Holloween event currency now useless?

newborn666

I was under the impression that after each event, you have extra time to exchange your currency for items you want. With that I been saving haunted tokens and hope to exchange them for some good cosmetic, once I have some time to sit down and sort out the numbers I need.

However today I found out that the letter exchange function in transmute tab is gone, so the main currency we been grinding is now useless? What is the logic behind that...  I hope NC soft will add them back to the tab so people can exchange their Halloween haunted tokens, without able to do that there is almost no point of saving event reward tab in the Dragon express.

• Like 4

I mean they could implanted better, why can't you just buy letters in that same tab after the event, also why didn't they just Antique the haunted token this patch then? I asked around and there seem to be a lot people that have Haunted token still thinking they could exchange it today.

I'm going to be blunt - you should always plan to finish the event BY the final day. Never assume you can just go past the event and keep going. If you have basic event currency and it says it can be used after the event's due date, you can likely gamble on it being available, but don't count on it.

The Summer Brews from a couple of events were a good proof of this. While the brews could be used in the shop after the event, 90% of the items you could buy became unavailable as the event ended.

A lot of people assumed they could just do what they wanted and move past the event date, but that was playing with fire in of itself. Simply put... and to everyone who just assumed they could keep transmuting and using the tiles... you dun goofed. Let that be a lesson for next time.

• Like 1

And I'm going to be blunt too: by starting the maintenance at least 6 hours earlier, they screwed EU players over - again.

Was there any notice in advance? No?

Can you plan around this? No?

What a surprise....

Edited by Yiran

I don't understand why letters was removed from transmutation. Event is over so we can't get more tokens that means we can't made more letters than right before maintenance. NCWest effectively removed chance to get second letter "H" so I have 31 Haunted Tokens which are worthless now (half month of my time to collect them) and 500 Happy tokens which are almost worthless.

If NCWest don't want for ppl to get second letter "H", then just remove that one letter from transmutation and let other letters still be available, so ppl can at least collect cosmetic rewards from event.

7 hours ago, SilverFoxR said:

I'm going to be blunt - you should always plan to finish the event BY the final day. Never assume you can just go past the event and keep going. If you have basic event currency and it says it can be used after the event's due date, you can likely gamble on it being available, but don't count on it.

The Summer Brews from a couple of events were a good proof of this. While the brews could be used in the shop after the event, 90% of the items you could buy became unavailable as the event ended.

A lot of people assumed they could just do what they wanted and move past the event date, but that was playing with fire in of itself. Simply put... and to everyone who just assumed they could keep transmuting and using the tiles... you dun goofed. Let that be a lesson for next time.

You make it sound like it's the players fault when it isn't, we have a event period and a redemption period so unless you know from previous events that nc will screw you over it's only normal to assume that you can still redeem all your event currency. It's just terribly handled by nc like everything they do, if they remove rewards during redemption period they should announce it in the event notes and not do it steatlhily, they will always screw some people over who don't know that yet.

Also they screwed up even more this event because they removed the letter transmutation even though there is no reason to, they remove oils etc. because they have a weekly limit but there is no such limit on letter transmutation so you can't get more during redemption period than you already could thus there is no reason to remove it during redemption period that's just harassing the players for no reason.

At this point where they remove everything good after event ends anyway and potentially remove things that shouldn't be removed they should just remove redemption period completely that would probably screw over less people.

Edited by Cor
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Shironeko said:

I don't understand why letters was removed from transmutation. Event is over so we can't get more tokens that means we can't made more letters than right before maintenance. NCWest effectively removed chance to get second letter "H" so I have 31 Haunted Tokens which are worthless now (half month of my time to collect them) and 500 Happy tokens which are almost worthless.

If NCWest don't want for ppl to get second letter "H", then just remove that one letter from transmutation and let other letters still be available, so ppl can at least collect cosmetic rewards from event.

well because of the extended maintanance u can get only 1 h letter anyway.. so they wouldn't even had to remove it

I had a good amount of tokens saved up on several characters too, not spending them till after event as per usual with the events to count up what i lack and so on+ the fact that tower had a chance to drop tiles itself made it pointless to buy them beforehand. I heard patch notes stated that tiles would get removed from transmute tab, but i also heard they were posted tuesday night, and i was already in bed, and maintainence at 6 am, so not really a chance to spend tokens beforehand, kinda dumb if you ask me, so would like to see them back :(

• Like 2

I can't agree more with this thread.

They should've set expiry date of "Haunted Halloween Token" on 2020/11/17 if they were planning to remove the way of use the token itself.

However, it clearly says it's expiring on 2020/12/15.

Don't forget we were getting "1 Box Of Spells" from the weekly login rewards "AFTER" the patch maintenance.

What if I get the letter I want from the box of spells "AFTER" the maintenance?

Why would I waste my "Haunted Halloween Token" for possible duplicates?

Also, as many players pointed out, why can't we get detailed patch note in advance?
What if people don't have time to read the patch note because of their work/duty/timezone difference?

I strongly insist NC "MUST" re-enable transmutation of the letters.

If this is not possible, then they can add on Dragon Express Tab to buy the letters using both "Haunted Halloween Token" and "Happy Halloween Token."

Furthermore, I wrote a support ticket regarding to this matter, but if feels like the support team is making fun of me.

At first, they said they will manually convert the tokens if I tell them what letters I want to get using my tokens.

iW5aGrH.png

And then after I asked them if they could do the letter conversion for other characters as well on the same account, different GM replied:

UFYhnQ3.png

This doesn't make sense at all.

@Hime, Can you please give us detailed answer regarding to this matter?
We, our player base, don't want our effort to become useless after all.

@ByuL: At least you got a "positive" response the first time around. When I submitted a ticket, I got the immediate, "Nope."

Chances are, as more people started submitting tickets for this issue, the GMs realized it would be TOO MUCH work to help every individual so instead of thinking, "Oh snap, we messed up. We better fix this," they went the complete other way and decided NO ONE gets help. .__________.

2 hours ago, ByuL said:

I can't agree more with this thread.

They should've set expiry date of "Haunted Halloween Token" on 2020/11/17 if they were planning to remove the way of use the token itself.

However, it clearly says it's expiring on 2020/12/15.

Don't forget we were getting "1 Box Of Spells" from the weekly login rewards "AFTER" the patch maintenance.

What if I get the letter I want from the box of spells "AFTER" the maintenance?

Why would I waste my "Haunted Halloween Token" for possible duplicates?

Also, as many players pointed out, why can't we get detailed patch note in advance?
What if people don't have time to read the patch note because of their work/duty/timezone difference?

I strongly insist NC "MUST" re-enable transmutation of the letters.

If this is not possible, then they can add on Dragon Express Tab to buy the letters using both "Haunted Halloween Token" and "Happy Halloween Token."

Furthermore, I wrote a support ticket regarding to this matter, but if feels like the support team is making fun of me.

At first, they said they will manually convert the tokens if I tell them what letters I want to get using my tokens.

iW5aGrH.png

And then after I asked them if they could do the letter conversion for other characters as well on the same account, different GM replied:

UFYhnQ3.png

This doesn't make sense at all.

@Hime, Can you please give us detailed answer regarding to this matter?
We, our player base, don't want our effort to become useless after all.

Oh you have no idea, I have the same back and forth between me Entropy and Klyde just for today it gets to Sun to say "naaahh nothing those guys said is true, suck it up and forget about it" it's just shamefull that they can't even be in the same page.

1 hour ago, Guillk said:

Oh you have no idea, I have the same back and forth between me Entropy and Klyde just for today it gets to Sun to say "naaahh nothing those guys said is true, suck it up and forget about it" it's just shamefull that they can't even be in the same page.

Exactly same situation as me.

I find it to be disrespectful towards players if they change their words like that.

I think they can just make Halloween Tiles (Letters) to be purchasable through Dragon Express if bringing transmutation back is difficult.

I have over 400 halloween tokens and they no longer serve me any purpose. As the tokens can be used until December 15th, I waited until after the event to collect the outfits. To my surprise on Wednesday, there is no more transmutation. It is very frustrating. What can you do for us @Hime ?

As many others have stated I was under the impression that things were not changing and that the redemption date on the items was when the tokens and such would expire and be useless.  However this time it is now useless as soon as the collection event ended.  Submitted a ticket and they said "blah blah blah nothing they can do but to post in the forums about it"  So here I am posting as to change it back to how it has always been in the past and stop screwing over your players. 

• Like 1

They stopped the transmutation on the letters with the halloween event even though it goes until 12/15. They told no one that the transmutation thing was going to end and they don't give two ***. I messaged them and they said sorry nothing we can do. They said we can buy stuff still with the coins but the stuff you can buy are crap. I think we all need to go to Genshin Impact where they treat their gamers right. 

• Like 1

I did all the math for them and told them exactly how many tokens they can remove from my inventory in exchange for the appropriate rewards. Even organized everything into a neat little table detailing how many of each tokens go into each reward.

Their response: "Please note that while we appreciate your suggestion and we may have provided this service in the past however, we review each request at a case by case basis and unfortunately, we are unable to grant it in this case. We hope you understand."

If I didn't see all of you guys getting rejected too, I would be wondering who the heck did I ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ off.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ynneja said:

I did all the math for them and told them exactly how many tokens they can remove from my inventory in exchange for the appropriate rewards. Even organized everything into a neat little table detailing how many of each tokens go into each reward.

Their response: "Please note that while we appreciate your suggestion and we may have provided this service in the past however, we review each request at a case by case basis and unfortunately, we are unable to grant it in this case. We hope you understand."

If I didn't see all of you guys getting rejected too, I would be wondering who the heck did I ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ off.

I did the same thing, they even greenligthed at first with the detail I gave them, I think they just backpedaled when they saw they sheerr amount of request they were getting and that would mean a lot of work so they just said "screw that, no restoration for anybody" and take the bad rep to the already f up NC reputation. This company is more incompetent by the day I mean I came back after a 2 year hiatus and things are worse than back in the day... why even bother.

Edited by Guillk

I want to think well of NCSoft in that they would realize that they have to do something after so many days of complaints from so many people as well as probably even more tickets flooding their inboxes, but instead all we have is radio silence and the GMs dropping our tickets.

Are all of you also getting a Taywong who is flat-out refusing / denying everything?