HaHi Miniboss - Huge disadvantage for some classes

Ayanaye

So after doing HaHi several times I've encountered one particular problem over and over. I know how the mech is done in general: someone gets mark, blocks and throws the thingy at the boss. But I got cc'd pretty often and dropped it even when I blocked and figured out that I was facing the wrong direction. Since I'm one of those classes that have frontal block only instead of 360° I see myself at a huge disadvantage regarding this mech. I tried to figure out quickly which monkey throws the bomb but it's just so fast that I barely can turn around in time if the bomb is coming from behind. Shall I just afk and let others do mech? How to see fast enough from which direction the bomb is thrown at me? Any tipps from others who have frontal block only?

I had the same problem when I started doing HaH to get the remnants, it becomes somewhat annoying when despite the supposed random choice of who receives the mark you are always chosen and if you fail to block the rock (or whatever that they throw at you) there is always someone insulting you through the chat, saying that you only have to block, showing that they are obviously not aware that not all classes have omnidirectional blocking.

What I did to be able to complete the dungeon without so many problems is to enter alone and practice doing that boss alone, obviously you cannot pass it alone if you enter with a character that you are leveling up with the event, but the idea is to repeat the fight over and over to get a better idea of how it goes.

Of course it is not only that, when I saw a video on YouTube of a Warden doing the dungeon, I realized that he expands his field of vision to see the entire stage in that boss, which I applied to my runs and it has helped me a lot, Since when you see the whole place you can perceive where the rock is thrown at you before it reaches you, so when you receive the mark you start to block and look in which direction the stone is coming to turn your character and block the attack. You do this by opening options and at the bottom you set the Max Camera Distance field to the maximum.

Another thing I did was put all the points that I would normally have in HM Focus to Move Speed for that fight, because that way I can get out of the miniboss attack area fast enough to be able to start blocking, see which direction the rock is thrown at me and turn my character to block it.

And for the previous answer, talking about a mechanic not causing a problem for you does not help those who have it, the fact that it does not cost someone work does not imply that it should not cost others either, that is simply to minimize the other's problem because you don't have it, it's like seeing that a person has problems finding a job and ends up homeless and saying "I got a job as soon as I finished studying", well, how does that help those who have problems with the subject?, in nothing.

For Ayanaye, I hope these tips will help you, it is what I did and I already managed to complete the 12 stages of the chest. Maximize your field of vision, put points in Movement Speed and practice entering alone so that when you go in a group it is easier for you to react on time.

Just stay at the edge of the map and make sure no monkey is behind you. Walk the whole time a few steps from left to right and right to left to dodge the attacks and if you get the mark no bomb can come from behind. It's pretty easy to block this way imo :HajoonCheer: Also you can use movementspeed abilities to dodge easier for example your ss, hm block, soulfighter HP buff etc. 

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Crow Scarecrow:

obviously you cannot pass it alone if you enter with a character that you are leveling up with the event,

If you create a gunner you can. 9 Million burst.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Crow Scarecrow:

And for the previous answer, talking about a mechanic not causing a problem for you does not help those who have it, the fact that it does not cost someone work does not imply that it should not costothers either,

I was trying to help by writing mostly the ball gets thrown at ur back.

As Force Master and Astromancer I use ss to get behind one of those monkeys so that I am on green part of platform. In that way you can easily avoid red attack and all monkeys suddenly get in front of you. Only thing that remains is to block in right time. You just need to know how far do you ss, so you don't ss into water. Probably you only need to get on the green edge of platform, but I just want to be sure that every monkey is as much in front of me as possible :D

Edited by Lantios

Honestly, I cleared the entire event on my Astromancer and, from what I can tell, they don't have "omnidirectional blocking". All I do for the boss fight is face the boss, walk side to side to avoid the red AoEs (that stun you), reverse direction every time the lightning strikes and wait to see if I get a gold mark. Once I've avoided the AoE area that indicates where the lighting is going to hit, I tap the block button and that's all it takes.

Remember that there are 3 peaches that are thrown by the monkeys. That means there's 3 people to knock Wonkey Kong down for the mechanic to work. But, once you get used to just learning how to sidestep the AoEs and when to block the peaches, you should be okay. Even then, if you make a mistake, there should be 2 other people to do it too.

And, if people keep yelling or telling you off... remember that there's 3 people doing the mechs. That's a 1 in 2 chance they're also failing the mechanic. And if they're being particularly rude... cut your losses and find a more competent party.