NC Launcher 2 starts to update then stops and crashing afterwards.

Just as the title says trying to get the launcher to work, it starts by "checking for updates" gets to like 2-4% then just closes the update part, shows the launching loading splash screen and closes. Tried looking online and think I have only found 1 person who had the same issue but they never seemed to get it fixed. So im at a loss, my firewall is turned off 100% so its not that, tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times, compatibility settings. NOTHING works. Honestly makes me wonder if theres like a fully updated launcher uploaded anywhere I could just get or something. No errors pop up just closes completely.

On win10 64bit system.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/777488702229315614/782176544310427678/unknown.png?width=841&height=475 -link to a screenshot of it looking for updates.

No luck unfortunately... I got it to work once before but I remember it was from something other then support as I tried that and anything support had me do just did not work at all but I can't find out what I did before. A real bummer when you get these insanely rare issues that almost no one else seems to get, so rare even support can't figure it out.

14 hours ago, EternalDarkness said:

No luck unfortunately... I got it to work once before but I remember it was from something other then support as I tried that and anything support had me do just did not work at all but I can't find out what I did before. A real bummer when you get these insanely rare issues that almost no one else seems to get, so rare even support can't figure it out.

Have you tried installing the NC Launcher into a different location or a different disk? For example from C: to D: 

When NC Launcher crashes try viewing Event Viewer and see if it's reporting any error.

14 hours ago, SayhaSeer said:

Have you tried installing the NC Launcher into a different location or a different disk? For example from C: to D: 

When NC Launcher crashes try viewing Event Viewer and see if it's reporting any error.

It reports two errors. a .NET Runtime error, and then just one Application error. The .Net one confuses me greatly if its trying to say its out of date since I just tried downloading the lastest .NET thing and it said its all there up to date.

Application: NCLauncher2.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.IO.EndOfStreamException
   at ProtoBuf.ProtoReader.Ensure(Int32, Boolean)
   at ProtoBuf.ProtoReader.ReadString()
   at DynamicClass.proto_28(System.Object, ProtoBuf.ProtoReader)
   at ProtoBuf.Serializers.CompiledSerializer.ProtoBuf.Serializers.IProtoSerializer.Read(System.Object, ProtoBuf.ProtoReader)
   at ProtoBuf.Meta.RuntimeTypeModel.Deserialize(Int32, System.Object, ProtoBuf.ProtoReader)
   at ProtoBuf.Meta.TypeModel.DeserializeCore(ProtoBuf.ProtoReader, System.Type, System.Object, Boolean)
   at ProtoBuf.Meta.TypeModel.Deserialize(System.IO.Stream, System.Object, System.Type, ProtoBuf.SerializationContext)
   at ProtoBuf.Serializer.Deserialize[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]](System.IO.Stream)
   at GameUpdateService.US4GameInfoStream.Deserialize(Byte[], Int32)
   at GameUpdateService.US4GameInfoStream.SocketSendReceive(Byte[])
   at GameUpdateService.US4GameInfoStream.GetGameInfoLanguageRequest(System.String)
   at GameUpdateService.US4GameInfoStream+<ProcessRequestService>d__33.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore+<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__6_1(System.Object)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(System.Object)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

And that was in the log thingy of why it failed... tho its saying the framework is 4.0 looks like when I have 4.8 installed. Is it possible the launcher is outdated itself?

And this was the application error

Faulting application name: NCLauncher2.exe, version: 2.2.0.620, time stamp: 0x5fae2ce6
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.18362.1139, time stamp: 0x6a8e6b97
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x00114662
Faulting process id: 0x40c0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6c6a8e24f608a
Faulting application path: D:\Games\NC Launcher 2\NCLauncher2.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: ca40e510-b73e-4135-bf03-8979673d2ee6
Faulting package full name: 

Edited by EternalDarkness

46 minutes ago, EternalDarkness said:

It reports two errors. a .NET Runtime error, and then just one Application error. The .Net one confuses me greatly if its trying to say its out of date since I just tried downloading the lastest .NET thing and it said its all there up to date.

at ProtoBuf.Serializers.CompiledSerializer.ProtoBuf.Serializers.IProtoSerializer.Read(System.Object, ProtoBuf.ProtoReader)
   at ProtoBuf.Meta.RuntimeTypeModel.Deserialize(Int32, System.Object, ProtoBuf.ProtoReader)
   at ProtoBuf.Meta.TypeModel.DeserializeCore(ProtoBuf.ProtoReader, System.Type, System.Object, Boolean)
   at ProtoBuf.Meta.TypeModel.Deserialize(System.IO.Stream, System.Object, System.Type, ProtoBuf.SerializationContext)
   at ProtoBuf.Serializer.Deserialize[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]](System.IO.Stream)
   at GameUpdateService.US4GameInfoStream.GetGameInfoLanguageRequest(System.String)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore+<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__6_1(System.Object)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(System.Object)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()

And that was in the log thingy of why it failed... tho its saying the framework is 4.0 looks like when I have 4.8 installed. Is it possible the launcher is outdated itself?

1). Can you try to make a New User Account and check if the problem persists? 

*Change DNS / Try updating from VPN?

----------------------------------------------------------

2). Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributed Packages] - Make sure you have them all and make sure they are not corrupted. 

https://m.majorgeeks.com/files/details/visual_c_runtime_installer.html

3.) Try running .Net Framework repair tool, https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30135

4). [Open a Command Prompt, you can do this by clicking your Start Menu and in the bottom search bar type "cmd". In your Command Prompt box, type "sfc /scannow"] - This will scan for various corrupt files on your computer and try to fix them.

I remember there was a thread like this last year, but can't seem to find it now to check what solved the problemfor that person, will try search for it tomorrow on PC.

1 hour ago, SayhaSeer said:

1). Can you try to make a New User Account and check if the problem persists? 

*Change DNS / Try updating from VPN?

----------------------------------------------------------

2). Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributed Packages] - Make sure you have them all and make sure they are not corrupted. 

https://m.majorgeeks.com/files/details/visual_c_runtime_installer.html

3.) Try running .Net Framework repair tool, https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30135

4). [Open a Command Prompt, you can do this by clicking your Start Menu and in the bottom search bar type "cmd". In your Command Prompt box, type "sfc /scannow"] - This will scan for various corrupt files on your computer and try to fix them.

I remember there was a thread like this last year, but can't seem to find it now to check what solved the problemfor that person, will try search for it tomorrow on PC.

Did all of that and still no luck. Sure would be fantastic if they didn't make this buggy launcher mandatory to access the games, cause ive seen many threads of people having different issues then mine with it lol. Thanks for your patients tho. Hopefully something comes up soon, looks like a fun game and ive been trying for 3 days straight lol. Worst comes to worst I just try and see if a complete fresh reinstall of windows works. 

Faulting application name: NCLauncher2.exe, version: 2.2.0.620, time stamp: 0x5fae2ce6
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.18362.1139, time stamp: 0x6a8e6b97
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x00114662
Faulting process id: 0x40c0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6c6a8e24f608a
Faulting application path: D:\Games\NC Launcher 2\NCLauncher2.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: ca40e510-b73e-4135-bf03-8979673d2ee6
Faulting package full name: 

The file KernelBase.dll is a DLL file stored in the system folder of Windows operating system. It is created automatically during the installation of the Windows operating system. KernelBase.dll is used to launch .exe applications. When it is corrupt, you will get .dll missing or not found error when you start the programs.

Now KernelBase.dll Faulting Module can be caused by many things and I mean MANY, so lets try to narrow it down.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and let me know about the results

Method 1: Register the .dll file.

• Tap on the Windows key on your keyboard and type Command prompt.
  • Right click and Run as administrator.
  • Type: regsvr32 KERNELBASE.dll
  • Restart the computer and check.

Method 2: Copy the same file from another computer.

I would suggest you to copy the KernelBase.dll file from another computer running the same version and edition of Windows operating system.

The location of the file KernelBase.dll differs in each system based on the architecture. If it is 64-bit Windows OS, then the KernelBase.dll file is located in C:\Windows\SysWOW64. If it is 32-bit OS, then KernelBase.dll file is located in C:\Windows\System32.

To give permissions, follow the methods below:

• Right click on the Kernalbase.dll file, Select Properties.
  • Select Security tab.
  • Click on Advanced tab.
  • Check the owner of the file, click on Change.
  • Type in Everyone on Select User or Group, select everyone will give permission to everyone, if you want only the current user to have access, you can enter the current user name or the enter administrator, to give access to administrator only.
  • Click on Check Name and OK.
  • Check on Replace owner on sub containers and objects.
  • Click on Auditing, Click on Add, type Everyone and give full control and click OK.
  • Click on Effective Access, Click select user and Click on Select a principle, type in Everyone and give full control and click on OK.
  • Click on Apply and Click on OK.
  • Wait for the permission to apply.
  • Click on Advanced options again from the file properties Window (same step from step 3).
  • Click on Add, you might see change permission on your system, click on it and after that you will get the Add option. Add Everyone with Full control, click on OK and close all the Window.
  • Try to copy the file now and paste it in the other computer in which the file is corrupted. (If you have access denied error while pasting it, I would suggest you to provide the permissions to the kernalbase.dll file in the current PC as mentioned above)  

-----------------

Can you please make sure your operating system is up to date - (You can use the Windows 10 Update Assistant to download the latest version of Windows 10 - assuming you're using windows 10 :HajoonWow: - Link to download Assistant = https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=799445

Also try disabling Your Windows Anti-Virus or if you have an installed one when running update on NC Launcher to make sure it's not the Anti-Virus causing False-Positive problem. 

The reason you are getting this message is because the Windows 10 comes with .NET Framework 4.7 and 4.5 preinstalled. However, some of the applications might requires an earlier version (like 2.0, 3.5 or 4.0). You can try to disable and then enable the .Net Framework 4.7 on the computer and any application which requires the 4.0 version should work.

Follow the steps:

1.    Type ‘Turn Windows features on or off’ in the Windows search bar and press Enter.

2.    Click on the ‘+’ icon in front of .NET Framework 4.7 Advance Services.

3.    Uncheck all the options.

4.    Once the framework is uninstalled, restart the computer.

5.    Follow the above steps from 1-4. Then check all the options back.

6.    Once the framework is installed, restart the computer again.

Run the application now and check if you are getting the error message.

You can also try to enable .NET Framework version 3.5.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/install/dotnet-35-windows-10

Also take a look at this thread and try follow some of the steps given and see if anything solves the problem.

In mean while. While you're trying to solve the issue yourself, I recommend you to contact Support as well as it might be beneficial in solving this issue, I'm pretty sure they get tickets from people all the time with similar problems, now in case Support offers you things to try that you already tried from this thread, you could link the forum post and say, hey these things I've tried and didn't worked, could you offer me other solutions etc. Now I can keep offering you things to try and hope that something will solve the issue for you, but especially Kernalbase.dll problem is very wide and a lot of things can be causing it, so you'll probably try a lot of different things without success before you narrow it down.   > https://support.bladeandsoul.com/hc/en-us

Edited by SayhaSeer