Dishonesty gets it's reward?

campclan2

I'm feeling like I have been ripped off. I put a lot of time, money, and effort into getting all my gems to triangular gilded level. Especially money. Now they are giving them away for free? 

Not cool!:mad: Upgrading to square gilded is not worth the cost or the effort. I also don't like how all the people that exploited the Bamboo Village merchant now have massive amounts of power and the honest people that didn't exploit get nothing to even things out. This game is supposed to reward effort not laziness and/or dishonesty. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, campclan2 said:

I'm feeling like I have been ripped off. I put a lot of time, money, and effort into getting all my gems to triangular gilded level. Especially money. Now they are giving them away for free? 

I dont see the issue here considering you can just farm gilded triangular gems in moon refuge for basically free o.o

2 hours ago, campclan2 said:

Not cool!:mad: Upgrading to square gilded is not worth the cost or the effort. I also don't like how all the people that exploited the Bamboo Village merchant now have massive amounts of power and the honest people that didn't exploit get nothing to even things out. This game is supposed to reward effort not laziness and/or dishonesty. 

1.) - They gave Non Hongmoon Triangle Gems, meaning they cannot be upgraded to Square.

2.) - Triangle Gems were obtainable for free from Moon Refuge for many months now, if I remember correctly, you can even farm non HM Square ones as well.

Acquiring HM Triangle Gems at this point is easy and cheap, As newer content gets released it's normal that older content is being given out... it's to help newer players catch up with everyone else, I don't see any problem if a newer player acquires something for free what took me months to farm, as long as there are players to play this game with... I am fine, once we don't have that then it's a problem. 

The problem isn't that triangle gems are free, the problem is that they aren't doing cost reductions to gem upgrades anymore. Upgrading from triangle to square is too costly for the increase in stats they provide, you have to invest a ton of money to get just one stage higher then what is obtainable for free which is highly cost inefficient. As it is right now there is no point for someone who is not a whale to upgrade hongmoon gems.

1 hour ago, Divinehero said:

because they only do cost reductions when a new tier of gems is introduced.. or at least that's how they've done it in the past

Last time they added a new gem tier we did not get a reduction, the last gem cost reduction was like 2 years ago.

You don't go above gilded tri until you're min-maxing. I have almost all square and one pent but while I did buy some tri and upgrade, most of them I landed from getting lucky on past events. Get a square? Cool, Don't, I'm not dying. With so much other gear that gives better damage to upgrade, If you're stressing over gems, your endgame gearing priorities are off. I had to learn too. A lot of the the hard way. And I can promise you that beefing gems didn't give me nearly the turnaround of an accessory or say soul or heart. Tricking out your acc and ss with psyches would be a better use of time. I see people doing just fine on some pretty high lvl stuff with Tri gems. You'll be fine for now. 

Edited by Deathevn35

Am 26.9.2020 um 14:27 schrieb Cor:

The problem isn't that triangle gems are free, the problem is that they aren't doing cost reductions to gem upgrades anymore.

Could also be because they introduced a way to get gem power in big quantities making the gems cheaper by default.

Gem powder was around 26 - 28G before they introduced the gem powder avaibility now they are between 10 - 14G. Sorry but there are more ways than reducing materials needed to give cost reductions. This time i actully have to say NC might have planned this.

On 2020-09-25 at 5:23 PM, campclan2 said:

Just so you know... the free triangles they keep giving out... and the ones you can get at Moon Refuge? They're not "Hongmoon" gems. This means they're locked to the character you get them on AND you can't upgrade or salvage them for powders.

The good thing about these gems is that you can put these on alts and save any upgradeable gems for your main.

5 hours ago, ImoutoMaster said:

Could also be because they introduced a way to get gem power in big quantities making the gems cheaper by default.

Gem powder was around 26 - 28G before they introduced the gem powder avaibility now they are between 10 - 14G. Sorry but there are more ways than reducing materials needed to give cost reductions. This time i actully have to say NC might have planned this.

The only thing nc planned is to make more money by not reducing gem cost and instead flooded the cash shop with gem offers right after adding the new gem tier. The marketprice only lowered because demand is lower because it's not worth upgrading hm gems anymore for normal players thus everyone getting moon refuge triangles instead. Also if you do some math you see that even with market price halfed it's still 25% more expensive than if we had gotten a reduction and marketprice had stayed the same.

Am 28.9.2020 um 20:25 schrieb Cor:

The only thing nc planned is to make more money by not reducing gem cost and instead flooded the cash shop with gem offers right after adding the new gem tier.

This cash box is intendet to grab our money sure but we are not talking about thoose boxes itselfe we are talking about the gem powder and the cost to transmute it if you dont wanna use F10 for it. So we have to keep in mind gem powders comes from F10 now but do people really buy all the powders with Ncoin ? of course not if it would be like this Gem powder wouldnt be at 12G right now it would still be atleast 20G.

PVP Players (mostly the ones from a specific region i am not allowed to name) earn like 100k or even more HM coins by wintrading, cheating, abusing of rank system, sometimes with good gameplay aswell......... thoose HM coins are used to buy Gem powders and since they buy so much of them its hard for them to get rid of them and the price decreases.

My point here is not the demand changed i would even say it increased but the avaibility exploded. Just look at the soul stones it was the same. Pet pod event came and demand was to high so the price increased but now there is low demand which means they sell for only 1.3G.

Zitat

The marketprice only lowered because demand is lower because it's not worth upgrading hm gems anymore for normal players thus everyone getting moon refuge triangles instead.

This is not really true. Demand is still pretty high cause there are alot of people including me who want the ap from the gems. I have pentas aswell cause i just wanted it.

Zitat

Also if you do some math you see that even with market price halfed it's still 25% more expensive than if we had gotten a reduction and marketprice had stayed the same.

The point is there was a cost reduction but not in a way most players would have wanted to see one.

Edited by ImoutoMaster

On 9/25/2020 at 5:23 PM, campclan2 said:

Ahahahaha you complain as if they actually care if you are a goodie two shoes or not just spend more money and you might get noticed... It's not our problem anyways you snooze you lose...

On 2020-09-25 at 5:23 PM, campclan2 said:

Not cool!:mad: Upgrading to square gilded is not worth the cost or the effort.

So... just to point out (although many others already have)... the Gilded Triangular gems that are being given out are not only locked to that specific character (meaning you can't transfer them), but they cannot be upgraded to higher stages or dismantled for gem powder. Simply put, they're locked gems you can't do anything with.

The gems you put so much work into still can be upgraded and even turned into dyads if you want, so they still have value. You can even dyad the gems you have and obtain these untradeable gems to go into the extra slots if you want. But honestly, I find the best use for these undradeable Gilded Triangle gems is for your alts. It's not overly difficult to gain these gems (they can be obtained with Moonlight Buds in Moon Refuge), so you get these for alts and save the upgradeable gems for your main.