Unreal Engine 4

NiinaNiaa

No. it's not out in KR yet.. Please don't believe people that lie to you.

and no, there is no information available for when it will come to KR or NA.

2021 would be ideal, but i still think that's too early for this massive under taking, maby 22 or 23

There was a poster on reddit by the name of "Mippithedork" that wrote this long text of speculation

"Unpopular opinion incoming, however a realistic view on the issue from someone within the industry and plenty of professional experience with UDK, UE3 and UE4.

Personally their biggest mistake was showing people anything about UE4 at such an early part in the development. Clearly the average player of BNS has no clue how long, or how much work it would take to rebuild all of the game in a completely different engine, while also changing the shader pipeline completely, the textures completely reworked for a PBR packed map system, increasing the geometrical fidelity of important assets, building all the new replication logic for the multiplayer environment, among dozens of major portions and features of the game being completely remade from scratch, of course in a new engine they knew very little about at the time.

I believe this is more of a failure of marketing than it was of development / design. They should have quietly kept working on it, and not said a damn thing to people until it was much further along. Based on their marketing material they released originally, it seems their original scope was to use the same 3d/2d assets from the current version, rebuild the shaders, and let the daunting part of the project be primarily the game logic side.

However, the public reaction to this early material was, mmmm, unenthusiastic at best, with many people complaining about how they weren't utilizing the graphic power of UE4 (the public seemed to ignore the fact that it was going to come with large performance increases across the board). This pressure caused the scope to broaden significantly, any time you develop for an MMO, the most costly and time consuming aspect is content. The 3d / 2d graphics, the animations, UI, story, acting, dialogue, etc etc.

Compared to earlier Unreal generations, this generation (and the soon to come generation) are much more MMO friendly platforms to develop on. The BNS IP is too valuable to them to just throw away, having a successful IP in this space is so hard to do, specially one that isn't a fly by night success and vanishes as quickly as it came. I very much suspect they are still working on it, but learned from their previous mistake of opening their mouths way too early.

Especially due to the scope growing multitudes beyond the original due to not coordinating information releases correctly. I would genuinely be amazed and shocked if they aren't currently working it. However, I do not think it'll release on UE4, it'll likely be UE5 (which honestly is just a marketing thing, it's just UE4.28 , not really 5 as it's a marketing thing to keep up with current generation consoles marketing pushes).

My guess is they are working on version 4.21, and are in works (if they haven't already, as it wasn't difficult, but was still problematic, to make the changes necessary to push to 4.25) and 4.26 is slated to release hopefully before the 2nd week of December). Anyways, the point is, like most of us working on games in this transitional stage into next-gen, it's a pain in the ass, and not easy. Clearly they would not release on 4 when "5" is just around the corner. Thankfully though, projects that work correctly on 4.25 and above will have a fairly seamless transition into "5" (fingers crossed).

My recommendation, stop worrying about UE4, they ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ up telling you about it that early in the development cycle, it'll come when it comes."

Source for the text

https://www.reddit.com/r/bladeandsoul/comments/jxejth/ue4will_never_come/gcx8lqb/

Edited by Uldrum
  • Like 1

I get it. Only that I have seen and they have told me that it is for that reason that they do not optimize the game, because it is about to put the update of the new graphics engine (I do not know if it will be true) The game is unplayable, I already put a topic on whether They will optimize the game, although I don't think they will. I won't be able to play until they optimize it.

Edited by NiinaNiaa
  • Like 1

I think you should figure out why you can't play it now.  I can play on a pentium and a gt640 (office computer).  Ue4 may be better optimized but likely will require more power than what ue3 required.  

I think what is more likely to happen is what we saw with games like Everquest and Asheron's call.  They'll just invent a new game with the BnS ip but new engine and call it BnS 2.   If they can find a way to milk more money, they will.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Tufa:

I think what is more likely to happen is what we saw with games like Everquest and Asheron's call.  They'll just invent a new game with the BnS ip but new engine and call it BnS 2.   If they can find a way to milk more money, they will.

We do have BNS 2 already its a mobile game. Currrently there are no plans for them to still support PC at all after Blade and soul PC dies. The Income from PC is way to low to make a new PC game. Also most of the Community dosent even care about UE4 what drives people crazy is the lack of support for this game.

1. FPS issue which are not even looked at

2. Balance Issue to that extent you could think a toddler decided the balancing completly without thought.

3. Not banning people no matter what they do.

The third one is completly NCwest fault the other 2 are probably like 90/10 NC KR fault. thoose 10 cause i am 100% sure NCwest dosent give a damn about forwarding the most important stuff but NC KR should know it by now already anyway.

On 11/28/2020 at 1:19 PM, NiinaNiaa said:

Does anyone know when they will upgrade to the new Unreal Engine 4 graphics engine in Blade & Soul? I understand that in Korea it was already Updated.
Any dates for the NA region?
Greetings.

In a producer letter earlier this year they said that they wanted to release UE4 sometime in 2020. But that was in February, and the pandemic hadn't really hit hard yet in South Korea. So I don't think we will be seeing it release until next year. I did not know this until recently, but every single region is having performance issues, just some more gradual than other. So this isn't just a NA EU thing. Which in a way gave me a sigh of relief because that means they have to be working on something. 

Edited by Rmccn08

vor 36 Minuten schrieb Rmccn08:

Which in a way gave me a sigh of relief because that means they have to be working on something. 

Sorry to inform you but people are complaining about the performance atleast since 2017 maybe even 2016 if they would work on something we would have gotten it 2018 atleast.

You have to keep in mind what is the biggest issue a game can have if Cash shops are working as intendet ? its the performance of course and no one can tell me a multi million or even billion dollar company cannot manage to fix the fps issue in a timespan of atleast 3 years ?

If we look at KR the game is out since 2009 or something (alpha).

vor 35 Minuten schrieb JoannaRamira:

I'm still remember the hype... but. Considering they still churning out content for our current engine... doubtful UE4 is on their table.

If they wanted to release UE4 on the live servers we wouldnt get content. If they would actully work on UE4 we would be getting old dungeons revamped like naryu sanctum nothing else for the next time cause this dosent need to be added to UE4 afterwards again. Since most players didnt play in 2016 or 2017 thoose dungeons would also be completly new to like 90% of the playerbase.

• Like 1

On 30/11/2020 at 9:23 AM, ImoutoMaster said:

Sorry to inform you but people are complaining about the performance atleast since 2017 maybe even 2016 if they would work on something we would have gotten it 2018 atleast.

You have to keep in mind what is the biggest issue a game can have if Cash shops are working as intendet ? its the performance of course and no one can tell me a multi million or even billion dollar company cannot manage to fix the fps issue in a timespan of atleast 3 years ?

If we look at KR the game is out since 2009 or something (alpha).

If they wanted to release UE4 on the live servers we wouldnt get content. If they would actully work on UE4 we would be getting old dungeons revamped like naryu sanctum nothing else for the next time cause this dosent need to be added to UE4 afterwards again. Since most players didnt play in 2016 or 2017 thoose dungeons would also be completly new to like 90% of the playerbase.

you are very right, naryu foundry, and some other dungeon that were actually very funny, maybe they do not put a gold reward since it affects the economy a bit, but for exchange token, for certain materials and item and thus take advantage of all the possible ones, not counting that it would give a good afternoon of play and variety.

I would like this as an old player, possibly also new players would like it.

Edited by Sakita

On 11/28/2020 at 9:27 PM, Uldrum said:

No. it's not out in KR yet.. Please don't believe people that lie to you.

and no, there is no information available for when it will come to KR or NA.

2021 would be ideal, but i still think that's too early for this massive under taking, maby 22 or 23

wait so!  i dont get it!
i Thaught Korean servers became new frontier! and had UE4 already   as i have seen content from that!
and that EU and NA were running new World! as they call it!  since we are still on ue3
and that New Frontier was literally a Readderation of "this Current" world with open world aspects and removed "Loading" zones/instance loads!
so if thats not the case HOW exactly is it atm?!

On 11/28/2020 at 9:30 PM, Uldrum said:

There was a poster on reddit by the name of "Mippithedork" that wrote this long text of speculation

"Unpopular opinion incoming, however a realistic view on the issue from someone within the industry and plenty of professional experience with UDK, UE3 and UE4.

Personally their biggest mistake was showing people anything about UE4 at such an early part in the development. Clearly the average player of BNS has no clue how long, or how much work it would take to rebuild all of the game in a completely different engine, while also changing the shader pipeline completely, the textures completely reworked for a PBR packed map system, increasing the geometrical fidelity of important assets, building all the new replication logic for the multiplayer environment, among dozens of major portions and features of the game being completely remade from scratch, of course in a new engine they knew very little about at the time.

I believe this is more of a failure of marketing than it was of development / design. They should have quietly kept working on it, and not said a damn thing to people until it was much further along. Based on their marketing material they released originally, it seems their original scope was to use the same 3d/2d assets from the current version, rebuild the shaders, and let the daunting part of the project be primarily the game logic side.

However, the public reaction to this early material was, mmmm, unenthusiastic at best, with many people complaining about how they weren't utilizing the graphic power of UE4 (the public seemed to ignore the fact that it was going to come with large performance increases across the board). This pressure caused the scope to broaden significantly, any time you develop for an MMO, the most costly and time consuming aspect is content. The 3d / 2d graphics, the animations, UI, story, acting, dialogue, etc etc.

Compared to earlier Unreal generations, this generation (and the soon to come generation) are much more MMO friendly platforms to develop on. The BNS IP is too valuable to them to just throw away, having a successful IP in this space is so hard to do, specially one that isn't a fly by night success and vanishes as quickly as it came. I very much suspect they are still working on it, but learned from their previous mistake of opening their mouths way too early.

Especially due to the scope growing multitudes beyond the original due to not coordinating information releases correctly. I would genuinely be amazed and shocked if they aren't currently working it. However, I do not think it'll release on UE4, it'll likely be UE5 (which honestly is just a marketing thing, it's just UE4.28 , not really 5 as it's a marketing thing to keep up with current generation consoles marketing pushes).

My guess is they are working on version 4.21, and are in works (if they haven't already, as it wasn't difficult, but was still problematic, to make the changes necessary to push to 4.25) and 4.26 is slated to release hopefully before the 2nd week of December). Anyways, the point is, like most of us working on games in this transitional stage into next-gen, it's a pain in the ass, and not easy. Clearly they would not release on 4 when "5" is just around the corner. Thankfully though, projects that work correctly on 4.25 and above will have a fairly seamless transition into "5" (fingers crossed).

My recommendation, stop worrying about UE4, they ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ up telling you about it that early in the development cycle, it'll come when it comes."

Source for the text

https://www.reddit.com/r/bladeandsoul/comments/jxejth/ue4will_never_come/gcx8lqb/

well its Not as hard and doesent take as much time porting UE3 to UE4 ,  as i would porting to a Entirely different engine!
as the language and methods used are extremely similar in UE3 and UE4 from what i already know from experience!

dont get me wrong!  i do know its not a quick and easy task!  but should not take too long as long as they have a decent sized team for it!
also!  i do get they are trying to focus more on KR than EU/NA first!   but  the question is ofcourse the size of the development team/unit  they have avaleable!

but to be honest if they took in experienced UE4 developers from eu parts and NA (especially EU)  they could speed up development and transfer, while at the same time having readilly avaleable test servers to speed up the process with feedback and bug reports after porting, while they still Ofcourse as seen in current and earlier New Frontier footage, some of the textures and animations have extremely poor animation motion, cause early implementations.
they will get a much more detailed, efficient and precise, workload with the assigned developers taking assets and workload from each other to have a synergy of development, for a more reliable timeframe of release and ompimalization.

this i obviously say regarding the fact:  
1: they used only DX9 for a game developed and released in 2012-2013 (eu/na 2016) when they could have set a goal of implementing DX11 for the release in 2016 for all servers, fixing both Performance and utility!
2: as far as i have noticed doing research after starting to play this game about 2 weeks ago,  I cannot Seem to FIND a Local Cache Folder! and no info or hints about one online (google/Forums) wich tells me issues related to the game is affected in some way to cache, as the game literally runs the same on a intel core i5 3600/GTX 750-970/-radeon fx(8000 series and above)-AMD FX XXX       that it does on my Ryzen 7 3800x/RTX 2070.
and in some instances i find people running the game smoother on Older Hardware than i do,
while the game also forces an immense ammount of ram usage, while it literally does nothing with it.
the same with GPU/Vram Useage,  it uses resources in a way that is ineficciant, and then leads to lower performance, while the CPU tries to force cache constantly,
while  when you study the behaviour of the game and workload, its almost as there is nowhere for the Cached files to go, so it ends up infinitly trying to cache without a destination to put it.

so all in all UE4 and DX11 will fix ALOT of stuff gamewise, and also give better support/compability running x64, as UE3 was not designed specificly that far ahead of time and STRUGGLES with Shadow rendering over many entities and heavy effects, and DX9 was'nt either designed ahead for x64.
but Nothing will fix the game better than solving the issue with CaChe'ing,  Because Without a Proper WORKING Cache, You are, and WILL be Forced to forever Draw all character model/face/design types, ALL Effects, ALL Entities, Literally everything.
BUT!  in Most games, (Especially) one like this, An MMO, the cache focuses more on the heavy information like Random/Custom character appearances, cosmetics effects, and similar! 

Hope This Cleared more up For people, so that yelling and nagging about Ue4 that will still take some time to be implemented, will be switched over to the question of,  WHERE IS OUR CACHE!!!

Love you all, and happy to join the community of few!

And maybe they as bonus gonna include new stuff, u always say this game runs bad "The new API should become an updated version of DirectX 12, since DX12 itself turned out to be a rather crude application programming interface, but it is worth noting that only new video cards will support DirectX 13. New The API will be several times faster than the DirectX 12 API". So its gonna change not just UE3 to UE4 (https://windows13update.com/windows-11-and-directx-13-will-be-released-at-the-end-of-2020/), u have new Videos already anyway, so here you go where to use it.