Useless files?

POKUS

Hello, since i have only 128GB SSD and game takes normally like 70GB, I started to find out "useless files" in NCSOFT folders. Example:

C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT\BNS\contents\Local\NCWEST

contains folders named "BPORTUGUESE, FRENCH, GERMAN" which has like 10GB data - I tried to delete them to confirm if the game will run w/o them - It does. I do not expect someone switching game language often but anyway, when some patch update happen, then I have to do it again (take a lot of time while the download speed sux).

If you have some tips about other folders to remove, please let me know. Even I remove those, I have only like 25GB free space.

3 hours ago, POKUS said:

Hello, since i have only 128GB SSD and game takes normally like 70GB, I started to find out "useless files" in NCSOFT folders. Example:

C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT\BNS\contents\Local\NCWEST

contains folders named "BPORTUGUESE, FRENCH, GERMAN" which has like 10GB data - I tried to delete them to confirm if the game will run w/o them - It does. I do not expect someone switching game language often but anyway, when some patch update happen, then I have to do it again (take a lot of time while the download speed sux).

If you have some tips about other folders to remove, please let me know. Even I remove those, I have only like 25GB free space.

128GB is as good as nothing.., now a days for games. Blade & Soul normally takes 56GB, and 46GB without Languages, I'm assuming your windows is installed on the same SSD as well?.

Sure there are things that you can delete without breaking the game, but such action would come with a cost, visually. While removal of Languages don't affect your game... deleting anything else will.

Edited by SayhaSeer

Well every update it will re-download all the files anyway if you delete them. What i did is i moved those language folders to another drive and created system links to them in the bns folder. What it does it makes the game and windows think the files are still there while in reality it keeps updating them on the other drive. saves you around 10GB of space.