NCwest is creating a toxic environment for new players on purpose

JonJonPoPong2

I haven't watched a korean B and S stream in what has to be years now. Their bosses have like no HP, SP bosses have like 170M HP each and Hills boss doesn't even have 700M HP. People can do these dungeons with no gear char parties where as we have to restrict access to these dungeons to geared players creating a toxic environment for new players. They are literally LFPing dungeons that we say TB+ for. I always do ALL welcome for CC down, but it sucks to have to kick out new players from dungeons like HH, SP, DST and H0. A lot of people wont even let new players into CC as they cant carry. 

WTF? How is making the game more punishing for new players supposed to grow the playerbase?

Who at NCwest thinks this kind of ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ is a good idea? Obviously at NCsoft Korea they disagree with you, so WTF?

Are the only decisions you guys independently make, the ones that makes the game worse?

Edited by JonJonPoPong2
Language.

Korea has an easy dungeon mode, which is much easier than what we have, our "Easy" is in fact a renamed normal mode. In KR however the very very easy dungeons yield no drops.

This has nothing to do with creating a toxic environment., This has to do with players being far to lazy to learn mechanics and just want and expect a brainded cheese thru dungeons.

If it was up to me i would prefer we go back to when BNS released where we had 4 man hard mode dungeons and actual normal modes where you had to do mechanics to clear (even in normal mode) else it would wipe. Maybe then players stop feeling en titled and actually learn to play.

1 hour ago, Grimoir said:

Korea has an easy dungeon mode, which is much easier than what we have, our "Easy" is in fact a renamed normal mode. In KR however the very very easy dungeons yield no drops.

This has nothing to do with creating a toxic environment., This has to do with players being far to lazy to learn mechanics and just want and expect a brainded cheese thru dungeons.

If it was up to me i would prefer we go back to when BNS released where we had 4 man hard mode dungeons and actual normal modes where you had to do mechanics to clear (even in normal mode) else it would wipe. Maybe then players stop feeling en titled and actually learn to play.

Sure this game is all about mechanics but why don't we have anything for lone wolfs? Some people prefer to play solo no raids etc and yet we have no options for it except mao like dungeons which are not rewarding in any way 

1 hour ago, AbsolutumDominium said:

Sure this game is all about mechanics but why don't we have anything for lone wolfs? Some people prefer to play solo no raids etc and yet we have no options for it except mao like dungeons which are not rewarding in any way 

its a MMO, if you are looking for single player content you are better off playing single player games tbh. BnS only has limited solo content and that wont change.

But if you like it, some of the solo dungeons will be buffed in a week with new rewards. Then you can have some more challenging solo content o.o

one explanation could be that they are ahead a number of patches there; there is a clear trend of providing easier access the longer something has been released.

a point of contention i think is important to bring up is the way people treat each other; its very rude to make assumptions, and obviously individuals will be prone to their own parallax, but you cannot make claims about anyone else's willingness to grow, the only ground you have is your own experiences, none of which are identical to some one else's.

Stop harassing each other for being different and retrace all of your steps if you cant see that you are separate from someone else. respect that you dont know all you dont know.

playing the genre card is not a valid point.

vor 38 Minuten schrieb Grimoir:

its a MMO, if you are looking for single player content you are better off playing single player games tbh. BnS only has limited solo content and that wont change.

with the current population trend , we are on best way to make BnS a single player game:playdumb:

That's what I mean also it is stupid to have raids for newest accs where you need 12 ppl and it is nescessary to keep up with the content 

Raids should be optional for different purposes than damage like unity or compound or even this +20 rng which is slightly affecting dmg

Solo/max 6ppl groups to achieve items for damage 

Population is lower than it is used to so the game should change along with it.

3 hours ago, Belido said:

Nope that is wrong!

Our easy mode was created like this:

1. Take the old normal mode stuff

2. add some random hard mode stuff to it

3. call it easy mode

Not quite, but i do like that normal mode = hard mode (except for the wipe mechanics). Imo, we should go back to actual normal mode with wipes to make players learn so they can pull their own weight and not rely on free carries.

2 hours ago, AbsolutumDominium said:

That's what I mean also it is stupid to have raids for newest accs where you need 12 ppl and it is nescessary to keep up with the content 

Raids should be optional for different purposes than damage like unity or compound or even this +20 rng which is slightly affecting dmg

But raids ARE optional. That is the entire purpose why alternative PVE weapon paths exist, why there are non-raid legendary accessories that are fairly comparable.  Not to mention over time they become more and more freely available with less effort.

If you cannot do the raids, its fine use the alternative accessories and weapons. If you want the newest best in slot accessories but you dont want to do the work for it, either pay and buy them or you shouldnt have them.

Edited by Grimoir

16 hours ago, AbsolutumDominium said:

Naturally raid would have very attracting reward as it needs 12 people and organizing 12 people is more difficult than going solo and obviously these 12 people wont unite and do raid just to get some fancy outfit or title, worse that title means nothing and outfits are often censored or simply ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ looking for certain race. Thus why there is raid weapon and raid accessories.  If you ever been in position of raid organizer you would found it took quite an effort to get 11 people to come, to do their roles and when problem arise which they will ranged from people cant do roles or even worse, fighting over items (very frequent and can end up extremely sour), the raid leader may often have to make difficult decision like kicking people off and trust me it is hard, especially for a sorry, female raid leader.

Clearly all those makes Raid HAVE to have attracting rewards. Nobody will do the thing if the reward is just outfit.  Maybe i will but i dont think i can get other 11 or 23 (back then) to run VT for a censored Zulia outfit.

Dungeons is less of a problem as it needs lesser people, not saying that there is no problem with groups but the problems are not as big as one typically encountered in raids.  But then we have a PVE dungeon weapon for that and PVP path.  If one ever feel those path are kind of weak then again... remember that Raid took more effort to do.  More than just go to F8, put a req or lonewolfing where one only have to worry about his own skill or ping.

The best thing company can do here is to actually do the optimization the community wants for so long, fix netcode, do better streams and actually read the patchnotes.  test the patch or open test server so we can try. Maybe a way so that teaching people to do stuff is rewarded (things of my complaint for so long)  More people will come and hopefully a better environment can foster, and less salty community.

Am 13.9.2020 um 18:38 schrieb JonJonPoPong2:

where as we have to restrict access to these dungeons to geared players creating a toxic environment for new players.

Sorry but i have to disagree. A new player comes out of the story and they are able to do anything below CC without any gear cause the chance to get one guy with like 10 Million dps in lfp is pretty high. Even CC is easy for a new player cause alot of people dont care about dps there too i mean you can solo cc with 3 Million dps.

New players expect to much. They come out of story with 1.2k ap maybe or even less and expect to be able to run IA raids. Some even complain about how toxic the community is cause they dont carry them through IA and quit afterwards.  There are enough ways for a new player to get decent gear. TT Gear shouldnt be a problem to reach in a reasonable time most people are simply to lazy farming their gear before entering endgame stuff.

Zitat

WTF? How is making the game more punishing for new players supposed to grow the playerbase?

The playerbase is not growing cause of other reasons. Like i wrote there are more than enough ways for new players to get reasonable gear levels if they are to lazy to farm a bit to get this gear an Asian MMORPG might be the wrong game for them in the first place. The reason new players leave are two reasons: They dont like running the same stuff every day or they notice the game is not running smooth on their I9 10000 series with RTX 2080ti and 64GB of ram.

But we dont have to focus on new players alone to keep this game alive. To my exp most people quit cause of the crap balance between the classes. Sooner or later everyone will be forced to PVP in some way and when they see there are classes that do like 30k in one hit while being in a godmode for several seconds they get frustrated. Most of them quit or atleast think about quitting several weeks after cause they see NC dosent care about this. 

On 9/14/2020 at 9:49 AM, Grimoir said:

Imo, we should go back to actual normal mode with wipes to make players learn so they can pull their own weight and not rely on free carries.

Ugh.. Given how frequently i saw it was always the same people i dont think they ever learnt. If a party wiped the wiper would leave party and then search for groups who could kill fast enough to bypass having to learn those mechanics. This continued until someone got the point across in 1 sentence of the chat.

Additionally when the games intended assists like red zones on the floor, skill indicators and Iframe notifications would lag the game causing a wipe anyway. Its a recipe for disaster especially with how some bosses took 5 minutes to wear down to that wipe phase.

If the intention is to make the game grow they need to resolve the longest standing issues that caused people to leave in the first place. (Ping spikes or generally high ping, varying frame rates, high amounts of gear tiers).

vor 50 Minuten schrieb matthew:

If the intention is to make the game grow they need to resolve the longest standing issues that caused people to leave in the first place. (Ping spikes or generally high ping,

I dont feel ping is the biggest issue for most people. It may be in NA but in EU i rarely see someone blaming Ping that much its more the FPS they blame cause how tf are you supposed to do your full dmg if you have fps in the single digits. (MSP for example)

vor 50 Minuten schrieb matthew:

high amounts of gear tiers).

Where is the problem here ? New players need cheap stuff to upgrade so Raven/Aransu is still needed in my oppinion. Accesories can be skipped cause nowdays you have carry runs for even halcyon hills but even if you dont use that way 2nd gen legendarys will still give you like 2million dps which is enough for all the content expect IA. Only thing i dont get why oils for Soul ? We had a cost reduction so you only needed mats to reach awk 5cosmic but for some reason they added oils back to it.