Holloween event currency now useless?

newborn666

They did tell you in advance on the website so you could have used the haunted tokens.
Despite that it is not very nice that they are starting to remove event stuff the final day so you can't get them anymore, but hey the game is well on its way to the bottom already with all the p2w stuff that is coming out faster and faster.

1 hour ago, 900870_1452550662 said:

They did tell you in advance on the website so you could have used the haunted tokens.
Despite that it is not very nice that they are starting to remove event stuff the final day so you can't get them anymore, but hey the game is well on its way to the bottom already with all the p2w stuff that is coming out faster and faster.

They did, but only few hours before the maintenance.

I am pretty sure there were numerous people couldn't read the patch note before the maintenance including myself.

10 hours ago, 900870_1452550662 said:

Yeh right.. putting it into the patch notes 9h before server maintenance is realy helpful. And it's the players fault for not looking at the homepage every 2h.

That the tooltip states otherwise for weeks (and still does) is something thats completely irrelevant..

Edited by Hated

@Hime

I'd only bother to post here now when something outrageous happens. So now it's time.

I sent a ticket asking to change my tokens into the rewards obtained from the letter-tiles, but my ticket was responded with a refusal to help.

When others have already shown their ticket response where the support has offered them the service that I was denied, that makes the reply I got nothing but a lie and disrespect.

Treat your customers equally, and not with rng.

Make the right choice and enable the transmute for the Halloween tokens into letters again until 15th December. It was your fault giving false information, that the event tokens could be used until 15th December, like it still claims on the tokens. Leaving only a couple of useless items to be claimed in dragon express after maintenance is not right, or if that was the known intention from the start, that should have been timely announced when the event began, and not only some hours before the maintenance at the end of the event. The timing was way too late, some Europeans were already sleeping at that time.

Edited by Miayu

This is pretty ridiculous to let us collect currency until the very last day of the event (and a bit after with the extra Box Of Spells), and then remove the option to redeem our rewards. We put in a lot of effort collecting these things, but can't do anything with it. A lot of us waited until the event ended because the redemption period is much later than that and we did not want to purchase duplicate tiles.

Please reconsider your decision of removing the transmutations.

Logically speaking if only a few people complain, I can understand NCSoft willing to burn them and not lift a finger to help. However, with this many people, surely, NCSoft would realize that they are going to end up turning away a lot of players (many of whom might be paying players, me included) if they do nothing, right?

This is the textbook definition of bad business practices. O_o

Get used with these events that after maintenance the oils/unity purple get removed 

So for this event instead to regreat again and cry here ,get used this is how will be from now on , if you noticed all the items oil,pet pack,unity purple cost a really small amount of event currency while the reward of event currency is super high,like in 7 days u almost have enough for 2x resets . Literally even after event end after 4 weeks you will still have enough currency for like 3-4 resets more per character.

Obviously for this event will be same at the end of it , they will remove oil,pet pack,purple unity with the maintenance from the end of this event . 

Ya it is bad and sad ,but we know they don't care anymore, so just ADAPT ,avoid some stress ,drama etc 

Everything work as INTENDED. ^.^

7 hours ago, Zuzuzuzuzu said:

Get used with these events that after maintenance the oils/unity purple get removed 

So for this event instead to regreat again and cry here ,get used this is how will be from now on , if you noticed all the items oil,pet pack,unity purple cost a really small amount of event currency while the reward of event currency is super high,like in 7 days u almost have enough for 2x resets . Literally even after event end after 4 weeks you will still have enough currency for like 3-4 resets more per character.

Obviously for this event will be same at the end of it , they will remove oil,pet pack,purple unity with the maintenance from the end of this event . 

Ya it is bad and sad ,but we know they don't care anymore, so just ADAPT ,avoid some stress ,drama etc 

Everything work as INTENDED. ^.^

You are not getting the point of this thread.

We are not talking about pet pack / oil / unity stone chests after the event.

Those rewards are from redeeming "Happy Halloween Token."

We are talking about transmutation of letters from "Haunted Halloween Token" is removed after the maintenance.

Lets be real ? The main story of this topic is not about cosmetic box transmute ? loooool by this time everyone should have already all the outfits from these box ,is not the first event having it , is like 30th event with same cosmetic box . Kekw outfits loool have them all since ages from previous events,not saying that u could go full outfits box on alts and send after on main ,you get 20x free ( the hell that item is called for outfits) per month .

The main REASON about this story in this topic is about the transmuting letter H aka for awaken unity chest, we all know that 2nd chest could be bought if u open right away after reset at 07:00 in the morning , don't try anymore to invent a story about outfits etc that is b***s*** .
The outfit complain is just a cover to get back the transmute for letter H , and i can BET my left hand  if ncsoft put back the transmute without letter H ,you will still cry about it and this topic will go on . 
Be realistic ,stop fooling around . Ncosft is not dumb when is about money , soon pretty soon yu will see awaken unity chest in F10 ,the reason they really closed server at 06:00 to not get 2nd chest.
End of story . good luck .

Edited by Zuzuzuzuzu

16 minutes ago, Zuzuzuzuzu said:

Lets be real ? The main story of this topic is not about cosmetic box transmute ? loooool by this time everyone should have already all the outfits from these box ,is not the first event having it , is like 30th event with same cosmetic box . Kekw outfits loool have them all since ages from previous events,not saying that u could go full outfits box on alts and send after on main ,you get 20x free ( the hell that item is called for outfits) per month .

The main REASON about this story in this topic is about the transmuting letter H aka for awaken unity chest, we all know that 2nd chest could be bought if u open right away after reset at 07:00 in the morning , don't try anymore to invent a story about outfits etc that is b***s*** .
The outfit complain is just a cover to get back the transmute for letter H , and i can BET my left hand  if ncsoft put back the transmute without letter H ,you will still cry about it and this topic will go on . 
Be realistic ,stop fooling around . Ncosft is not dumb when is about money , soon pretty soon yu will see awaken unity chest in F10 ,the reason they really closed server at 06:00 to not get 2nd chest.
End of story . good luck .

I don't know for others, but the maximum Haunted Halloween Tokens I have is 31 on my main character. (because I spent 33 on H already)

My alt charcaters have 20 of em each because I haven't spent at all on them.
Also, I don't get how you can open 2nd H letter box, The maximum was 64 Haunted Halloween Tokens as far as I know.

20 (from 4 weeks of weekly quests) + 40 (from the initial box from F10) + 4 (from weekly rewards for 2 weeks) = 64

And I care about outfits because you can't get Halloween outfit box from other events.

Edited by ByuL

25 minutes ago, ByuL said:

I don't know for others, but the maximum Haunted Halloween Tokens I have is 31 on my main character. (because I spent 33 on H already)

Trust me it was very possible to do 2x letter H ,they give us extra * don;t know the name , someone post the correct math how it was able to do 2x letter H ,but not in this topic .
i knew it too it was possible because people talk in discord and share infos ,but i give up since i knew it i can't play in Wednesday morning due to work schedule. 
Next time use alts for trash items such pet packs,oils,outfits , divide your alts, be more efficient , make correct math in the first week , don't wait for event finish and go to ur couch with ur note book and a pen to do the math . Be more efficient , better safe than sorry later . 

Pretty sure that Zuzu guy is a troll. That or a simp for NCSoft who actually loves the abuse? What kind of reasoning is "NCSoft always cheats you so just be prepared for the next time..."

Going to go out on a limb here and say that most of the people on this thread DID put in a ton of time and work into this event to farm all the tokens. With both the tooltip AND event page claiming (STILL stating in fact) that the tokens can be redeemed up until Dec. 16th, NCSoft is obviously in the wrong here. Most players probably do take out that "pen and paper" to do the math for what they can redeem AFTER obtaining the last bit of event tokens, which for this event came *drumroll please* AFTER NCSoft removed the transmuting option.

If NCSoft is too proud to admit they are wrong, fine, but at the very least, take responsibility and just honor the tickets quietly on the side then.

4 hours ago, Zuzuzuzuzu said:

Trust me it was very possible to do 2x letter H ,they give us extra * don;t know the name , someone post the correct math how it was able to do 2x letter H ,but not in this topic .
i knew it too it was possible because people talk in discord and share infos ,but i give up since i knew it i can't play in Wednesday morning due to work schedule. 
Next time use alts for trash items such pet packs,oils,outfits , divide your alts, be more efficient , make correct math in the first week , don't wait for event finish and go to ur couch with ur note book and a pen to do the math . Be more efficient , better safe than sorry later . 

nop you were never going to get the other H. It was designed that way, just 1.

4 hours ago, Ynneja said:

This thread is going to die without ever getting even an explanation let alone a resolution? Thanks for staying transparent with your play base, NCSoft.

You know that's the most disgraceful part, not even an explanation, not even a "sorry we f up", nothing just gives you the extent of their worries for the player base.

On 22.11.2020 at 9:25 PM, ByuL said:

My alt charcaters have 20 of em each because I haven't spent at all on them.
Also, I don't get how you can open 2nd H letter box, The maximum was 64 Haunted Halloween Tokens as far as I know.

20 (from 4 weeks of weekly quests) + 40 (from the initial box from F10) + 4 (from weekly rewards for 2 weeks) = 64

And I care about outfits because you can't get Halloween outfit box from other events.

On 23.11.2020 at 2:28 AM, Guillk said:

nop you were never going to get the other H. It was designed that way, just 1.

It's a EU only thing because the maintenance is in the middle of the day, there would have been enough time between the weekly reset and maintenance to get another 2 tokens for a total of 66 if they did the maintenance at the usual time. This is prolly the very reason we got maintenance last week that early to prevent that because they realized they messed up allowing people to get a second H.

Edited by Cor

It is a bug and I hope it gets fixed but I'm getting less and less sure with every day that @Hime is unresponsive.

I have not transmuted a single Haunted Halloween Token. It is my typical behaviour to stock event currencies until after the event to see how much I got and spend them according to my personal preferences. Items with a weekly limit excluded ofc.

The only thing they changed on purpose was removing items with a weekly limit. So again this is a bug. Let's see if they put in a few man-hours to fix the problem.

Edited by CooleSau

• NCSOFT

Unfortunately, not being able to use Haunted Halloween Tokens is not a bug. As the event has ended that also included the transmute options. We do apologize that this was not very clear in game and in the event preview. :(

We will also follow up regarding the current Golden Harvest Festival events to ensure there are no surprises there either.

2 hours ago, Hime said:

Unfortunately, not being able to use Haunted Halloween Tokens is not a bug. As the event has ended that also included the transmute options. We do apologize that this was not very clear in game and in the event preview. :(

We will also follow up regarding the current Golden Harvest Festival events to ensure there are no surprises there either.

Is it impossible to make tiles to be purchasable in Dragon Express tab using Haunted Halloween Tokens and Happy Halloween Tokens?
Cost should be the same as transmutation.

To be fair, the patch note was only few hours before the maintenance, it was impossible for some group of people to spend their hard-earned event currencies.

I think the support team should reconsider about this matter.

• Like 1

• NCSOFT
1 hour ago, ByuL said:

Is it impossible to make tiles to be purchasable in Dragon Express tab using Haunted Halloween Tokens and Happy Halloween Tokens?
Cost should be the same as transmutation.

Currently, yes, because it needs to be a game update and we're locked for deploying new updates for the time being.

2 hours ago, Hime said:

Currently, yes, because it needs to be a game update and we're locked for deploying new updates for the time being.

I have solution for this. You can promise that we can buy letters for halloween tokens in the future. So don't tell me now it is impossible, all you need is good will.

• Like 1