Sign in to follow this  
Nicolee

Am I missing a source of oblivion coins?

Nicolee   

I can average maybe 8 a week from the dungeon (with 3 resets, thank-you), but with the addition of the Pet-gem bags in F10 there isn't even close to enough materials to handle the bags!  I've only purchased about 4 bags (2 of each kind) and notice that max return is 2-3 frags and 2-3 HM powders).  But to do anything more than buy basic gems, that's not even close to enough.  Just to combine 2 hepta's cost 6 frags and that uses up any included frags, but trying to merge for a triangle -- 18 frags?  Um...that would be 12 for 2 octagons + 18 for triangle merge = 30.  That's a month for 1 guilded triangle (and goddess knows what the cost for guilded squares are, but 6 gems -- no way is 6 months reasonable for that level since squares are at least double the triangles (need 2 of them) and who knows what the transmute costs are for squares.  Even if you want to spend money on HM gem frags, you still will come up very short in the oblivion ingredients. Can something be done about this?

Thanks!

Gman   

This is a Korean grinding game (and PTW) Nothing is instantly with this game. Patience is needed.

Grimoir   

Thats the normal rate to get the oblivion coins. You cant buy yourself into good pet thems that much which is good.

What most players do is they run Throne on alts, create hepta / octas on alts and then mail them over to the main chars just to do the last transmutes into triangular.

Square pet gems are a complete waste of resources for the stats they give, they are simply not worth making.

Nicolee   

Grim: The alt-route may not be undoable, but would still prefer a route involving something like something purchasable with some game or event tokens.

Gman: maybe a Korean grinding game, but I have noticed a fair amount of effort to localize the game.  That doesn't just mean adding a language translation, but also deals with local cultural expectations and norms.  Apparently they even changed the name of the classes like from Huns->Gons or Kuns->Yuns or something because the former name was perceived as having some negative cultural reference.  In a similar way I suspect you'll find different views toward what constitutes an acceptable level of "grindiness".  I bet there's an age group difference, as well, between that in Korea vs. the West, with older players having less time and less tolerance for mindless 'grinding' in their 'entertainment' hours.

4 hours ago, Nicolee said:

Grim: The alt-route may not be undoable, but would still prefer a route involving something like something purchasable with some game or event tokens.

Gman: maybe a Korean grinding game, but I have noticed a fair amount of effort to localize the game.  That doesn't just mean adding a language translation, but also deals with local cultural expectations and norms.  Apparently they even changed the name of the classes like from Huns->Gons or Kuns->Yuns or something because the former name was perceived as having some negative cultural reference.  In a similar way I suspect you'll find different views toward what constitutes an acceptable level of "grindiness".  I bet there's an age group difference, as well, between that in Korea vs. the West, with older players having less time and less tolerance for mindless 'grinding' in their 'entertainment' hours.

I agree. As one of the olders players with not much time to spend, while I don't like grinding some they seem to take it to the extreme.  Even with alts, the amount of available time you have to play limits how much you can grind.  Especially if you want to do any content on your main as well.