How fast do you think people can sprint using Windwalk?

LunaBlood

As the question asks, how fast do you think people can sprint using Windwalk? We know that they can sprint using 1000 Windwalk stamina a second since Windwalk lasts 12 seconds at level 1, and that doesn't change as it increases. Do you think the stamina of Windwalk relates to feet, yards, meters, miles, or kilometers that a person can walk?

17 hours ago, LunaBlood said:

As the question asks, how fast do you think people can sprint using Windwalk? We know that they can sprint using 1000 Windwalk stamina a second since Windwalk lasts 12 seconds at level 1, and that doesn't change as it increases. Do you think the stamina of Windwalk relates to feet, yards, meters, miles, or kilometers that a person can walk?

Just basing this answer on how the NPC's move...not bloody fast enough! Snail pace next to them. Hell, Dragon pulsing to a location is 75% slower than what the NPCs can do! They take 2.5 seconds while our characters take 10 freaking seconds! No, it is an illusion we're traveling fast...just a mushroom induced illusion! :smirk:

20 hours ago, StrykerGaming said:

Just basing this answer on how the NPC's move...not bloody fast enough! Snail pace next to them. Hell, Dragon pulsing to a location is 75% slower than what the NPCs can do! They take 2.5 seconds while our characters take 10 freaking seconds! No, it is an illusion we're traveling fast...just a mushroom induced illusion! :smirk:

No, I actually based that information on Character's Windwalk information and not how the NPC's move. If you look at your player character's Windwalk skill, it will tell you just how long you can run, which is 12, 15, 20, and 30 seconds. That means that your character uses 1,000 stamina a second. However, is the stamina of Windwalk related to feet, yards, meters, miles, or kilometers?

The information was never based on NPC's at all.

I mean... the most logical thing I can think of doing in order to figure out how fast the characters can sprint is to go somewhere with a target you can fight (say the training room), get as far away as possible from the target (while still being able to see your distance from them) and note the starting distance. Then, once you have your distance, do a full sprint directly at them. Time the moment from when you start running to the moment you run into the dummy and you have your time factor.

Now, all you need to do is calculate speed, since you have distance and time (in meters). Speed = Distance over Time, so take the distance between you and the target, divide it by the time it took to run to the target and presto - speed (in meters per second)

4 hours ago, SilverFoxR said:

I mean... the most logical thing I can think of doing in order to figure out how fast the characters can sprint is to go somewhere with a target you can fight (say the training room), get as far away as possible from the target (while still being able to see your distance from them) and note the starting distance. Then, once you have your distance, do a full sprint directly at them. Time the moment from when you start running to the moment you run into the dummy and you have your time factor.

Now, all you need to do is calculate speed, since you have distance and time (in meters). Speed = Distance over Time, so take the distance between you and the target, divide it by the time it took to run to the target and presto - speed (in meters per second)

So again basically you answered my original question in a weird way and believe that you run using meters, not feet, yards, miles, or kilometers. All you had to do was mention a measuring system that you think the character runs. Such as whether they run in feet, yards, meters, miles, or kilometers.

On 11/10/2020 at 3:20 PM, LunaBlood said:

No, I actually based that information on Character's Windwalk information and not how the NPC's move. If you look at your player character's Windwalk skill, it will tell you just how long you can run, which is 12, 15, 20, and 30 seconds. That means that your character uses 1,000 stamina a second. However, is the stamina of Windwalk related to feet, yards, meters, miles, or kilometers?

The information was never based on NPC's at all.

That might all well and good; however, comparing how fast you actually move in full windwalk speed to that of the NPCs we run with, they leave us in the dust. They are 10x faster than we are. That's what I was addressing.

1 hour ago, StrykerGaming said:

That might all well and good; however, comparing how fast you actually move in full windwalk speed to that of the NPCs we run with, they leave us in the dust. They are 10x faster than we are. That's what I was addressing.

Yeah, I get that the NPC's are faster than us, but that is how they are programmed. They are meant to be faster, no matter how fast you are, for some unexplained reason. However, that doesn't really have to do with the actual people (Aka, players). NPC's don't count unless their speed is programmed the same. What I was asking was whether or not the stamina of Windwalk is related to feet, yards, meters, miles, or kilometers.

2 hours ago, LunaBlood said:

Yeah, I get that the NPC's are faster than us, but that is how they are programmed. They are meant to be faster, no matter how fast you are, for some unexplained reason. However, that doesn't really have to do with the actual people (Aka, players). NPC's don't count unless their speed is programmed the same. What I was asking was whether or not the stamina of Windwalk is related to feet, yards, meters, miles, or kilometers.

I understand and don't disagree with you. However, you know when we're in Moon Refuge or Midnight area and run through the "speed" boost. The only thing I see is arms and legs moving faster but the speed not so much! LOL

22 hours ago, LunaBlood said:

So again basically you answered my original question in a weird way and believe that you run using meters, not feet, yards, miles, or kilometers. All you had to do was mention a measuring system that you think the character runs. Such as whether they run in feet, yards, meters, miles, or kilometers.

Well, the only measurement of length we have in the game is from targeting (which is in meters) so it only makes sense to use that for our distance. Once you have the meters per second, you can convert it to imperial and determine yards/miles or what have you.

EDIT: So, I did a little test (nothing super precise), but I got an approximate speed of about 4 meters per second... roughly 14 km/h. Doing a quick Google search... that's a little over the average for an 18 to 35-year old man (and a little bit more over the average for a similarly aged woman).

Edited by SilverFoxR
Additional info

On 11/11/2020 at 5:34 PM, SilverFoxR said:

Well, the only measurement of length we have in the game is from targeting (which is in meters) so it only makes sense to use that for our distance. Once you have the meters per second, you can convert it to imperial and determine yards/miles or what have you.

EDIT: So, I did a little test (nothing super precise), but I got an approximate speed of about 4 meters per second... roughly 14 km/h. Doing a quick Google search... that's a little over the average for an 18 to 35-year old man (and a little bit more over the average for a similarly aged woman).

Wait, so you are saying that the average person runs 4 meters with 1,000 Windwalk Stamina? That would mean that the average person runs 48 meters in 12 seconds, but that doesn't seem right. My previous run through the Scorching Sands at Windwalk level 1 used 5.625 times the stamina, which would mean your saying the Scorching Sands is 270 Meters long. That's not even a mile, which would make the Scorching Sands small in comparison. It just don't add up. The Scorching Sands couldn't be that short.

Edited by LunaBlood

On 2020-11-16 at 3:31 PM, LunaBlood said:

Wait, so you are saying that the average person runs 4 meters with 1,000 Windwalk Stamina? That would mean that the average person runs 48 meters in 12 seconds, but that doesn't seem right. My previous run through the Scorching Sands at Windwalk level 1 used 5.625 times the stamina, which would mean your saying the Scorching Sands is 270 Meters long. That's not even a mile, which would make the Scorching Sands small in comparison. It just don't add up. The Scorching Sands couldn't be that short.

Okay, look... this is what I did.

I was waiting for recruitment in Brood Chamber, so I used the corner to run 20m and loosely timed myself. It took about five seconds, which, dividing into the 20m distance got me 4m/s. So, I multiplied that by 60 (to bring that up to minutes), then by 60 again (for hours). That got me 14,400m per hour or roughly 14km/h.

The average male runner between the ages of 18-35 is a little above 13km/h, while the average female runner is closer to 12. So, it's not unreasonable to go 14km/h.

On 11/19/2020 at 12:46 AM, SilverFoxR said:

Okay, look... this is what I did.

I was waiting for recruitment in Brood Chamber, so I used the corner to run 20m and loosely timed myself. It took about five seconds, which, dividing into the 20m distance got me 4m/s. So, I multiplied that by 60 (to bring that up to minutes), then by 60 again (for hours). That got me 14,400m per hour or roughly 14km/h.

The average male runner between the ages of 18-35 is a little above 13km/h, while the average female runner is closer to 12. So, it's not unreasonable to go 14km/h.

That's not helping me figure out how much you run using 1,000 windwalk stamina. That's only telling how long it took you to run 20m. The question is, did it take you 1,000 Windwalk stamina to run that 20m, more or less?

In any case, the smallest desert on our Earth is 600m wide, so 270m for how large the Scorching Sands wouldn't make sense at all. That would make it smaller than the smallest dessert in our world. On top of that, with all the campsites and locations in the Scorching Sands, it makes the size of 270m even more unrealistic. So this information doesn't make any sense unless you're calling the Scorching Sands small.

I used your calculation as well as how much stamina it took me to get across the Scorching Sands to determine the length of the area.

4m/s x 12 = 48m or 4 x 12 =  48m

48m x 5.625 = 270m  or 48 x 5.625 = 270m

First your measurement of 4m/s, which is 1,000 Windwalk Stamina per second. Times that by 12 because everyone has 12,000 windwalk stamina at Windwalk level 1. That equals 48m.

Now take 48m, which is your measurement of how fast someone can run in 12s, and times it by 5.625, which is the multiplied amount of stamina used to run through the Scorching Sands. It took me 5.625 times the stamina, which is why I'm multiplying your 48m/12s by 5.625. That equals 270m, which is smaller than that of 600m of the smallest Dessert in our world. So basically, you calling the Scorching Sands extremely small, where you can run across it in less than a mile.

Edited by LunaBlood