What would you say to NCSoft West?

158425425G7

What I say is no indictment on the staff; however, based on NCSOFT's history and by extension, NCWest, nothing we say has any merit with the company(s). A proven track record of ignoring the fan base, especially by NCSOFT here in the Western region should tell everyone the truth of that. NCSOFT forces the west into the Korean model without regard to what western players enjoy, like, or want. Either we accept it or move on. The monetary support from the west for this game is less than one percent, far less judging by the financial reports Jarke shared in one of his recent YT videos. All the players in the west could stop spending money on the game and NCSOFT would not bat an eye, they'd simply turn it off for western players. They (NCSOFT) simply do not care. The answer as to why? NCSOFT Korea never really spent any time trying to understand western players. Had they done their homework and research they'd promoted this game differently and made changes in the game that western players would found more enjoyable and stayed longer playing the game.

Now don't get me wrong concerning the game. While there are some problems I, and I know others have their own reasons, have issues with, the game is enjoyable to play, just to play. The main story is what brings me back to play and its the senseless grinding (second job like) that drive me away when I've had enough. The story is what makes this game in my opinion, even when it has some Acts and secondary add-ons that appear contrived and forced. Sadly though, when a company refuses to listen to a portion of its customers that is a huge issue for me. NCSOFT, in my opinion, is akin to being the Asian version of EA. Where the almighty dollar is all that matters. If that wasn't true...we'd not see all this massive loot boxes that require N-coins (read: real money) to obtain. Where these things should be readily available in game to obtain in similar number by completing objectives. They are not.

Lastly, say what you want, get it out of your system. If it makes you feel better by expressing yourself here, do so. However, it falls on deaf ears. Which, in my opinion, will ultimately lead to the game's demise and/or NCSOFT too, maybe not since they listen to the player base in Korea, China, and Japan for the most part. Here, us westerners are only valued for the money we wantonly spend on their pay to play/win scheme. 

Edited by StrykerGaming
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Natasha said:

Where is UE4?

Jonathan wrote at the end of 2018 ”Beyond 2018 we will work to port the game into the UE4” I personally thought that meant within the next 5-10 years, Dono why the playerbase expected it within 1-2 years. 

There is also the fact that a companies roadmaps & Priorities might change overtime and the thing they announced, Is just not on the table any more.

15 hours ago, StrykerGaming said:

What I say is no indictment on the staff; however, based on NCSOFT's history and by extension, NCWest, nothing we say has any merit with the company(s). A proven track record of ignoring the fan base, especially by NCSOFT here in the Western region should tell everyone the truth of that. NCSOFT forces the west into the Korean model without regard to what western players enjoy, like, or want. Either we accept it or move on. The monetary support from the west for this game is less than one percent, far less judging by the financial reports Jarke shared in one of his recent YT videos. All the players in the west could stop spending money on the game and NCSOFT would not bat an eye, they'd simply turn it off for western players. They (NCSOFT) simply do not care. The answer as to why? NCSOFT Korea never really spent any time trying to understand western players. Had they done their homework and research they'd promoted this game differently and made changes in the game that western players would found more enjoyable and stayed longer playing the game.

Now don't get me wrong concerning the game. While there are some problems I, and I know others have their own reasons, have issues with, the game is enjoyable to play, just to play. The main story is what brings me back to play and its the senseless grinding (second job like) that drive me away when I've had enough. The story is what makes this game in my opinion, even when it has some Acts and secondary add-ons that appear contrived and forced. Sadly though, when a company refuses to listen to a portion of its customers that is a huge issue for me. NCSOFT, in my opinion, is akin to being the Asian version of EA. Where the almighty dollar is all that matters. If that wasn't true...we'd not see all this massive loot boxes that require N-coins (read: real money) to obtain. Where these things should be readily available in game to obtain in similar number by completing objectives. They are not.

Lastly, say what you want, get it out of your system. If it makes you feel better by expressing yourself here, do so. However, it falls on deaf ears. Which, in my opinion, will ultimately lead to the game's demise and/or NCSOFT too, maybe not since they listen to the player base in Korea, China, and Japan for the most part. Here, us westerners are only valued for the money we wantonly spend on their pay to play/win scheme. 

I must say that progression is definitely easier in the west than the other regions. Korea I know for a fact has a lot of rng upgrades and their upgrades overall require a lot of materials and other items. Compared to years ago, our progression has gotten a lot better. I just don't understand wth is going on with performance and why nobody seems to care. Very weird.

28 minutes ago, Rmccn08 said:

I just don't understand wth is going on with performance and why nobody seems to care. Very weird.

As I understand and what I have heared, core issue is in how the game was originally built on UE3 by the original creators. The way it was built made it impossible to expand the game without significant performance issues hence why performance has progressively gotten worse over the years of new content adding. It was never meant to have the crazy damage scaling and amount of gear we have now though that's just my opinion. That means devs only have 2 options here if they want to fix it.

Recreate the game on UE3 or...

Recreate the game on UE4.

Logically recreating it on UE4 would be better since it has all the new engine improvements as well. Both options would take significant amount of time to do though, we are talking about many many years of work. Something they might not be willing to do or do not have time to do so. All comes down to what the company wants to do with BnS when it's about performance. If they continue creating content on BnS, it would be better to recreate the game as a side job and upgrade when it's done and considering the fact that they are using UE4 to create stuff on mobile already, there is no excuse to not recreate it on that engine.

If you look at EvilDoUsHarm video on why he stopped content creation, The whole BnS PC version makes only 3 of the 25% profit that NCSoft made recently from their PC games...and the profit is even less (~0.5%) from just the NA+EU region.....

with that said...we're lucky that NCsoft havent shut the game down yet for the west, needless to say UE4 or optimization...it ain't happening...at least for a very longtime. Since they are prolly allocating most of their resources to mobile games, I double they have any major plans for the west other than few updates/patches and events to keep and milk the last of us who decide to still pay.

If you look at all the games that NCsoft shut down, BnS is definitely heading that way, especially if they bring more profits from mobile games next few years. This is a company that seeks to max their profit, if a game doesnt do that, they close it down. They have absolutely zero interest in keeping a game alive for the community

The community tried many times, and like many players said, our speech fell on deft ears...at this point just enjoy the story and whatever contents left.

Edited by WayOfTheKFC
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, WayOfTheKFC said:

If you look at EvilDoUsHarm video on why he stopped content creation, The whole BnS PC version makes only 3 of the 25% profit that NCSoft made recently from their PC games...and the profit is even less (~0.5%) from just the NA+EU region.....

with that said...we're lucky that NCsoft havent shut the game down yet for the west, needless to say UE4 or optimization...it ain't happening...at least for a very longtime. Since they are prolly allocating most of their resources to mobile games, I double they have any major plans for the west other than few updates/patches and events to keep and milk the last of us who decide to still pay.

If you look at all the games that NCsoft shut down, BnS is definitely heading that way, especially if they bring more profits from mobile games next few years. This is a company that seeks to max their profit, if a game doesnt do that, they close it down. They have absolutely zero interest in keeping a game alive for the community

The community tried many times, and like many players said, our speech fell on deft ears...at this point just enjoy the story and whatever contents left.

I suggest you look at reddit and read on what exactly each profit margin from NC counts for because what you are saying here is completely off base. An d someone literally explained in detail what ahd how much each earning of NC are and what they come from and bns as a whole, is very high up from EU + NA.

8 hours ago, Rmccn08 said:

I must say that progression is definitely easier in the west than the other regions. Korea I know for a fact has a lot of rng upgrades and their upgrades overall require a lot of materials and other items. Compared to years ago, our progression has gotten a lot better. I just don't understand wth is going on with performance and why nobody seems to care. Very weird.

It has? I will remind you a year ago that they increased the evolution costs for progression when they gave us the Excel spreadsheet that said what the new lower costs were; however, in game they increased almost astronomically! I have a few acquaintances playing on the Korean and Japanese servers that say though they have RNG involved, their upgrades are far less convoluted than what we're given. There is a huge disparaging between the Western servers and the Asian servers. While we have 2 modes for heroic dungeons, they have 3. Their easy mode is not like ours. Their normal mode is equivalent to our easy mode. Funny that, eh?

7 hours ago, Amarathiel said:

As I understand and what I have heared, core issue is in how the game was originally built on UE3 by the original creators. The way it was built made it impossible to expand the game without significant performance issues hence why performance has progressively gotten worse over the years of new content adding. It was never meant to have the crazy damage scaling and amount of gear we have now though that's just my opinion. That means devs only have 2 options here if they want to fix it.

Recreate the game on UE3 or...

Recreate the game on UE4.

Logically recreating it on UE4 would be better since it has all the new engine improvements as well. Both options would take significant amount of time to do though, we are talking about many many years of work. Something they might not be willing to do or do not have time to do so. All comes down to what the company wants to do with BnS when it's about performance. If they continue creating content on BnS, it would be better to recreate the game as a side job and upgrade when it's done and considering the fact that they are using UE4 to create stuff on mobile already, there is no excuse to not recreate it on that engine.

Right I understand that. My point was more that I don't understand why there's so many Players who seem to blow off the fact that this game is running so poorly.

19 minutes ago, StrykerGaming said:

It has? I will remind you a year ago that they increased the evolution costs for progression when they gave us the Excel spreadsheet that said what the new lower costs were; however, in game they increased almost astronomically! I have a few acquaintances playing on the Korean and Japanese servers that say though they have RNG involved, their upgrades are far less convoluted than what we're given. There is a huge disparaging between the Western servers and the Asian servers. While we have 2 modes for heroic dungeons, they have 3. Their easy mode is not like ours. Their normal mode is equivalent to our easy mode. Funny that, eh?

Ok yeah that was a year ago. I was talking about right now in 2020. The progression has gotten better. Of course not perfect at all. As far as our progression vs other regions. idk who you've been talking to, but from what I've seen with my eye balls, KR for sure seems to have more difficult progression. As far as the 3rd dungeon mode, I'm pretty sure that's on the way in a later major patch. If we get another major patch..

4 hours ago, Grimoir said:

I suggest you look at reddit and read on what exactly each profit margin from NC counts for because what you are saying here is completely off base. An d someone literally explained in detail what ahd how much each earning of NC are and what they come from and bns as a whole, is very high up from EU + NA.

wow you actually said something right for once im shocked. Furthermore, if you use common sense yeh..A company like NCsoft as money hungry as they are, isn't going to keep pouring money, time, and effort into a game that makes them pennies. They're continuing to release content for a reason. That's why it's important that players understand the power you have. If you withdraw your support for a little bit, NCsoft will start to question why people are not supporting the game as usual..

9 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Hi, care to explain in slight detail as what "very high" means? And where are you sources? The numbers might not be accurate, but the point is that NCsoft is making a lot of money elsewhere than BnS, and the fact that this game is heading to a same path as all other closed down NC games is pretty obvious.

1 hour ago, Lyssa said:

Hi, care to explain in slight detail as what "very high" means? And where are you sources? The numbers might not be accurate, but the point is that NCsoft is making a lot of money elsewhere than BnS, and the fact that this game is heading to a same path as all other closed down NC games is pretty obvious.

Mobile game apps is where they are making the most of their money now.

6 hours ago, Rmccn08 said:

Ok yeah that was a year ago. I was talking about right now in 2020. The progression has gotten better. Of course not perfect at all. As far as our progression vs other regions. idk who you've been talking to, but from what I've seen with my eye balls, KR for sure seems to have more difficult progression. As far as the 3rd dungeon mode, I'm pretty sure that's on the way in a later major patch. If we get another major patch..

KR's progression isnt worse cause of the dungeon modes, their progression is worse because all their upgrades have a chance to fail. That is why they get more materials from weeklies for example. Our upgrades require some mote materials, but they are guaranteed, or would you rather fail your accessory, weapon, soul upgrades?

The only mode we do not have is the real easy mode, which means dungeon is soloable but you get 0 drops and rewards from it. its purely a count for the daily completion and thats it.

6 hours ago, Rmccn08 said:

wow you actually said something right for once im shocked. Furthermore, if you use common sense yeh..A company like NCsoft as money hungry as they are, isn't going to keep pouring money, time, and effort into a game that makes them pennies. They're continuing to release content for a reason. That's why it's important that players understand the power you have. If you withdraw your support for a little bit, NCsoft will start to question why people are not supporting the game as usual..

There are some things you do need to realize:

1. the game is making far from pennies for them.

2. Not all players experience the same issues, not all players have performance issues with BnS, and a lot of players will continue to spend money because they want to and because they enjoy the game (people will always be happy to spend money on something they enjoy).

Why would someone withdraw their support if they do not have performance issues and enjoy the game? Case and point: i have no issues with performance in bns, not even raids, and i do enjoy the game, so i will still be buying my monthly premium and spend monies on costumes here and there because i want to.

2 hours ago, Lyssa said:

Here is the post i was referring to (too a while to dig through reddit lol)

• Like 1

On 11/2/2020 at 12:02 PM, Uldrum said:

Jonathan wrote at the end of 2018 ”Beyond 2018 we will work to port the game into the UE4” I personally thought that meant within the next 5-10 years, Dono why the playerbase expected it within 1-2 years. 

There is also the fact that a companies roadmaps & Priorities might change overtime and the thing they announced, Is just not on the table any more.

Despite roadmaps and the like having to get approval from developers before being released, each publisher seems to get very different info on release dates. NCWEST got the info on "some time" 2020 (which is obviously not the plan anymore seeing as it's currently November), RU got Spring 2020, and KR themselves said "shortly" after the release of Frontier World in a now-deleted dev letter from February. We've had plenty of reason to at least expect it this year but as usual, info is neither accurate nor is it consistent with each other.

On 02/11/2020 at 8:18 PM, Rmccn08 said:

What do you mean "nobody seems to care"? That's quite literally all we are talking about nowadays. And these mcnuggets @NCSOFT seems to not do jack about it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JoannaRamira said:

Why the hell you censor Zulia's outfit.

Why Gon have so many problems with outfit clipping... this has made some outfits practically unwearable

Why Lyn have no breast slider

Well that sort of thing...

LOL

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MassiveEgo said:

What do you mean "nobody seems to care"? That's quite literally all we are talking about nowadays. And these mcnuggets @NCSOFT seems to not do jack about it.

True but I think there are way too many players overall who are content with the current state of the game.

When Ebon Realm event area was out, I tried that auto-hunt mode. That mode gave me true insight on how the game combat is SUPPOSED TO WORK. Granted it was with 0 delay combat since server was doing it for you but still, the insane attack speed and skill excecution was completely unreal. The current state of combat is in unaccepteable levels when compared to that mode, nothing else to say.

I used to not have much issues with it but now even im starting to get affected by it and after seeing what it is supposed to be like, it starts making me angry when I know the flow of combat could be much much faster which was originally intended. Unable to use skills and deal with boss attacks in real time when my connection to server is less than 50ms is when I start making a fuss and that doesn't happen often.

At least make the combat client sided instead of server sided. Without player syncing. If someone lags, let that person lag. It shouldn't affect me. I don't need to see what other people in my party are doing in real time lol, well most of the time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JoannaRamira said:

Why the hell you censor Zulia's outfit.

Why Lyn have no breast slider

Simple, rating. If any of the raitng comissions says it has to be censored to be released in a region / available in a country they have to do it or they cant publish the game there. Works the same with all games. Best example was one of the CoD games that had a lot "censored" if it wanted to be made available in most countries. This applies to the breast slider aswel.

In this regard doesnt matter if the players cry over it or not, what a rating commision says has to be done or you get out of that country / region.

37 minutes ago, Amarathiel said:

When Ebon Realm event area was out, I tried that auto-hunt mode. That mode gave me true insight on how the game combat is SUPPOSED TO WORK. Granted it was with 0 delay combat since server was doing it for you but still, the insane attack speed and skill excecution was completely unreal. The current state of combat is in unaccepteable levels when compared to that mode, nothing else to say.

I used to not have much issues with it but now even im starting to get affected by it and after seeing what it is supposed to be like, it starts making me angry when I know the flow of combat could be much much faster which was originally intended. Unable to use skills and deal with boss attacks in real time when my connection to server is less than 50ms is when I start making a fuss and that doesn't happen often.

At least make the combat client sided instead of server sided. Without player syncing. If someone lags, let that person lag. It shouldn't affect me. I don't need to see what other people in my party are doing in real time lol, well most of the time.

well said