The future of Blade & Soul - Why you should reconsider supporting the game

Rmccn08

I was thinking of coming back to this game after 1 and half a year and see if Ncsoft got rid of the preadatory mechanisms but after reading through several forums i think i will stay clear of this trainwreck. Hopefully Elyon will provide a better experience as they also adapted the Real time action combat that hooked up so many of us in the early years of the game.
I'm sad that this game went downhill from Silverfrost and never recovered. Between the incredibly bad RNG, Treasure Trove, No way to farm materials, Fps issues, and the lack of care from NCsoft, this game became the emberassment of the MMORPG genre.

The only thing I hope is that the future MMORPG devs will stay clear of the mistakes that NCsoft made.

(For your information i played this game since EU server release and witnessed the birth of the abomination that BnS is today.)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MaltyMelromarc said:

You do not have any issues FPS wise? Right...turn on FPS counter and you'll see. People are having extreme lag and FPS issues with PCs which cost thousands of $$$. Only way to not have it is to basically buy an alienware. You know 10000$+ 

My machine cost me roughly 1200 and i built it myself. And i do not have FPS issues even in raids.

Also keep in mind...he is defending crappy NCSOFT marketing model. Sure at least they don't charge for things like show/hide helmet or money limit or ability to equip purple gear like it's done in SWTOR. Still, both models are crappy enough. There are mobile games which are less greedy than NCS

What do you expect NC to do actually? They publish the game but they also run a  business. If there are players that spend money on certain things they would be stupid not to sell them and make money. Not to mention none of the things they sell you actually need to clear current content. Has nothing to do with greed, its simply a business decision which makes them profit. Would you turn down opportunities to make easy money? Dont think so.

They even removed blue quests at low level zones,because they make game too confusing for new players. Literally every decision made in managing this game is not a mistake... it's a trainwreck. It takes some skill to turn fun game into an abomination it is today. I play single player games, wow and mobile games instead this abonimation, because apparently mobile games are less greedy and less filled with RNG, than this "game".

They removed the quests to streamline progression and let new players reach the end game sooner. Was not really needed, but i do see why they did it.

Since you play other games than "this abomination" why are you here? Or are you one of those that just complains 24/7 about the game and but never leaves?

You have an issue how the game is managaed? Ok cool, that does not mean everyone else has to think the same as you.

Those who works doesn't even have time to play games and if they do, they won't waste money like that. Those whales are nothing more than some teens with dad's/mother's credit card. Impatient and wants to have everything here and now.

I work, AND i have time to play games, several in fact. Imagine that. 

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
On 12/2/2020 at 11:22 PM, KiraraMizutani said:

How much do they pay you,little troll?

I agree that they are professionals. Professional scammers who use quick cashgrab tactics. It's the people who sells a crap in a golden wrapper for 100€ and makes you buy it. They literally don't care about game and it's quality. All of their games are plagued with nonsense

City of heroes? Dead

Tabula Rasa? Dead

Wildstar? Dead

Master x Master? Dead. And they probably proud of that one. Ruined game so badly that it was shut down 6 months after it's release. 

Blade and soul? I'm surprised it's not dead. Well,maybe because people are baited with cute graphics, nice character creation and lots of customization options {weapon skins, pets and so on}. That's literally only good things about game. Rest are...well... dungeons...have either too much AP to skip mechs for fast run or you'll have hard time finding group, same goes for weaker raids {Raven, VT,ET}. They just make gap between whales and free players even larger. That's even without mentioning extreme FPS drops,bugs and so on. Want good management example? Look at wow or final fantasy XIV. Damn, I'm pretty sure even some mobile games are managed better than BNS west.

Tbh I wonder...is it possible that low FPS is because... well...insane DPS. Doing millions of damage per second with 12 people might be too much. UE3 isn't suitable for games like this. Still, doesn't matter the issue. Problem is that NCSOFT is doing literally nothing to address the issue.

The fact that you're defending evil corporation like NCSOFT, means one of few:

You are a troll

They pay you

You're in temporary state of obsession with game and you can't see it's flaws.

Also keep in mind: game has literally no content. Except running same few dungeons and 5 raids. There's literally no gathering and crafting. No reason to do anything in world outside dungeons/raids. Oh wait...you can auto fish. Yeah, just leave character to fish 24/7 and go do anything else.

If you hate this game so much then why do you play it?