Why Does Blade & Soul only install on C drive

moonmoon42

i had 78gig free on C:Drive before i started installing bns on my E: drive (113gig free )with the allowed desternation changes in install of bns nc launcher

i noticed in the settings for bns download the destination directories had changed to C://Program files x 86/BNS

i changed them manually before installing know that the install of bns download a patcher directory of the game and saves it too your hard drive

so effectively doubling the size of the needed space for bns of normal install 31gig

for the life of me i see no other posts on this topic either it has just gone on un noticed or its just most people have alot of space of C: drive

my c: drive is a SSD of 113gig so with windows and basic programs im left with 71 gig too install bns

Why does the launcher only support C: drive install into C:Programfiles x86/ncosft

4 hours ago, moonmoon42 said:

Why does the launcher only support C: drive install into C:Programfiles x86/ncosft

It doesn't. On my PC all games including B&S are installed to drive D: and downloads are saved there too.

It does the same for me, literally cannot install the game. My C drive only has about 70 gig free, and I've performed various attempts at reinstalling the game in drive D. Settings show as if it should install in D, but it actually downloads it into C which fills up the 70 gigs oddly enough. Something is up my game became corrupted recently and ever since I wasn't able to re-install it.

On 10/8/2020 at 8:32 PM, moonmoon42 said:

i had 78gig free on C:Drive before i started installing bns on my E: drive (113gig free )with the allowed desternation changes in install of bns nc launcher

i noticed in the settings for bns download the destination directories had changed to C://Program files x 86/BNS

i changed them manually before installing know that the install of bns download a patcher directory of the game and saves it too your hard drive

so effectively doubling the size of the needed space for bns of normal install 31gig

for the life of me i see no other posts on this topic either it has just gone on un noticed or its just most people have alot of space of C: drive

my c: drive is a SSD of 113gig so with windows and basic programs im left with 71 gig too install bns

Go to the NC Launcher > Settings and make the changes to tell it where to load. Here's where you can do that: https://imgur.com/1NeseBR

• Like 1

On 08/10/2020 at 1:32 PM, moonmoon42 said:

Open NC Launcher and press "Settings" at right top corner, head to "Game" Tab.
lpy927F.png

• "Default Download Path" means where the game is going to be temporarily downloaded and stored, (This location is used by NC Launcher to download and Unpack files which are then Installed to Default Installation Path, after the game is successfully installed, all the temporarily downloaded and stored files will also be automatically deleted from download path location) - Changing this to another Disk is a good option if you do not have enough space to download, unpack and install on the same drive, or simply you want to avoid unnecessary reads and writes to an SSD.

• "Default Installation Path" means where the game is going to be permanently installed - Temporarily downloaded and stored files from Download path is going to be installed in this location, this is where the main Blade & Soul folder is going to be located.

So if you are trying to install game on any other drive, the "Default Installation Path" is where you should change.

Solution 2:

If for some Mysterious unknown reason the Launcher still Installs it to wrong location, then you can Copy the whole Blade and Soul Directory and paste it to your Desired Disk, once that is done, open NC Launcher. Since you moved Blade and Soul directory to another location, NC Launcher will think that your game is not Installed yet and will give you an option to "Install Game" however instead of pressing Install Game, Press "Search Game"

31biBnT.png

Browse to your new Blade and Soul Location and Select BNS Folder, make sure you selected Folder called "BNS" other wise NC Launcher will not recognise it.

Edited by SayhaSeer