The new Call to Arms is a bit...

SilverFoxR

EDIT:

Although I'll keep the words of my original post below, I would like to give my thoughts after the 1st day of the event and say that many of my concerns have been laid to rest... most of them anyways.

The biggest thing that makes this event far more doable than expected is the massive dungeon nerfs for the event. It pretty much means you can obliterate most dungeons without much trying. Many dungeons below DST see the boss die in seconds and even Hangar 0 can go down with less trouble than, say Starstone Mines with even a somewhat basic party. I haven't tried Stonescale Passage, Cathedra Cliffs or Halcyon Hills yet, but I don't see much to be worried about.

Naryu Sanctum, from what I've heard, is tough. It did not get the dungeon nerfs the others did... but the mechs ARE the same apparently as the old one. So... who knows?

I fought and beat Naksun. He's doable... but he can surprise you. He almost got me on my first (and only) fight. Remember, you do not get the remnant from normal Naksun. After beating him, you must use the device to essentially revive him in his stronger form to fight him for the remnant.

I've still seen ridiculous elitism for dungeon recruitment. TB+ for Hangar 0, GC+ w/ 8 unlocked slots (to weed out event characters) for Botany Center -> Hall of the Templar weeklies... and that's going to be one of the two bigger concerns for this event. Though, I hope things get more lax soon.

The other concern I have is the fishing. 100k angler's pearls (double last event). That is a LOT of AFK fishing. I don't even have enough for the "limit 5 per day" amount. I'm going to try to keep fishing, but I hope they do something to alleviate the burden for fishing, because it is a tad ridiculous.

All that said, this does look possible. Good luck, everyone!

ORIGINAL POST BELOW:

Spoiler

...unrealistic.

The prior C2A event was somewhat balanced. It wasn't perfect, but it was doable.

THIS one, however? This seems a bit ridiculous. How, you might ask? Well, you're expecting a character with a new Grand Celestial weapon of indiscriminate gem slottage to:

-Complete all 6 WC (including Silversteel) 2 times. Additionally, they changed the dungeon requirement to harder dungeons.

-Fish for 100,000 angler's pearls

-Fight Naksun, Yunsang or Yeoharan 10 times (and remember... they have been boosted)

-Complete Halcyon Hills or the new Naryu Sanctum 10 times

-Do Midnight Skypetal Plains (st 3 at least) 6 times

Some don't sound "too bad" until you remember that... most of these people will either be using the event to gear up their new Astromancer or another relatively under-geared character. To top it all off, many of the dungeon requirements are going to be gated off by higher-geared characters, meaning you're going to have a lot of difficulty getting into parties to do the event. There's also the fact that the Daily Challenge has been altered to take out Starstone Mines and Hollow's Heart to be replaced with the heavily boosted Naryu Sanctum.

Now, I was able to complete the last C2A event start to finish and, while it was tough at points, there were outs in the Dragon Express that allowed people to bypass more difficult requirements. This time, it's only the PvP requirement and Scarlet Conservatory.

Simply put, this event seems to far more challenging and, let's face it, practically impossible for newer characters to do. It screams of "buy keys" more than being doable. And, of course, the last C2A event made you buy the keys in bundles, so if you used one of those keys, it was useless to you.

To be completely blunt, this event needs some major reworkings to get it to be even remotely fair. Some I can think of off the top of my head are:

1) Half the Angler Pearl requirement. Some players may have pearls, but not if they're making the new class. This will get extremely tedious.

2) Change the Weekly Challenge requirement to 4 weeklies. Silversteel itself will not likely be obtainable for newer characters.

3) Make the Naksun/Yunsang/Yeoharan, Halcyon Hills/Naryu Sanctum and MSP remnants purchasable in the Dragon Express through other remnants.

After that, I feel as if the event would actually be possible. Otherwise, it's a lot of the same complaints people have had about the game - new characters struggling hopelessly while people with credit cards get a free pass.

Edited by SilverFoxR

Or just make remnants acc bound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You right man....another crap event

2 hours ago, SilverFoxR said:

...unrealistic.

The prior C2A event was somewhat balanced. It wasn't perfect, but it was doable.

THIS one, however? This seems a bit ridiculous. How, you might ask? Well, you're expecting a character with a new Grand Celestial weapon of indiscriminate gem slottage to:

-Complete all 6 WC (including Silversteel) 2 times. Additionally, they changed the dungeon requirement to harder dungeons.

-Fish for 100,000 angler's pearls

-Fight Naksun, Yunsang or Yeoharan 10 times (and remember... they have been boosted)

-Complete Halcyon Hills or the new Naryu Sanctum 10 times

-Do Midnight Skypetal Plains (st 3 at least) 6 times

Some don't sound "too bad" until you remember that... most of these people will either be using the event to gear up their new Astromancer or another relatively under-geared character. To top it all off, many of the dungeon requirements are going to be gated off by higher-geared characters, meaning you're going to have a lot of difficulty getting into parties to do the event. There's also the fact that the Daily Challenge has been altered to take out Starstone Mines and Hollow's Heart to be replaced with the heavily boosted Naryu Sanctum.

Now, I was able to complete the last C2A event start to finish and, while it was tough at points, there were outs in the Dragon Express that allowed people to bypass more difficult requirements. This time, it's only the PvP requirement and Scarlet Conservatory.

Simply put, this event seems to far more challenging and, let's face it, practically impossible for newer characters to do. It screams of "buy keys" more than being doable. And, of course, the last C2A event made you buy the keys in bundles, so if you used one of those keys, it was useless to you.

To be completely blunt, this event needs some major reworkings to get it to be even remotely fair. Some I can think of off the top of my head are:

1) Half the Angler Pearl requirement. Some players may have pearls, but not if they're making the new class. This will get extremely tedious.

2) Change the Weekly Challenge requirement to 4 weeklies. Silversteel itself will not likely be obtainable for newer characters.

3) Make the Naksun/Yunsang/Yeoharan, Halcyon Hills/Naryu Sanctum and MSP remnants purchasable in the Dragon Express through other remnants.

After that, I feel as if the event would actually be possible. Otherwise, it's a lot of the same complaints people have had about the game - new characters struggling hopelessly while people with credit cards get a free pass.

Man just dont do it,use credit card buy all keys problem solved

How the heck you guys can ask the new players to do CC and up?6 weekly?and Msp????????

Totally Stupid

As said most people will want too do this event with their new Astromancers and HTH do NCsoft think the players can do this event ? It just seems like they want too ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ Off the player base more and more until everyone quits so they have an excuse to shut the game down. So many have already left the game and this won't help to bring anyone back.

Edited by Drakor

22 minutes ago, Zuzuzuzuzu said:

7E2o198.jpg
The event before it was way easier and less stuff to do,
In the left is event now, and right is the last one .

I'm honestly glad they removed most of the raid requirement remnants (BT/VT/etc) as one bad raid and you were locked out for a week (it happened to me and my s/o last time). Taking Den of the Ancients was also a good idea (though you could buy that remnant).

The fishing especially is ridiculous. Not everyone has the ability to fish 100k pearls... even if it's AFK, not everyone can just let their game run for hours upon hours a day. Plus, you need 8 solid days to claim the pearls, since you can only turn in 5 at a time.

Finally, as I mentioned before, making characters do Halcyon Hills and Naryu Sanctum (not to mention Silversteel) while having GC 1-6 weapons is insane. Very few people are going to do those dungeons with people. It's going to be a nightmare to even find parties, but trying to get 9 clears? That's a bit too much.

I sincerely hope that @Hime and the rest of the staff see this post and consider this. The simple things I mentioned above (less Angler Pearls, 4 weeklies instead of 7 and making Extraordinary Training Remnants purchasable with remnant exchange) would go a long way towards making this event balanced and, well, let's face it, doable.

I can remember last C2A event, getting into parties to do dailies for CC was nearly impossible. Immagine having to do top 2 dungeons with higher lvl req then possible with a new character.

But last: fishing. Going afk for days and letting the computer run is not green at all. Every company in the world is trying to do something about the environment but you do just the opposite....good job guys :/

The weekly one is the HARDEST from that list , the quest change from BC easy dungeon to the hardest one Naryu sanctum which clearly a lot of players won't be able to do it because they get kick .
IA Steelbreaker same a lot of players don't do that because same they get kick .

This clearly should be change to 4 weeklies for remnant or atleast make a possibility to change other remnants for it . 

23 minutes ago, Zuzuzuzuzu said:

The weekly one is the HARDEST from that list , the quest change from BC easy dungeon to the hardest one Naryu sanctum which clearly a lot of players won't be able to do it because they get kick .
IA Steelbreaker same a lot of players don't do that because same they get kick .

This clearly should be change to 4 weeklies for remnant or atleast make a possibility to change other remnants for it . 

There is the 4 easy raids and then there are 2 PVE weekly quests where you just need to clear certain F8 dungeons giving you an easy 6/6. That is why it is the way it is. They don't take into account of the kicking from groups thing in F8 or toxicity in the west in general. They expect the opposite, to have people take in a bit lower geared people with them and help out. Even though SP, H0, CC are perfectly easy almost 0 mechs needed dungeons and can be cleared with less than 2k+. People are just not ready to do that, that is the only problem here.

19 minutes ago, Sayahell said:

Transformation Stone Crystal and Premium Transformation Stone Crystal will be used in place of Transformation Stone and Premium Transformation Stone.

did they remove transformation stones  for high gear  too ? 

isee only for low gear !

It's only the gear up to TB3 because that is the target they are aiming with this event. Would be dumb to have it on higher geared stuff like IA weapon since it's not part of the event. It's gearing event for low geared people and high geared people can then benefit from the other stuff like oils and pet packs with the remnants.

vor 13 Stunden schrieb Amarathiel:

There is the 4 easy raids and then there are 2 PVE weekly quests where you just need to clear certain F8 dungeons giving you an easy 6/6.

But the problem is with the update we have to do 5 times Naryu Sanctum instead of Brood Chamber for weekly. That's not an easy 6/6 anymore! They have to do something about it or the players who actually need the stuff from this event won't be able to achieve it.

7 hours ago, Ayanaye said:

But the problem is with the update we have to do 5 times Naryu Sanctum instead of Brood Chamber for weekly. That's not an easy 6/6 anymore! They have to do something about it or the players who actually need the stuff from this event won't be able to achieve it.

Well no one is forcing you to do Naryu Sanctum for that weekly, you can just do CC instead.

The article for the Naryu Sanctum update clearly says:

The weekly quest, A Masterful Task, has also been updated.

A Masterful Task    Weekly     Defeat Ayanka in the Cathedra Cliffs OR Xanos in the Naryu Sanctum

7 hours ago, Ayanaye said:

Everyone can archive it without any work, you just have to buy the keys from the cash shop. That's why they make it a pain in the ass because they want you to spend money.

1 hour ago, Sayahell said:

any knows lv 60  tiket is free?  cant nothing see about this or y must buy it with keys ?

yea.

Cosmic Horizon Celebration Bundle

Redemption Period: September 23 - October 21

Restriction: 1 per Account

Celebrating the launch of our 13th playable class, visit the Hongmoon Store and snag the Cosmic Horizon Celebration Bundle for 0 Hongmoon Coin!

The Bundle contains an Additional Slot Voucher and a Level 60 Boost Voucher for you to create your Astromancer.

1 hour ago, Morotzukami said:

The "Bar" for the keys is Purposely set Super High to "encourage" You to spend Money and Buy Keys.

I must be playing a different game because the bar is actually almost on the floor for this event. Not to mention the keys will be in the store a week before the event ends.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Morotzukami said:

Someone scratched the surface.

The "Bar" for the keys is Purposely set Super High to "encourage" You to spend Money and Buy Keys.

^_^

"Ain't it Grand?"

^_^

I mean... that is kind of the point I mentioned near the bottom of my post... and honestly, it's true. It very much seems like they're forcing unobtainable goals in order to force the key bundles.

Additionally, the prior keys were sold in bundles... meaning if you only needed 1 key, you needed to buy a bundle containing keys you didn't need. It's a pretty dirty trick... but the last event was much more manageable. Heck, even with some hiccups, I was still able to clear it. This time, though? It does not look doable at all.

4 hours ago, SilverFoxR said:

Heck, even with some hiccups, I was still able to clear it. This time, though? It does not look doable at all.

I just managed to do it with a lot of help from my main ( making gems, exp charms, giving the new alt mats etc ) but I don't see any way to clear all the requirements to obtain all the keys without buying.