Huh? I'm a little confused about Heaven's Reach.

LunaBlood

Is Heaven's Reach supposed to be an island high in the sky or just an island out on the ocean water? If I remember clearly, Heaven's Reach didn't look all that high up during the cutscenes. But standing on Heaven's Reach, I noticed that it seems to be up in the clouds and that you couldn't see the water below. However, I have to question that as I remember Jinosyun and the other two look down off the edge of Heaven's Reach.

So I'm just curious as to just how high up is Heaven's Reach exactly. 

Edited by LunaBlood

13 hours ago, Miwaran said:

Heaven's Reach is the highest place in this world because it almost touch the heaven. 
I recommend you go watch the cutscenes again. 

Will do, but it probably won't change, especially the cutscene with Dochun looking at Heaven's Reach, which he can see from his boat. That wouldn't be possible if it was so high up. Technically, no place can touch the heavens.

8 hours ago, Rmccn08 said:

"Heavens" Reach? Hello? If you go to heavens reach you can clearly see there's absolutely nothing around because your in the sky..

I have done that and noticed the same thing, but I also notice a few other things during the cutscenes. The first thing is mentioned above in the beginning cutscene with Dochun. The second thing I want to mention is the cutscene where the character is thrown off the edge of Heaven's Reach, which didn't look like a very long drop if you ask me.

Update: I rewatched the first two scenes. The first one doesn't change as Dochun could still see Heaven's Reach from his boat, and in that cutscene, Heaven's Reach didn't look all that high up. As for the second cutscene, it was very hard to tell as they was only extremely short glimpses of the fall in-between the memories on Heaven's Reach. However, it did look like Heaven's Reach was a bit longer of a drop than what I originally thought in that cutscene, or at least as far as I can tell. Still, that doesn't really make much sense as to why Dochun was able to see Heaven's Reach from the ocean, or why Jinsoyun looked down off the edge of Heaven's Reach.

However, Heaven's Reach can't be the highest place in the world. That information wouldn't make any sense because Heaven's Reach has no snow on it, unlike that of Jiwan's Peak, which is covered in snow.

Edited by LunaBlood
  • Like 1

On 11/27/2020 at 9:45 PM, LunaBlood said:

Will do, but it probably won't change, especially the cutscene with Dochun looking at Heaven's Reach, which he can see from his boat. That wouldn't be possible if it was so high up. Technically, no place can touch the heavens.

I have done that and noticed the same thing, but I also notice a few other things during the cutscenes. The first thing is mentioned above in the beginning cutscene with Dochun. The second thing I want to mention is the cutscene where the character is thrown off the edge of Heaven's Reach, which didn't look like a very long drop if you ask me.

Update: I rewatched the first two scenes. The first one doesn't change as Dochun could still see Heaven's Reach from his boat, and in that cutscene, Heaven's Reach didn't look all that high up. As for the second cutscene, it was very hard to tell as they was only extremely short glimpses of the fall in-between the memories on Heaven's Reach. However, it did look like Heaven's Reach was a bit longer of a drop than what I originally thought in that cutscene, or at least as far as I can tell. Still, that doesn't really make much sense as to why Dochun was able to see Heaven's Reach from the ocean, or why Jinsoyun looked down off the edge of Heaven's Reach.

However, Heaven's Reach can't be the highest place in the world. That information wouldn't make any sense because Heaven's Reach has no snow on it, unlike that of Jiwan's Peak, which is covered in snow.

Ok first of all your looking into this way too much lol. Second, technically no, its not the highest point in the world. Heaven's Reach is located in the south sea, about an hour or two out from the shores of Bamboo Village on the Viridian Coast. So your initial question was whether Heavens Reach was an island or an actual floating island. Heavens Reach is a floating island in the sky outside of the Viridian Coast. The reason being because Master Hong was very secretive about the Hongmoon arts. The techniques are very powerful, and he only wanted to share these arts with specific people he knew would use them only for good. That's why if you pay attention in the first few cut scenes of the game, Master Hong makes it clear that one cannot simply just show up to Heavens Reach and knock on the door. Lusung helped Jinsoyun, Yura, and Gubong get into heavens reach. Another testament to this is that there is no way to walk into heavens reach in game. The only way to get there is by dragon pulse. In short, its a floating island.

12 hours ago, Rmccn08 said:

Ok first of all your looking into this way too much lol. Second, technically no, its not the highest point in the world. Heaven's Reach is located in the south sea, about an hour or two out from the shores of Bamboo Village on the Viridian Coast. So your initial question was whether Heavens Reach was an island or an actual floating island. Heavens Reach is a floating island in the sky outside of the Viridian Coast. The reason being because Master Hong was very secretive about the Hongmoon arts. The techniques are very powerful, and he only wanted to share these arts with specific people he knew would use them only for good. That's why if you pay attention in the first few cut scenes of the game, Master Hong makes it clear that one cannot simply just show up to Heavens Reach and knock on the door. Lusung helped Jinsoyun, Yura, and Gubong get into heavens reach. Another testament to this is that there is no way to walk into heavens reach in game. The only way to get there is by dragon pulse. In short, its a floating island.

That's probably true, but the reason why I asked was because on top of Heaven's Reach all I could see was clouds and nothing below. Thanks for confirming that it isn't the highest point in the world, but I pretty much figured that considering there was no snow on the island. I know the reason for Heaven's Reach, I just wasn't sure it was in the sky. I thought it was on the ocean only until just recently. As for the Hongmoon arts being very powerful, that's a bunch of rubbish in the game at least. Even after gaining the power from Hong the character still gets owned by people that are stronger than them, which indicates that the Hongmoon arts aren't all that powerful as they are claimed. There was no information on how Lusung helped Jinosyun, Yura, and Gubong get into Heavens Reach. Yeah, sure he betrayed the Hongmoon School, that much we know, but there was no mention of how Lusung helped them get onto Heaven's Reach. He certainly couldn't have done it while inside the cave challenging your character.

None the less, my question has been answered. The island is in the sky, but not so high up that it's the highest point in the world.

12 hours ago, LunaBlood said:

That's probably true, but the reason why I asked was because on top of Heaven's Reach all I could see was clouds and nothing below. Thanks for confirming that it isn't the highest point in the world, but I pretty much figured that considering there was no snow on the island. I know the reason for Heaven's Reach, I just wasn't sure it was in the sky. I thought it was on the ocean only until just recently. As for the Hongmoon arts being very powerful, that's a bunch of rubbish in the game at least. Even after gaining the power from Hong the character still gets owned by people that are stronger than them, which indicates that the Hongmoon arts aren't all that powerful as they are claimed. There was no information on how Lusung helped Jinosyun, Yura, and Gubong get into Heavens Reach. Yeah, sure he betrayed the Hongmoon School, that much we know, but there was no mention of how Lusung helped them get onto Heaven's Reach. He certainly couldn't have done it while inside the cave challenging your character.

None the less, my question has been answered. The island is in the sky, but not so high up that it's the highest point in the world.

Lol idky I am getting so deep into this but I guess I will. Lusung used to live with his mother, father, and older sister, Yujung in Sandstone Refuge and lived a relatively happy life. However, Dokdan(one of the three sages) mentions that he sensed some darkness within Lusung even before Colonel Yonkai murdered his family. He conspired with Jinsoyun long before the attack on Heavens Reach. It's explained in later dialogue throughout the game I just don't remember the exact explanation. He believed that he could get his hands upon the secret of the hongmoon hrts, but Jinsoyun approached him at some point, offering him even greater power through the dark arts. Seeing the school as being pathetic and useless in comparison to the power Jinsoyun promised, he assists her in bringing down the Hongmoon School. As far as the hongmoon arts not being powerful, LOL as of Act 11, Chapter 7, the hongmoon arts master(us) is literally the only person on the planet who can stop Mushin. Jiwan is dead, Hong is dead, Iksanun is dead, the eight masters are dead, everyone and anyone with the power to possibly stand to mushin is dead. The only person that can stop him is you. The last student of the hongmoon arts. It sounds like you haven't even gotten through Act 4. Have you seen the end of Act 4?? The showcase of the full power of the hongmoon arts at the Altar of Divine Will? How can you say the hongmoon arts aren't the most powerful marital arts in the game, when literally every world ending threat, Jinsoyun, Lusung, Zulia, Chol Mugo, that Dasari Princess chick, and whoever those mechanical beings are in IA have all been defeated by the Hongmoon arts? What a weird thing to say especially considering the game revolves around one martial tome..The Hongmoon Arts Tome??????????????????????

5 hours ago, Rmccn08 said:

Lol idky I am getting so deep into this but I guess I will. Lusung used to live with his mother, father, and older sister, Yujung in Sandstone Refuge and lived a relatively happy life. However, Dokdan(one of the three sages) mentions that he sensed some darkness within Lusung even before Colonel Yonkai murdered his family. He conspired with Jinsoyun long before the attack on Heavens Reach. It's explained in later dialogue throughout the game I just don't remember the exact explanation. He believed that he could get his hands upon the secret of the hongmoon hrts, but Jinsoyun approached him at some point, offering him even greater power through the dark arts. Seeing the school as being pathetic and useless in comparison to the power Jinsoyun promised, he assists her in bringing down the Hongmoon School. As far as the hongmoon arts not being powerful, LOL as of Act 11, Chapter 7, the hongmoon arts master(us) is literally the only person on the planet who can stop Mushin. Jiwan is dead, Hong is dead, Iksanun is dead, the eight masters are dead, everyone and anyone with the power to possibly stand to mushin is dead. The only person that can stop him is you. The last student of the hongmoon arts. It sounds like you haven't even gotten through Act 4. Have you seen the end of Act 4?? The showcase of the full power of the hongmoon arts at the Altar of Divine Will? How can you say the hongmoon arts aren't the most powerful marital arts in the game, when literally every world ending threat, Jinsoyun, Lusung, Zulia, Chol Mugo, that Dasari Princess chick, and whoever those mechanical beings are in IA have all been defeated by the Hongmoon arts? What a weird thing to say especially considering the game revolves around one martial tome..The Hongmoon Arts Tome??????????????????????

Ah, yea, I have seen the end of act 4, when the character gains the power. Then, later on, the character still gets owned despite the claim that the Hongmoon Arts are very powerful. That doesn't really make the Hongmoon arts seem very powerful if the character continuously gets defeated by other characters after obtaining the power.

And you missed the fact that despite having that power, the character still allows several people to die, still gets owned previously by characters such as Zulia, Mushin, and even their own student. I mean take a look at act 8, where Mushin appeared and you had to fight him, only to get owned despite having the power of the Hongmoon School. So in a way, it is contradicting the fact that the Hongmoon Arts are supposed to be very powerful. Either that or the character is just too stupid to use them properly at the most precise moment when it really matters, such as saving someone's life.

5 hours ago, LunaBlood said:

Ah, yea, I have seen the end of act 4, when the character gains the power. Then, later on, the character still gets owned despite the claim that the Hongmoon Arts are very powerful. That doesn't really make the Hongmoon arts seem very powerful if the character continuously gets defeated by other characters after obtaining the power.

And you missed the fact that despite having that power, the character still allows several people to die, still gets owned previously by characters such as Zulia, Mushin, and even their own student. I mean take a look at act 8, where Mushin appeared and you had to fight him, only to get owned despite having the power of the Hongmoon School. So in a way, it is contradicting the fact that the Hongmoon Arts are supposed to be very powerful. Either that or the character is just too stupid to use them properly at the most precise moment when it really matters, such as saving someone's life.

OK so lets use your logic. Based off of your logic, for the Hongmoon Arts to be the most powerful form of Martial arts, this means that the The Master of The Hongmoon Arts should not let anyone die, students, citizens, individuals,  should not be subdued by various world ending threats, people, Mushin, Zulia, Lusung, Jinsoyun, etc etc, and should easily defeat anyone or anything that comes their way. Completely glossing over other various reasons for setbacks, like deceit, cheating, the dark arts, dark chi, unconceivable  advantages, literal god like power, murder, stealing, martyr, ETC ETC ETC. Also completely glossing over the certain traits of the Hongmoon Master, honor compassion, selflessness, and willpower, which Hongmoon students are suppose to wear like a badge, and is one of the main reasons Master Hong did not sacrifice the now Master of the Hongmoon Arts to stop Jinsoyun originally in the first place! This is why your logic doesn't make any sense. First off your logic completely looks over the blatant fact that this is A VIDEO GAME! How are you suppose to keep creating more content for a game with a character that kicks everyones ass as soon as they lock eyes. But beyond that, your implying that the Master of The Hongmoon Arts should be 100% perfect. But that's simply not true. And that's the entire point of the game. As stupid as the story can be at times, our character, Cricket, wields immense power and can easily be considered the strongest being in the Earthen Realm. But the story shows that even when you have all the power in the world, failure can and will happen. It's not about striving to be perfect, its about learning from your mistakes and growing from it. We see this clearly, especially in act 3 and 4. Our character tries and fails, tries again and fails, but does eventually succeed because they learned to let go of revenge. And that revenge was directly tied to failure. Seeing your entire school fall apart, seeing your fellow class mates die, and your master, and feeling helpless. That's where the desire for revenge came from, and it almost killed our character. Beyond Act 4 we see our character fail multiple times. Losing Jinsoyun, having trouble being a master, struggling to save Jinsoyun, struggling to defeat Zulia, causing trouble in Valindria, losing their students, losing Ryu, and many other setbacks. But here stands the most powerful being in the earthen realm, a failure in your eyes. But where there is failure, there are also many victories. As of Act 11, the Earthen Realm is safe at the time. Who is responsible for this? The three sages? No, what have they done except teach and guide? One of four Guardians? No their all dead, except for Mushin. The New Masters? No. Jinsoyun? No. The eight masters? No. Dochun? No. Yunsung? No. Ogong? No. Who?! Who is responsible for the current safety of the earth?! The destruction of the Ebondrake? The defeats of countless evil? Who defeated Jinsoyun? Who defeated Hajoon?? Who saved the world?! Twice?! And more and likely 3 times?!! HUH?! Dont play with me man! Now heres my question to you. If the Hongmoon Arts are not the most powerful form of Martial Arts, what is????? And don't say the Dark Arts because the last time I checked, no being filled with Dark Chi has ever succeeded in taking over the Earthen Realm. I'm curious please explain

1 hour ago, Rmccn08 said:

OK so lets use your logic. Based off of your logic, for the Hongmoon Arts to be the most powerful form of Martial arts, this means that the The Master of The Hongmoon Arts should not let anyone die, students, citizens, individuals,  should not be subdued by various world ending threats, people, Mushin, Zulia, Lusung, Jinsoyun, etc etc, and should easily defeat anyone or anything that comes their way. Completely glossing over other various reasons for setbacks, like deceit, cheating, the dark arts, dark chi, unconceivable  advantages, literal god like power, murder, stealing, martyr, ETC ETC ETC. Also completely glossing over the certain traits of the Hongmoon Master, honor compassion, selflessness, and willpower, which Hongmoon students are suppose to wear like a badge, and is one of the main reasons Master Hong did not sacrifice the now Master of the Hongmoon Arts to stop Jinsoyun originally in the first place! This is why your logic doesn't make any sense. First off your logic completely looks over the blatant fact that this is A VIDEO GAME! How are you suppose to keep creating more content for a game with a character that kicks everyones ass as soon as they lock eyes. But beyond that, your implying that the Master of The Hongmoon Arts should be 100% perfect. But that's simply not true. And that's the entire point of the game. As stupid as the story can be at times, our character, Cricket, wields immense power and can easily be considered the strongest being in the Earthen Realm. But the story shows that even when you have all the power in the world, failure can and will happen. It's not about striving to be perfect, its about learning from your mistakes and growing from it. We see this clearly, especially in act 3 and 4. Our character tries and fails, tries again and fails, but does eventually succeed because they learned to let go of revenge. And that revenge was directly tied to failure. Seeing your entire school fall apart, seeing your fellow class mates die, and your master, and feeling helpless. That's where the desire for revenge came from, and it almost killed our character. Beyond Act 4 we see our character fail multiple times. Losing Jinsoyun, having trouble being a master, struggling to save Jinsoyun, struggling to defeat Zulia, causing trouble in Valindria, losing their students, losing Ryu, and many other setbacks. But here stands the most powerful being in the earthen realm, a failure in your eyes. But where there is failure, there are also many victories. As of Act 11, the Earthen Realm is safe at the time. Who is responsible for this? The three sages? No, what have they done except teach and guide? One of four Guardians? No their all dead, except for Mushin. The New Masters? No. Jinsoyun? No. The eight masters? No. Dochun? No. Yunsung? No. Ogong? No. Who?! Who is responsible for the current safety of the earth?! The destruction of the Ebondrake? The defeats of countless evil? Who defeated Jinsoyun? Who defeated Hajoon?? Who saved the world?! Twice?! And more and likely 3 times?!! HUH?! Dont play with me man! Now heres my question to you. If the Hongmoon Arts are not the most powerful form of Martial Arts, what is????? And don't say the Dark Arts because the last time I checked, no being filled with Dark Chi has ever succeeded in taking over the Earthen Realm. I'm curious please explain

No, you get me wrong. Jinsoyun's storyline did make sense because for one the character did not come into power as of yet. And sure, we got a few glimpses of the character showing off that power, such as the ending of act 4, which was the major point of where it was shown off. It was shown off a little during act 7 against Zulia, but even then the character couldn't even get close to her despite all the power the character is claimed to have. Now if they actually exchanged a few blows before the character got away, then perhaps it would be more believable. As for Mushin, the character continuously loses to him despite all that power. Sure, you get the chance of fighting him, but you still lose regardless. It would be a lot more impressive and believable if there was some sort of struggle on Mushin's half. Sure he might have achieved what he wanted in the end, but if there was more of a struggle against the main character to achieve that, instead of him showing up and pawning your character like a total rookie and newbie.

Learning from what mistakes? The main character really learns from any mistakes. Regardless, this topic really has nothing to do with the main topic of this discussion, which I said was already answered. So why both changing the topic to something else. And sure, I get that it's a game. There is a difference between being 100% perfect, being a complete idiot, and being very powerful. Sure the person can make mistakes, but there was no indication that the character was making any mistake when they fought against Mushin in Act 8 or when the character was facing Zulia previously in Act 7. The character was just completely outclassed in every way. They didn't even manage to land a hit on the opponent at all, and that contradicts the fact that the Hongmoon Arts are supposed to be very powerful.

Come on at least land a punch or a kick. Is that too much to ask for? Anyway, this topic is way off-topic, so I suggest dropping it as the original question was already answered.

7 hours ago, LunaBlood said:

No, you get me wrong. Jinsoyun's storyline did make sense because for one the character did not come into power as of yet. And sure, we got a few glimpses of the character showing off that power, such as the ending of act 4, which was the major point of where it was shown off. It was shown off a little during act 7 against Zulia, but even then the character couldn't even get close to her despite all the power the character is claimed to have. Now if they actually exchanged a few blows before the character got away, then perhaps it would be more believable. As for Mushin, the character continuously loses to him despite all that power. Sure, you get the chance of fighting him, but you still lose regardless. It would be a lot more impressive and believable if there was some sort of struggle on Mushin's half. Sure he might have achieved what he wanted in the end, but if there was more of a struggle against the main character to achieve that, instead of him showing up and pawning your character like a total rookie and newbie.

Learning from what mistakes? The main character really learns from any mistakes. Regardless, this topic really has nothing to do with the main topic of this discussion, which I said was already answered. So why both changing the topic to something else. And sure, I get that it's a game. There is a difference between being 100% perfect, being a complete idiot, and being very powerful. Sure the person can make mistakes, but there was no indication that the character was making any mistake when they fought against Mushin in Act 8 or when the character was facing Zulia previously in Act 7. The character was just completely outclassed in every way. They didn't even manage to land a hit on the opponent at all, and that contradicts the fact that the Hongmoon Arts are supposed to be very powerful.

Come on at least land a punch or a kick. Is that too much to ask for? Anyway, this topic is way off-topic, so I suggest dropping it as the original question was already answered.

I rest my case lol!