Make (Premium) Transformation Stone Crystals account bound

csisy

100% agreed. I was actually talking about this with my s/o the other day.

The trans and prem crystals use untradeable mats anyways... why not just make them account-bound? It would save a lot of headaches... especially if you have a character who's stuck with some of them and can't use them anymore.

• 3 weeks later...

I think the whole bound to account, non trade, and trade item situation is something NCsoft should really look into revamping. It is a very important part of the game, and allowing certain items to be bound to account or not, really affects the game as a whole. So they do have to be careful of what is bound or not. But let me also mention that this is why you should always go ham with these events that they offer. You may not need anything from a particular event at all, but storing up a lot of items that you can't do anything with at the time, will be really beneficial in the future, because we know a lot of the core mats we need for endgame right now, will eventually become bound to account at some point.

On 11/7/2020 at 1:50 AM, StrykerGaming said:

I concur. All items used to upgrade weapons and accessories should be account bound or saleable in the market. NCSOFT should allow the players what they want to do with these items and not dictate to use how too.

Thats a big part of how they make money. If that was the case, everybody would be fully geared, and their alts and their aunties alts. 

17 hours ago, Rmccn08 said:

Thats a big part of how they make money. If that was the case, everybody would be fully geared, and their alts and their aunties alts. 

And that's a problem? It's not. The problem is this: developers believe the only way to keep people around in "endgame" they force the players through hours upon hours of senseless mind numbing grind. In other words, Team Bloodlust developers want us to work a second job playing their game. That concept is outdated and no longer the case. While there is a necessity for grinding for improving gear, doing so that takes months and months does not sit well with a large portion of the player base. Only those who are ultra dedicated to reaching the maximum level obtainable for gear will press on towards the goal. However, that leads to one thing that developers, no matter whom they are, cannot overcome, 'player burnout.' This happens after reaching that pinnacle of top level gear. After that...they have nothing left to achieve.

Now, throw in Alts. What's this newly maxed out main of a player going to do? That's right...start all over. However, I dare say that many do not complete that task because they realize they have to do the exact same thing to this new alt as they did with their original or main character. That happened to me on my BM. I maxed out on all gear after starting January 2016 completing that in September of 2016. Retired, I didn't have much else to do so I spent 10 plus hours a day playing 5+ days a week. After reaching that, I started on a new one, my current FM main. Then in October they announced a new gear level! I got to 45 of my FM and just said that's enough. I couldn't do this anymore. And I know I'm not the only one who faced that issue too.

That's not how to promote longevity and loyalty from a player. It doesn't work well. With all the other games of this genre on the market, they are going to leave to play something else that doesn't require them to spend that much time, effort, and money investing themselves into. SWTOR was a game that had grinding requirements and it took a month to three months depending on how your worked at it. Now, they've changed over to NCSOFT model from 2016 (very similar). After playing that game from the very beginning, I simply walked away with no intention of going back.

What keeps people playing, especially this game, is the story! Having alts to go back through it learning new information and experiences with a new character should not be such a grind as I faced back in 2016. QoL improvement would be such that all materials for upgrading should be allowed to send to alts just so they don't have to burn themselves out with mind numbing grinding. These games are supposed to be fun, adventurous, and satisfying. Senseless grinding does not endure itself to the aforementioned I just stated.

So, yes, we should be allowed to give our alts things we already worked for that we have and give them a jump start so they don't have to rinse and repeat the process of senseless mind numbing grind over and over and over again. That doesn't promote longevity or loyalty, it deflates them.

13 hours ago, StrykerGaming said:

And that's a problem? It's not. The problem is this: developers believe the only way to keep people around in "endgame" they force the players through hours upon hours of senseless mind numbing grind. In other words, Team Bloodlust developers want us to work a second job playing their game. That concept is outdated and no longer the case. While there is a necessity for grinding for improving gear, doing so that takes months and months does not sit well with a large portion of the player base. Only those who are ultra dedicated to reaching the maximum level obtainable for gear will press on towards the goal. However, that leads to one thing that developers, no matter whom they are, cannot overcome, 'player burnout.' This happens after reaching that pinnacle of top level gear. After that...they have nothing left to achieve.

Now, throw in Alts. What's this newly maxed out main of a player going to do? That's right...start all over. However, I dare say that many do not complete that task because they realize they have to do the exact same thing to this new alt as they did with their original or main character. That happened to me on my BM. I maxed out on all gear after starting January 2016 completing that in September of 2016. Retired, I didn't have much else to do so I spent 10 plus hours a day playing 5+ days a week. After reaching that, I started on a new one, my current FM main. Then in October they announced a new gear level! I got to 45 of my FM and just said that's enough. I couldn't do this anymore. And I know I'm not the only one who faced that issue too.

That's not how to promote longevity and loyalty from a player. It doesn't work well. With all the other games of this genre on the market, they are going to leave to play something else that doesn't require them to spend that much time, effort, and money investing themselves into. SWTOR was a game that had grinding requirements and it took a month to three months depending on how your worked at it. Now, they've changed over to NCSOFT model from 2016 (very similar). After playing that game from the very beginning, I simply walked away with no intention of going back.

What keeps people playing, especially this game, is the story! Having alts to go back through it learning new information and experiences with a new character should not be such a grind as I faced back in 2016. QoL improvement would be such that all materials for upgrading should be allowed to send to alts just so they don't have to burn themselves out with mind numbing grinding. These games are supposed to be fun, adventurous, and satisfying. Senseless grinding does not endure itself to the aforementioned I just stated.

So, yes, we should be allowed to give our alts things we already worked for that we have and give them a jump start so they don't have to rinse and repeat the process of senseless mind numbing grind over and over and over again. That doesn't promote longevity or loyalty, it deflates them.

Definitely not wrong. Im just saying, there never going to do that, because thats a big part of how they make money. your 100% correct.

• Like 1