other people. 

of course i wouldnt mind to have a for alittle more the 3vials/petpacks ^^ but in the end it's optimized for 1 char daily 5/5 per week.

lets see what comes in the future. 

Yeah, that's happening only if you can play for hours and multiple characters, but if only can play for like 2 to 3 hours per day you will not be able to gather you are only able to get some items.
For example me, I can play max 3 hours per day I don`t have time to do weekly/daily on other characters and I can barely afford to get the oils at the end of the week.
And remove them from the daily dash that`s a big no.

No they should not remove any vials from the Daily Dash. But I believe that if you have farmed the items, you should be able to use them whenever you want. Locking the vials to 2 per week is just wrong. It's only done to give players more of an incentive to purchase vials by other means. Hell if your not premium you can't get them at all.

Adding Refined Honing Oils was a band-aid solution to there being few ways to farm oils in the game. I would personally prefer they just replace honing oils with evolved stones. That would allow people farming on multiple characters to benefit for their time while not penalizing players with less time from not being able to make the minimum amount of honing oils to max their oils every week. Perhaps leave honing oils as a way to farm pet packs as those are also more difficult to farm.

As it is, the only way to regularly  "farm" evolved stones is MSP which is so inefficient at the moment, almost no one does it. If they are unwilling to add more ways to farm evolved stones, I would hope they consider returning the double reward bonus to MSP on the weekends. Though I think the majority of the player base has more than had their fill of MSP and would welcome a new method of reliably farming evolved stones.

Something to that effect might incentivize players unwilling to mass swipe for progression to return to the game. More players creates a livelier game making it more enticing to players that are willing to spend money. (Just saying the quarterly reports are showing BNS struggling in the west. It might be time to try a new business approach aside from gating progression behind a paywall or insane grind.)

11 hours ago, Gman said:

A fist step is removing them from the daily dash.

BRUH just edit that sentance/ DELETE before ncsoft see it and you give them STUPID ideas .  
Not everyone play 20 characters and 23h/24h per day like you to have these . 
Think 16x times before posting these stupid pharses .