The new Call to Arms is a bit...

SilverFoxR

5 hours ago, SilverFoxR said:

I mean... that is kind of the point I mentioned near the bottom of my post... and honestly, it's true. It very much seems like they're forcing unobtainable goals in order to force the key bundles.

Which goals are exactly unobtainable?

Any dungeons up to CC, even SP is perfectly doable. MSP stage 2 also i do not see an issue (Yes its msp stage 2 and not stage 3 that gives the remnant), ET boss 1 clear for remnant is also somewhat not a problem. Weekly Challenge is also not an issue since you can either do Sanctum or CC which pretty much a brainded dungeon.

Naksun, Yusang, Yeoharan....when those released originally the requirements were also very high for the gear we could get at the time, and you could easily clear them with much much less as long as you got the mechanics right.

Same goes for Master Hong, current requirement is 80k DPS, even if they bump that up to be like 1-2m DPS its still easily doable.

The only remnant i can see players struggling with is the Halcyon Hills / Sanctum one, but even then all you need for Halcyon Hills is a revival charm and not be too much brainded to avoid the attacks, the dungeons does not need that much dps to do either.

vor 7 Stunden schrieb SilverFoxR:

I mean... that is kind of the point I mentioned near the bottom of my post... and honestly, it's true. It very much seems like they're forcing unobtainable goals in order to force the key bundles.

Sorry ive recently read throguh what you have to do for the free gear its not unreasonable but i agree with the fishing. 100k pearls just why this means up to 6666 baits which is like 100 hours of fishing probably.

Whats so hard about the event ? Naryu Sanctum ? ET Raid ? Solo dungeons ? 1. You can do CC instead of Naryu Sanctum. 2. you can buy yourselfe into ET if you dont wanna do it urselfe with a guild (dmg will be enough cause event gives you enough gear till you have to do ET), 3. Knowing NCsoft the dmg requirements for this will be super low as long as you do mechs. Its like this everytime they release new content which is not a raid.

To respond to Grimoir and ImmoutoMaster...

I don't see there being much problems in any of the dungeons below CC for F8. That can be done (I know from experience on the last time they did this event). I'm not even all that worried about having to fight Naksun/Yunsang/Yeoharan (as less experienced people can probably just farm Naksun), though we aren't 100% sure how boosted they've been made (as the notes say they have been powered up).

The 3 major ones I'm concerned with are:

Weeklies - Although you can do (and will be doing) CC naturally for remnants, that still leaves Silversteel. I'm not expecting a lot of people to take GC1 characters into that weekly. It's going to be a struggle finding runs.

NS and HH - Sure, bring revivals, know the mechs... but, well... see above.

Fishing - I think we can all agree that expecting double the already large number of pearls from the last C2A event is insane. Not everyone can just leave their games running most of the day. Remember that this all comes alongside the Astromancer class and many people (myself included) will be using this event to gear up their new character. That means 0 pearls to start off with. One trick I used in the last C2A was doing some AFK fishing on the week before, so I was ready. This time, that's not an option. And, as I stated, the last C2A required 50,000 pearls... but THIS one requires 100,000 - double the amount!

With the 1st and 2nd points, we run into the same issue and one that keeps rearing it's ugly head - relying on a toxic community to get things done. Remember that most of the people doing this event are using it to gear characters (in most case new characters due to the Astromancer class dropping). So, low-gear characters now need to try to join runs of dungeons that are already being gatekeeped by high-geared players demanding high-gear requirements for dungeons. We already see GC9+ or TB+ for Silversteel time and time again.. or they just ignore you when you apply if they don't post a requirement. It's not much better with MSP and Halcyon Hills or Naryu Sanctum? There's going to be a lot of people who just can't do the event due to elitism.

And that's the main sticking point for this event. It expects the community to come together in a way it rarely, if ever does... or pay money... which is what they expect everyone to do once those players get frustrated of never getting the clears they need.

So yes, the event needs some reworks to be doable. Please continue spreading the word and hopefully, they'll consider it.

I feel the 6 weeklies isn't hard, there's the 2 tt and 2 ET weeklies that are super easy, I do them on my R3 no gear chars. Then there's the 2 favor and fortune and masterful task that will complete from super easy dungeons.

Also every stage you do open will give you a lot of gear and your char should be decently strong.

Granted it will be shitty to try to do hills since the new chars aren't gonna have party res charms and if you advertise hills and have a ton of new people show up it can turn into a ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ show.

However I'm gonna wait and see how things play out with the supposed dungeon nerfs.

Right now to me this looks like a decent event and ill likely make a astromancer and open the box on it. Ill also be maken a new lvl 60 warden to replace JonJonPoPongSoulburn because its annoying to activate SB vs SF. Also depending on how OP in arena astromancer is ill roll out a team of 3 of them to troll 3v3 by myself.

Like this but with astromancer, Oh and with the accounts i have ill make a 3x summoner squad also.

From DD to HCH, they nerf the difficulty. On the russian server, DST last boss has 18 million hp. Yes, 18 million. That's a 90% hp decrease. If the other dungeons recieve similar nerfs for the event, then a full newbie party with event gear will have no problem doing even hch.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/673933338746028032/758007630240284782/unknown.png

Am 21.9.2020 um 21:27 schrieb SilverFoxR:

though we aren't 100% sure how boosted they've been made (as the notes say they have been powered up).

From our information Den of the Ancients will need a total of 2.5 Million DPS which should be possible with the gear you will get through event but might be hard to do. Master Hong and the ones below will probably need way less dmg so the solo dungeons shouldnt be a problem. Maybe Mao.

Zitat

Fishing - but THIS one requires 100,000 - double the amount!

I am sad everytime i see this.

Zitat

There's going to be a lot of people who just can't do the event due to elitism.

Sorry but you can always create your own group and have you seen the news on how they nerved the dungeons for that event ? RU Posted a screenshoot which showed DST Boss 1 instead of 7.5 Million for burst you only need 1.1 Million to kill this boss in burst. Since everything up to Halcyon hills is getting such a nerv Dungeons wont be a problem.

For Weeklys Silversteel could be a problem but again the gear you get from the event is enough even for that also what is a guild for ?

For the ET Raid Remnant we can just buy a run for 500g from some seller.

Zitat

And that's the main sticking point for this event. It expects the community to come together in a way it rarely, if ever does.

Community is way less toxic as people let it sound. Me including alot of others are happy to carry new players through everything they can as long as they give a lil thx or something in the end but sadly the majority simply expects you to carry them. Some even expect you to carry them through IA Raid for free and give them all the loot.

Zitat

So yes, the event needs some reworks to be doable. Please continue spreading the word and hopefully, they'll consider it.

Well aside from fishing i seriously dont see the problem in this event. Den of the Ancients might be hard thou but i am sure its possible with the gear provided.

Edited by ImoutoMaster
  • Like 1

Alright :victory:

Everything in the event is "Doable".

I'm wondering out of ALL the People who will do the event ; How Many of them will get ALL 12 keys the "Doable Way" without just buying the keys when they're available ( and the time frame for the "Doable" Option )

:smirk:

Edited by Morotzukami

Going to post an update on my original post... but honestly... after the 1st day, I can say a few things pretty safely.

First and foremost, this event does seem a LOT more doable than originally expected. The main reason being the massive dungeon nerfs have pretty much made them a breeze to complete, making them easily to go through with virtually any group. You MIGHT need to do mechanics in some harder dungeons, but so far, even Hangar 0 was a joke with one 1800 AP destro and a group of event-geared characters.

That being said, I'm still seeing quite a bit of gatekeeping and elitism. A lot of people running Botany Center to Hall of the Templar are either asking for stupid requirements (one guy was spamming GC+, 8 full slots) or are simply not taking people they deem not "good enough" without requirements. It took quite a while for me to find a party for WC. I'm still also seeing TB+ requirements for some dungeons in the cross-server (which at this point is like asking for GC+ for Sogun's Lament). So, it's going to be up to the community to stop their nonsense.

Fishing is still the biggest issue, though - I've yet to get even enough pearls for the daily 5 remnant limit as it is. I'm still going to say that above everything so far, this is going to be the biggest sticking point for this event. I'd like to hope they put some into the hongmoon store like they did with the Ebon Realm remnants... but we'll just have to see.

But I will say that, for the most part, this event does look doable.

100k pearls on a fresh character, yeah, that's too much. Mostly because the time you gonna need to get them is just enough :

- 36hr between stage 4 and 6 where you need 25k pearls for each

- 72hr between stage 6 and 10 where you need 50k

You may think you gonna play more during week-end ? No ! Stop playing, go fishing !

Edited by Soulseek

5 hours ago, Neodicerbol said:

Hi. In my opinion, the Extraordinary Training Remnant could be put into Dragon Express so that they could be obtained the same as the Arena Remnant by exchange, so they could be obtained in another easier way.  :HajoonLaugh:

Honestly (and I saw your thread mentioning this as well), it's actually very easy to obtain any of the remnants revolving cross-server dungeons. Literally, the only one new players will have difficulty with is Naryu Sanctum. Every other dungeon has been heavily nerfed for this event's duration. This means you can do all the way up to Halcyon Hills with little to no effort. Only a couple of dungeons might need mechanics (Stonescale Passage and Halcyon Hills boss 1) and even then, it's super easy.

I've done Halcyon Hills a bunch already. The first boss mechanics is not bad at all and the second boss doesn't even need any. Plus their HP has been dramatically reduced.

Quite frankly, this kills much of my concerns for the event. It's not difficult in the slightest to run all the dungeons that give remnants in the cross server (save for Naryu Sanctum) every day. The Arena remnant is also super easy... all you need to do is set up the "You Get a Gold Star" daily quest, go into 1v1 3 times (win or lose) and you get the remnant. MSP only requires the Stage 2 dynamic quest (and tons of people are running them now for remnants). Throne of Oblivion MIGHT be tricky, but there's tons of people running them, so it shouldn't be overly hard to get. Quite literally, the only remnants I'm at all concerned about are the fishing one... because that's a TON of fishing you need to do. Although, to be fair, I am halfway done on that too... mainly due to afk fishing while I go to work (I'm not comfortable doing it... but it's possible).

Me personally, I wish they'd lay off on the fishing requirements as much, because it's kind of absurd. Everything else, however? It's very manageable.

Seeing as I was around for the last event I will say it's exponentially easier than last time. 

Fishing for a new person, Slow. It's means that you're probably going to miss out on some of the nicer things in the store like the legendary radiance stone. But The ET boss 1 remnant can be bought, Don't have to run it. Arena is bought as well. Solo dungeon remnants are a pain, I won't lie, But Naksun is doable on a brand new astro with what was supplied. I know, I did it, and it wasn't that bad. Astro damage output is sick. Dungeons, Run everything from CC down every day even if you don't think you need it. Cause you're gonna be breaking down extra remnants for ET and Arena Remants. Halcyon to H0. Halcyon only as a wipe mech on the 1st boss, so it's super easy to clear, getting a group wont be that hard. DON'T WORRY ABOUT NARYU. I'm geared for it and I'm getting the remnants I need without running it. As a matter of fact. I have yet to set foot in there and I'm 2 keys ahead of where I need to be. Granted, I opened the box on my main where having the gold for fishing bait is cheap and I had 90k saved going in. So if this is a new character for you, Gonna have to put in some fishing time. But you probably have school or work so FISH IN THAT TIME. 

Weeklies

YOU ARE NOT A WHALE SO YOU DON'T NEED ALL 7 WEEKLIES.

You're going to get lower 4 plus the last 2 from standard dungeons that your'e going to running everyday for remnants anyway. You only need those 6. 7 gets you the fusion stone that you need 50 of you get one lvl of weapon enchantment on a weapon that must be TB or higher. So skip it.

The end. After having been in the front row for events over the past year, They REALLY tried on this one. And before you go crying let me say this now so that's clear and you can process it:

A LVL 60 VOUCHER IS 50 BUCKS AND YOU GOT IT FOR FREE. AN ALTERATION VOUCHER IS ANOTHER 15. YOU GOT 65 BUCKS WORTH OF FREE STUFF ON DAY ONE I'M SORRY YOU'LL HAVE TO PUT IN SOME WORK AT THE KEYBOARD FOR THE REST OF THE EVENT.

I earned my TB weapon slowly the hard way. I'm sorry you'll have to grand a bit for month to get what took me 6 months. Get over it. This event is a real improvement. But it's hard to find gratitude anywhere I suppose

Il y a 8 heures, Deathevn35 a dit :

Seeing as I was around for the last event I will say it's exponentially easier than last time. 

Fishing for a new person, Slow. It's means that you're probably going to miss out on some of the nicer things in the store like the legendary radiance stone. But The ET boss 1 remnant can be bought, Don't have to run it. Arena is bought as well. Solo dungeon remnants are a pain, I won't lie, But Naksun is doable on a brand new astro with what was supplied. I know, I did it, and it wasn't that bad. Astro damage output is sick. Dungeons, Run everything from CC down every day even if you don't think you need it. Cause you're gonna be breaking down extra remnants for ET and Arena Remants. Halcyon to H0. Halcyon only as a wipe mech on the 1st boss, so it's super easy to clear, getting a group wont be that hard. DON'T WORRY ABOUT NARYU. I'm geared for it and I'm getting the remnants I need without running it. As a matter of fact. I have yet to set foot in there and I'm 2 keys ahead of where I need to be. Granted, I opened the box on my main where having the gold for fishing bait is cheap and I had 90k saved going in. So if this is a new character for you, Gonna have to put in some fishing time. But you probably have school or work so FISH IN THAT TIME. 

Weeklies

YOU ARE NOT A WHALE SO YOU DON'T NEED ALL 7 WEEKLIES.

You're going to get lower 4 plus the last 2 from standard dungeons that your'e going to running everyday for remnants anyway. You only need those 6. 7 gets you the fusion stone that you need 50 of you get one lvl of weapon enchantment on a weapon that must be TB or higher. So skip it.

The end. After having been in the front row for events over the past year, They REALLY tried on this one. And before you go crying let me say this now so that's clear and you can process it:

A LVL 60 VOUCHER IS 50 BUCKS AND YOU GOT IT FOR FREE. AN ALTERATION VOUCHER IS ANOTHER 15. YOU GOT 65 BUCKS WORTH OF FREE STUFF ON DAY ONE I'M SORRY YOU'LL HAVE TO PUT IN SOME WORK AT THE KEYBOARD FOR THE REST OF THE EVENT.

I earned my TB weapon slowly the hard way. I'm sorry you'll have to grand a bit for month to get what took me 6 months. Get over it. This event is a real improvement. But it's hard to find gratitude anywhere I suppose

I think, reading previous posts here that most of the people here think like you without having to use the CAPS trick.

So :

- yeah, it's a good event for new/returning/pre-patch active players

- yeah, NC did great and i want to thank them.

Yeah, seeing the downside of certain achievements you have to do, make us think that some slight changes may have improve it but the general feeling is really positive imo.

My main concern is really the fishing part because i really think it would have been done in another way :

- new characters (hit level 60 in the week previous patch or during event) get a boost +100% on pearls per fish

- make fishing attractive by selling pouch containing the remnant pearl and mats (5/day) ; doing this, new & returning players know why fishing is interesting

I guess, it's 100k now (not 50K like in previous CtA event) cause they want that pre-patch active players need to fish too. But that purpose hurts new characters.

I got a job so yeah, i can leave my home with game running. But I try to do my best to save energy (we all should) so i really don't like to do that (i even turn off screen) and that's why i'm not a bdo fan. Usually, i fish when i'm at home, knowing i won't use my computer for 1-2hr (meal, clean house, garden stuffs...).

And, sadly, returning home after a day work, sometimes i discover game crashed and my computer was on for nothing.

So yeah, great event for me, really fun even dungeons cause i can try those recent ones and i try to solo most of old dungeons to better learn some mechs. I like CtA cause it makes you do some parts of the game you don't usually do but you don't have to do it 5-6hr a day to open your box in time. Fishing, yeah, you have to.

My biggest issue is the 40 armory pearls. I cannot leave my laptop on at night to afk farm as my laptop heats up a lot over a long period of the app being open. I think the armory pearls would be a lot more manageable if it was reduced to 1k pearls per armory pearl or reduce the needed armory pearls by half or so. Having to do 100k pearls when it not only takes a lot of fishing bait, but way too much time. I am spending way too much time afk fishing when I need to grind other things. Fishing alone takes about 30 hours to do, sitting there not being able to work on other tasks. I am fine with pearls being in the armory chest, but make the amount actually doable.

9 hours ago, Athaya said:

I am a returning player and i was chocked they force us to do 6 weekly quests for a remnant either win a whale battlegrounds or pray for a carry on raids. Both are stressful... Jesus Christ.

Honestly, with the event... you're not going to have any difficulty other than the countless hours of fishing (which I still think is a bit too much).

For the sake of it, I'll explain what I'm generally doing to get remnants. When you see how this goes, you'll see that it's not actually all that bad. First thing I do when I log on is:

-Go to Moon Refuge and do "A Midnight Bummer's Dream" (usually via spider farm) for 1 simple remnant.

-Go to Mushin's Tower and defeat Refreshed Naksun on floor 15 (Yunsang and Yeoharan might be a bit tricky, but Naksun should be manageable).

-Grab the PvP daily quest "You Get a Gold Star", then go into the 1v1 arena and participate in 3 duels (don't need to win... just do 3 duels)

-Go to Zaiwei and join a Midnight Skypetal Plains run for stage 1 and 2 to get the MSP remnant (you only need to get the st 2 dynamic completed for the remnant)

-Enter Cross Server Dungeon and do every dungeon that gives remnants from Halcyon Hills down. With the dungeon nerfs, these are a cakewalk. You can solo DD to TSM easily.

And... after all of that... auto fishing to get my 5 daily fishing remnants... which is the only major chore in this whole event.

Other than that, all you need to worry about are 3 remnants:

1) The weekly challenge remnant. Do Botany Center to Hall of the Templar. If you want to try joining Silversteel, you can, but you don't need to. If you're doing all of the cross-server dungeons like I mentioned before, you'll get weekly challenges from doing a bunch of some of the higher level dungeons. It says you need Halcyon Hills and Naryu Sanctum clears 5 times for those weeklies, but you can also do Brood Chamber, Warped Citadel and Cathedra Cliffs (I think Stonescale Passage too?) to get those weeklies. You just need to kill those final bosses about 5 times... which if you're doing them every day... is pretty much going to complete itself. Trust me, with the event gear and the event dungeon nerfs, clearing any dungeon below Naryu Sanctum should be easy. Other than Halcyon Hills, Stonescale Passage and to a lesser extent Warped Citadel, you won't even need mechs. Just raw DPS will do it.

2) Throne of Oblivion's remnant. There's plenty of people doing ToO. Getting a run shouldn't be hard. The mechs for that raid aren't that difficult either and even if you die, you can 4 up and rejoin the fight. Very little pressure honestly... and you only need 1 or so remnants from here.

3) Scarlet Conservatory's remnant. You COULD buy a clear from someone running it... but if you're diligent and are doing the steps I mentioned early on, you can save up the extra remnants you've been collecting, convert them into those Armorer's Remnants and, when you have 80, buy the Scarlet Conservatory Remnant outright. Also, considering how the SC remnant is needed for the final key, you can do this near the end of the event... so as long as you're doing all the dungeons you can, this shouldn't be an issue. Do remember that, even if the dungeons aren't in the Daily Quest, they still give remnants. So still do Cold Storage, Heaven's Mandate, Drowning Deeps, Sandstorm Temple and so-on every day. Again, these dungeons are nerfed so heavily that clearing them often takes little to no time... especially with a decent party.

Again, the only thing I dislike is the fishing... you'll need at least 12500 pearls a day minimum to buy the 5 remnants related to them from Dragon Express... and you need about 40 of those remnants. It works out to a total of 100,000 pearls... and that's kind of insane. It's a TON of AFK fishing... a good 4 or so hours a day.

this event is...easy as hell
bosses are basically soloable
mushin's aren't too hard
3 daily arena (you can lose 3 times if you wish) for arena token
fishing pearls are also easy.  Buy 2k auto fish baits and leave character to fish during night. You should get about 10k...(I get ~15-20k per night). farming 100k doesn't need to be done instantly. You need 10 fishing remnants for stage 4 (25000 pearls), 10 for stage 6 (25000) pearls and 20 for stage 10 (50000 pearls). each stage basically can be opened every 18 hours and you can buy tokens every 24 hours...basically you get 10 days to collect 100k pearls...10k/day...it's not that hard if you leave character to fish during night. oh and..do raids. VT and BT at least...weekly challenges...I gave my alt 200gold as start...ended up having enough for like 4k baits and legendary aqua pet from store (basically 600g plus for 3 pets and 1 pet pod)
Only thing to worry about is ET remnant...rest are literally a joke..as for oblivion remnant...join clan and ask them to help.

Tbh I can't understand, and won't justify a whiners who think that 21 day. Yes a f..ing 21 day is too short to get 100k pearls, when you can leave character to fish overnight. Even if you work and go to sleep after work...you still can turn on game, leave character to fish and go to sleep...