The future of Blade & Soul - Why you should reconsider supporting the game

Rmccn08

As we near the end of the year, we still have no update on the release of Unreal Engine 4 for any region, game performance on NA/EU continues to get worse with each poorly optimized patch, and the player base continues to drop every month. It's starting to get a little ridiculous. I remember in 2018 when TT was anounced. A lot of people were saying B&S would be dead by the end of the year. Then in 2019 people were saying that the game would definitely be dead by 2020. Now in 2020, blade and soul is in the worst state it has ever been in since its release in the west. I assume that Blade and Soul will still be running in 2021, but it is so sad to see one of the better MMOs of this genre being managed so poorly. Every day, I question whether I should continue to sink time and effort into an MMO that seems to be on it's deathbed. However, what amazes me more is the current player base of this game. The fact that no one truly understands how great this game is or what it could be. The fact that no one seems to care about the current state of the game, and continue to play and support the game even though its in the worst state of its lifespan. The fact that we forget all the ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ this division has put is through since 2016. The nerfs, the revamps, the hongmoon store, unbalanced pvp, unbalanced progression, pay to progress mechanics, RNG, lootboxes, the most wretched premium gambling system I have ever seen in an MMO, Treasure trove, game stability, ping , lag, fps, stutters, hackers, bots, bugs. These issues plague all games, the difference is how these issues are addressed. But in our case, some of these issues aren't being addressed at all. I can't sit here and just let one my favorite MMOs of all time just lay down and die without a fight. So I have been doing everything in my power to get through to somebody in this company how can give us some answers, which is almost impossible considering theres no way to get in contact with anyone over seas. In the mean time, I would encourage all of you to re consider your premium memberships, and hold off on spending money in the hongmoon store, until AT LEAST the performance of the game has been fixed.

• Like 12

10 hours ago, Josalina said:

Mods please remove this post. It doesn't belong on a company website 

Have you ever considered if its legal for this game to not function properly but yet still be receiving updates with treasure trove, and rng boxes? The items you get from these boxes are often dungeon and raid loot. Which, if the game functioned properly, you could just get from raiding or doing dungeons. This has become increasingly difficult because of performance. This definitely belongs on the forums considering these issues have been passed to them numerous times, but we still have not gotten a response. So it's time to turn things up a bit. 

• Like 2

I give you 100% right , i stop spending money from the Throne Oblivion patch when they reduce with 66% bracelet cost after they milk our credit card with reset in trove and f10 ,that was the lost drop that fill my glass water. ( and i spent a lot before )
Since then i only buy casual 30 days premium for daily dash and use the season rewards to get double hmcoins,nothing else .

And about all this p2w rng,trove, etc  is totally PLAYERS FAULT, their ego to show which credit card is bigger is higher than playing a game with pleasure and clean game play,good performance.

In order to this game getting better is that players should boycott 2-3 months for not spending any money on game , which this will lead to close game or fix . But this won't happen .
They rather eliminate full animations and play  as a  "stick" in this beautiful game .

Anyway i did my part to stop supporting it . Good luck :HajoonCheer:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zuzuzuzuzu said:

I give you 100% right , i stop spending money from the Throne Oblivion patch when they reduce with 66% bracelet cost after they milk our credit card with reset in trove and f10 ,that was the lost drop that fill my glass water. ( and i spent a lot before )
Since then i only buy casual 30 days premium for daily dash and use the season rewards to get double hmcoins,nothing else .

And about all this p2w rng,trove, etc  is totally PLAYERS FAULT, their ego to show which credit card is bigger is higher than playing a game with pleasure and clean game play,good performance.

In order to this game getting better is that players should boycott 2-3 months for not spending any money on game , which this will lead to close game or fix . But this won't happen .
They rather eliminate full animations and play  as a  "stick" in this beautiful game .

Anyway i did my part to stop supporting it . Good luck :HajoonCheer:

Thank you my friend. Maybe someday this game will get better. 

I'm here to support
We shouldn't let this post die until we get an answer from NCSoft
This is the best mmorpg I've ever played
I've tried to look for other mmo to try to forget this ... And I can't
But I can't let NCSoft take advantage of my Feelings ...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Natasha said:

I'm here to support
We shouldn't let this post die until we get an answer from NCSoft
This is the best mmorpg I've ever played
I've tried to look for other mmo to try to forget this ... And I can't
But I can't let NCSoft take advantage of my Feelings ...

I agree. We have to do something. The main thing is we have to get these whales to stop supporting so much so we can send a message.

22 hours ago, Uldrum said:

Never gonna understand why people dislike things that help them progress easier & Faster. That has always been one of the best things in BnS for me and the reason why i kept playing.

It's mostly because there is a segment of the population that doesn't work and expects everything in life to be free.  They resent, and openly hate people who work and have money to spend on their leisure time.  These people are the ones who have no problems stealing from people they believe who don't deserve what they have or have more than them.  They are dangerous and unpredictable people in general.

On 25-10-2020 at 12:38 AM, Rmccn08 said:

So I have been doing everything in my power to get through to somebody in this company how can give us some answers, which is almost impossible considering theres no way to get in contact with anyone over seas.

i have been in contact and have contacts of some managers at NCwest and sadly only half of the stuff gets heard with some insane bugs, the rest gets ghosted.

Lil story when i was playing at worlds China region was violating rules in the tournaments; all the managers knew about it but i guess they couldn't do anything about it. even the Korean esports manager but he didn't do anything about it.

My point is with my own experience with NCwest/NCsoft staff they just don't care enough for some reason :/ unlucky. Communication between a playerbase and a game company is one of the most important things and as you guys know they seem to be lacking very much of that.

• Like 1

On 10/26/2020 at 6:13 PM, Uldrum said:

Never gonna understand why people dislike things that help them progress easier & Faster. That has always been one of the best things in BnS for me and the reason why i kept playing.

I'm not sure if you accidentally posted this response to the wrong post or not, but I have no idea what you are talking about. Please elaborate.

On 10/27/2020 at 5:01 PM, Josalina said:

It's mostly because there is a segment of the population that doesn't work and expects everything in life to be free.  They resent, and openly hate people who work and have money to spend on their leisure time.  These people are the ones who have no problems stealing from people they believe who don't deserve what they have or have more than them.  They are dangerous and unpredictable people in general.

I have been playing this game for a good minute. I've seen every major patch, every dungeon, and every raid added since early 2017. I don't know if you have also, but I can tell you that B&S is literally my favorite MMO of all time. I've played this game so damn much, and I've had a great time doing it too. To this day, no matter how bad the game gets, I still have fun every time I log on. If you understand that, then you would understand that I have watched this game crumble and fall down lower than it ever has since I started playing it. It's one thing when you join a broken game and you like it, and it's another thing when you join a great, well maintained, vibrant eastern mmo, and watch it slowly die. I don't ask for people to reconsider support so that they stop supporting permanently and the game just dies. I want people to consider that we are not being communicated to in a correct manor. And the only way to get these executives attention is with money. If I didn't care about the game, why would I be sitting here trying to convince you that I love this game?? Don't bring your personal feelings about how people feel about whales into this issue. You do whatever you want with your money. But that doesn't mean I shouldn't be able to urge you to look at the bigger picture. And that big picture is simple. As long as individuals continue to support a company that is not treating their player base right, failure is imminent. Like I said, I'm not going to sit here and let one of my favorite mmos of all time fall over and die without a fight.

16 hours ago, Rmccn08 said:

I'm not sure if you accidentally posted this response to the wrong post or not, but I have no idea what you are talking about. Please elaborate.

There are groups of people who are against faster & Easier progression, and want these methods removed from the game.

I just personally do not understand why people are against it since it helps to speed up the gearing quite a bit, as it’s one of the main Reasons i stuck with the gsme through all these years.

Edited by Uldrum
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Uldrum said:

There are groups of people who are against faster & Easier progression, and want these methods removed from the game.

I just personally do not understand why people are against it since it helps to speed up the gearing quite a bit, as it’s one of the main Reasons i stuck with the gsme through all these years.

I agree. I wish the game was more based off of skill, rather than how many hours a year you spend playing the game. A lot of people, especially veterans get upset when upgrades get nerfed in MMOS in general because some feel that they put in a lot of effort and new players should too. But that's a real self centered way of looking at a game genre that is always bringing in different people from different audiences. A perfect example of the kind of content they should continue to add is the new revamped solo dungeons. It gives more options for players to gear up. I think it's perfect.

10 minutes ago, Rmccn08 said:

I agree. I wish the game was more based off of skill, rather than how many hours a year you spend playing the game. A lot of people, especially veterans get upset when upgrades get nerfed in MMOS in general because some feel that they put in a lot of effort and new players should too. But that's a real self centered way of looking at a game genre that is always bringing in different people from different audiences. A perfect example of the kind of content they should continue to add is the new revamped solo dungeons. It gives more options for players to gear up. I think it's perfect.

Guess my point flew over your head completly on both my posts.. i tried to be vague and expected you to just understand what i meant..

The Hongmoon store gives you options for faster and easier progression.

Which is why in my first reply i said "Never gonna understand why people dislike things that help them progress easier & Faster. That has always been one of the best things in BnS for me and the reason why i kept playing."

8 hours ago, Uldrum said:

Guess my point flew over your head completly on both my posts.. i tried to be vague and expected you to just understand what i meant..

Which is why in my first reply i said "Never gonna understand why people dislike things that help them progress easier & Faster. That has always been one of the best things in BnS for me and the reason why i kept playing."

Ohhhhh I got you. I'm not against micro-transactions entirely, but I don't think it's right for a company to push micro-transactions, but yet their game is not functional. That's my major concern right now. You can spend money on whatever you want, no ones stopping you, but understand that you are spending money on a game that's run by people who aren't going to make the game your playing better unless they feel like the playerbase is not happy. And this company only understands low sales. So I guess I can counter your statement with my own statement. I will never understand why people continue to support a game that is basically broken in terms of performance. If you go to the store, and buy a box of cards, and you take it home and there's no cards in it, why would you keep buying the cards? That boggles my mind.

On 2.11.2020 at 7:36 PM, Uldrum said:

That's right, but it's obvious that this game is developed around the store and not around the gameplay anymore. Buying things in the store is always an easier progression. The original intend of a game is to be played for progress and not to be paid for progress. It becomes unfair, if the store progression allows you to have items one day after the release, while the fastest playing progression still need weeks for the same result. It also can be questioned, why the latest raid items are buyable in the shop, if playing the raid should be a long term motivation to gear with the latest equiment. Which leads back to wonderful slogan: Why play the game, if you can pay the game?

A fair store would provide faster and easier progression for beginners and people with less time to bring them closer to the "lategame progression". However the people within the lategame progression should play the game for further skillbased progression and pay for cosmetics or qol elements like raid charms, prem membership, etc.

• 4 weeks later...

Played a long time ago launch at caped end game played then kinda quit with the zero content added for a while came back when card class came back and put the game down all to together after years later I thought about picking it back up but given why coming back leaving dying MMO after dying MMO I don't want to join another can get into this game and enjoy it or get swept aside by lack of player base and burden of paying to help progress 

Edited by bigchese63

problem is nc soft is not commuty friendly  , support same ! no help no answer  on letter or post ! otherside y get bann or post was delete !

y can write support ; this is not the answer that want y hear or write forum bla bla.....

Ue4  2019  and see nothing or no infos !  performance probleme more and more ! answer is 32 bit with high computer funny ! if the fix performance  they close game ! reason ppl leave game !

really sad  !!

y see this from old player who leave game ! other side Nc soft said ths Game is not pay too win ! watch what happens in this years !

3 spec und new classes and 10 fps in new  raids !! 

we got no streams or infos about updates ! watch RU or  cn  all  better as EU / Na  they bann  buguser xml exploid 

Edited by Sayahell
correktur

I'm sure NC Soft has plenty of good reasons why they run this game the way they do. All the complainers and quitters seem to think they have better games to occupy their time. If you really do have better games that are run the way you think is right, then go for it. Personally I enjoy this game and I trust the people that run it. No doubt they have to deal with problems that are far beyond my understanding. They are the professionals after all so I leave it to them. Sure, it's easy to criticize them and think you know better but, as players we see a much narrower view of what it actually takes to run a game like this. If you ask me I think it's a miracle they haven't closed this game just to stop all the endless complaining and nasty judgmental comments made by so many "players" (more like trolls). I will continue to play and support Blade and Soul because it is a great game. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, campclan2 said:

I'm sure NC Soft has plenty of good reasons why they run this game the way they do. All the complainers and quitters seem to think they have better games to occupy their time. If you really do have better games that are run the way you think is right, then go for it. Personally I enjoy this game and I trust the people that run it. No doubt they have to deal with problems that are far beyond my understanding. They are the professionals after all so I leave it to them. Sure, it's easy to criticize them and think you know better but, as players we see a much narrower view of what it actually takes to run a game like this. If you ask me I think it's a miracle they haven't closed this game just to stop all the endless complaining and nasty judgmental comments made by so many "players" (more like trolls). I will continue to play and support Blade and Soul because it is a great game. 

How much do they pay you,little troll?

I agree that they are professionals. Professional scammers who use quick cashgrab tactics. It's the people who sells a crap in a golden wrapper for 100€ and makes you buy it. They literally don't care about game and it's quality. All of their games are plagued with nonsense

City of heroes? Dead

Tabula Rasa? Dead

Wildstar? Dead

Master x Master? Dead. And they probably proud of that one. Ruined game so badly that it was shut down 6 months after it's release. 

Blade and soul? I'm surprised it's not dead. Well,maybe because people are baited with cute graphics, nice character creation and lots of customization options {weapon skins, pets and so on}. That's literally only good things about game. Rest are...well... dungeons...have either too much AP to skip mechs for fast run or you'll have hard time finding group, same goes for weaker raids {Raven, VT,ET}. They just make gap between whales and free players even larger. That's even without mentioning extreme FPS drops,bugs and so on. Want good management example? Look at wow or final fantasy XIV. Damn, I'm pretty sure even some mobile games are managed better than BNS west.

Tbh I wonder...is it possible that low FPS is because... well...insane DPS. Doing millions of damage per second with 12 people might be too much. UE3 isn't suitable for games like this. Still, doesn't matter the issue. Problem is that NCSOFT is doing literally nothing to address the issue.

The fact that you're defending evil corporation like NCSOFT, means one of few:

You are a troll

They pay you

You're in temporary state of obsession with game and you can't see it's flaws.

Also keep in mind: game has literally no content. Except running same few dungeons and 5 raids. There's literally no gathering and crafting. No reason to do anything in world outside dungeons/raids. Oh wait...you can auto fish. Yeah, just leave character to fish 24/7 and go do anything else.

36 minutes ago, MaltyMelromarc said:

Also keep in mind: game has literally no content. Except running same few dungeons and 5 raids. There's literally no gathering and crafting.

Not all games have a wide variety of content, blade and soul doesnt, so expecting it is just being delusional.  In case you do not know, bns has crafting, and it can be very profitable if you know what to craft and sell, and the game did have gathering in the past but had to be removed due to bots ruining it for everyone.

38 minutes ago, MaltyMelromarc said:

The fact that you're defending evil corporation like NCSOFT, means one of few:

You are a troll

They pay you

And why would that make him a troll? I actually think the same as him, the game is fun, and i do not have any issues FPS wise nor ping wise so why wouldnt i support a game that is fun for me and that i like? Not everyone thinks like you.

1 hour ago, Grimoir said:

Not all games have a wide variety of content, blade and soul doesnt, so expecting it is just being delusional.  In case you do not know, bns has crafting, and it can be very profitable if you know what to craft and sell, and the game did have gathering in the past but had to be removed due to bots ruining it for everyone.

And why would that make him a troll? I actually think the same as him, the game is fun, and i do not have any issues FPS wise nor ping wise so why wouldnt i support a game that is fun for me and that i like? Not everyone thinks like you.

Because you're encouraging bad marketing. People support loot box and RNG inside RNG inside RNG infested "games" and that creates an illusion that it's ok to turn game into casino. 

You do not have any issues FPS wise? Right...turn on FPS counter and you'll see. People are having extreme lag and FPS issues with PCs which cost thousands of $$$. Only way to not have it is to basically buy an alienware. You know 10000$+ 

Keep in mind that FPS drops happen only in raids. PvP is basically only 1vs1. Elsewhere whales one hit kill you. Dungeons are turned into fast runs. And so on. Sure, combat is fun, but everything either dies in seconds, or you aren't accepted in the group because requirements are ridiculous. 

Also keep in mind...he is defending crappy NCSOFT marketing model. Sure at least they don't charge for things like show/hide helmet or money limit or ability to equip purple gear like it's done in SWTOR. Still, both models are crappy enough. There are mobile games which are less greedy than NCSOFT.

As for crafting/gathering. They could've made gathering nodes being personal. Meaning if you gather something it disappears only for you,still, others can access it. But, they went easiest route by just removing gathering and eliminating any need to explore the world, not just run dungeons and raids 24/7. And it's not impossible. World of warcraft did that with quest items. It doesn't matter if other players takes quest item you need, it doesn't disappear and you can take it. If blizzard managed to do something like this,it shouldn't be hard to implement it in blade and soul. Still, NCSOFT rather remove and delete, than apply simple fix. They even removed blue quests at low level zones,because they make game too confusing for new players. Literally every decision made in managing this game is not a mistake... it's a trainwreck. It takes some skill to turn fun game into an abomination it is today. I play single player games, wow and mobile games instead this abonimation, because apparently mobile games are less greedy and less filled with RNG, than this "game".

Edited by MaltyMelromarc

On 10/28/2020 at 12:01 AM, Josalina said:

That's most ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ argument I ever heard. You justify gambling. You have same toxic mindset as casino player. That it's ok to feed your addiction. Want support game? Buy a subscription. That's true support of any game. Buying RNG boxes or trove with actual gear is just legalized cheating. With enough money you can buy gear which makes you BiS in 1-7 days, while others never reaches that stage, even if it was possible to play 24/7.

Works and earn money? You suck at lying. Those who works doesn't even have time to play games and if they do, they won't waste money like that. Those whales are nothing more than some teens with dad's/mother's credit card. Impatient and wants to have everything here and now.