The Call to Arms fishing is not doable in the slightest.

Mak Sobo

@Sunshine@Hime

Hate to be one of those guys, tagging who I can to get some kind of answers, but I have sat here for an hour and a half+ desperately trying to not crash and do the fishing part of the CtA event. Which.. at the only place that's slightly optimized enough to handle 3-5 people in one place, in Moonwater-- you're only going to get 15 per fish. With the long animation still in tact. Not even the bait we were TOLD we were going to get (Taigongs) would make that any more reasonable or doable.

I and others legitimately cannot get close to the fishing spot in Dasari or Moon Ref. without instantly crashing. (And no, this isn't me having a bad PC either.) There is absolutely no way, getting less than 1200 pearls in an hour, that getting the 100k needed for CtA is viable in the slightest. Not with the crashing, not with the nominal amount of bait given compared to needed, and honestly? I usually don't give up on these kinds of things, but it's beyond frustrating to me and everyone I know in game.

What was the intent behind it being THIS costly in pearls, knowing the memory leaks and crashes there were common? I don't even mind the dungeon aspects, that's been fine to me. But this is the hill I plan to die on-- this feels like a slap in the face, to make opening the boxes unnecessarily difficult unless we buy the key packs!! Which now are going to be far more expensive than the last CtA. Seriously?! Why? It's kinda obvious now that's going to be the way things are, and I have played since BETA, and it feels like I'm getting my teeth smacked in.

Please, can there be some consideration for better options or a reduction on the pearls needed. I don't even mind if it'd be still a thing-- just please, look at it. Consider what TIME that needs to go into this, for something that's not even the majority part of the keys, on top of the games own stability. It's honestly unfair to me, and I don't feel like I'm alone in that..

And for the record-- no I'm not some entitled jerk who expects something for free or super easy. I am willing and always have been willing to work for things-- but I feel this is just way too much for the payoff involved. They know the games issues. It didn't need to be added to. And as an event, it shouldn't be so miserably unfun that it makes one question why they even continue to play years on. That's all I'm trying to say!

Thanks for the attention!

If you dont have a bad pc, then its freaking time to refresh it. Install a fresh windows, reinstall the game, drivers.

The pc or internet connection is rarely the cause of what you experience. On my 10y old laptop the game loads slow, but its playable.

Yeah, fishing is kind of ridiculous roadblock. It's also RNG.  The best you can do is yes to wait NC to actually Sells the key as what they did in the past.

I might probably able to do it had i have a second PC... for the AFK fishing but that's not the case. 

1 minute ago, Gman said:

If you dont have a bad pc, then its freaking time to refresh it. Install a fresh windows, reinstall the game, drivers.

The pc or internet connection is rarely the cause of what you experience. On my 10y old laptop the game loads slow, but its playable.

How many pearls you have atm ? How long you spend in fishing ?

Or do you know that people actually spend *overnight* leaving their PC on just for fishing ?

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Mak Sobo:

I and others legitimately cannot get close to the fishing spot in Dasari or Moon Ref. without instantly crashing. (And no, this isn't me having a bad PC either.)

Well there are three option 1. your PC is crap 2. you are running 32bit 3. your system is full of trash and broken registry etc. since it dosent happen for most people its not the fault of the game. For example i dont use any third party optimizations and run this game on max settings on 2k res. I can afk fish all day without crashing.

btw. if your Screen turns off your PC thinks there is no screen plugged in this means the game cannot be displayed and it will crash.

There is absolutely no way, getting less than 1200 pearls in an hour, that getting the 100k needed for CtA is viable in the slightest. Not with the crashing, not with the nominal amount of bait given compared to needed, and honestly? I usually don't give up on these kinds of things, but it's beyond frustrating to me and everyone I know in game.

To be honest its not possible with thoose 500 baits we got but keep in mind how much ressources you safe from this event. Its toally worth fishing for it even if you have to buy all the baits.

What was the intent behind it being THIS costly in pearls,

Most people say its cause they are greedy for the money so they wanna sell the keys later. While this might be true cause of their cost increase you also have to keep in mind its not hard completing this event fully in 4 weeks so their intend with selling the keys is not mainly to earn money more to give the players and option to still open all boxes if you missed it.

Please, can there be some consideration for better options or a reduction on the pearls needed.

We asked for it and they said "    " this means "no".

And for the record-- no I'm not some entitled jerk who expects something for free or super easy.

Well it sounds like it. You complain about a problem which dosent exist. The game might be unoptimized as hell but its 100% something on your side why you crash.

I'm having another issue regarding fishing. It can sometimes fail. I didn't even know that auto-fishing can fail, but it does. ó.o My game is running perfectly fine, no DCs or crashes but when I come back from work or wake up in the morning my char is just standing there doing nothing. (AND NO i didn't used up leisure or baits) When I check my system-chatlog "fishing failed" hours ago. I guess it's not intended that you have to check every 30 minutes if your char is still fishing as it's supposed to work properly while afk. Does anyone know what's causing the fishing to fail? This is so frustating when you leave your PC on over night for nothing.

Edited by Ayanaye

vor 54 Minuten schrieb Ayanaye:

Does anyone know what's causing the fishing to fail?

It fails when you are not correctly possitioned onto a stable place. For example on each fishing ground there is a lil step before you would fall into the water. If you fish on that thing your animation can step above it and the game registers you moving and moving breaks the auto fish.

Just stay in the middle of the fishing spot a bit further from the water and it should be fine.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Ayanaye:

I'm having another issue regarding fishing. It can sometimes fail. I didn't even know that auto-fishing can fail, but it does. ó.o My game is running perfectly fine, no DCs or crashes but when I come back from work or wake up in the morning my char is just standing there doing nothing. (AND NO i didn't used up leisure or baits) When I check my system-chatlog "fishing failed" hours ago. I guess it's not intended that you have to check every 30 minutes if your char is still fishing as it's supposed to work properly while afk. Does anyone know what's causing the fishing to fail? This is so frustating when you leave your PC on over night for nothing.

Some classes can use skills, which are on the ground over time, that make other characters to wince or something. You don't get damage, if you stand in them, but your character does an animation. I heard this can stop your char from fishing and if you take off your weapon and pet it won't happen. I'm not sure, if this is true or just a rumour, but I always take my gear off for fishing just in case :D

7 hours ago, Mak Sobo said:

@Sunshine@Hime

Hate to be one of those guys, tagging who I can to get some kind of answers, but I have sat here for an hour and a half+ desperately trying to not crash and do the fishing part of the CtA event. Which.. at the only place that's slightly optimized enough to handle 3-5 people in one place, in Moonwater-- you're only going to get 15 per fish. With the long animation still in tact. Not even the bait we were TOLD we were going to get (Taigongs) would make that any more reasonable or doable.

I and others legitimately cannot get close to the fishing spot in Dasari or Moon Ref. without instantly crashing. (And no, this isn't me having a bad PC either.) There is absolutely no way, getting less than 1200 pearls in an hour, that getting the 100k needed for CtA is viable in the slightest. Not with the crashing, not with the nominal amount of bait given compared to needed, and honestly? I usually don't give up on these kinds of things, but it's beyond frustrating to me and everyone I know in game.

What was the intent behind it being THIS costly in pearls, knowing the memory leaks and crashes there were common? I don't even mind the dungeon aspects, that's been fine to me. But this is the hill I plan to die on-- this feels like a slap in the face, to make opening the boxes unnecessarily difficult unless we buy the key packs!! Which now are going to be far more expensive than the last CtA. Seriously?! Why? It's kinda obvious now that's going to be the way things are, and I have played since BETA, and it feels like I'm getting my teeth smacked in.

Please, can there be some consideration for better options or a reduction on the pearls needed. I don't even mind if it'd be still a thing-- just please, look at it. Consider what TIME that needs to go into this, for something that's not even the majority part of the keys, on top of the games own stability. It's honestly unfair to me, and I don't feel like I'm alone in that..

And for the record-- no I'm not some entitled jerk who expects something for free or super easy. I am willing and always have been willing to work for things-- but I feel this is just way too much for the payoff involved. They know the games issues. It didn't need to be added to. And as an event, it shouldn't be so miserably unfun that it makes one question why they even continue to play years on. That's all I'm trying to say!

Thanks for the attention!

TBH everything you said is literally nonsense. 

Run game in 64 bit client
Before running  game run process at high priority. Go to task manager-->details and leave that tab opened--->run game launcher and press start---> then in task manager detaisl tab find blade and soul process--->right click it---choose change priority--> select high priority--now you can close task manager 

Press Ctrl+F to hide other players
Use lowest settings (make all values in advanced settings to 1)
Buy tons of auto bait
Start autofishing
Go to sleep or read the book or watch the movie or whatever
Even if you get just 8-10k/per day you have 20 days to collect all 100k pearls. 8kx20=160k

If you haven't try this yet. I read that switching channels (or move to another spot in that area) will not make you fail fishing. I've only done the channel switching when in Moonwater & Moon Refuge. For Dasari I usually go to the right one and then switch channel. I was fishing fine for hours without fail.

Edit: So I tried fishing closer to middle and that spot always fail on me. It's better to do it close to the step by the edge of water (like your character toe touching the edge of the step not on it). And that person that says 32bit is trash don't know what they're talking.

Edited by CJade
Experiment because NCTrash can't fix their ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ game.