Forums

More Channels

Why the Hell is there just one Channel for The Primeweald ???

The Areas are Packed with Players and because  of that the Game has been Freezing on me All Night. I have a Decent Comp and rarely have I had Lag in this game but in the Primeweald the game has been constantly Freezing up which means I have too Kill the game, log back in, rezz because I died due the freeze, port back into Primeweald, find a place too farm that isn't totally Packed only to shortly afterwards Freeze up again due too more players coming to farm. Iv spent more time because of this then I have farming.

Why isn't more Channels being added like with the Moon Refuge ?
If you Listen to chat from the area Lots and Lots of players are Lagging Badly in the Primeweald.

• Like 2

hmm what class/spec you're on?

my BM 3rd spec is unplayable but I  swapped to astro now and it's fine. I'm doing 2nd quest -  no freezes and much better fps.

BM would freeze even If just stood there, out of combat.

Edited by kadius

1st Spec and Astro
Iv only froze while trying to farm. Iv Found that I have to Find the Perfect Spot to farm so the Game Doesn't Freeze, some of the zones I have NP but others is a Nightmare. But then coming back to the area I had problems in at a later time I then have no Freezes and little lag. I haven't tried another char yet ( wanting to get the last pet gem for my Astro ) but I am wanting/hoping to do  Primeweald with my Gunner ( 2nd Main )

Edited by Drakor
  • NCSOFT

Similar to previous auto-hunt zones, it sounds like more channels will open if the cap is reached. Now that this is a permanent feature, let's see if we can add permanent channels. Thanks!

• Like 1

Thanks for the Update Hime :thumbsup:but please add more even if the Cap isn't Reached for peoples enjoyment of this Event

Having 2 or 3 Perm Channels would be a Huge Help for everyone trying to do Primeweald

Edited by Drakor

I tried both 32 and 64 bits. can't even hit on auto farm. I don't know why every auto farm map has to have 1 ch when you know well ppl will be there 24/7. If auto farm was handled by server instead of our local ping, things would be better, but ofc ncsoft will never do such thing. 

Although the channel limit was advertised at 100, Stoneshell Island appears to be divided(those white transition portals between quadrants) into 4 separate zones.  After experiencing the area, one would infer that an individual quadrant would need 100 people to generate a second channel, so technically like 100/quadrant or 400 people for a ch2 in each quadrant.  That feels too dense.  With the pvp toggle removed, we could use some more space as not to crowd each other.

Thanks for looking into adding more channels permanently.

64 max per channel would be neat ... Let's be honest the game engine is poorly optimized and worse than source engine or old quake ones ...

And I'm pretty sure server side soft is barely spamming to the client the info at time ... ( why lobby or arena tagging is missing/timeout sometimes ? Or everyone having big freezes at the same time on raids for 12 only ?! )

I have been thinking.
I have been playing MMORPGs for about 20 Years now and B&S is the WORST Optimized game that iv EVER Played. Every game going back too Dark Ages of Camelot which came out in 2001 I don't ever  remember Lagging, Crashing or Freezing. in DAoC we had HUGE PvP Battles with 200+ peeps and 0 lag. Every game after that I don't remember lagging, freezing or crashing. Even playing Aion a NCsoft game I don't remember ever having these problems. Only after I started playing B&S I was introduced to Lag, freezing up and crashing.

12 hours ago, kadius said:

my BM 3rd spec is unplayable but I  swapped to astro now and it's fine

Yeah, same thing with archer, just the problem is little different, same thing I had previous event zone too, It displays 50-60 FPS in the zone, but the game-play feels like below 10 FPS, lagging etc without FPS dropping, happens on archer, seems to be a lot better on other classes though, it's like you enter the zone and Monitor Refresh Rate is not in sync with the game or something lol, only happens in those zones though and on specific characters. 

On 11/19/2020 at 11:52 AM, Hime said:

Similar to previous auto-hunt zones, it sounds like more channels will open if the cap is reached. Now that this is a permanent feature, let's see if we can add permanent channels. Thanks!

if its meant to open up as more ppl are present, i don't think its working properly.

for two days now, every spot has 2-6 people fighting over the same group of mobs (anyhwere from 4 to 12 mobs)

so unless the system is made so that its expecting 1:2 or 1:1 player to mob ratio or something.... its not counting players properly. 

On 2020-11-19 at 7:52 PM, Hime said:

the cap is reached already day 1, not a chance to get a spot for autohunt, so pls open more channels so everyone who wants can be in there

fps is 2 if any (most often frozen screen with resulting game crash) and ms around 300-500

Without fail, I always crash in the Vilebriar Woodlands of this afk area even at times like 4am. It's likely because it's always packed since this is the area people are most likely to end up in. I don't crash in the other sections and can complete the quest.

It's come to the point where this will eventually probably keep me from getting emblems for the event if it keeps up. I've been playing the game since launch and I can probably count the times I've crashed on my two hands, so it's not on my end at that point. This area needs more channels IMMEDIATELY. It's being overloaded. No point in me trying to get a party either as I crash.

Don't quote me with "works on my machine" because I don't care if you don't crash. 

Edited by Gengar
On 11/25/2020 at 3:42 PM, luzt said:

Oogie boogie, any news about this? Or is it on the back-burner because of the Black Friday sales and it being permanent content and all ?

Add more mobs in Vilebriar area !!

On 11/19/2020 at 12:52 PM, Hime said:

Please do thank ya!

Am 19.11.2020 um 19:52 schrieb Hime:

2 weeks later.. still 1 channel.

(Correct me if i am wrong but i dont saw more than one channel until now.)